Pure Ball Striker Training Aid....

logan91201

Glad to finally see this tread...haha....my thread about the PBS a few months ago got locked within 10 minutes...

Jeff,

I don't want you to think I've forgotten to get with you. Just got my money squared away so now I can get with you about that 8 hr. deal you told me about. Kenny-Z said he was going to make sure you knew that I still wanted work with you. Let me know when your coming out to Jonesco again.

-Stephen

Stephen,

I have been on and off the PGA Tour for weeks now and I'm the new GM/Pro at Oak Haven Golf Club in Macon, GA. I think you will have to come and see me now I am cover up/busy with running a club and teaching. However, would love to see you soon. You have great skills to become a player.

I played 4 holes tonight after a 7 month layoff with bursitis (shoulder tendonitis) in my left shoulder. I've been hitting wedges into a net for probably the last month or so to gradually get me back into hitting balls again.

I've been working with the PBS for a week or so since I received it last week. Now I now it's been wet here in the UK for the past week or so, and I've not played on the course for 7 months, but in the 4 holes I played tonight (sometimes 2 or 3 balls per hole as the course was quiet) :cheesy: I have NEVER, and I repeat NEVER taken divots like I did tonight !! They were huge ;) I wasn't catching the ball heavy and my ball strikes were great considering my layoff. I'm not a great spin player but I hit gap wedge into 2 and spun it back 6 feet!!

Would this be anything to do with the PBS? Surely in the short time I've worked with it it can't have such an effect?

The Pure Ball Striker will help you sense your motion better and allows the player to direct their hands more effectively.

Used mine for the first time at the range today. Very cool little tool. I could definitely see and feel a difference when it was on there and after removing it. Looking forward to working with it more!

Thanks for the post, when you remove the Pure Ball Striker your Trigger Finger will search to for the feel of Lag pressure instinctively. Keep us posted!

Used mine for the first time at the range today. Very cool little tool. I could definitely see and feel a difference when it was on there and after removing it. Looking forward to working with it more!

Thanks for the post, when you remove the Pure Ball Striker your Trigger Finger will search to for the feel of Lag pressure instinctively. Keep us posted!

Yes. Once you get the feeling with the PBS you almost don't need it because you search for that feeling immediately and work your hardest to create it. With that said I still use the PBS everyday because the feeling is enhanced and I see and feel my lag pressure get better everyday because of it.

I received my PBS about two weeks ago and had it long enough to know what questions I needed to ask. I called Jeff today and left a message. He called me back in just a short time and must have spent 20-30 minutes answering my questions. At no time did he seem to want to rush me and get back to doing what surely must have been more important matters. It is obvious that he truly loves sharing his knowledge and educating golfers of all abilities.

Some things that he talked about was the feel that you strive for with the PBS. He also discussed the aim point for the hands and ball positioning. We discussed the Stack and Tilt system and found out that he has experience with the S&T guys and has picked up more on that system than I could have guessed. He gave me some good suggestions to help with my backswing body tilt.

I went out to my practive area with a 7 iron and PBS and tried to put to use what we had talked about. I discovered that the aim point (left big toe) with my PBS really helped and actually gave me a nice soft draw. Jeff is the real deal!! Thanks, bigtime.

I have been working with it some, but have been very busy at work. Anyway I am starting to feel it more and more, however I am hitting many shots to the left, a much purer strike but either a pull or a hard draw with the irons, not so much withe the driver or woods. Played 18 2 days ago and hit my driver very straight, hit a lot of pure irons, but struggled hitting greens, fore left! all day long.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Jeff,

would like your help in understanding the following sentence from your instruction manual

"With extensor action through the trigger finger pressure stretch the club to the top of the motion"

Power Package (Continued)

Power Accumulator #1

It is number one because it is the most used and not because it is the best.

Power Accumulator #1 is the bending the straightening of the Right Elbow to maintain the length of the Left Arm and side #1 of the Triangle Assembly. The Left Arm acts like a checkrein/leash and restrains the Extensor Action of the Right Triceps.

