2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Intelligolf Eagle and advice

Who has used this?
Howdy all -

Looking to buy a GPS device for XMAS...want pretty close to all the bells and whistles, but super-advanced course mapping is not necessarily ultra-important, but I do want advanced stat tracking, and the ability to SAVE both my courses and my stats to my PC for editing/viewing later.

Currently, I am leaning towards either Golf Guru(color) or Sonocaddie V300. I need to know if both of these devices allow downloading/storage of courses/stats onto your PC - and whether they allow upload of courses from PC rather then strictly from vendor website.

Also - I have found this "Intelligolf Eagle" GPS software that would work with my current BlackBerry...has anybody used this? It looks very sharp.

Thanks for all replies in advance.

Cheers,

Rob

edited: it's Intelligolf, not Intelligreen

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it (intelligolf) and enjoy it. Good stats, quick data entry while on the course. I enjoy using and tracking information with the intelligolf stat software. It gives good feedback on each hole and round performance as you play and a rich summary at the end of the round. Still better when at home on the PC.

I have used the eagle addition. I used an external gps/bluetooth connection to my T5 Palm. The only real issue was the bluetooth connection burned through my T5 battery such that I could not last a whole round. I have since added a gps, golf guru. I still track everything (each stroke, distance off the GPS, club, course position in about 30-60 seconds per hole) into the palm as I play. Data entry can be a bit rushed if you are a twosome getting to the next hole, generally lots of time when foursome if you let others hit.

It is pretty simple to do GPS mapping if the course is not present in the intelligolf libary using Google earth or the like. Be aware google.earth does have dated images and some courses do not have the resolution to map.

Given a good set of coordiates, the intelligolf system with a GPS is pretty good. From mapping some courses, you generally can get by with the Front/Center/Back of the green and the 3 other points. You really do not map everything. There will be holes with lots of targets that you want to have it and will not be able to track everything.

I did some math on the accuracy of the F/C/B versus the actual pin location. From anything over 100 yds, the error is 1-2% or a couple of yards, much less than my personal accuracy. The accuracy fads as you get within 50 yards, depending on where the pin is. Many people of course eye ball it at that range.

I personally like the gps to give me continuous read out of distance to the green, etc. Nice to note where others are hitting the ball, less time waiting for signal, etc. I found that I waited a lot with the intelligolf, the T5, and a bluetooth GPS. That may have changed in the last year. And a more integrated solution may perform differently.

I think you will like the intelligolf software. I do.

With both SKyGolf and Golf Guru, courses are kept on the unit and/or their server . not your local PC. As you know. the Golf Guru does create XML files that ARE stored on your computer.

I use the Intelligolf Birdie edition on a Palm handheld in conjunction with a golf GPS device. I track shots manually on the PDA and then synch that data with Intelligolf's desktop software. I have been doing that for years.

• 1 month later...

I use Intelligolf with my BB Curve. It perfectly fits the bill for my situation.

Most people carry thier cell with them on the course anyways, so why carry my phone and a GPS unit when I can get both in one unit?

I have no idea if it is any more or less accurate then other GPS units but the yardage any GPS unit gives is only one piece of the information you have to process before deciding on what distance to actually hit. It's no less accurate then my laser range finder.

The stats are really good, a little over the top IMO. I am largely only worried about Fairways hit, greens hit and putts. I don't even put in distances per shot or for each club.

One bad thing about it is not even the software's fault. The Blackberry seems to have some issues with the GPS, which is a known issue with the Curve on some providers. The only bad thing that is that there is not a huge amount of courses that already have the GPS information. But living in Canada I think I would be putting in the yardages regardless of which GPS unit I went with. They use Google Maps for the location data so its only as accurate as your input information when manully putting in coordinates. It also has the ability to input your current location when on the course from the sat information.

I would recommend it to anyone who has a GPS enabled phone, I am a 2 handicap BTW and the distance it gives is more then accurate then I would ever be able to hit to.