2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Awesome! Can we just call these Performing Art?????

Mine will show up here soon, can't wait!!!!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

Just finalized my order with Dave. So f-ing excited! I'll be posting pics when they start rolling in. Product and customer service is second to none with these guys. Dealt with Chris and Dave personally. I had no expectation of working with the owner and creator of such an amazing company, but he took the time during a round of ice storms to work with me. Amazing group. Can't wait to see the pictures come in and the finish product!

[quote name='JustTrying2BAwesome' timestamp='1424895102' post='11027511']
Just finalized my order with Dave. So f-ing excited! I'll be posting pics when they start rolling in. Product and customer service is second to none with these guys. Dealt with Chris and Dave personally. I had no expectation of working with the owner and creator of such an amazing company, but he took the time during a round of ice storms to work with me. Amazing group. Can't wait to see the pictures come in and the finish product!
[/quote]

same here my friend. Customer service is amazing. Finished my order with Jim last week and I cant wait to see pics also. there precision on their putters I've seen online are the best. Cant wait either. I'll be sure to share pics too.

- Callaway Ai Smoke Max Driver w/ Graphite Design Tour AD UB 60g

- Callaway Ai Smoke Max 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD UB 70g

- Ping G430 17deg Hybrid w/ OBAN Kiyoshi White 95g

- Tour Edge Exotics C723 21deg Hybrid w/ OBAN Kiyoshi Purple 100g

- Ping i530 5-PW, AW w/ Dynamic Gold MID Tour Issue 115g

- Ping S159 54 & 58deg Wedge w/ Dynamic Gold 120

- 2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 Putter

- TP5 Golf Ball

Thanks for the great comments guys! We appreciate your support.

We will definitely keep you updated during the Build Process of your Custom MACHINE and we can't wait to hear your thoughts once you have these in hand.

If you have any questions at any time, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

[quote name='mmaloney23' timestamp='1424899847' post='11028039'][quote name='JustTrying2BAwesome' timestamp='1424895102' post='11027511']
[/quote]

same here my friend. Customer service is amazing. Finished my order with Jim last week and I cant wait to see pics also. there precision on their putters I've seen online are the best. Cant wait either. I'll be sure to share pics too.[/quote]

I am with you guys! Put my order in last week and am extremely pumped to get my putter. I have worked with Chris and Dave and they are both great to deal with. I am sure they are sick of hearing from me by now! I am looking forward to getting some updates and pictures soon. I will post em up when I get them.

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

A little lefty love and a preview of my putter. This was earlier on in the process but I didn't want to give away too much.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1424912484' post='11029429']
A little lefty love and a preview of my putter. This was earlier on in the process but I didn't want to give away too much.
[/quote]

I got my popcorn ready

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

5 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2 | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 90TX

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[/quote]

Damascus? The side of the billet looks like it has layers. Or did I give too much away ;)

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1424917512' post='11030029']
[/quote]

Damascus? The side of the billet looks like it has layers. Or did I give too much away ;)
[/quote]

I saw that too but that's just the lighting. This one is going to be stainless steel and pretty clean/classy. Some modifications to the bumpers, a really cool neck milling, and some other stuff.

It won't be the coolest Machine ever but I went with a really clean look.

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1424918098' post='11030091']
I saw that too but that's just the lighting. This one is going to be stainless steel and pretty clean/classy. Some modifications to the bumpers, a really cool neck milling, and some other stuff.

It won't be the coolest Machine ever but I went with a really clean look.
[/quote]

Really cool neck milling perks my interest for sure! Looking forward to the final product.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

So I had a crazy dream last night about Machine and my putter. It is too long and crazy to tell here, but lets just say that my new putter is in my head!!!!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Just got an update on my putter. It is all milled and ready for the finishing stages!!! :partytime2: :yahoo:

Finish will be a custom torched and the medallion is Damascus and will also have a torched finished.

Pics after milling...

