2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

HAWAII Roll Call

pitbull808

Sup all, decided to pick up golf two months ago and came across this site. My golf knowledge atm doesn't go much beyond seeing Tiger Woods commericals so im hoping to improve on that=P Been to par 72 a couple times now, carl just did a great job regripping my gfs and dads irons, feel kinda bad cause my dads had their original grips on... which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't almost as old as me. (eye 2s) Thanks again carl!

Hey..I recognize those clubs/grips! ;) Carl was having a beatch of a time with them. I'm glad for once I didn't volunteer to help him strip grips. From the looks of it, I dont' think I'd have been of much help without the vice! ;)

Nice of you to join us here. I'm Reid..the guy who was screwing with Tony's /Xsfspeed's paintfill on his JAS Anser and giggling at Carl sweating with your grips. ;)

No be shy dropping by the Hawaii Room or our "clubhouse" Par Golf 72. Usually one of us is there pretty much every day of the week. ;)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bra'

Someone like send me one plate lunch! ;) (DOUBLE MACARONI)! Aloha

Wow! You making me hungry! ;) Welcome to the room braddah! :)

Hooey braddah....double mac on a chile hot dog plate from Rainbows...oh so ono! :cheesy:

No shame drop by the hale any time! :)

• 2 months later...
Wazzup??

I'm Brian, fairly new member to the site but been on Oahu for 2 yrs.

Where is this "Par 72" you speak of?

Also, any good builders around here? Need to get some reshafting done..

Howzit Brian...nice of you to drop in. Glad to see you found us.

I'll probably see/meet you at Par 72..aka the "Club House"...much to Carls dismay! :D

Aloha,

Reid :D

• 8 months later...

Howdy.....or should I say Aloha all......hey Toto we're not in Colorado anymore!!! My name is Jim and my wife and I moved to Maui this past year. The islands are truly paradise and I've dreamed my whole life about living here and now I am. What a true blessing it is to call this place my new home. I hope to meet all of you at some time in the future preferably on the 1st tee somewhere. Yes I am a club ho and will need alot of help from you guys and gals in helping me redo my bag this next year. Anyway if anybody wants to tee it up here on Maui let me hear from you. I take the game seriously but not myself so a beer or two and a bunch of laughs is what it's all about to me and oh yes I do hate bogies though!

Jim

hey all, Kyle from Oahu. I stumbled across WRX in December, and it's almost as addictive as the game itself. There's a heck of a lot of folks from the islands on here!

Just started playing about 6 months ago or so, so I'm still experiencing some...let's call 'em growing pains :) but hey, with the courses out here, it's tough to complain. Still, I've gotten exponentially better just by reading some threads on here, and have learned an amazing amount. Freakin' great place to be.

Any thoughts on a good instructor on oahu? lord knows i can use all the help i can get

movin to Oahu on Friday...be there at noon!!!

Congrats on the move! :drinks: Welcome to the room.

hey all, Kyle from Oahu. I stumbled across WRX in December, and it's almost as addictive as the game itself. There's a heck of a lot of folks from the islands on here!

Aloha Kyle! Welcome to the room. :drinks:

Howzit new guys! Great to have more guys introducing themselves in here. We really have a large amount of Hawaii guys here in GolfWRX. If you haven't seen/heard of me on the forum yet, I'm Reid, resident putter ho, driver ho, iron ho...ehhhh..ummmm.....errr....HO. :pardon: I'm also the main connection to GolfWRX being a Moderator here. Welcome to the Hawaii Room. I KNOW there are a lot more Hawaii guys on the forum that haven't introduced themselves yet. Don't be shy, we're not going to bite or tease you....unless we've golfed together several times then everything's open game! :cheesy: Really though...from this forum, a lot of us have developed great friendships. It's hard not to get along with guys you play with who have similar ho'ing habits and taste. It's nice to golf with guys with truly a great knowledge of clubs and gear. Sure beats guys who just look at you and say, "cameron...looks like a ping, must be same." :russian_roulette:

• 1 month later...
Howzit new guys! Great to have more guys introducing themselves in here. We really have a large amount of Hawaii guys here in GolfWRX. If you haven't seen/heard of me on the forum yet, I'm Reid, resident putter ho, driver ho, iron ho...ehhhh..ummmm.....errr....HO. :pardon: I'm also the main connection to GolfWRX being a Moderator here. Welcome to the Hawaii Room. I KNOW there are a lot more Hawaii guys on the forum that haven't introduced themselves yet. Don't be shy, we're not going to bite or tease you....unless we've golfed together several times then everything's open game! :cheesy: Really though...from this forum, a lot of us have developed great friendships. It's hard not to get along with guys you play with who have similar ho'ing habits and taste. It's nice to golf with guys with truly a great knowledge of clubs and gear. Sure beats guys who just look at you and say, "cameron...looks like a ping, must be same." :russian_roulette:

Ok being that I just met up with Reid to purchase a Cameron I feel the need to introduce myself. My name is Daniel... or Dan... from Maui but have been living on Oahu for the past 12 years... basically since I got here for college. Currently living in Wahiawa and just picked up the game half a year ago. I mainly play on Maui, but have been playing here more often lately. Definitely learning a lot about equipment and how I can improve my game through this site. The one problem with learning about the equipment is... having to buy it! I'm a secret club ho, my father-in-law has agreed to stash clubs for me at his house provided he can use them if needed haha!

