2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Speeding Ticket

CMUgol4

This Sux
Just got my first ever speeding ticket yesterday (44 in a 30). Anyone else in Cali have any knowledge of a good way to fight or have experience in getting out of it?

Thanks for any help out there.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm across the country in RI. Here there is a "good driving statute". If you haven't had a speeding ticket in, I forget how long, they just toss it out and you pay $25 court cost. It doesn't go on your driving record. Maybe there is something similar there? FWIW, every time I've showed up at court for a traffic violation, it ends up being a lot less than if I just mailed it in. Driving a truck is part of my job so it's pretty much inevitiable I get pulled over once in a while.

Well, thanks for the moral lesson.

I was caught in a speed trap (the limit drops sharply from 45 to 30). I'm more concerned with my insurance than anything else. I'm willing to fight that it's a little unfair given the location and I was in the process of slowing down.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

I don't think this will affect your insurance if it's your first ticket. Have you tried calling your insurance co? After my last speeding ticket, I remember taking an online traffic school to prevent my rates to go up.

You really should check with your agent though. Otherwise, appear in court and hope that the officer is not there--then case dismiss.

Here in Canada you can also cut a deal with the crown to pay the fine but wipe the demerits.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

1) You have the option to go to traffic school and the ticket will never get to you DMV record.

2) 1 ticket for a moving violation speeding, red light, etc.. will make your insurrance go up for 3 years.

3) There are lawyers that specialize in this kind of thing, normally you give the $200.00 and the ticket and the make it disapear.

If you can get it removed make the effort, I had a ticket 3 years ago cost me $700+ to my inssurance over 3 years.

Whatever you do do not call your ins company and tell them you got a ticket, or ask what your rate will be if you got that ticket, Being an ins agent I will let you know most ins companys do not check driving records while you have an active policy unless you have an accident and file a claim or request an sr22 (Ins filling with state dmv). As far as the ticket goes you can see if they offer a defensive driving school in lieu of the ticket going on your record

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well, thanks for the moral lesson.

I was caught in a speed trap (the limit drops sharply from 45 to 30). I'm more concerned with my insurance than anything else. I'm willing to fight that it's a little unfair given the location and I was in the process of slowing down.

Hang in there man... but get it taken care of. I would pay what you needed to pay up front to get rid of it.

I was pulled over and ticketed in Washington by a Fish and Game officer for going 77 on I-5 (with my hunting dog in the back no less). I eventually had the ticket deferred -- where I paid the fine and the ticket didn't go on my driving record, as long as I didn't have a moving violation for 12 months or something.

I know how it feels to get screwed. Just get it fixed the right way... anyway you have to.

at least it wasn't a $300 plus ticket (97 in a 75, my first) or a 107 in a 75 my last one on honeymoon driving north to get away from traffic leaving beacuase of a tropical storm in S. FLA

Thats what growing up in a racing family will get you, speeding tickets. oh wait i was just being dumb :clapping:

before getting married i think my lowest ticket was 22 mph over. glade my car was not empounded, i think it was beause of being military.

at one time was paying over $3600 a year on Insurance.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

my worst speeding ticket, went to the club one night ended up dropping about 300$ with 3 seperate tabs, darn waitresses just kept coming up and asking me to pay! was in no shape to get home so ended up spending the night at the hotel= 150$, got 4 hours sleep and headed straight to work along the way getting pulled over going 120 in a 90 zone (canada =kmh) lol, 150$ speeding plus 110$ for not having my "N" on the car = total $710.

having to work the rest of the day... priceless.

not sure what the process is like down there but up here if you dispute the allegations when the court date comes around you can just pray that the officer doesnt show, even though now they DO get paid to show up. another method is to reschedule the court date repeatedly and hope they finally get fed up and drop the charges, lol.

Thanks for all the help...definitely will do the traffic school to keep my insurance rates downa dn take care of the points.

Get a list of ONLINE traffic schools that the county accepts. You can speed past the readingand take the tests as many times as you want. You'll be done in just over an hour.

I just got a ticket for not having my wheels pointed to the curb on a hill over 3% grade in downtown San Francisco. $35. What a pathetic law.

Thanks for all the help...definitely will do the traffic school to keep my insurance rates downa dn take care of the points.

Get a list of ONLINE traffic schools that the county accepts. You can speed past the readingand take the tests as many times as you want. You'll be done in just over an hour.

I just got a ticket for not having my wheels pointed to the curb on a hill over 3% grade in downtown San Francisco. $35. What a pathetic law.

:clapping:

I wonder how many times I've skirted that law...

That's crazy (but somewhat understandable), but at least it wasn't a moving violation -- it should have no bearing on your insurance or anything, right?

Sorry guy... if you are privileged to drive then you know the consequences of speeding. You were doing almost 15 mph over the limit. I've had my share of speeding tickets and I didn't question them--- that's because I knew i did something wrong and got caught for it.

remind me never to invite this guy to a party.

at least it wasn't a $300 plus ticket (97 in a 75, my first) or a 107 in a 75 my last one on honeymoon driving north to get away from traffic leaving beacuase of a tropical storm in S. FLA...

it ends up being about 300 for the ticket fine and traffic school. it sucks, but it's a good lesson to learn. Speed trap or not you should have slown down once you saw the sign for the new speed limit.

• 2 weeks later...

You DO NOT need a lawyer to get out of a speeding ticket.