16078411013_6440a34694_b.jpg

16076042324_195eb7e225_b.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

Just got an update on my putter. It is all milled and ready for the finishing stages!!! :partytime2: :yahoo:

Finish will be a custom torched and the medallion is Damascus and will also have a torched finished.

Pics after milling...

Wowza! That's nice

Pics after milling...

Wowza! That's nice

Thanks!

I am pretty pumped about this putter. I have wanted one for a long time and finally got the chance to do it. I should have it in my hands in a couple of weeks. I just need this snow to melt!!!

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

The talent & artistry and craftsmanship that goes in these putters is off the scale.It has been over a year now since I got my Damascus and I don't even look at the putter rack anymore....seriously...not even a peek.

DB & Chris,

keep up the good work.

TM R1 Tp
Miura CB501's W/recoil proto's
Miura 52,56,60
Machine Damascus Steel

Pics after milling...

Wowza! That's nice

Thanks!

I am pretty pumped about this putter. I have wanted one for a long time and finally got the chance to do it. I should have it in my hands in a couple of weeks. I just need this snow to melt!!!

nice putter. great work. i have snow in boston too but cant wait to get mine and start putting on the rug.

- TP5 Golf Ball

Not only are these putters awesome and truly works of art, but the thing I like the most is that the pictures are always spot on! You guys always nail the right positions for the pics to see all the angles and the craftsmanship, especially the direct "from address" pics.

Others should take note of how to take pictures by using this thread as a guide.

- Josh

[quote name='jtitleist12' timestamp='1425401371' post='11068541']
Not only are these putters awesome and truly works of art, but the thing I like the most is that the pictures are always spot on! You guys always nail the right positions for the pics to see all the angles and the craftsmanship, especially the direct "from address" pics.

Others should take note of how to take pictures by using this thread as a guide.

- Josh
[/quote]

Hi Josh,

Thanks very much for your kind comments. We do work hard to provide our customers with good photos, both in process and of the finished products. It does take more time, but our customers do seem to appreciate it. And, while I used to do it all by my lonesome, my two boys David and Michael now help out as well.

Having said all that, please don't give the competition any ideas! They're already "adopting" enough (too much)!

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

We'll catch up on some more photos - we've been behind with all the ice, freezing rain and snow storms here, but are working hard to catch up.

Stay warm everyone, Spring is just around the corner! (hopefully!).

All the best,

-Dave

Howdy from cold and rainy Plano, TX. Rain is supposed to turn to ice again here in a few hours, so I thought I'd catch up on some posting before I have to go scrape the ice off my truck.

Here is a beauty that just went to it's new home.

This is a very Custom M10 Fixer with Billet Copper face insert, billet copper plugs in the heel and toe, and a special extra thick Mokume Logo Medallion (with really crazy cool pattern) for added weight and with experimental hot sauce patina (on the medallion). The head is 303 stainless, there are two sight lines to frame the ball, a floating face cut / sound slot, and a matte black double bend shaft over stud. I used a new experimental "Mesquite Smoked" finish to lightly darken the stainless Morning Dew satin mist.

I hope you enjoy the photos. Stay warm out there! (come on Spring!!).

All the best,

-Dave

[attachment=2647295:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22c.jpg]
[attachment=2647299:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22ch.jpg]
[attachment=2647301:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22ad.jpg]
[attachment=2647303:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22f.jpg]
[attachment=2647309:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22s.jpg]
[attachment=2647313:MP_M10F_C-CP_DBSOS_C-MGLM_B_Fulmer_22c_cu.jpg]

nice work as usual dave. I love the look of copper. that shaft looks sweet also.
I got a copper medallion and copper spacer on a putter that is currently in the works with you guys. look forward to it.

cant believe the weather you guys are having down there. drive safe. we got slammed in Boston this year.

- TP5 Golf Ball

[quote name='mmaloney23' timestamp='1425661742' post='11090395']
nice work as usual dave. I love the look of copper. that shaft looks sweet also.
I got a copper medallion and copper spacer on a putter that is currently in the works with you guys. look forward to it.

cant believe the weather you guys are having down there. drive safe. we got slammed in Boston this year.
[/quote]

Thanks Michael!

