2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

longest drive (lets be honest)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once hit it past the ladies tee! I was tried after the long walk. :rolleyes: ;)

Callaway. TD M w/ Ventus Blue-6S

TM Sim Ti 15* w/Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

TM Stage 2 18* w/ Speeder HB-85S

Ping g410 Hybrid 22*w/Alta CB-S

PXG 03117t w/ $-Tapper 115-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* Taylormade Full Toe 58*

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Why aren't all you long hitters competing in the Remax World Long Drive championship this year? First prize this year is $ 250,000!!

[Yawn]

Because we're not long hitters (or at least not long drive material)

The question was 'what's the longest drive you've hit..' ; not 'Who drives the ball a really long way all the time as a matter of course...'

I'm withdrawing from this thread, because in between people calling me and others who they've never seen play or hit a ball liars, there are also people who seemingly don't read the answers.

This may help:

norm (plural norms)

(the norm) That which is regarded as normal or typical.

superlative (plural superlatives)

(informal) An adjective used to denote something exceptional.

A Dictionary is your friend.

Its funny partner they just don't understand . Under normal conditions the answer for me is 300 to 320 somewhere in there maybe a tad longer I honestly don't know.

When I was 15 I played a par five in Ohio that was straight down hill a steep hill and down wind. The hole was over 500 yds and I hit a wedge into it.

At the course I ran in Iowa we had a par five down hill that was 460 it was fairly steep and if it was blowing your ball would go over a cliff if you hit it far enough and I got within twenty or thirty steps of the green several times But it was straight down hill.

The ninth on the same couse was slightly up hill and 300 yds with water all the way down the left side it was 309 and playing super ball I once hit it over the green

Mat is so right its all about conditions and before anyone tells me to go enter a long drive. I entered the Iowa Qualifying for national long drive once .

For five bucks you got to hit three balls you could enter as often as you liked I hit three balls and was fifth for all day.

The drive they measured was like 258 the winning drive all day was 271 but it was into a nice wind and we had to hit a forty yd fairway.

My furthest was about 400yds on a 525yd par 5.... we saw atleast 3 bounces on the cart path down the left side and finally found it next to the 125yd marker in the fairway. I say about 400 since the hole was 525 and I was on the 125 marker. Not sure if that counts or not since it rode the cart path...

fwiw, i normally carry it about 250-260.

340 yards, Scottish Heights Golf Course in DuBois, PA. Downhill par 5 where you can get some nice roll if you land in the middle of the fairway.

I felt like John Daly!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Downwind, hard fairways, caught a downslope.

Coulda caught another one if I was using a more modern driver I think. (this was a TM 360 about a year ago) All I woulda needed was about 10 more yards to get yet another 10-15.....and that woulda just put me over 400. (which woulda been neat)

This year maybe I can do it.

even to hear anything over 350 just makes me laugh. guys if your hitting it 380 or 370 you can make good money on the long drive circuits! and even when you try to justify it by saying "oh it was downwind and downhill," i mean crap, thats only lets say 15 yards for the wind (thats generous) and 20 (very generous) for a hill, seeing as that not many holes have a 60 foot (20 yd) decline from tee to fairway slope down. therefore you would still hit it 340-345, its just stupid!

I take offence(sic) at being called a liar by someone who has never seen me hit a golf ball and has no idea of my standard of play.

Touché.

I think my longest drive came at a golf course outside of Highlands, NC called Highlands Cove. The hole was about 370 yards and the green was so far below the tee box that I flew the drive on the green and the angle it was coming down only allowed it to release about 10 feet. But I missed the 25 footer for eagle... :rolleyes:

492 yard par 4 8th Dennis Pines Golf Course. I had 168 yards left to the hole. The hole is dead straight and flat it was a warm summer day 80's and maybe a 5 - 10 mph tail wind. I'm usually never pass the 200 yard marker after a great drive. I most likely hit a few sprinkler heads anyways this is one of the most legit drives I could measure.

[b][i]Titleist 917D3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist 917F3[/i][/b]
[b][i]Titleist [/i]816H1[/b]
[b][i]Titleist 716[/i][/b] [i][b]AP2 [/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Vokey SM6[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 5[/b][/i]
[i][b]Titleist Pro V1X[/b][/i]

even to hear anything over 350 just makes me laugh. guys if your hitting it 380 or 370 you can make good money on the long drive circuits! and even when you try to justify it by saying "oh it was downwind and downhill," i mean crap, thats only lets say 15 yards for the wind (thats generous) and 20 (very generous) for a hill, seeing as that not many holes have a 60 foot (20 yd) decline from tee to fairway slope down. therefore you would still hit it 340-345, its just stupid!

I can only speak for myself. The rest of everyone could very well be lying. I of course am not gonna assume that for everyone though.

There's lots of long hitters out there.....

Get the right conditions and you can send one a pretty long way...

BTW the LD guys play on a FLAT range I'm pretty sure. Big difference.

I know I did hit one 380.

