2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

[quote name='the_rising' date='27 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1272418647' post='2405221']
Has anyone who's had order issues since the Masters BOGO special received any updates?

At this point I've called, left voicemails, and sent emails (to both Jeff and Kenny) with no luck....not to mention posting on here.

?
[/quote]

Still nothing. Even a, "We don't have any right now and we're trying to figure out when we'll have more," would be appreciated. No information at all is not good.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='Tiger Jr.' date='28 April 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1272465652' post='2406016']
[quote name='the_rising' date='27 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1272418647' post='2405221']
Has anyone who's had order issues since the Masters BOGO special received any updates?

At this point I've called, left voicemails, and sent emails (to both Jeff and Kenny) with no luck....not to mention posting on here.

?
[/quote]

Still nothing. Even a, "We don't have any right now and we're trying to figure out when we'll have more," would be appreciated. No information at all is not good.
[/quote]

aw crap I just ordered mine before reading this last page. So they aren't shipping atm???

Jeff's in CA right now. I think he'll be home not too long after the clinic this weekend, assuming he's coming straight home. I don't know if he has anyone shipping orders for him while he's gone. Being a one man show can kind of throw a kink in things when you have to go across the country every now and then - I'm sure he'll get you guys straightened out as soon as he can.

I've used my PBS 4 times and I can accurately report that after 4 or 5 nice solid shots, for the rest of that practice session, I shank almost every single shot I take. With or without the PBS. I've even hit some hosel rockets on the BACK of the hosel.

However, the next range session and several rounds afterwards... I'll hit some of the crispiest, most solid irons ever. I don't get it. I don't know if I should get it though... because I swallow a bucket of balls, 50 shanks and an hour of frustration and then proceed to flat-out murder my irons for the next week... dollar-bill divots and wads of turf stuck in the center of the club face.

Anyone else Shankapotomus'ing with this tool?

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Is it OK to order, or should one wait?

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

[quote name='BrandonM7' date='29 April 2010 - 05:13 AM' timestamp='1272543225' post='2407786']
Jeff's in CA right now. I think he'll be home not too long after the clinic this weekend, assuming he's coming straight home. I don't know if he has anyone shipping orders for him while he's gone. Being a one man show can kind of throw a kink in things when you have to go across the country every now and then - I'm sure he'll get you guys straightened out as soon as he can.
[/quote]

Alright thanks for the update.

[quote name='DON SVO' date='29 April 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1272556650' post='2408103']
I've used my PBS 4 times and I can accurately report that after 4 or 5 nice solid shots, for the rest of that practice session, I shank almost every single shot I take. With or without the PBS. I've even hit some hosel rockets on the BACK of the hosel.

However, the next range session and several rounds afterwards... I'll hit some of the crispiest, most solid irons ever. I don't get it. I don't know if I should get it though... because I swallow a bucket of balls, 50 shanks and an hour of frustration and then proceed to flat-out murder my irons for the next week... dollar-bill divots and wads of turf stuck in the center of the club face.

Anyone else Shankapotomus'ing with this tool?
[/quote]

Not with it on. I've had several range sessions using it where the lag makes the clubhead compress the ball which in turn launches the ball nice and straight. In the past for a while, after I took off the PBS I then had the shanks.

Yesterday I had a short range session (35 balls), hit 25 with the PBS and the final 10 without. The 10 balls without felt exactly the same as with it on, for me I think the key is using it for one club to groove the swing exactly the way you want. I've been using PW and it seems to help. If you have good tempo and keep your club on the right plane, you should see a marked improvement in lag and that should lead to longer shots.

Just received mine today. Cant wait to get out and try it, Thanks Jeffhi.gif

Also received mine today! I actually received two, which wasn't necessary, but thanks a lot, Jeff. Can't wait to get out to the range to give it a try!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

this is a helpful little gadget. i've been working with it while pitching and my contact has improved quite a bit. i don't subscribe to the accumulators and extensors and lines and power point presentations -- i just put it on the club and started using it.

next BOGO i'm going to pick up several as gifts. for the guys i don't play for money.

here is a tip for new users: be careful about trying it with the full swing on a crowded range -- if you let up on your grip it might fly downrange and you either eat the $20 or wave the white flag and while everyone stops and stares you run out to retrieve it.

don't ask me how i know.:D

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Sneil' date='28 April 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1272509367' post='2407335']
[quote name='Tiger Jr.' date='28 April 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1272465652' post='2406016']

?
[/quote]

[/quote]

aw crap I just ordered mine before reading this last page. So they aren't shipping atm???
[/quote]
Quoting myself to emphasize the date I posted as I still haven't received mine in the mail... :(

I finally received mine yesterday. I ordered mine of March 14, 2010. I just tried it today for a few times. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing with it. I hit a few balls with it, but not sure what I'm suppose to be feeling...

Without reading this entire thread, can somebody put it very concisely and any drills I should be doing with it? Thanks.

