uPro Rebate?

Callaway Rep told me that Amazon and eBay merchants are not authorized dealers so the rebate will not apply. I don't know about other retailers who may be selling the units at less than $399, and Callaway has not replied to my email asking that very question.

The units probably will work, but he did say Callaway doesn't support units not bought from authorized dealers or sold and transferred by original owners. The way to tell is at registration. If the unit has already been registered (I've not heard anyone complain about this from Amazon or any other seller for that matter though), then Callaway will require registration verification that you may not be able to provide. The C-rep said if you can't verify the unit, then you're simply out of luck and will get no help from Callaway.

i bought mine off of ebay, had no trouble registering it and just arranged an exchange for a fluttering screen issue with no trouble. My only problem is that i bought it 2 weeks too early :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you guys get it on Amazon for $328?

My Dad wants one for Father's Day, and they are listed at the regular $399.

Hmm, I see that. They must have got a run on them after the rebate was announced and raised the price in response. In that case, I would check out gppgolf. They have it for $350, plus you can also sign up for their twitter, facebook and myspace accounts and get additional discounts.

Titleist 915D2 9.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3 Wood
Adams Super LS 19* Hybrid
Ping s55 4-PW
Ping Glide Wedges 50* SS, 54* SS, 60* TS
Rife IMO Putter

For anyone looking to buy, try www.golflandwarehouse.com. I spoke to the owner Nick, and he has a few in stock but not many. The price on the website was $399.99 - $75 immediate discount, and they will also ship the rebate form. He had a few of the new (red box) units in stock but didn't expect them to make it through the weekend at this price. I ordered one, and it's due next week. They sent me shipping notification the same day I ordered.

Look them up and order online or give them a call.

For anyone looking to buy, try www.golflandwarehouse.com. I spoke to the owner Nick, and he has a few in stock but not many. The price on the website was $399.99 - $75 immediate discount, and they will also ship the rebate form. He had a few of the new (red box) units in stock but didn't expect them to make it through the weekend at this price. I ordered one, and it's due next week. They sent me shipping notification the same day I ordered.

Look them up and order online or give them a call.

Are they an authorized retailer?

I'd hate to buy from them, then have Callaway stiff me on the rebate.

Hmm, I see that. They must have got a run on them after the rebate was announced and raised the price in response. In that case, I would check out gppgolf. They have it for $350, plus you can also sign up for their twitter, facebook and myspace accounts and get additional discounts.

They ran out, it you notice the 399 price is from golfsmith, not Amazon. When Amazon gets more in stock, they will be $328 again with free 2 day shipping if you are a prime member...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I spoke directly to GLW's owner Nick. He didn't expect to have enough uPros to make it through the weekend, but everything about ther customer service through ordering and shipping has been first-class. If mine arrives and is as expected, I'll be a new convert and probably do more with them.

BTW, I initially called just to find out if I could split the order with Visa gift cards since it's not clear how to do it on the website. Nick called me back himself within minutes of my email question. Try getting Bezos or someone from another site to call you back like that!

With the rebate and discount, the uPro with shipping will come out to $230 including the shipping, which is very fair. I always pull for places like this to do well and succeed. I'll repost next week or so after I get my unit, register it, and take it out for a spin on my home course using the Pro mode.

They ran out, it you notice the 399 price is from golfsmith, not Amazon. When Amazon gets more in stock, they will be $328 again with free 2 day shipping if you are a prime member...

Well I was wrong, Amazon jacked their price to $399 also...disappointing from one of my favorite stores...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I have the same worry -- when I see that big of a rebate, I assume something newer is on it's way. Too bad as bought my upro only a few months ago -- and I was hoping some of the proposed enhancement mentioned here in WRX would come to past. Now I assume any enhancements will be directed towards the "new" upro units -- bummer!

Still I love my upro -- works great and even as it is, I think it's better than the skycaddies that most of my golf partners mostly have.

Paul

I emailed Callaway to ask if the "stats" model would be an entire new unit or a software upgrade to the existing module. They replied that it was a software update (for a fee) and not a new model. So i bought mine yesterday.

For what it's worth

I hope the stats module comes out eventually. It is already way past over due based on their initial launch estimate.

Got my uPro last week. DL'd some courses but won't get out until this week if the weather in NJ cooperates and doesn't rain yet again.

Whether there's a new model or not, I've learned to be satisfied with purchases that I make and max out the capabililties of the toys I have. In the case of uPro if they come out with something new, I won't care as long as my unit functions well and is capable of getting the software update I'm looking forward to - scorecard and stats. Besides, these companies have to keep moving forward or someone will offer the new features they lack.

I actually hope uPro doesn't have new units for a couple more years and instead focuses on expanding features for the existing models.

I really doubt there's a new model coming this season.

Just about every retailer in my area just got large quantities of Upros that they never had before. The red boxes are lining the counters everywhere I go. I doubt they would ALL have just ordered large numbers if a new model is coming anytime soon. If so then Upro really screwed a ton of retailers in the Sacramento area. It's insane how many red boxes I see now, and when I bought mine in March there was one red box in town. Callaway is pushing this product HARD.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

Got mine at Dicks Sporting Goods 2 weeks ago for $400 less 10% = $360 - $100 rebate =$260. I have used it 4 times on 2 different courses 128 and 131 slopes in Pro Mode this is a great tool to have. I can swing with confindence and have cut 5-6 shots off my score. Was averging 86 now in my 4 rounds I have had a 78,80,81, and 83.

