2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Golf Guru 4

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, well I can't get the guru 4 because of customs and backorders, and I can't get the refurb grayscale because of out of stock. I think the technical support team is topnotch, but starting to doubt the sales support team. Action speaks louder than words. And we all know which of those two we've had enough of lately! Still hanging in there to save $50 on the refurb...barely. I would think that with the trade in special going on, that these refurbs would be piling up by now. Hmmm... maybe they sent them ALL to customs!?

*UPDATE*- Just got off the phone with GG sales, and they say they are receiving the units tonight or tomorrow morning. Shipments should begin no later than tomorrow, and all backorders should be cleared by Saturday. But if I want a refurb grayscale, the trade ins will receive their guru 4 first and then send the grayscale in. I was told another 30 days on the refurb. Killing me. :fool:

*UPDATE*- Just got off the phone with GG sales, and they say they are receiving the units tonight or tomorrow morning. Shipments should begin no later than tomorrow, and all backorders should be cleared by Saturday. But if I want a refurb grayscale, the trade ins will receive their guru 4 first and then send the grayscale in. I was told another 30 days on the refurb. Killing me. :fool:

How many other GPS companies have a trade-in / trade-up program to even be in a position to offer refurbished units at a discount? Maybe I have just missed SkyGolf's announcement? Heck, when I contacted SkyGolf about transferring my annual membership from an SG2 to an SG5 they basically told me to go pound sand! LOL

Instead of continuing to call Sales, why don't you just talk the main man himself, Darryl Cornish. He is very accessable through the Golf Guru website (Ask the President button) or just ask to speak with him if you have concerns. The Sales people might not have all of the information that you are requesting but I am pretty sure Mr. Cornish will have the answers regarding the long term vision of all the units.

Still no one that can confirm a shipment? 11 days and counting.

I sent them an email to cancel my Guru4 order on Weds. I got a recorded message on my cell phone from GG sales. I just talked to them and they have the units and will start shipping today. They are going to work through the weekend to clear out all of the backorders. They hope to get them all out today and tomorrow, but if there are any that didn't make the mail tomorrow will go out in Mondays mail at the latest.

Rick

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel. While this delay has been extremely frustrating, it seems that there MIGHT be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I just spoke with a GG staffer and he claims that the guru4s will be delivered within the hour and they will begin shipping today. He said all backorders will be shipped by close of business tomorrow.

IF what he says is going to happen actually happens, then you would have your unit by end of next week easily. Of course, I am not counting my ckickens before they hatch.

-Colonel

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel. While this delay has been extremely frustrating, it seems that there MIGHT be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I just spoke with a GG staffer and he claims that the guru4s will be delivered within the hour and they will begin shipping today. He said all backorders will be shipped by close of business tomorrow.

IF what he says is going to happen actually happens, then you would have your unit by end of next week easily. Of course, I am not counting my ckickens before they hatch.

-Colonel

Good news, I was really looking very hard at the Sonniecaddie V300. But I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger when I compared the two units. I was just trying to be patient and wait for some sort of good news!

Still no one that can confirm a shipment? 11 days and counting.

I sent them an email to cancel my Guru4 order on Weds. I got a recorded message on my cell phone from GG sales. I just talked to them and they have the units and will start shipping today. They are going to work through the weekend to clear out all of the backorders. They hope to get them all out today and tomorrow, but if there are any that didn't make the mail tomorrow will go out in Mondays mail at the latest.

Rick

Really? I just got off of the phone with sales and they said they are expecting the units within the hour. I think they are feeling the pressure and telling people what they want to hear in order for them not to cancel orders. I'm sick of the sales dept. and now they say that they won't have any new G002s in for 2-3 weeks. They also said that they didn't know what the production future holds for the G002, but all models would continue to be supported in functionality. They are starting to sound like our politicians.

According to Rickochet he has personally talked to them and they have the units in hand.

IMO - A week delay for a quality product is not a big deal.

For those wanting a gray scale unit there will be plenty of them in 30 days with all of the trade-ins come in. Why would you want to buy a new one when you get the same warranty and a cheaper price for a trade-in.

*UPDATE*

The site has confirmed that shipment of the new guru 4 has now began. Anybody with email confirmations? I know that the G002 refurbs will be coming in soon, but it's just frustrating as hell when I've been researching and contemplating which unit I want for a couple of months and then, when I finally decide to pull the trigger, I have a misfire. Somebody want to say "you snooze you lose?"

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel.

Based on projected shipping this weekend I did not cancel my order.

I just checked the GG website and it now says all backorders will be filled by the 15th which is Wednesday. More BS from someone. I wish they would get their stories straight. I explained how I really needed it for a golf outing next weekend. If it ships on the 15th that won't happen. This is the last time I ever pre-order anything particularly paying for it at the time of purchase.

Just guess but maybe they only got a partial shipment Friday.

I got a shipping confirmation today, and I ordered on June 23rd. So they are moving along quite rapidly I would say. You will probably make it by your trip!

I just got my shipping confirmation two minutes ago that it said it shipped yesterday. I checked the tracking number and USPS said it had received the electronic info today so I don't know if the package is actually enroute or. At least something is happening.

Rick

Rick,

Sorry to hear that you have decided to cancel.

Based on projected shipping this weekend I did not cancel my order.

I just checked the GG website and it now says all backorders will be filled by the 15th which is Wednesday. More BS from someone. I wish they would get their stories straight. I explained how I really needed it for a golf outing next weekend. If it ships on the 15th that won't happen. This is the last time I ever pre-order anything particularly paying for it at the time of purchase.

Just guess but maybe they only got a partial shipment Friday.

I got a shipping confirmation today, and I ordered on June 23rd. So they are moving along quite rapidly I would say. You will probably make it by your trip!

I just got my shipping confirmation two minutes ago that it said it shipped yesterday. I checked the tracking number and USPS said it had received the electronic info today so I don't know if the package is actually enroute or. At least something is happening.

Rick

USPS is kind of slow with updates on package tracking so don't fret. Plus it is a weekend so you won't get a lot of updates. I would say that you will probably get your package by Monday or at late Tuesday. GG said that they were hard pressed to get all of the units out by today and at the latest Monday. I would say they are really working hard to make that deadline...

Rick

USPS is kind of slow with updates on package tracking so don't fret. Plus it is a weekend so you won't get a lot of updates. I would say that you will probably get your package by Monday or at late Tuesday. GG said that they were hard pressed to get all of the units out by today and at the latest Monday. I would say they are really working hard to make that deadline...

Yep, I would say they are burning the midnight oil. The email I received showed that the USPS received the electronic info at 10:10pm on Friday.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are receiving some positive action. Unfortunatley my chicken hasn't left the nest as of yet.

Hang in there Colonel. Things seem to be actually moving. I just checked and my package was last scanned by the USPS in Austin, TX at 9:12 last night. The Golf Guru confimation email has a tracking link using both Endicia.com and the USPS website. I am guessing mine will get here about Tues.