2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Just got my new T150's

ReviellGolf

Just got my new T150 set. My old set was Taylormade RSi2's in stock 105 kbs shafts in stiff. My T150's are in AMT White X100. I hit the T150's really well on the sim. When I brought them out to the range, I was struggling a little bit with digging. I wasn't chunking them by any means but the leading edge on the T150 seemed to want to dig a little more than I am used to with the RSi2's. My ball flight with my old set was fairly dead straight but the ball would often balloon at longer distances. With the T150's there is 0 ballooning which is great but I noticed that I couldn't help but draw everything (not a snap hook, about a 15-20 foot draw on everything). I'm not super concerned about this, might just be an adjustment period but just something I'm not used to.

Just curious how long does it take for the leading edge on a new set to wear down? The digging isn't super bad, just a little more than I'm used to so I was just wondering if this will ease up a bit over time with the wear on the leading edge?

Just IMO 🤔

Fitting rule 1, Sim ≠ Real.

Digging probably has more to do with sole area than leading edge characteristics. The RSI’s are both wider and deeper, and will have more “float”. If you’re more of a picker/zero AOA, a lower bounce, smaller head iron is going to be more interested in taking divots than you may be accustomed to.

The AMT White is grossly different than the KBS’s in your RSI’s the effects and how well and how long it takes you to adapt to them will of course be individual.

• Like 4

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

Huge shaft change, length change, and IMO a sole that likes to get involved with the ground compared to the old one used on gen 1 T100, AP2, 620 CB etc etc with the pre-wear. Give it some time and get your irons bent flat. Titleist stock is stupid upright if that's what they fit you into. I go 2 flat min in Titleist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReviellGolf said:

Just got my new T150 set. My old set was Taylormade RSi2's in stock 105 kbs shafts in stiff. My T150's are in AMT White X100. I hit the T150's really well on the sim. When I brought them out to the range, I was struggling a little bit with digging. I wasn't chunking them by any means but the leading edge on the T150 seemed to want to dig a little more than I am used to with the RSi2's. My ball flight with my old set was fairly dead straight but the ball would often balloon at longer distances. With the T150's there is 0 ballooning which is great but I noticed that I couldn't help but draw everything (not a snap hook, about a 15-20 foot draw on everything). I'm not super concerned about this, might just be an adjustment period but just something I'm not used to.

Just curious how long does it take for the leading edge on a new set to wear down? The digging isn't super bad, just a little more than I'm used to so I was just wondering if this will ease up a bit over time with the wear on the leading edge?

The T150 is very AP2-esque and the draw-bias in the AP2 was definitely real, LOL. 

I also found my "best" shots with the T150 were a big, high draw so I don't think it's necessarily just something you're imagining. It was definitely a club that seemed like it wanted to turn over. Whether that had to due with offset or something in the dynamic properties / MOI it seemed like a steady thing.

OTOH, I hit my Srixon Z-Forged irons dead straight and that continues to be the case. I think the T-Series just has that draw-bias built in somewhere. Maybe it's less so with the T100. I don't know. 

The draw thing was a big reason I never felt comfortable with the AP2 design. Always preferred a simple MB or CB myself. Keep it simple. Keep the "tech" relatively quiet. 

Edited by MelloYello
  • Like 2

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM10 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Odyssey OG 2-Ball

1 hour ago, ReviellGolf said:

If you are waiting for any actual wear to impact playability you will be waiting a long time (until you wear them out).  In all seriousness, they are just a more aggressive sole design that will take some getting used to in comparison to your RSi2's

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

Can't say it's a factor for sure but don't forget the stock length on the T-150 is .25" longer than you stock RSI2's were. If it is that, it is something you will likely adjust to in no time or you can just choke up a touch.

So I had accounted for this when purchasing the T150's because my RSi2s felt the slightest bit short for me but turns out that after comparing the two in person, they ended up being the exact same length (they are both at their stock lengths). I'm assuming this has to do with how Taylormade used to measure their irons or something.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tree Levino said:

Huge shaft change, length change, and IMO a sole that likes to get involved with the ground compared to the old one used on gen 1 T100, AP2, 620 CB etc etc with the pre-wear. Give it some time and get your irons bent flat. Titleist stock is stupid upright if that's what they fit you into. I go 2 flat min in Titleist. 

Yea their stock lie is a half inch more upright than the rsi2. I actually thought this would be good cause my rsi2's tend to be a tad toe down when striking the ball but now I'm thinking that may have had more to do with the softer shaft. I'll give it some time and if it doesn't work out then maybe i'll try flattening them a degree.

44 minutes ago, MelloYello said:

The T150 is very AP2-esque and the draw-bias in the AP2 was definitely real, LOL. 

I also found my "best" shots with the T150 were a big, high draw so I don't think it's necessarily just something you're imagining. It was definitely a club that seemed like it wanted to turn over. Whether that had to due with offset or something in the dynamic properties / MOI it seemed like a steady thing.

OTOH, I hit my Srixon Z-Forged irons dead straight and that continues to be the case. I think the T-Series just has that draw-bias built in somewhere. Maybe it's less so with the T100. I don't know. 

The draw thing was a big reason I never felt comfortable with the AP2 design. Always preferred a simple MB or CB myself. Keep it simple. Keep the "tech" relatively quiet. 

That's interesting thanks for the info. I have never tried the AP2s. I figured, since the T150s have less offset than my rsi2s, and they are in a stiffer shaft, if anything that those factors would be slightly fade biased so I was a little surprised by the result when taking them outside the sim. haha