2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

[quote name='OzzDOA' date='06 April 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1270563122' post='2363428']
[quote name='Jeff Evans' date='06 April 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1270562299' post='2363412']
Check your ball location it might be a bit to far back in your swing arc.
[/quote]

Jeff,

I play my short irons (8 and 9) and wedges in the center of my stance, in line with my fly. Mid irons (5,6 and 7) one ball forward of my short irons and my long irons/fairway woods are played one ball forward of the mid iron position. I'm a bit reluctant to move my ball position forward any more since my primary mis-hit is a chunk. Do you think that moving my ball positions forward just fractionally will help but still allow for ball-first contact?
[/quote]

I read that you are using the standard ball locations which is fine however if you make a slight adjustment and move the ball slightly forward in half ball increments you might find this helps.

[quote name='Jeff Evans' date='06 April 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1270577633' post='2363933']

I read that you are using the standard ball locations which is fine however if you make a slight adjustment and move the ball slightly forward in half ball increments you might find this helps.

[/quote]

Okay, thanks Jeff. I'll give that it a try in my next practice sessions.

Cram it with walnuts!

[quote name='OzzDOA' date='06 April 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1270581648' post='2364075']
[quote name='Jeff Evans' date='06 April 2010 - 02:13 PM' timestamp='1270577633' post='2363933']

[/quote]

Okay, thanks Jeff. I'll give that it a try in my next practice sessions.
[/quote]

Keep us posted.

great training aid, i recieved my second order of them a few weeks ago as spares in case i bring a different bag to the range.

I will say that recently i have been using it again and was having a hard time holding the pbs in place and after a bucket of balls that the reason for this was because my head was sliding back and sliding forward and causing toe hits and hitting it slighly high on the face. Once i kept my head still i started striping the ball again....Fantastic Aid!

Driver: PXG Black Ops TenseiAV Raw White 65x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: Srixon MKII 18* MMT 105x
Irons: Srixon Zx7 MKII Project X 6.5
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Throw the PBS on and hit a whole bunch of chip shots to ingrain that pressure feeling. Work on building your swing from impact (chip shots), and slowly work up to longer swings. The thing is just plain amazing at helping you feel that pressure. When I got it and went straight to full shots it didn't "work" because I still had the exact same casting issue. I had to learn that feeling. I hit the range almost daily and am still not up to constant full swings. I'm trying not to rush, plus my accuracy is getting really good hitting that half to 3/4 swing and just clubbing up a bit.

[quote name='MrHan' date='12 April 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1271081645' post='2374992']
Hey Mr. Evans, I'm planning on ordering one, but the thing is I live right in Duluth and would rather drive down a pick one up and have it the same day. Is that possible?

I haven't read all 45 pages of posts so I'm not sure if this was brought up before.

Thanks,
Han.
[/quote]

Han,
Just returned from Naples give me a call and we will hook up!
Jeff Evans

[size="2"][size="2"]Golf School in the Desert

Hi I will be doing a golf school in Palm Desert, CA.

Golfwrx viewers are invited to attend.

The dates are Friday April 30, 2010 through Sunday May 2, 2010

AGENDA
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM April 30th Meet and Greet Location [b]TBA[/b]

8:00 AM - 4:00 PM May 1st Golf Stroke 101 Location [b]College Golf Center[/b]

8:00 AM - 4:00 PM May 2nd Golf Stroke 102 Location [b]College Golf Center[/b]
[b]
[/b]
This school includes: The Pure Ball Striker Instructional Manual, the Pure Ball Striker training device and new PBS Alignment Stix.

Investment: $497.00 Total
[b]
[/b]
[b]College Golf Center[/b]
[b][font="verdana, Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]73450 Fred Waring Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260[/size][/b]

[size="2"]If interested contact me at [email protected] or just PM me here.[/size][/size][/size][/font]

Jeff--
I submitted an order on Tuesday afternoon. Will I get a notification when it ships, or should I just assume it's on it's way now/soon?

Thanks!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I did not recieve shipping confirmation. When I asked Jeff if it was sent because I was getting anxious he informed me it was. It was actually shipped two days after I paid so it is safe to assume it is on its way. Have mine in the back pockett of my suit cant wait to get through the work day so I can hit the range and test it out.

Excellent! Thanks!

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Got to practice with this on Thursday and it was amazing I never really felt pure lag before using this product. I found doing punch shots with a loose grip really helped me get the feeling as the pressure on my knuckle went from weak at setup to mounting during my backswing and then a ton of pressure on my downswing right through impact. It also helped me feel where my hands were. This an amazing product and something every golfer should get unfortunately it is difficult to explain and the instructions are pointless (sorry Jeff if I could provide better instructions I would but it just very difficult to describe a feeling).