Well the thing with the winter weather in North Texas is it can be harsh, but usually doesn't last for more than a few days, if that. In this case three ice / freezing rain and snow events in two weeks is more than I can ever remember. But, it's supposed to be sunny and 70 again later this week - you won't hear me complaining about that!

Your putter is in the works and we'll be updating you soon as it comes together.

Thanks again for the post and for your support!

Best,

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1425953583' post='11112161']
[quote name='mmaloney23' timestamp='1425661742' post='11090395']

[/quote]

Thanks Michael!

Well the thing with the winter weather in North Texas is it can be harsh, but usually doesn't last for more than a few days, if that. In this case three ice / freezing rain and snow events in two weeks is more than I can ever remember. But, it's supposed to be sunny and 70 again later this week - you won't hear me complaining about that!

Your putter is in the works and we'll be updating you soon as it comes together.

Thanks again for the post and for your support!

Best,

-Dave
[/quote]

no prob at all. we understand. i feel bad for you guys down there. i lived in the south when i was in the military. some friends still there are saying how transportation comes to a hault. be safe down there and enjoy the 70's. for me up in bosotn it will hit 50 tomorrow thank god. we have had so much snow.

take care dave. look forward to my awesome putter.

Michael

- TP5 Golf Ball

Hey Everyone,

I've received a few questions recently about some of the stamps I do on putters. So here you go.

Whenever you see a "Prototype" or "Proto" stamp or engraving on one of our putters, it's an actual prototype of some new model, style, shape or technology, etc. These are usually only one or two, and certainly less than five of any prototype, total. Ever. If there are more than one prototype within a series or short run, each prototype will be different from the others somehow. So in that sense, a prototype could be the first or second of a small batch run.

Case in point, the attached photo shows the first and only (1 / 1) M8 First Run Adjuster Prototype, circa 2009. There were 10 putters made available from some rare CNC milled 8802 blanks. The heads were pretty light, so we tested how much adjustable weight ports we could squeeze in the sole. The putter can be fit with heavy tungsten weights in the heel and toe, steel or aluminum in the center for an expanded MOI and larger sweetspot.

[attachment=2655387:MP_M8_1st_R_#3of10_Adjr_PT1of1_QuintStamp_15sf.jpg]

This and a couple of the other putters are hand stamped with my last name, also pretty rare for me. I toyed around with naming this one for my alma matter... Otis / Parsons. That wouldn't fit, so I mocked it up as O. Parsons for short. Pretty extreme, don't you think?! Made myself laugh with that one. haha.

The following M10 was the first Prototype for the new TMG-20 Grooves back in 2012. The head was an early release M10, also rare in that it was in the Roll Top limited release, rarer still that it has a unique patterned Disco Ball hosel and is TIG Welded. But the feature that was being tested here as a true prototype was the TMG-20 thread mill groove pattern. I hand stamped the face to note it (and keep track from the other pitches being prototyped and tested. You can tell the grooves are different from the production models as the bottom (and outside edges) are a "v" shape vs. a V with a flat bottom as they are now (to better fit within the USGA / R&A rule limits for the width and depth of grooves for putters).

[attachment=2655445:MP_M10_TMG-20_PT#1_dbl-stamped_15sf.jpg]
[attachment=2655453:MP_M10_TMG-20_PT#1_triple-stamped_15f.jpg]

The same rules apply for Tour putters for us - we only mark with Tour or the lower case t when we actually send out on Tour. We've got a new (old to us, haha) friend and Tour rep for 2015 and I'm excited that we'll be sending more putters on tour again to chase lighting in a bottle.

Should be fun!

-Dave

Very subtle dig there Dave on the [color=#282828]M8 First Run Adjuster Prototype explanation. Definitely extreme.[/color]

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

My putter is almost done!

16158990904_9ea2f20190_b.jpg

The business side...

16593923180_c94af0bd4b_o.jpg

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*