The Right Arm can only be straightened as the Left Arm moves away from the Right Shoulder.

Extensor Action is the steady effort to straighten the bent Right Arm. This Extensor Action stretches and produces structure for the Left Arm. In addition this promotes:

1) Full extension of the Left Arm at all times.

2) Full extension of the Right Arm for the Follow-through

3) Correct rate of clubhead closure

4) Proper type of support for passive Clubhead Lag Pressure involving wristcock.

Hi greyguy / Jeff,

Just a quick question so i understand the reference to the aiming point & "left big toe" do you mean direct your hands to a point in front of ball level in with your left big toe but on the target/plane line or literally at your left big toe?

Thanks, BG

Sorry if this is vage but it is truly the players choice experiment with it a little and let us know what you find out!

gallery_51878_478_7889.jpg

No thats great Jeff - I can see how that would be the case and it would vary from golfer to golfer. Let me add my name to those who have praised what the PBS can do. Took me 24-48 hours to understand what the feelings it emphasised were telling me and then once you work it out its kind of addictive when your using it on the club or not.

Many thanks, Graham

Hi greyguy / Jeff,

Just a quick question so i understand the reference to the aiming point & "left big toe" do you mean direct your hands to a point in front of ball level in with your left big toe but on the target/plane line or literally at your left big toe?

Thanks, BG

Like Jeff said it is for each player to figure it out. With that said I always thought it meant a point even with the big toe on the swing arc/target line. I look at a point in front of the ball even with my toe and then deliver as much lag pressure as I possibly can to that point. Hope that helps!

No thats great Jeff - I can see how that would be the case and it would vary from golfer to golfer. Let me add my name to those who have praised what the PBS can do. Took me 24-48 hours to understand what the feelings it emphasised were telling me and then once you work it out its kind of addictive when your using it on the club or not.

Many thanks, Graham

That is a very short time in golf. Took me probably a week or so to really really get it. I didn't understand the concept of aiming point untill then. I think you will find that in two weeks you will still be learning things about the feeling of lag pressure and pp#3 and how they affect all aspects of your golf swing. Like Jeff said, "Lag Pressure is the key to all golfing motions". Congrats, I'm glad it is working for you.

I agree with Logan91201 that PBS affects "all aspects of your golf swing". I think a lot of the value in the PBS is that it teaches you to get into AND maintain the proper angles for setup, backswing, transition and downswing such that you can feel how to hold the Lag Pressure through impact. If you have never felt Lag Pressure before it's most likely because your angles in these key areas either are not properly established at address and/or these angles are changing (for the worse) during your swing (e.g. casting instead of holding the bent right wrist through impact). If you don't take the club back and set it properly in the backswing/transition then hold that basic angle through impact via a proper pivot it will be hard to understand the benefit of the PBS.

I spoke with Jeff about this. I think it really needs to be made clear, especially to higher handicap golfers that don't know lag. If you aren't feeling the benefit of the PBS, you probably have other issues to address in your swing. Another poster mentioned this earlier in this thread. He said something to the effect of using the PBS caused him to make changes to his backswing to feel the PBS. This is key if you are not "getting it".

If you aren't feeling the PBS right from the get go, you need to work on these areas (setup angles, weight distribution, proper pivot, right wrist angle through impact) of your swing and the benefits will become more clear as you play. Depending upon how far "off" you are, will determine how much time and work you need in these areas to get the value of the PBS.

Overall, the PBS teaches a great key to the golf swing in maintaining Lag Pressure, but it builds on other key fundamentals (grip, setup, posture, pivot, etc). It's sorta like learning math. If you don't know how to do the basics like add/subtract you probably won't get advanced algebra.

