07 Burner TP Reshaft or 905R

thlongball

and I'm a Titleist Guy....!
Picked up a Burner TP w/65 X but it's not the GD rather a Fuji stock shaft...? I've hit this head many times on simulator's etc... and think it's got a ton of potential and forgiving all over the face... However on the course this shaft is not working for me....Saying that I've always been a Titleist guy and always liked the 905R just never found the right setup.....

Here's the dilemna... cut bait with the TP since it's now depriciating fast or drop a reshaft in it...? I have a blueboard 73x and aldila cinammon lying around that would probably work great.... I like the looks/feel of the 905R better but think the TP is probably just as long with the right shaft and definitely more forgiving...

If I keep the head and reshaft would you go blueboard or cinammon first?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By time you figure out what you want to do, Taylormade will have released 4 more drivers. I would say the Burner is a notch better than the 905R but wasnt enough to make me switch. Its going to be a long wait for the 909's to be released. Something to look forward too anyway.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Just curious, as I have the same Burner TP/shaft combo tha tI'm trying to decide on what to do. My other option is to pickup a Ping G10 PL red and run with that for now. As for the Burner TP I agree the potential is there, or at least seems to be.. the head feels fantastic as far as the "solidness" of it etc. The shaft is weird however... Mine is a 9.5 deg and I was consistently launching it 18 deg or so which is way high for me. I have heard ( hadn't before I got mine) that this head is pretty hi launching and that the shaft we have in it is fairly high launching as well.. I read mixed opinions on how spinny the head is some say mind some say lower a few think it's high... So like you I am wondering what to do. I can at least trade mine in and not loose anything and make the swithch to a G10 ( or anything else for that matter..) They had a 907D2 9.5 deg with a Diamanna 63 for $300, but I don't think that is necessarity a great combo, the 907's still spun quite a bit....

My reshaft thoughts were to put a Wb 73 S in the Burner or a NV 75S, or perhaps a Pershing 75S...

I get the feeling based on the numerous post I've read about the 07' Burner TP (just dropped the bucks on a 9.5* tour issue myself) that this head seems to get along well with lower spinning shafts. For me it's getting loaded with an Ozik F6M2; high launch very low spin is what I'm after with this one. I'm currently gaming a tour issue "Special Edition" Nickent 4DX T9* and freakin loving it but I launch it a hair to low so I'm not sure I'm getting everything out of it. I have high expectations for the burner as I think it's a higher launching head than the Nickent but I would be surprised if it out performed it. I also (god I'm sick; it's an illness I swear!) called in a favor and grabbed a freebie G10 and loaded it with a new PM-702 I had lying around (10.5* will work well with this shaft I think). I sent it straight to Joe Kwok to get the headweight braught up with hotmelt, just got it in today and I must say it feels boobies...44.75'/D3/263cpm's/1* open....nice! Time will tell I guess; hopefully one stands out; keep a backup and dish the rest on the BST to recover the kids college fund before the wife cuts um off!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Unless you are acquiring a new driver in the next few weeks you should try a reshaft on the Burner TP. I have hit the TP head with a Re*aX 75 TP shaft and it felt way better than the stock shafts. I would think the BB 73 could be a good combo.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

I think whiteboard would be my 1st choice in this head but I don't have one lying around... I figured blueboard would be ALOT better than stock shaft... I think this head has SERIOUS potential though.... but I could do without the graphics... Driving is the strength of my game so I've had little trouble with the J33 and it BOMBS.... but on those occasional off days it's not forgiving as we all know... I've played Titleist drivers all the way to the J33 and have liked the 905R just never tried it with a good setup...

The reason I opened this can of worms is b/c I have a trade on the table for a 905R/Whiteboard (which I think would be PRETTY AWESOME COMBO) I don't know if I should cut bait on the TP and go R or just start shaft experimenting.....

You might say why go to R when the 909's are coming in a few months... well it's a sickness.....

Agreed it's a sickness...or is ti a disease? anyway mine gets managed by buget constraints, so thankfully I keep things a bit mroe ounder control... ( ha ha ya right)

Went to the range last night hit this against the Cobra Speed Pro D with the PL Red, and my J33 and a R7 425. If i'm not careful the burner can hit it too high, and while it doesn't appear to fall out of the air "dead" compared to some others, when hit too high it doesn't deliver the goods. When I managed to hit it lower, there were a few where, from what I could see, this may have been noticeably longer. Calling this shaft an "X" flex is strecthing things a bit I think. both the NV 75 S in the 425, and the PL red/Cobra Combo felt stiffer for certain. I'm heavily leaning towards giving a Pershing a go in it. That is a shaft I can afford, from everything I hear its smooth, loads and unloads well, and in a 75g weight should keep the launch and spin a bit more under control. If the Pershing doesn't do it I can drop in an NV 75 to try as well. Some people feel it is basically a "poor mans" whiteboard in some respects... I see the prices on these dropping as well a bit, but I got mine cheap enough for that to nto be a factor for me (yet) - unless the start falling through the floor with the price, heck then I might pick up a 8.5 deg TP one!