1. NEVER admit guilt after being pulled over, ALWAYS say, "I wasn't speeding" and hold to it. Any self admission of guilt is admissable in court. If you admitted guilt, you'll have to wait until next time around. You do not have to answer any questions, just play dumb and be POLITE. you will want the officer to not be able to remember you that well.

2. Go to court and plead NOT guilty, also waive your right to a speedy trial (the longer you postpone it the better odds the cop forgets and or fails to show for the court date).

3. After pleading not guilty at 1st court date you MUST file a REQUEST for DISCOVERY. Submitted officially in many copies at the courthouse. Your mission here is two fold:

a. Make the prosecutor do more work in order to get their $80 speeding ticket. They WON'T.

b. Puts the prosecutor on the spot to possibly violate your Constitutional rights. When he/she fails to provide you with information pertinent to the defense of your case, he has violated your Constitutional Rights!

The request can include ANY TYPE of pertinent information related to the alleged crime. The more the better, just make sure it is relevant to your defense.

Previous physical of arresting officer

all maintenance records of police car

all maintenance records and calibration of radar unit

copies sof all tickets written by said officer past 6 months

training certification on use of radar equipment

vision screening of arresting officer

had the officer been working a double shift...

you get the idea, etc...

I guarantee that no one in an over worked prosecutor's office is gonna do $1000+ of work to win a conviction on an $80 speeding ticket.

4. The next time you go to court you can:

a. Ask for a dismissal because the officer is not present for court (if he is not, that is)

b. Ask for a dismissal because the prosecutor failed to honor your RFD, (and he will not honor it).

c. Call the prosecutor and ask him to drop the speeding charges in exchange for a NON MOVING violation, this works very well, and they may even call you first. Once they see the RFD, they will usually agree to this. Why? because they just want their money, which is why they write BS tickets int he first place.

d. Judges are NOT going to clog up the courts and grant continuances for speeding ticket cases.

e. My bet is that the judge will admonish the asst. prosecutor for being unprepared for court by not providing you with discovery items to assist in your defense, which is your RIGHT! He'll dismiss your speeding case before he continues it.

5. When he learns that John Q. Citizen knows how the system works he/she will be upset at you you WILL piss off the prosecutor, (this is fact) but you will get out of the speeding ticket, which is what you want in the end. I have gotten out of the last 4 this way. 1 scot free, the others I pled down to not wearing a seatbelt, which does not affect your car insurance. I dont mind paying the ticket, it is the higher car insurance rates that SUCK.

6. All you are doing is simply betting that they will not do $1000 worth of work for an $80 ticket. In fact, it is your right to do so, and the burden of proof is on THEM to prove you were speeding.

There are a few other variables involved, PM me for more information.

For this to work, you'll need to be able to go to court and waste some of your time, but it is worth it. Not sure if this would work if you were going like 125 in a 55, but for general speeding tickets IT WORKS.

PS: Dont use this strategy in Kangaroo Court (Mayor's Court) simply request a trial at the county courthouse, then use it! Dont waste your time in Mayor's Court, unless of course they allow you to plead down to a non-moving violation.

Good Luck!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Sorry guy... if you are privileged to drive then you know the consequences of speeding. You were doing almost 15 mph over the limit. I've had my share of speeding tickets and I didn't question them--- that's because I knew i did something wrong and got caught for it.

Why? Because he got caught breaking the law? I'm no saint, I occasionally have the dreaded led foot and if I get caught then I suck it up take responsibility for it? Enlighten me? :swoon2:

Why? Because he got caught breaking the law? I'm no saint, I occasionally have the dreaded led foot and if I get caught then I suck it up take responsibility for it? Enlighten me? :swoon2:

It's like raining on a parade...

The OP is looking for advice and you come in and tell him he deserves it. Probably better to hold your tongue there, that is... unless you're judge and jury (literally) in the OP's jurisdiction.

Try getting a ticket for 162 in a 60 :clapping:

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

Were you hit by radar or laser, should say on the ticket. Also were there other cars around you @ the time, this will make a big difference if you were around other cars and hit by radar.

Get yourself a valentine V1 radar detector and a laser/lidar jammer!

A radar detector is a must in CA, but as far as I know, laser jammers are illegal in CA.

Were you hit by radar or laser, should say on the ticket. Also were there other cars around you @ the time, this will make a big difference if you were around other cars and hit by radar.

Get yourself a valentine V1 radar detector and a laser/lidar jammer!

A radar detector is a must in CA, but as far as I know, laser jammers are illegal in CA.

Yeah there are a few states where laser jammers are illegal. You can still add countermeasures to your vehicle that will make police laser guns less effective (shorten their effective range).

http://www.guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html

Laser pro park laser jammer in action:

Bend o the river

that scheme sounds fantastic!

Not a scheme, just using the system to your advantage. IT WORKS!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

iv had 2 huge ones

129 in an 80 and 124 in an 80

in canada you make a appointment with the crown, talk to him

they usually knock it down as much as they can

went from 400$ a piece to $260 and less points

15 over in canada they toss it out

another thing i hear that works is pay the ticket via cheque in the mail, but pay it by 2$ more or so

they will reimburse you with a cheque of the amount you over paid

now you take that cheque and throw it out and DO NOT CASH IT

apparently it doesnt go into their records until the cheque has been cashed

the thrid thing i have herd is just take it to court if you have time and hope the cop doesnt show up

most of the time they dont for small tickets

AND if the ticket was written in pencil it is void and is throw out so maybe check that too