On to Reid... nice guy who drove out to Leilehua golf course to sell me the putter. I know he's in town, so making the trip out here is very appreciated man. I've seen a part of his putter collection on this site, looks like he owns a golf shop eh? But even his trunk is loaded hahaha! He had at least 5-7 putters in there I think! Tourstage one was nice man! He's convinced me to make a trip into town once in a while and stop by Carlton's shop... if I can past the videos. :cheesy: So once again, thanks for the deal Reid and was nice meeting you man.

Hopefully I am able to improve my game to the point where I wouldn't be embarassed to go play with you guys, especially being that I work from home. :tongue: See you all on the course sometime!

LOL...damn..how embarrassing! I really need to clean out my trunk! :blush:

Nice meeting you today Dan. For sure...drop by the shop one day. You'll definitely see/meet some of the bigger ho's. Most much bigger then I. Most of the time I'm just bs'ing there and teasing the ho's that I see weekly with new stuff! :D

Welcome. I too am a transplant from Maui, came over a couple of years earlier than you. Actually, I am getting old so I guess it has been a couple of couple of years. Stop by the shop when you get a chance and you will have a chance to meet the who's who of golf hos on the island.

I try to make it back to Maui at least once a month to take my son to see family and of course to get in a round of golf! Maui golf trip one day?

LOL...damn..how embarrassing! I really need to clean out my trunk! :blush:

Nice meeting you today Dan. For sure...drop by the shop one day. You'll definitely see/meet some of the bigger ho's. Most much bigger then I. Most of the time I'm just bs'ing there and teasing the ho's that I see weekly with new stuff! :D

Haha no way, I wouldn't be embarassed! I was envious! Those putters, the OnOff irons, R9 driver, man sick.

I'll definitely stop by sometime in the next few weeks, would be good to extract knowledge from folks like yourselves, this beginner has a lot to learn for sure.

Pitbull, just wanted you to know that I am a total copy cat. I fell in love with your Bimini putter and when you politely told me you didnt want to part with it, I bought an unfinished one. Just wanted you to know that your ho'in was an inspiration! Trying to figure out how to gussy it up a little before posting a pic.

Haha no way, I wouldn't be embarassed! I was envious! Those putters, the OnOff irons, R9 driver, man sick.

I'll definitely stop by sometime in the next few weeks, would be good to extract knowledge from folks like yourselves, this beginner has a lot to learn for sure.

LOL...don't be envious. It can be expensive trying to keep up with my putter ho'ing....not to mention driver ho'ing! :cheesy: See below! :D

Pitbull, just wanted you to know that I am a total copy cat. I fell in love with your Bimini putter and when you politely told me you didnt want to part with it, I bought an unfinished one. Just wanted you to know that your ho'in was an inspiration! Trying to figure out how to gussy it up a little before posting a pic.

LOL..glad to hear you got one. It's definitely a very good putter!

Maybe I can convince some putter OEM to give me their whole putter line free in efforts to get everyone to buy one! That would save me a ton and help cure my addiction! :pardon:

LOL...don't be envious. It can be expensive trying to keep up with my putter ho'ing....not to mention driver ho'ing! :cheesy: See below! :D

Maybe I can convince some putter OEM to give me their whole putter line free in efforts to get everyone to buy one! That would save me a ton and help cure my addiction! :pardon:

That wouldn't cure your addiction, just give you more money to ho drivers. :cheesy:

That wouldn't cure your addiction, just give you more money to ho drivers. :cheesy:

Heyyyyyy...never thought of that! I better get my form letter ready to write to all of them! :cheesy:

#1. Pitbull808 is my club ho'ing idol! :victory:

........You'll definitely see/meet some of the bigger ho's. Most much bigger then I.

:huh: Bigger ho than you? Does such an animal exist? See #1

Pitbull, ... Just wanted you to know that your ho'in was an inspiration!

:yes: Pitbull tends to have that effect on people! :tongue: See #1

It can be expensive trying to keep up with my putter ho'ing....not to mention driver ho'ing! :cheesy:

:yes: :D See #1

Don't you already own the entire putter line of most OEMs? Including the different lengths and head weights. I guess you must be talking about their 2010 line-up. :dntknw:

Personally, I think this is a bad idea...kinda like throwing gasoline on a fire! :download: Although it would be fun to use my "library" card and check out a new putter from your collection every time we play! :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Speaking of the driver ho'ing...must resist the peer pressure...must resist the peer pressure...

Just kidding, not planning to add an R9 to my bag any time soon. ;) See #1

• 2 weeks later...