[quote name='ktkn' date='18 May 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1274165913' post='2449566']
I finally received mine yesterday. I ordered mine of March 14, 2010. I just tried it today for a few times. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing with it. I hit a few balls with it, but not sure what I'm suppose to be feeling...

Without reading this entire thread, can somebody put it very concisely and any drills I should be doing with it? Thanks.
[/quote]

i just attached it as instructed, and started hitting chips with it. then moved on to short pitch shots, then longer pitch shots.

not sure if that is correct, but has helped me.

The point is to make sure you are applying a steady "lag pressure" on the device. Basically from what I understand it amplifies the feeling you should be getting on the forefinger of your bottom hand as you apply a steady pressure on this point throughout your swing. If you are not experiencing a consistent pressure during your swing to the point of contact with the ball, you need to make it so you are. Someone correct me if that's right or if I'm out to lunch...

here is a tip for new users: be careful about trying it with the full swing on a crowded range -- if you let up on your grip it might fly downrange and you either eat the $20 or wave the white flag and while everyone stops and stares you run out to retrieve it.

don't ask me how i know.biggrin.gif

Yep, just did this today. I knew that I didn't hold my lag very well. PBS flew down the range and I had to nonchalantly go pick it up...4 different times.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='tm3' date='18 May 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1274233747' post='2451776']
[quote name='ktkn' date='18 May 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1274165913' post='2449566']

[/quote]

i just attached it as instructed, and started hitting chips with it. then moved on to short pitch shots, then longer pitch shots.

not sure if that is correct, but has helped me.
[/quote]

tm3 has it correct. Over time you sense the lag pressure and the ball will come off the clubface much better with less effort. As Jeff has pointed out, you have to feel it and not force it.

Last week after hitting a bucket with the PBS on and off, I played 18 holes. I hit some of the best hybrid shots of my life along with the fact that I hit 7-iron 160 and on the 17th hole hit a 138-yard PW (normally 110).

It's not a quick fix; however, if you put time in using the PBS to improve your grip and stance then you will see results.

don't ask me how i know.biggrin.gif

Yep, just did this today. I knew that I didn't hold my lag very well. PBS flew down the range and I had to nonchalantly go pick it up...4 different times.

Wait until you've used it a lot, it gets even better. Mine won't stay on the club on its own at all due to use - it's much better that way, because there's no possible way you can "cheat" it when you're having to hold it in place the entire swing. It flies a hell of a lot farther when you mess up, though :clapping:

i have sent about 4 emails in the last 3 months regarding my order but i have not heard back from the guys.

i also pm's jeff and Mr B about my orders and havent heard back. i really wanted to try this out but feel i have done enough
chasing. i am sure its a great product but at this point il never know.

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

Is this the same training aid that has the funny face? If so, I think it was invented by a guy in my home town Bend, OR?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

[quote name='Jeff Evans' date='06 April 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1270577688' post='2363935']
[quote name='ryandb1' date='06 April 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1270569464' post='2363644']
When will there be another BOGO offer? Thanks!
[/quote]

Not sure when we will do the next BOGO offer possible in May.
[/quote]

Any chance this will happen?

Just caught this thread for the first time, would love to try this, but figured I'd wait for the bogo if it happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just received my PBS and will try to answer the questions I had prior to my purchase. Firstly it took about one full month from my Paypal purchase until I got it up here in Canada. It seems most folks get antsy when they don't have it in a week or two. I'm not sure why it took a full month , but it did.

Secondly I can fully understand all the questions people had since I had them too. Questions like "How does it work?" and most importantly "What am I supposed to feel when using it?" Here's my best stab at explaining how it works (and it DOES work)....Imagine having a tiny pebble in your hiking boot as you are walking along. This pebble is a bit uncomfortable on a specific part of your heel as you walk. After 100 yards or so of walking with the small pebble pressing uncomfortably into a very specific part of your heel, you finally are irritated enough to stop, take off your hiking boot and shake out the pebble. You continue walking and now no longer have the irritation of the pebble on that specific part of your heel. HOWEVER YOU CAN EASILY RECALL THE EXACT LOCATION OF WHERE THE PEBBLE WAS APPLYING PRESSURE TO YOUR FOOT, even though the pebble is no longer there.

In the same way the PBS "irritates" your trigger finger pad. When you take it off your club, you just recall the spot that was "irritated" and feel the club pressure on that spot from the top of the swing to impact, in a similar way to recalling where the pebble was pressing into your heel when you were walking.

I had a chance to work with it for only about 30 minutes before my game today. It helped me hit some very excellent iron shots (for me) and surprisingly, helped my putting which I wasn't expecting. I simply tried to recall the spot the PBS applied pressure to on my my "trigger finger pad" and tried to feel the same pressure on that same spot from the top of the backswing to impact, and for putting from the back of the backswing to impact. Its a very simple device, but very effective from what I can see. I have had numerous PGA pro lessons and attended a couple of golf schools, and no instruction to date has been able to duplicate the results that I apparently achieved in only about 30 minutes with the PBS. .