2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

It won't fall off of a midsize grip..... and while falling off is an indication of doing it wrong, not falling off is not necessarily an indication that you're doing it right. I've got a few from back when he actually shipped them and still use them a good bit.

Sick or not, the terrible wait times are crazy. Hire someone to package them for you.

[quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1301408722' post='3099007']
It won't fall off of a midsize grip..... and while falling off is an indication of doing it wrong, not falling off is not necessarily an indication that you're doing it right. I've got a few from back when he actually shipped them and still use them a good bit.

Sick or not, the terrible wait times are crazy. Hire someone to package them for you.
[/quote]

So does it not falling off make it less effective? I mean i can make it so I can feel the pressure, but I'm not sure if it feels as potent as it should.

[quote name='BNich0622' timestamp='1299591354' post='3036345']
Have patience. I ordered mine, took a few months to show up, but when it did there was two of them! I wasn't alerted when the item shipped, but it did show up and I got a second for free.
[/quote]
Cmon man, get real. You can't be serious, can you? :crazy:

I came across this thread tonight after searching for compression tips, and I can promise that I'll never order one of these based on the experiences I've read here. What a nightmare! I'll go for the tinfoil method on page one, and be able to use it TOMORROW on the range!

You guys stuck in limbo might wanna just dispute the charges with you cc comp or file a dispute through PP before it's too late.

I ordered two back in January, got them right away and was happy with the service. If orders now aren't getting filled, could be health issue (unfortunate) or could be financial issue. In any case, waiting weeks for delivery if someone has the money in hand is totally unacceptable. I'd ask for refund and if not forthcoming consider going to consumer protection at AG in state where you sent your money or local authorities. It's one thing to not bill until shipped, sounds like, if posts are accurate, money has been received and processed, which is another thing if no service is being provided.

Just important to make sure it's not a money issue, which would be a problem, if you are satisfied your order is really coming, that's up to you. All I can say is I got mine right away and if I wasn't getting it right away I probably wouldn't be too patient or relying on anonymous folks on the internet telling me to be patient. I'd be wanting an answer directly from the person who accepted my funds and evaluating that answer. No answer is never good.

Let's hope it's something easily explained and resolved.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and after no response, no explanation, no information, ZERO response anywhere, I am going to get my money back through my CC company. Get real PBS. Step up to the freaking plate and let us know what is going on. This is totally unacceptable. Maybe if the lot of us rescinded our orders they might smarten up and let us know what the hell is going on. Pure Ball Striker = FAIL.

Taylormade M2 9.5* @ 7.5* Rogue 110 Silver 60x
Taylormade M2 15* VTS Red 75x
Ping Rapture DI 18* VTS Silver 85x
Ping S55 3-PW PX Flighted 6.0
Ping Glide 52* SS & Glide 58* SS
Ping Anser Milled #6 35"

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1302535855' post='3142099']
Hey Wrx'ers, have any of you heard from Jeff Evans?? I've called him a couple of times and no return calls. Very unlike him. I fear he may not be well?
[/quote]

Same problem here Martin. I'm concerned...

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I called and spoke with Kenny, who's listed as sales on the PBS site. He told me that he would try to get in touch with Jeff to see what's up. He said Jeff was busy and trying to get moved into a 100 year old house for what it's worth. He said he wasn't directly involved with the PBS stuff so couldn't offer an explanation as to what was up with the delayed orders.

I also just spoke with Bruce Bowers, listed as CFO on the site. He said that Jeff was handling the orders and that he would give him a call as well.

We'll see if anyone will get on here to post an update......

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lvphil702' timestamp='1303578624' post='3179328']
Just filed a claim at Pay Pal. This is silly. Over 2 months now.
[/quote]

There's a few people on another site who have done the same, and Pay Pal reimbursed them. According to one poster they advised that Mr Evans was not communicating with Pay Pal after various attempts by the company to resolve the dispute.

[size="3"]I disputed the charges with PayPal. You must dispute the charges within 45 days of payment or tough luck. Thanks to the Jeff Evans butt lickers who said “it took me 2 months to get mine,” “he’s a great guy,” “he must be sick,” “just be patient,” I’m out $21. Could’ve used that towards a round at least.[/size]

[quote name='Dhamu' timestamp='1303782404' post='3185791']
[size="3"]I disputed the charges with PayPal. You must dispute the charges within 45 days of payment or tough luck. Thanks to the Jeff Evans butt lickers who said "it took me 2 months to get mine," "he's a great guy," "he must be sick," "just be patient," I'm out $21. Could've used that towards a round at least.[/size]

[/quote]

Same here. This guy is a thief and should be exposed as one.

I honestly have no earthly idea whats up with Jeff. Ive called him almost 8 times, and he hasnt picked up. Anyone who has talked to him before will tell you that he always answers his phone. Im stumped and concerned :beruo:

Cobra OG ZL/Rombax
TEE XCG-V/Voodoo
Adams 9031/ Pink Matrix
MB/MC/Project X
RAC/MP-T/Vokey
Endless Putters

[quote name='Zeph' timestamp='1303934364' post='3190994']
Very unprofessional from whoever is supposed to deliver the PBS. I'd suggest everyone just don't buy anything from them. Like snafu said, you can easily make one yourself from practice balls or something else.
[/quote]

How would you suggest to make one out of an old golf ball?

[quote name='Heath74' timestamp='1304990971' post='3220522']
[quote name='Zeph' timestamp='1303934364' post='3190994']
Very unprofessional from whoever is supposed to deliver the PBS. I'd suggest everyone just don't buy anything from them. Like snafu said, you can easily make one yourself from practice balls or something else.
[/quote]

How would you suggest to make one out of an old golf ball?
[/quote]

I've seen pictures of homemade PBS'. Cut a golf ball in half. then cut a channel along the new flat edge (through the middle ) big enough to fit on the side of a shaft. (ex, use a dremel)
For an image , imagine if you first drilled a hole through a golf ball with about a 1/2 drill bit. then you cut the ball in half down the middle of the hole you just drilled.

The PBS is a hard rubber material , a real golf ball may be uncomfortable as it's pretty hard so people have suggested softer practice balls instead.

[quote name='jimmies78' timestamp='1305045553' post='3222259']
right then....I'm interested in this product.....but it seem that I'll not be able to buy one

......so lets see pics of homemade ones, detailing tools and methods - the product looks good, just a shame about what is/has happened with supply
[/quote]

Hope I'm allowed to post link to another forum....
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/41747/pure-ball-striker-great-training-aid/216

Scroll the posts on that page above and you'll see pictures using an old golf ball , cat toy, and "almost golf" practice ball.