I agree with Logan91201 that PBS affects "all aspects of your golf swing". I think a lot of the value in the PBS is that it teaches you to get into AND maintain the proper angles for setup, backswing, transition and downswing such that you can feel how to hold the Lag Pressure through impact. If you have never felt Lag Pressure before it's most likely because your angles in these key areas either are not properly established at address and/or these angles are changing (for the worse) during your swing (e.g. casting instead of holding the bent right wrist through impact). If you don't take the club back and set it properly in the backswing/transition then hold that basic angle through impact via a proper pivot it will be hard to understand the benefit of the PBS.

I spoke with Jeff about this. I think it really needs to be made clear, especially to higher handicap golfers that don't know lag. If you aren't feeling the benefit of the PBS, you probably have other issues to address in your swing. Another poster mentioned this earlier in this thread. He said something to the effect of using the PBS caused him to make changes to his backswing to feel the PBS. This is key if you are not "getting it".

If you aren't feeling the PBS right from the get go, you need to work on these areas (setup angles, weight distribution, proper pivot, right wrist angle through impact) of your swing and the benefits will become more clear as you play. Depending upon how far "off" you are, will determine how much time and work you need in these areas to get the value of the PBS.

Overall, the PBS teaches a great key to the golf swing in maintaining Lag Pressure, but it builds on other key fundamentals (grip, setup, posture, pivot, etc). It's sorta like learning math. If you don't know how to do the basics like add/subtract you probably won't get advanced algebra.

Great points are made here! The Pure Ball Striker will cut down on the players time and increase the player learning. It is all about learning and making it precise and concise. About 75% of my clients would ask me how long will this take? That was before I invented the Pure Ball Striker and I would say as long as it takes but now the learning occurs sooner it is almost within 48 to 72 hours.

Hi Jeff/Logan,

Wondered if you could provide any thoughts on using the PBS with certain types of grip? I originally posted on this subject yesterday on Dana D's board. I have been taught by my instructor that the optimum grip should have as few gaps as possible and the right hand should not have a distinct "trigger" look to it (i.e) the right index finger should not be seperated from the right middle finger.

What I did find with the PBS was that I could use it comfortably with the right index finger seperated. But I found it was a more involved process getting it right when the index finger is tight against the middle finger. Seemed to work well in both instances but with no gap and a longish left thumb (another part of the grip I have been working on) I found the PBS was touching the end of my left thumb and it took a fair amount of getting used too. Possibly this may stray into "personal preference" territory but I would be interested in any thoughts you have on this theme.

Thanks, Graham

Hi Jeff/Logan,

Wondered if you could provide any thoughts on using the PBS with certain types of grip? I originally posted on this subject yesterday on Dana D's board. I have been taught by my instructor that the optimum grip should have as few gaps as possible and the right hand should not have a distinct "trigger" look to it (i.e) the right index finger should not be seperated from the right middle finger.

What I did find with the PBS was that I could use it comfortably with the right index finger seperated. But I found it was a more involved process getting it right when the index finger is tight against the middle finger. Seemed to work well in both instances but with no gap and a longish left thumb (another part of the grip I have been working on) I found the PBS was touching the end of my left thumb and it took a fair amount of getting used too. Possibly this may stray into "personal preference" territory but I would be interested in any thoughts you have on this theme.

Thanks, Graham

Graham,

I have some photos that may suppot the grip for you. However, I will have to down load them. I was on the tee line all day today we had a Pure Ball Striker Golf School with 15 new clients anyway I will get the pics posted ASAP.

Jeff, thanks, your product is really helping me, I get better results each time I use it, One question....

PP#2 the last 3 fingerxs of the left hand.......is this something I should actively do? I seem to hit the ball straigter, more clubhead control, when I activley squeeze the last 3 fingers of the left hand, but it feels kinda stiff like I am creating tension in my forearms which may be slowing the clubhead speed down a bit....your thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks again.

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Jeff, thanks, your product is really helping me, I get better results each time I use it, One question....