QUOTE(bucketmiz60 @ Mar 12 2008, 02:12 PM)

Okay, I understand that you may want to call bullsh%t, but every round do you not catch one better than the other 12 or 13 you hit ???? In Manitoba we get windy conditions more than we don't. A 40 km wind is not strange. Add a hard fairway and downhill..... hit one normally 260 carry, roll another 15 yards, add another 20 carry for the wind and being downhill easily adds another 20-40 yards..

I never said I could hit a 383 yard drive again... Normally carry 240-255 and roll out another 10 yards. That's NORMAL. Every round I catch a couple that end up in the 280-290 range with a roll. I know this as I hit Wedges into the green while the guys I play with hit 6 or 7 irons... A professional hits 10 or 11 out of 13 that go this kind of distance, I hit 1 to 3 ....

I can't say for everyone else, but I know I get humbled in the amateur events as I'm usually the shortest of my group. But we also play 7000 + yardages.

Guess this is similar to ...... Hey whaddya bench ?????

451 yds, Top flite, 35 mph downwind ,slightly elevated tee, slightly downhill, off the roof of a golf cart , cart path , cart path ........... little more cart path, a little more cart path and a finaly a little bit of hard pan. Made a par.

Mavrik  max 10.5 *  hzrdus t1100 2* adapter
Epic flash 3 wood Hzrdus yellow 85
3 iron PXG 0811 gen 2 0311X Mitsubishi 105 mmt 
4-PW Titleist t100s limited black px lz 
50 Taylormade hi toe px

54 Taylormade hi toe px
60 Taylormade hi toe px 

Toulon Austin garage 

This will fit the topic well; I just got the longest drive today on the long drive hole in a scramble.

305 yards on a softish ever-so-slightly uphill fairway. Used a standard length 9.5 deg. 300cc hawkeye VFT with a pro V1x.

Not my longest drive ever, thats more in the 340-350 range with no wind, flat hole, but a generous amount of roll.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the replies i printed them off and took them to the Jack A** who told me this.

although he did hit the ball about 350 and a couple times, theirs no way 425.

my longest drive is 357 yards with 30 to 40 yard of roll on the winter fairways that were starting to freeze at nights, i average about 300 - 310

to all, thanks for decent comments, posted this on one site, i could not believe some stuff posted :)

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well, let's see! There are 6 Billion people on this planet right now and each and every one of us posses’ different abilities simply meaning we are all built different. There are many of us who are the same comparably but that is not to say that someone will or will never possess the skills to hit a golf ball 400 yds on the fly or 390 with a 75 yard roll/bounce/kick/aid. It can be done and it has been done.

I do not know single one of you personally and I will be damned if I feel it is right to pass judgment on any you. If you say you hit the ball 400 and that is the truth no matter how it happened, then congrats, give reason beyond a doubt. But, if you say you hit the ball 400 and you know it is an outright lie, I am sorry you feel the need to be deceptive with us. These are just posted words and how am I supposed to correctly separate fact from fiction? That my friends is IMPOSSIBLE!! That being said, who am I to call any you liars?

If you say you hit the ball 400 yards, be explanatory, tell us how! Was it wind aided? Was it advanced by the cart path? Was it downhill? Do you swing faster than 140+? Do you compete? What is the length of your driver? Do you have proof? Was is it just flat out killed and you possess that ability?

There are many of us who are to modest to say anything for fear of retribution as we have all witnessed but some of us DON'T CARE. Why is there such a strong will by a majority of GWRX to cry foul? If the man/woman was your friend you would be talking him/her up and down with positive and complimentary words, why is it so hard to believe that feats of this nature are impossible for others? Simply saying "That's BS" is admitting that you are not willing to believe it CAN happen. Just because you or those that you know have not been fortunate enough to physically make it happen does not mean others are not capable.

I am asking for maturity and respect from the entire community which is sorely missed in our great country. To those of you who feel it is better to try and impress through fictitious banter just know this, the GWRX forum & community and what it represents has been wasted on you and I hope you find some time to gain insight on how to show some tact, compassion, and a way express less judgment.

Sorry, just had to rant!

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Over 300yds, or at least over 270 meters. Downhill in the midst of summer. It took a vicious bounce on a downslope after a carry of just about 220 meters, hopped through the dogleg and ended up lodged on the trunk of an old tree, unplayable. Distance sucks without control. I have always taken 3wood on this hole since then. :clapping:

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

Well I am not a long hitter and I am only 130lbs but I carried a drive down wind about 290 and took a huge bounce on a cart path for a grand total of 370.

New member I see, NICE!

Welcome to GWRX Bodie.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

I just had my longest drive ever yesterday in a Scramble Tourney with my Family.  I usually hit it about 300 - 320 and am a scratch handicap.  We got to a downhill par 4 - 404 that is downhill untill the hundred yard marker where it flattens out with water all down the right.  My Dad told me to turn one loose so I set up to hit a little CP Draw (TGM) and hit the shot of my life.  It flew to about 80 yards and took a huge bounce and rolled up onto the green!  It probably ended up right at the middle of the green..it was definitely almost as exciting as my hole-in-one.