2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

uPro Technical Support

Unbelievable
I purchased a uPro from Discount Dans last week and it arrived on Monday. I went to set it up and had an issue with it being able to sync. I called their Customer Service number, pressed 2 for Tech Support, waited about 30 seconds and someone answered. This guy worked with me for 2 hours trying to resolve my issue...never a whimper. At about 6:00 PM I said I was through for the night and asked that we resume it in the morning. He said no problem, asked me when I would like a call, I said 8:00 AM and we said good-bye. At 7:58 this morning another tech called and asked me if I was ready. He had already reviewed the log files and suspected that my USB port was the culprit. He suggested I move the cable to one of the ports on the back of the computer as he had seen issues with my particular PC when trying to use one of the front ports. He also said that if they could not fix it quickly, they would load up my courses on a new unit, ship it to me, and let me return the unit to them in that box.

Long story short, that was not necessary, the port was the problem and after 20 minutes, we were done.

Haven't used the unit yet, but I will say that it is unbelievably cool to use in Preview Mode....Amazing. That however isn't the point. The service that I received could not have been better. I was blown away by their willingness to do whatever it took to solve my problem.

I am one happy customer...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a couple of issues with mine as well, and every time they have gone WAY Beyond what I expected as well. Good stuff and people for sure.

Driver PXG GEN4 0811x (9) / Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White
Fairway:  PXG GEN4 (13) / 14.0 

Hybrid:  PXG 0317 X  PXG GEN4 (19) / Mitsubishi MMT 80
Irons:  PXG PXG GEN4 0311 P (4 - Pw) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Wedge:  PXG Sugar Daddy Forged (50/9, 54/10 and 58/9) / True Temper Elevate Tour 
Putter:  PXG Closer, 39.5" ArmLock
Ball:  Bridgestone B X
Bag:  PXG - Fairway White Camo Cary/Stand

Callaway, who now owns UPro, has always been the best customer service folks.

uPro customer service was always this good, even before Callaway purchased them.

+1 on that. Their techs were very helpful when I had a problem with my uPro in November. They were able to help with both Mac & PC, and they really wanted to help. That's kinda rare these days!

• 2 months later...

Yeah, they still can't fix the Mac issue. I was on the phone with them earlier this week and despite another member here getting it working, they claim there is no fix. It makes me mad they still claim on their website that it works with Mac. Before upgrading to 10.5.7, you had to wait sometimes for hours for the unit to mount as a device and become usable... now it just triggers an error message.

They tell me that they are working on rebuilding something so it will work on mac... but no delivery timetable.

Yeah, they still can't fix the Mac issue. I was on the phone with them earlier this week and despite another member here getting it working, they claim there is no fix. It makes me mad they still claim on their website that it works with Mac. Before upgrading to 10.5.7, you had to wait sometimes for hours for the unit to mount as a device and become usable... now it just triggers an error message.

They tell me that they are working on rebuilding something so it will work on mac... but no delivery timetable.

Your statement tells all, it's a "Mac issue" and not a UPro problem.

I'm a PC and my UPro works fine.

;) Just kidding.

My choices were uPro and the Garmin Approach since the SG5 isn't compatible with a Mac. The Approach is so new they don't have a lot of courses yet. So now the uPro and the SG5 aren't compatible with a Mac. They have 90 days to figure it out because I have until then to return it. After all that research I'm backing to looking for sprinkler heads and pacing!!!

I'm surprised someone answered the phone because no one answered for me. The day I bought it I called and hung up after 30 minutes. The next day I was on hold for over 30 minutes before I dropped and sent an email. They called me a couple of hours later.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, we couldn't get it to work on either of my Windows machines. I did get it to work on the Mac. My tech quy said that with the Mac it may take a few minutes to get the spotlight to index the disc. I removed the battery and memory card, and plugged it back in. I ran Disk Utility and it found the drive. I just let let it sit for a few minutes, and it worked. It is still a little touchy, but I can usually get it to recognize the uPro by removing the battery and mini SD card.

I think my core issue is a touchy SD card. I get errors after copying courses.

Your statement tells all, it's a "Mac issue" and not a UPro problem.

I'm a PC and my UPro works fine.

;) Just kidding.

Well I have no interest in the Mac vs. PC debate as I own both and like both for various reasons. The problem however IS a uPro problem. According to them something was written incorrectly and has to be re-coded from scratch. They found the error after an update in mac software. I have no clue what it is and I'm a non-technical person, but this is what the tech support guy said.

• 8 months later...

I had a similar problem with my Upro on a Mac. I read a post on this forum telling me what to do and I reformatted my sd card. WRONG thing to do. When I checked on the link to restore the Upro, the link was dead!! OH NO!!! I called Callaway the next morning and was on hold for 18 minutes. The recorder tells you that there may be a wait time of 15 minutes or more. Frank picked up and resolved the issue quickly. I emailed him a couple times and received an immediate response. Service is very good with Callaway. The main thing I need to say is that you must hook the Upro directly up to the computer and NOT a hub. The hub's power is not sufficient to trigger the Mac into recognizing the Upro. Once I hooked it up directly..it worked seamlessly.

[quote name='chrt396' date='22 March 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1269298593' post='2334115']
I had a similar problem with my Upro on a Mac. I read a post on this forum telling me what to do and I reformatted my sd card. WRONG thing to do. When I checked on the link to restore the Upro, the link was dead!! OH NO!!! I called Callaway the next morning and was on hold for 18 minutes. The recorder tells you that there may be a wait time of 15 minutes or more. Frank picked up and resolved the issue quickly. I emailed him a couple times and received an immediate response. Service is very good with Callaway. The main thing I need to say is that you must hook the Upro directly up to the computer and NOT a hub. The hub's power is not sufficient to trigger the Mac into recognizing the Upro. Once I hooked it up directly..it worked seamlessly.
[/quote]

OK... I am in the SAME exact boat you were in. I have a MacBook Pro and an iMac and cannot for the life of me get my uPro to sync with EITHER of them anymore (it used to just fine...). I then did the "reformatting" of the SD card as well, and completely agree with you... BAD CHOICE. Now all I have is a uPro with absolutely 0 courses on it that will not sync with my computers! I want to throw it out of my office window now everytime I look at it, if I had the box for it somewhere I would no doubt return it as defective. I LOVED it when it worked but haven't been able to sync it for months now. If you could walk me through a step by step of how to get this thing up and running again I would really appreciate it! If not... you have the empty box your uPro came in and want to sell it to me???...

Tour Issue TaylorMade M6 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana X17 60x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade M5 15*(Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 70x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade 19* 5-wood (Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 80x)
TaylorMade P750 3-PW (Nippon Modus Proto "2T15")
TaylorMade MG Black 52* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Spider X

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue with mine and I had to leave a message. I was never gotten back to for 4 days. Then I got a phone call twice. Already had the problem resolved after tinkering a bit more. I just wish that they would get us the update they have been promising for about a year now.

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001