Nike Slingshot OSS

The second generation of the revolutionary Slingshot irons take forgiveness to a new level. The deeper CG position, wider sole and lighter/hotter face make high, long and accurate iron play easier than ever.

The new Slingshot OSS (OverSize Slingback) is an extension of the highly-acclaimed Slingshot, which was awarded the 2004 Iron of the Year by Golf Digest. Nike Golf engineers have shifted the center of gravity lower and deeper in the Slingshot OSS to take forgiveness to a whole new level and make it easier to square the clubface.

* Center of Gravity:

Nike Golf has moved the center of gravity further beyond the face, resulting in Air CG+ by deepening the slingback design, widening the dual glide sole and incorporating a lighter, hotter cryo steel face. The Slingshot OSS boasts a center of gravity position that is well beyond the thickness of the clubface, making it easier to hit the ball higher, longer, more accurately and with softer-landing shots.

29 grams of saved weight have been placed further back in the clubhead's new oversize slingback, as well as lower in the wider dual glide sole. All of this combines to enhance perimeter weighting and increase the MOI, which helps resist clubhead twisting on impact for more forgiveness.

* Cryo Steel:

The cryo steel clubface is thinner, stronger and creates a hotter ball speed than conventional stainless steel. A robotically controlled laser weld maximizes the cryo steel faceplate size to create a large, more responsive sweet spot.

* 3-D Flow Weighting:

Through 3-D flow weighting, the Slingshot OSS irons have weight strategically and uniquely distributed in each clubhead. Long irons have weight concentrated low, rearward and in the heel to help you square the clubhead and get the ball airborne. As the club numbers increase throughout the set, the slingback design incrementally shifts higher and toward the toe to precisely calibrate trajectory and spin rat. This prevents shots from ballooning while maintaining the ability to hold greens.

* Dual Glide Sole:

To assist in delivering crisp, authoritative shots, the dual glide sole has been engineered to provide the clubhead with smooth flow through the impact zone. The wide constant sole width of the Slingshot OSS irons makes it easy to get the ball airborne and increase the effective bounce to help prevent digging and "fat" shots. The beveled trailing edge of the sole reduces turf drag and the risk of thin shots.

* Shaft:

The iDiamana-cw Light/Constant Weight Graphite Shaft by Mitsubishi Rayon is made for each numbered clubhead and maintains the same static weight throughout the set (lightweight - low to mid 70 grams depending on flex). This specifically tuned shaft provides optimum tip flexibility, stability and trajectory and increases clubhead speed.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi there! How do you like the Slingshot Tour? I'm trying to decide if I want to get those or a set of the ProCombo OS. I play with the first generation Slingshot and while I like them a lot, I don't like staring at a grapefruit at address. I'm a low to mid 90's player and I want something with a thinner top line. Thanks!

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

These irons literally made me a Nike convert. I've tried Nike before, but never bought any Nike until now. I had been a Callaway and Taylormade junky before this.

I was looking for a modern era game improvement iron. To give you an idea, over the past weeks I compared these with: Taylormade CGB, and XD; Callaway Big Bertha, Mizuno MX-17, Nickent 3DX hybrid, Nike Ignite Irons, and to be honest, I can't even remember the other ones.

Over a few weeks testing, the launch monitor told me I hit the Nike Slingshot OSS further, and with less dispersion than any other club. The CGB was up there, but still fell a little short.

I almost picked up the Slingshot Tour Pro's but the lack of shaft option turned me off. They are game improvement too, but I realized that once I get used to the larger appearance at address, this is a better club for me.

The ball does explode of the face very well. I've owned clubs that had far less feel than these too. A miss-hit will be forgiven, however, you will know where on the club you struck the ball. (You can definitely feel heel hits) This club gets reviewed often, and you hear about the distance, and forgivenss but for a super game improvement iron I think the feedback is worth noting. You're definitely not going to be working the ball, but if you're going for straight and far, at least give these a swing.

These are also priced really competitively compared to similar clubs in other lineups, such as TM CGB's or Callaway Fusions.

I've had one long range session with these since purchasing them. So far so good. The ball is going further than ever before for me (with each respective club compared to my previous 3 sets of irons), and this new found confidence is allowing me to swing harder at the ball. I'll update this when I get some more feedback.

• 6 months later...

Im probably a beter golfer than these clubs, so probably should hav egot the TOUR. I love these dont get me wrong, they are easily the nicest clubs I ever played with. I tried the ADAMs and liked both equally, but Im a NIKE guy so t these.

The offset I am still trying to get used to after playing with budget clubs all my life (Wilson, and RAM) I find the offset has made me have to line up my shots a little differnt.

I love teh sound, an the OS look isnt too bad. I just like the confidence it gives me that I am going to hit a relatively good shot. And that is important.

Well worth the money, especialy if you can find a set on sale, or even a used set from somewhere like Global Golf that are in excellent condition.

Im a consistant low 80s golfer for the record

• 4 months later...