A stupid question regarding the rebate:

The rebate form says on step #3 that "on a separate piece of paper, attach your original bar code that corresponds to your original receipt".

I take this to mean that the bar code from the box should be cut and attached on a separate piece of paper. Which one of the two bar codes? The one from the box including the serial number or just the sleeve code?

Thanks!

A stupid question regarding the rebate:

The rebate form says on step #3 that "on a separate piece of paper, attach your original bar code that corresponds to your original receipt".

I take this to mean that the bar code from the box should be cut and attached on a separate piece of paper. Which one of the two bar codes? The one from the box including the serial number or just the sleeve code?

Thanks!

I sent both bar codes to be safe.

I did check the fine print of exclusions and golfsmith will not give you the 15% for the Upro.

Golfsmith clearly states in the Upro page that the item is excluded from the promotion.

However, Budget Golf will give you 10% off (with the 1overpar coupon code) plus a $30 gift card. Golfland Warehouse will give you $75 off but they are backordered until 6/24.

GPP is selling them at $350 but you could get $10 off for adding them to your facebook/twitter.

Overall, there are some good options to get the Upro at a great price. I received mine a couple of days ago. I haven't used it on the course yet but I already have about 30 courses in it.

My only concern is reading it outdoors..

There are buying options, but if you have to wait it's worth it. I just played my first round with the uPro and here are my key observations:

• Accuracy - always within 1-2 yards of markers and laser. I double-checked with my Bushnell LR, and this thing was spot on. This unit works inside of 50 yards to the green or hazards. Some units don't, but this thing was right on it up to the fringe on the greens. I tried to see if it would stop giving readings, but it only stopped once I got onto the greens. It didn't actually stop - I just didn't find a need to use it even though it showed 20 yards to back of green when I had a 62 foot putt (I lasered it just for kicks to check).
  • Speed - getting a measurement was fast and I had 0 instances of losing satellites or slow to lock on.
  • User Interface - a little clumsy when using the first time. Shouldn't have to select golf course when starting, but you do. Auto hole advance still asked if I wanted to go to next hole. Very akward in a shotgun start situation though because you have to manually go back to hole 1, but shotgun starts aren't the norm for scoring/competitive golf. I really anticipate liking this thing once I get really used to it. Buttons are ok, and I didn't have any problems even though I used a soft gel cover and screen protector.
  • Screen - 100% visible in bright sunlight or shaded areas. I tried to make it impossible to read by changing angles to the sun but couldn't.
  • ProMode - haven't used yet.
  • Regular Mode - would probably be fine for almost all situations. I really can't see the need to buy ProMode courses unless 1) you just want them or 2) you play courses with a lot of blind shots over hills or through doglegs. The regular green and hazard views were just fine. I actually preferred the hazard view.
  • Overall impression - much more convenient than my laser except on par 3 when trying to get exact distance readings. I will still carry GPS and LR, but the GPS will probably get 95% of the action.
  • Value - at $225 net after rebate and discount from Golfland Warehouse, this was an absolute steal and probably the highlight of my golf purchases in the last 1-2 years. I'd highly recommend this product. The fact that non-Pro courses is incredible. I don't need all the golf courses in the U.S. or the world like some other units - just the ones I have a shot at playing and the ability to add others as long as I can get some PC access. I've also heard that it's possible to add more course storage capability through 3rd party microSD so I'll probably have every course in regular and ProMode that I'm even remotely

interested in playing soon. Can't beat it.

I don't work for uPro, and I'm actually a huge Garmin fan. I just think this is an awesome unit now picked up and supported by a golf company.

By the way, you can see aerials of many courses at www.golfflyovers.com in advance before deciding whether you want to buy a course in ProMode. They may not be the exact same aerial shots, but they're close enough to help with a decision. No sense in buying a course in ProMode if it's basically wide open and impossible to lose a ball anyway.

I did check the fine print of exclusions and golfsmith will not give you the 15% for the Upro.

Golfsmith clearly states in the Upro page that the item is excluded from the promotion.

However, Budget Golf will give you 10% off (with the 1overpar coupon code) plus a $30 gift card. Golfland Warehouse will give you $75 off but they are backordered until 6/24.

GPP is selling them at $350 but you could get $10 off for adding them to your facebook/twitter.

Overall, there are some good options to get the Upro at a great price. I received mine a couple of days ago. I haven't used it on the course yet but I already have about 30 courses in it.

I've played one round with it. Reading it outdoors is not as issue at all. I put an Zagg's shield on it and have the lighting at 30% and still didn't have any issues reading it.

Titleist 915D2 9.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3 Wood
Adams Super LS 19* Hybrid
Ping s55 4-PW
Ping Glide Wedges 50* SS, 54* SS, 60* TS
Rife IMO Putter

I've played one round with it. Reading it outdoors is not as issue at all. I put an Zagg's shield on it and have the lighting at 30% and still didn't have any issues reading it.

Thanks,

I put a Zagg shield last night.. and I noticed a small improvement in the "readibility". Coming from a SG5, it is a little bit of a transition for me but I really like the unit so far.

Thanks guys (especially "Wish I Could Play More"), for all the support! We are working very hard. You can always email me for questions or updates. Getting new information later today on stock levels.

Thank You,

Nick@

GolfLandWarehouse

Favorite Golfer: Tiger Woods
Favorite Course Played: Cypress Point
Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged
Putter: Scotty Cameron CLN 1997
Driver: My Stage 2 Three Wood
Favorite Store: GolflandWarehouse.com