2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

HAWAII Roll Call

pitbull808

Next up: Kapolei GC on Sept 1st. Reid, remember to bring your camera so you can really irk George. :cheesy:

I might bring the camera...since I've never taken Kapolei for the site yet. Makes it a bit difficult to concentrate though....taking pics while hacking it up. :fool: Hopefully I can "test" enough of my putters by then to figure out what the heck I'll use! ;)

Well heck, give me the bloody camera to take pics while on the par 5's ;) ...it is going to do me any harm since I've been stinkin' it up on those holes ;)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in all...damn the rough over there really grabs the hell out of your club. Lucky I wasn't in it too much, but hitting a 8 iron from 100 yards away was something you don't get to do at most courses in Hawaii. They still seem to have a drainage problem. There were many low spots in the fairway that were muddy and wet. I can't remember the last heavy rain we had ....especially in Ewa. :fool: The greens were running at an okay speed, not close to being fast but smooth. The only big problem I saw with the greens is that I think they should start giving away divot tools at the starters office. There were tons of ball marks on the greens and with the thick rooted grass on the greens, they weren't the easiest to fix.

i was at kapolei yesterday and it was the same thing. lots of low spots that were soggy. and the greens were the same too with the ball marks. i wonder if the pas pallum is the cause of it, besides the not fixing of the ball marks.

the greens at kapolei were beautiful. tight and fast, and as always, everything that hits them spins like crazy. for some reason i thought you did the pictures already for that, or I would have taken on the responsibility.

BTW, shot a smooth 71 :cheesy: . best round i have had in 2 years...maybe it is starting to come back. Won one of 2 skins (45 guys) and made a little payday!!!

Damn, 71 at Kapolei. Nice shooting :cheesy: Let's see, when was the last time I shot under par for 18....oh yeah never. I hope to be able to play a round soon, reading about you guys going out is killing me. After hitting balls the last few days I can tell I lost some swing speed from being hurt. Actually, it doesn't really hurt to swing, but I think I have a mental block, because I can't let it go over the ball.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Rok...good to hear you made it out to the range. Go slowly bro..don't want to reinjure yourself. Just get your tempo back and then in a few weeks you can go for the fences again.

ILP...71 huh? Good shooting. Now you've gone and gave me something to shoot for. If I can get my driver back on track and choose a freeking putter to stick with :cheesy: I hope to have a good round too. maybe not under but at least in the 70's. This month has been horrible for me so far. You think it's the seashore paspalum grass that makes the ugly ball marks? I think you might have a point on that. Seems like other greens heal up better while the paspalum leaves an ugly brown mark at the divots and the root system is so thick, it's a tough job to fix them well.

i was at kapolei yesterday and it was the same thing. lots of low spots that were soggy. and the greens were the same too with the ball marks. i wonder if the pas pallum is the cause of it, besides the not fixing of the ball marks.

the greens at kapolei were beautiful. tight and fast, and as always, everything that hits them spins like crazy. for some reason i thought you did the pictures already for that, or I would have taken on the responsibility.

BTW, shot a smooth 71 :cheesy: . best round i have had in 2 years...maybe it is starting to come back. Won one of 2 skins (45 guys) and made a little payday!!!

Wow! 71! I still have not managed that one yet.

Well, I guess we were all out on the course yesterday. I was at New Ewa Beach Golf Club. Greens were nice, save for the ball marks that Pit mentioned. Fairways were in good shape, with only a few isolated soggy spots. Rough was well manicured, but grabs the club just like Pit said. After hitting 9/14 fairways with my new 3/4 driver swing, I only managed to shoot a very poor 81 :fool: and left the course shaking my head ;) . My irons were horrible. Thank god my short game and putting were pretty good. I lipped out 3 or 4 putts after making good strokes, so what can you do? Bogey was my worst score on any hole, but I let too many slip away. Well, since I have a new Detour on the way, I will have to "force" myself to go out and try it! ;) See you all on the course.

