Skytrak Plus vs MLM2 Pro for indoor use purchase

I have been over and over these forums and other internet resources delving into all opinions on both of these units. At this time, I’d just like to hear opinions on which unit people prefer to use as their personal launch monitor for indoor use. It would mostly be used for practice with some occasional simulation.

The indoor setting would be a garage. I have more than enough space for either unit. As for radar interference with the MLM2 Pro, I have plenty of distance and setup configuration now to avoid major causes even though it would appear that the MLM2 Pro doesn’t suffer from a lot of the radar interference issues like other similar units do.

So, which unit would you go with and why? This is just between these two units. I have no interest in BLP/GC3, Uneekor Eye Mini, or Garmin R10.

I have been researching launch monitors intensively for a while now.  I had initially settled on the R10 but wanted more accuracy and more club data so moved to the MLM2 Pro as my preference.  I then started thinking that I am really after something that I can use to really get into analysing my swing, shot data and improving my golf which led me up the price range to the Mevo+ and the Skytrack Plus.  Both are really great units.  The biggest limitation I have is distance behind the ball - the Skytrack goes beside you so you don't need as much space so that was a deciding factor for me. 

the Skytrack Plus is massively more expensive than the MLM2 Pro but I've decided to "buy once, cry once" and treat myself.  the features, accuracy and software of the Skytrack Plus tick the boxes for me.  you don't need special balls with the Skytrack either so that opens up the opportunity to test different golf balls with the unit too.

I am determined to improve my game and get more from my practice which I will be able to do from home.  just beating balls in a net or on the range will help but I am keen to get more scientific.  

my 2 cents.....

47 minutes ago, sneaky_pete said:

I have been researching launch monitors intensively for a while now.  I had initially settled on the R10 but wanted more accuracy and more club data so moved to the MLM2 Pro as my preference.  I then started thinking that I am really after something that I can use to really get into analysing my swing, shot data and improving my golf which led me up the price range to the Mevo+ and the Skytrack Plus.  Both are really great units.  The biggest limitation I have is distance behind the ball - the Skytrack goes beside you so you don't need as much space so that was a deciding factor for me. 

the Skytrack Plus is massively more expensive than the MLM2 Pro but I've decided to "buy once, cry once" and treat myself.  the features, accuracy and software of the Skytrack Plus tick the boxes for me.  you don't need special balls with the Skytrack either so that opens up the opportunity to test different golf balls with the unit too.

I am determined to improve my game and get more from my practice which I will be able to do from home.  just beating balls in a net or on the range will help but I am keen to get more scientific.  

my 2 cents.....

Yeah, I settled on the Skytrak Plus. I will be ordering it this week. It came down to the fact that although I have the space for a radar unit, I didn’t want to deal with possible interference issues of being in garage.

Another big thing for me is I like to play with a lot of different type balls and really would like to see the data on how that affects my numbers.

Lastly, I feel like they are just brushing the surface of what the Skytrak Plus is capable of. I feel like with more updates in the coming years that its accuracy and information provided will only get better.

10 hours ago, golfpractitioner5 said:

I settled on the Skytrak Plus.

If the price difference wasn’t a concern, this is the route I’d probably go too. I have the MLM2 and tested the original Skytrak on a trial. The MLM2 is incredibly accurate for the price, but the app is lacking (IMO), especially for the $200/year subscription cost, but I’m not a big sim player and that’s where Rapsodo’s efforts have been lately. If Rapsodo ever adds face/path, I may retract that statement. The one thing I’ll add that works in the MLM2’s favor is the swing video info. You get front and rear view, along with impact view of your swing. It’s one thing to see numbers, but a much more insightful analysis when combined with the visuals, which help determine the why the numbers are what they are.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:34 PM, golfpractitioner5 said:

Yeah, I settled on the Skytrak Plus. I will be ordering it this week. It came down to the fact that although I have the space for a radar unit, I didn’t want to deal with possible interference issues of being in garage.

Another big thing for me is I like to play with a lot of different type balls and really would like to see the data on how that affects my numbers.

Lastly, I feel like they are just brushing the surface of what the Skytrak Plus is capable of. I feel like with more updates in the coming years that its accuracy and information provided will only get better.

Ordered my Skytrak Plus today!!!!   They are still selling the original Skytrak and upgrading the software on it so it should be a good long-term investment.  From the reviews I've seen the software is top notch and as you say it will only get better.  Now to find a net!

On 4/2/2024 at 9:34 AM, golfpractitioner5 said:

Im looking to buy the same one, for the exact same reasons you are. In a garage, things that work in limited space is key.

One question. Im a bit confused on how the software works. Particularly E6 (from my understanding E6 is the best?). The E6 website when going to look at pricing says something about having to get ahold of Skytrack. Making it sound like when you buy the launch monitor, you also buy the software with it. Did you have to pick what software you wanted with it at checkout or do you have to get those completely separate?  

Edited by akronswitness

11 hours ago, akronswitness said:

Im looking to buy the same one, for the exact same reasons you are. In a garage, things that work in limited space is key.

One question. Im a bit confused on how the software works. Particularly E6 (from my understanding E6 is the best?). The E6 website when going to look at pricing says something about having to get ahold of Skytrack. Making it sound like when you buy the launch monitor, you also buy the software with it. Did you have to pick what software you wanted with it at checkout or do you have to get those completely separate?  

So, I just did the game improvement package through Skytrak. But, I will be getting an annual E6 subscription, too. You purchase that through the Skytrak website. You just go to their software page. It is super easy.

• Like 1