2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

HAWAII Roll Call

pitbull808

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Alpha...where did you end up playing? I hope you didn't take those J's to Makalena! You need at least a $45 round to break those puppies in!

I was out at Oahu Country Club today. Totally stunk it up. Hopefully all will be better during the next three days while I'm playing the Member/Guest there. :drinks:

and yah, im not planning on going to makalena with those. it was just because my friend hadnt played there in about 10 years so he wanted to check it out. and yes it is still the same. quite possibly the worst course on the island. also i will be afraid the first few times i hit them out of any dirt. i might have to reward myself a free drop!!! :drinks:

Played Ko'Olina in the howling wind. :D A challenge to say the least. Not the greatest conditions to test new equipment, but the Tourstages worked very well. 500 yds straight into the wind, reached it in 2, but 3 jacked it for par! :kewlpics: Not bad considering this was the first time I hit them. Now I understand why people like Tourstage. I guess I will be at Roots looking for the X-Drive 435 now! The man tells me that Titleist 906 F2, 585.h, and Detour are ordered and on the way; but he just doesn't know when they will be in. I better start cleaning out the closet now. :D

Played Ko'Olina in the howling wind. :D

Is that what it was that made my 8 iron from 120 land short of the green at Royal Kunia. :kewlpics:

Played okay out at RK today. Nothing to brag about. I was coming up short/long all day, probably as a result of the wind. Greens although better then they've been in the past, still pretty bumpy. They seem to have finally controlled their weed problem.

Alpha...the XUT is firmly in the bag after one day. I'm amazed how easy it is to hit and how much of a better trajectory I was getting with it versus the FUT. Even more amazing was I didn't reshaft it yet, just used the stock NSPRO Hybrid shaft in Stiff. I'll probably go with something stiffer later, but at this time, it's pretty good to go. I'll get some pics of it in comparison to the FUT up later this week.

Alpha...the XUT is firmly in the bag after one day. I'm amazed how easy it is to hit and how much of a better trajectory I was getting with it versus the FUT. Even more amazing was I didn't reshaft it yet, just used the stock NSPRO Hybrid shaft in Stiff. I'll probably go with something stiffer later, but at this time, it's pretty good to go. I'll get some pics of it in comparison to the FUT up later this week.

ahhhh dont say that, im going to want one. if i already didnt buy new wedges and a new driver shaft in the last week i would definately have one by now. now im just trying to get a new driver, no extra money to fool around with hybrids! although if roots was to ever get a used one i will probrably try it out. im easy like that.

and you guys talking about wind! i was at hawaii country club and didnt notice any today! maybe cause i was distracted by all the dead grass, really bad watered greens, and uneven tee boxes! :kewlpics: nah im just playing about the wind, it was gusting a bit. :D

and you guys talking about wind! i was at hawaii country club and didnt notice any today! maybe cause i was distracted by all the dead grass, really bad watered greens, and uneven tee boxes! :D nah im just playing about the wind, it was gusting a bit. :D

Hawaii Country Club?? Shoots, I thought it was a cow pasture! :kewlpics: Man, I haven't played there in ages. They were trying to do renovations a while back, but it sounds like that didn't go very well. It was kinda short, if I remember correctly. :D

Alpha...you were just up the road from me! I was initially going to go there becuase I figured I could use the XUT from every tee box and still play that course but figured since I'm trying the new driver too, I might as well go to the longer Kunia. After taking over 4.5 hrs to play, I think I should have drove the extra miles to play HCC. These tourist with the rental clubs were killing me. The first group let me through, but the second one had me lying across the cart seat catching a tan in between shots. The two girls must have been really tired after the round. They hit about five times (not counting whiffs) to equal my drive. All that running in between their shots gave me a good laugh but it sure was a long day for golf.

And you know you're going to get the XUT. Sooner or later....just do it...you won't regret it! But at the same time, don't listen to me. The lifespan of clubs in my bag is rather short. :kewlpics:

Hawaii Country Club?? Shoots, I thought it was a cow pasture! :kewlpics: Man, I haven't played there in ages. They were trying to do renovations a while back, but it sounds like that didn't go very well. It was kinda short, if I remember correctly. :D

yah it seems like they try to make it nice, everytime i went there they water the grass throughout the entire day. you have to avoid the sprinklers! and they soak the greens also. and i really mean soak, it makes the squish noise under your feet! and on some greens it just looks like people have just been dragging their feet on it, terrible. and yes you remember correctly, it is very short at 5911 yards.