While at the range I alternated shots and it was so easy to feel the lag even when I took the PBS off and my irons were way straighter and half a club longer. Had my best 9 of the year (I am playing 18 today and if I have time I will update this review)

The one issue I had is that while I was compressing my driver you could actually see all of the dimples leaving a mark on the the center of my taylor made I was losing 20-30 yards with it and it was flying high (which is normal but with the irons my shots were flying lower than usual). Is there anything you can suggest in terms of ball position and tee height Jeff. With my irons I feel i am putting my knuckle (PP3) about two inches up and to the right (outside of the ball). I am striving for the same feeling with the driver?

To be fair I did due much work at all with the PBS with my driver and will update if I have more success my drives were straighter as through my knuckle pressure I could feel exactly where my hands were.

OVERALL: Spend the $20 (yes all you get is a piece of plastic that is clearly worth $5 at most) but the lesson it gives you is worth hundreds of dollars really making it a great value.

[quote name='Jeff Evans' date='06 April 2010 - 06:55 AM' timestamp='1270562123' post='2363406']
[quote name='madcityscott' date='05 April 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1270482664' post='2361650']
[quote name='numbersguy54' date='05 April 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1270473162' post='2361365']
Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeff for his great customer service. Had bought a PBS last year, had some good results with it (and of course decided to stop working with it - go figure), and when i saw Jeff was now promoting that he was including a DVD with new purchases, contacted him about getting one so i could once again continue working with the PBS. Jeff was helpful, and only wanted the additional shipping cost to get me the DVD. I just received the package last week, and not only did i receive the DVD but another PBS. Way to exceed expectations Jeff - truly a class act.
[/quote]

I wish I could agree with the great customer service. My experience:

2/17: Ordered the PBS.
3/02: Inquired as to status, was told it had shipped that day.
3/16: Sent an email saying I hadn't received it yet and wondering if there was a tracking number. No response.
4/02: Sent another email saying while I'd rather have the PBS, I expect a refund if I'm not going to receive it. No response yet.

I know he's not a full-time "etailer", but this is one of the worst internet purchasing experiences I've ever had. It's annoying because it sounds like a great training aid and I know I could benefit from it.

--Scott
[/quote]

Hey Scott,

Thanks for posting I'm not sure what might of happen with your order but we will take care of this issue for you!

Thanks,
Jeff
[/quote]

I just wanted to tell everyone that Jeff did re-send the order, AND he refunded my shipping charges. I can't wait to try out the PBS. Thanks, Jeff!

I've now been using my PBS for around 2 months, let me give you an update as to my game and a recent convert. I played my fourth round with a society type arrangement yesterday, on my first round with them some 10 weeks ago i was playing off of 18 handicap and scored 21 measly points, basically the worst there. They spared my blushes by not mentioning the score to the rest of the members! Anyway, the next week i recieved my PBS and i started to work in earnest. I have had no lessons since, i have practised alot, with use of the PBS now only being for warm up to get the feeling of clubface monitoring and lag. Yesterday, off of 14 handicap I shot a Stableford round of 33 points, i was one of only three guys (out of 28) to shot over 30, the reason, the PBS. This thing has transformed my game, i've added big chunks of distance from the tee, my iron shots are crisp, i can feel the different types of release when trying to shape the ball, even with flop shots you can feel your hand releasing the club correctly. This is all now pre programmed on the range beforehand hitting 10 maybe 15 balls using the PBS then carrying the feeling out onto the course. After the round we were having dinner when i started telling the guy next to me about the PBS, he looked at me as if i was mad, i then told him i had it in my golf bag, we went to the range, 2 buckets of balls, he couldn't believe the difference with one ball! He plays off of 4.6 so is a tidy golfer. We stood there and hit pure ball after pure ball. He struggles with 4 iron's off the deck, he used the PBS, thwack, soaring off into the distance. I think he was rushing home to order one last night! The best bit of the range session was that i was hitting the ball just as well as him so my game is in good shape!

[quote name='the_rising' date='26 April 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1272302446' post='2401693']
Has anyone received a PBStriker in the past 2 weeks?

My 11Apr still hasn't arrived (perhaps not even shipped as I haven't seen any emails noting as such) and I can't seem to get in touch w/ anyone at PBStirker.com (or Jeff on this forum).

I'm getting worried my order has been lost/misplaced.

[/quote]
Same story here. Placed my order on 4/13, and have not received a package or shipping info. Hopefully all is ok with Jeff. He had posted earlier in the thread that orders would be going out on 4/15.

[quote name='the_rising' date='23 April 2010 - 10:41 AM' timestamp='1272033693' post='2396264']
Jeff -

I ordered on Masters Sunday (BOGO) and have not received a shipment email (nor, obviously, the product).

I also sent an email earlier in the week and have not heard back.

Any ideas on outstanding orders?

Thanks.

[/quote]

+ 1

Worked with the PBS for a second time. However today was pretty disheartening. I was suffering from sever pushes to the right for every club. Whenever I looked at the PBS it moved and partly rolled under. Looking for insight? Is my aiming point off. At the start of the year my irons were solid and straight. Now I can't hit one for the life of me. Can anyone help?