PP#2 the last 3 fingerxs of the left hand.......is this something I should actively do? I seem to hit the ball straigter, more clubhead control, when I activley squeeze the last 3 fingers of the left hand, but it feels kinda stiff like I am creating tension in my forearms which may be slowing the clubhead speed down a bit....your thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks again.

#2 Pressure Point goes with #2 Power Accumulator = the cocking and uncocking of the left wrist. Try not to squeeze it to the point of tension but feel it and direct it through the cocking and uncocking. Sorry if this is vague.

Post#231

Power Accumulator #2

It is the cocking and un-cocking of the Left Wrist and is true velocity. It is the Downward Motion of the Angle of Attack.

As the Right Arm bends the Left Wrist cocks and as the Right Arm straightens the Left Wrist begins to un-****.

Its in-line condition is at Full Extension.

The wristcock shorten the Swing Radius to facilitate and synchronize the rhythm and acceleration of the Pivot and Power Package.

Thanks again.

#2 Pressure Point goes with #2 Power Accumulator = the cocking and uncocking of the left wrist. Try not to squeeze it to the point of tension but feel it and direct it through the cocking and uncocking. Sorry if this is vague.

Post#231

Power Accumulator #2

It is the cocking and un-cocking of the Left Wrist and is true velocity. It is the Downward Motion of the Angle of Attack.

As the Right Arm bends the Left Wrist cocks and as the Right Arm straightens the Left Wrist begins to un-****.

The wristcock shorten the Swing Radius to facilitate and synchronize the rhythm and acceleration of the Pivot and Power Package.

Thanks, what it really seems to do for me.....is that I seem to set the club in the proper "slot" better by getting the wrist **** correct by increasing the the tension in the last 3 fingers. When I dont concentrate on this I seem to set the club in a way that I dont bring it to square as readily. My accuracy seems to improve with the irons espeically but not so much withe the driver which I am hitting very straight now. Dont know if this make sense......

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Thanks again.

Post#231

Power Accumulator #2

Thanks, what it really seems to do for me.....is that I seem to set the club in the proper "slot" better by getting the wrist **** correct by increasing the the tension in the last 3 fingers. When I dont concentrate on this I seem to set the club in a way that I dont bring it to square as readily. My accuracy seems to improve with the irons espeically but not so much withe the driver which I am hitting very straight now. Dont know if this make sense......

To me it makes all sense in the world! See if you notice that as the Right Elbow bents does is allow your #2 Accumulator to ****. Remember that the #1 Power Accumulator is the bending and straighting of the right arm.

Post #211

Power Accumulator #1

Power Accumulator #1 is the bending the straightening of the Right Elbow to maintain the length of the Left Arm and side #1 of the Triangle Assembly. The Left Arm acts like a checkrein/leash and restrains the Extensor Action of the Right Triceps.

The Right Arm can only be straightened as the Left Arm moves away from the Right Shoulder.

Extensor Action is the steady effort to straighten the bent Right Arm. This Extensor Action stretches and produces structure for the Left Arm. In addition this promotes:

4) Proper type of support for passive Clubhead Lag Pressure involving wristcock.

Thanks again.

Post#231

Power Accumulator #2

to me it makes all sense in the world! See if you notice that as the Right Elbow bents does is allow your #2 Accumulator to ****. Remember that the #1 Power Accumulator is the bending and straighting of the right arm.

Post #211

Power Accumulator #1

Hmmmm....it seems when I set my wrists and increase the #2 PP my elbows stay conneceted better and dont separate, club does not cross the line as much at the top.....

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Thanks again.

Post#231

Power Accumulator #2

to me it makes all sense in the world! See if you notice that as the Right Elbow bents does is allow your #2 Accumulator to ****. Remember that the #1 Power Accumulator is the bending and straighting of the right arm.

Post #211

Power Accumulator #1

Hmmmm....it seems when I set my wrists and increase the #2 PP my elbows stay conneceted better and dont separate, club does not cross the line as much at the top.....

That is because you are now able to **** and uncock you #2 accumulator on your selected plane angle.