Alpha...you were just up the road from me! I was initially going to go there becuase I figured I could use the XUT from every tee box and still play that course but figured since I'm trying the new driver too, I might as well go to the longer Kunia. After taking over 4.5 hrs to play, I think I should have drove the extra miles to play HCC. These tourist with the rental clubs were killing me. The first group let me through, but the second one had me lying across the cart seat catching a tan in between shots. The two girls must have been really tired after the round. They hit about five times (not counting whiffs) to equal my drive. All that running in between their shots gave me a good laugh but it sure was a long day for golf.

And you know you're going to get the XUT. Sooner or later....just do it...you won't regret it! But at the same time, don't listen to me. The lifespan of clubs in my bag is rather short. :D

yah you woulda got through a bit faster at HCC. the only group stopping us was a group of 5 older guys and another group of 4 younger guys, the younger guys just seemed to be learning cause every hole at least 3 of them were off in any kind of directions. other than that there was nobody in front of the older guys for at least 3 holes. even with that me and my friend got through in a little under 4 hours. kunia is one of the only places i havent played yet, i do know it costs alot more to play there in comparison to HCC. and its probrably 100 times better conditioned. but at HCC you'll never see tourists there.

and hey, if the xut finds its way to me somehow, i will just accept it with open arms. :D i really do hate changing clubs though, i would like to stay consistant with a regular setup. its not my fault that so much great clubs keep coming out! and i actually had thoughts off sidelining my g-field putter today in favor of the heavy viq mallet. almost every putt seemed to be short! but then i just figured it was the damn slow/wet greens messing with me. im not going back there for a long while.

Alpha...just in case you didn't know...Royal Kunia's rates..

Regular Tee Time- $55

2pm-3pm-$45

3pm/Twilight...carts in by 7pm-$35

If you play the 3pm, make sure you're there at 2pm to sign up early to get the first 3pm time. Pm Hacker and I went last week at 3pm and were the 4th group out. We finished up "pushing" the group ahead of us right on the nose at 7pm. By the way......there was a young guy out there on the course ahead of us with one arm. Beautiful swing and quite inspiring. I heard he shoots in the mid 70's. If he's a member here at GolfWRX, "Great Job buddy! :kewlpics: "

As for Kunia, I love playing there. Best darn place to get in a "solo" round and finish up in under 3 hours. Yeah, it's ugly, but for $20 it's hard to complain if you just want to get some golf in at the last minute. There always seems to be an opening. What I usually do is forget the tee markers and play it from as far back as I can to make it more challenging. Actually most of the time I forget to use the tee markers because I'm searching for the flattest area to tee off of! :D

i think i know which guy that is, he works at sports authority in the golf section!

and yeah HCC isnt bad for the price i guess, and its always less crowded than the muni's, even though the muni's are in better condition sort of. and thats a good idea for the tee boxes. i was just looking for the parts with the most grass so it wouldnt mess up my clubs.

By the way......there was a young guy out there on the course ahead of us with one arm. Beautiful swing and quite inspiring. I heard he shoots in the mid 70's. If he's a member here at GolfWRX, "Great Job buddy! :kewlpics: "

Pit, that guy practices at Leilehua all the time. I work or play there everyday (sometimes both :D ). He has pretty good shortgame and solid swing. I asked him the other day and he said he was a solid 7 :D

Howzit Hawaii Golfers. Just wanted to give a heads up on Pearl Country Club. Played in a scramble there today. The course really was looking pretty darn good. The greens were in their usual good and semi-fast condition. Wind was blowing all day which made the 6 hour round :kewlpics: cool but the course played long hitting into it. :D

Howzit Hawaii Golfers. Just wanted to give a heads up on Pearl Country Club. Played in a scramble there today. The course really was looking pretty darn good. The greens were in their usual good and semi-fast condition. Wind was blowing all day which made the 6 hour round :help: cool but the course played long hitting into it. :wave:

good to hear....club is playing there sun morning

Hey fellow Hawaii WRX'rs, can anyone recommend a good club repair guy? As you can see in my sig, I play a lot of Tour equipment and high end Fuji's and don't want to take any chances with bad club fitters.

Thanks!

PM sent. :help:

Howzit Hawaii Golfers. Just wanted to give a heads up on Pearl Country Club. Played in a scramble there today. The course really was looking pretty darn good. The greens were in their usual good and semi-fast condition. Wind was blowing all day which made the 6 hour round :wave: cool but the course played long hitting into it. :)

Played there last week; the course was very windy, but it did look pretty good. Too bad my golf swing didn't! :help: Playing there again tomorrow, so maybe I can redeem myself. I just hope it doesn't take 6 hours :) , or I will need a flashlight to finish!

BTW Reid, how are you liking that r7 460?