Tony....you got the Detour??? Damn....are all the Hawaii guys a bunch of "ho's " or what?? :cheesy: I'm still resisting the Detour. I've wanted one since I got to try it at the Sony. Then JHR offered me his Tour version and then they came out retail. I'm trying my best not to...but I don't know if this "resistance is futile"! :fool:

I picked up two more putters today....an old BOX Napa and a minty 1st Generation Tel3 Newport today. Then I did some pimping to my Tourstage PX2 Longneck. Put in a UST Frequency Filtered shaft and C-THRU grip. The grip looks fantastic on the UST with the black weave part visible through the grip. Hopefully I'll figure out what to putt with this week. ;)

Tony....you got the Detour??? Damn....are all the Hawaii guys a bunch of "ho's " or what?? :cheesy: I'm still resisting the Detour. I've wanted one since I got to try it at the Sony. Then JHR offered me his Tour version and then they came out retail. I'm trying my best not to...but I don't know if this "resistance is futile"! ;)

I picked up two more putters today....an old BOX Napa and a minty 1st Generation Tel3 Newport today. Then I did some pimping to my Tourstage PX2 Longneck. Put in a UST Frequency Filtered shaft and C-THRU grip. The grip looks fantastic on the UST with the black weave part visible through the grip. Hopefully I'll figure out what to putt with this week. ;)

I couldn't resist the Detour! I was weak! ;) Actually nothing wrong with my Studio Style NP2, but the true ho always gotsta try it. :fool: I was looking at John's too. Bought the tour r7 425 from him instead.

Reid, it sounds like you have some nice flatsticks. Let me know when you find one that putts for you! Then get one for me! BTW, how do you like the UST FF shaft? I had my eye on one, but never pulled the trigger.

Tony...I'm hooked on the UST FF shafts like I am on buying putters. I've put one on my Cameron AC III Flange, a TeI3 Neport and now the Tourstage longneck.

I know I like the clean feel of the hit at impact better with the UST. Only problem is settling on a putter long enough to enjoy my investment before I have to do another putter. :cheesy:

Here's a link to my review UST FF

Tony...I'm hooked on the UST FF shafts like I am on buying putters. I've put one on my Cameron AC III Flange, a TeI3 Neport and now the Tourstage longneck.

I know I like the clean feel of the hit at impact better with the UST. Only problem is settling on a putter long enough to enjoy my investment before I have to do another putter. :cheesy:

wow...we must have similar tastes...i have been all over these shafts for the last few months. i have one in an UG-LE, waiting for one in my JAS, and trying to decide whether to get one in my DOC.

• 5 weeks later...

wassup new people!!

takeo, what a great post to start off with by asking if we have anything for sale! i already know you are a golf ho! :beach: im not parting with any of my tourstage or gauge/g-field items, sorry!! :cheesy:

i almost forgot that if you're looking for japanese items, check out par golf 72! if you already didnt know... (cool)

• 3 weeks later...

Wassup everyone. My name is Bobby and I am a Ho.

Howzit Bobby....good to have you in the room!

looks like the Hawaii contingent is growing, man I miss home :cheesy:

Lolo...dat's alright..you can always check in here to feel little bit sunshine and aloha! :drinks:

Wassup everyone. My name is Bobby and I am a Ho.

Howzit Bobby....good to have you in the room!

looks like the Hawaii contingent is growing, man I miss home :cheesy:

Lolo...dat's alright..you can always check in here to feel little bit sunshine and aloha! :drinks:

trudat! always read/laugh about the locals and the hoing back home :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sup Guys!!! New to the forum and new to golf. My co-workers golf and asked me to join them. Messed around long time ago at the driving range and old Bayview with some used garage sale clubs. Decided to get a little more serious because my Wife just surprised me with a new set of Mizuno MX-17 irons and Ogio bag. I think she got the hint I wanted new clubs!!!! Now just gotta build my full set with driver, wedges, woods and putter. I love this game, frustrating yet fun.

Peace

Ken

BTW, I'm from Kailua.