2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell rebate program is not sincere

King of Slime

rebate
Edwin Watts Golf catalogue advertised a Bushnell Tour V2 W Pinseeker (laser range finder) for $349.99. It also advertised a $50.00 rebate for sending in the proof of purchase information. I had to look up on the internet what they wanted. I thought I sent in everything they required to get my rebate. However, of the 5 things they needed to prove I bought the darn thing, I had neglected to send in the UPC. I had less than week to satisfy their time requirement. Unfortunately, I must have thrown the box away as I could not find it. Therefore, I was ineligle to receive the rebate. I am willing to bet Bushnell, and, or Edwin Watts Golf, or both thought this ingenious plan of confusion up to save a lot of rebates from having been paid. I am very disappointed in both companies and will never purchase a product from them again. This is a very expensive tool and was handled in a very cheaply marketed fashion.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the last time I did a mail in rebate and they DIDN'T want the UPC code.

Sorry you misplaced the box, but this is standard operating procedure across EVERY mail-in rebate offer.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

I don't understand why you blame Bushnell and Edwin Watts for your problem. I bought a Pro 1600 Tournament Edition, downloaded the form that must be completed and mailed in along with supporting documentation that ensures you are not trying to con them. I received my rebate about 4 weeks after mailing the required documentation.

I have never participated in a rebate program that didn't require proof of purchase and the UPC bar code.

Sorry for your misfortune, but the blame lies at your feet. Enjoy your product and let this be a lesson learned.

Ping G30 10.5* Driver
Callaway Big Bertha 815 14* Fairway
Cobra Z-Fly 3-4 & 4-5 Hybrids
Mizuno MP30 5-PW
Ping Glide GW SW LW
SC Studio Design 1.5 Black Pearl

It's very typical to send in the actual UPC section of the box, but it's also very typical for the whole process to be difficult. They want to advertise the $50 rebate, and make it difficult to obtain, so a certain number of consumers don't do it out of laziness. Saves Bushnell money, and they get a good advertisement theme.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

King of Slime, you made a mistake, we all do. I completely understand your beef.... you bought the product legitimately, you had the original receipt and all you want them to do is pay you your rebate, which I think is absolutely legitimate since you DID pay for the product. I personally believe it's a BS technicality for them to not have to send you YOUR $50.

Kinda like you bet your buddy in a golf game and he beat you..... BUT you saw him score what he did, his score is on the scorecard which you kept, but you refuse to pay him because he didn't add it to his USGA handicap online... I know kinda stupid but I think it makes sense :fool:

I'd make 1 more phone call to a manager...Also check at Edwin Watts, they may take it back even without the box.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

I can't remember the last time I did a mail in rebate and they DIDN'T want the UPC code.

Sorry you misplaced the box, but this is standard operating procedure across EVERY mail-in rebate offer.

+1

Don't blame Bushnell or Edwin Watts.

GHIN Index: 18.0
PING G30 10.5 R
Cobra F7 14.5
Cobra F6 Baffler 19
Mashie+ m4
MacGregor M565 5-GW Rifle 4.5 R flex
Callaway MD2 52.9, 56.11 wedges
Rife Aussie Mallet 34"
Maxfli U/6 Tour Soft

King of Slime, you made a mistake, we all do. I completely understand your beef.... you bought the product legitimately, you had the original receipt and all you want them to do is pay you your rebate, which I think is absolutely legitimate since you DID pay for the product. I personally believe it's a BS technicality for them to not have to send you YOUR $50.

Kinda like you bet your buddy in a golf game and he beat you..... BUT you saw him score what he did, his score is on the scorecard which you kept, but you refuse to pay him because he didn't add it to his USGA handicap online... I know kinda stupid but I think it makes sense :fool:

I'd make 1 more phone call to a manager...Also check at Edwin Watts, they may take it back even without the box.

Are you kidding? What's to stop someone from buying the product and then making a copy of the receipt for 10 of his friends so they can all make a quick $50? The UPC code is the most important part of any rebate.

I bought a Bushnell and received the rebate without any problem. It wasn't difficult or confusing at all, everything was clearly stated on the rebate form. Sorry, but the OP doesn't have a leg to stand on here. If he found this rebate too confusing to do correctly, what's going to happen when he has to do something really difficult, like tying his own shoes?

+1

Don't blame Bushnell or Edwin Watts.

+2

I bought a Bushnell and sent everything that was required and received my rebate. What is the problem here?

Driver-Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3Wood -Cobra F8 Irons-Srixon ZX7 3-PW Wedges-Haywood Putter-Seemore M1W Ball-Snell MTBX, Vice Pro Plus

It's a little hard to feel anger towards Edwin Watts or Bushnell because you couldn't follow instructions.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I don't get it either, have sold quite a few of these and have told every customer to send in the UPC with receipt. There's no scam here, you simply didn't read the rebate. Its $50...move on its not Edwin Watts or Bushenll's fault.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

I don't understand why you blame Bushnell and Edwin Watts for your problem. I bought a Pro 1600 Tournament Edition, downloaded the form that must be completed and mailed in along with supporting documentation that ensures you are not trying to con them. I received my rebate about 4 weeks after mailing the required documentation.

I have never participated in a rebate program that didn't require proof of purchase and the UPC bar code.

Sorry for your misfortune, but the blame lies at your feet. Enjoy your product and let this be a lesson learned.

+1... The only person responsible for not receiving your refund is YOU.

Wow no sympathy from anyone here for the OP :aggressive: .....he threw away the box, obviously made a mistake. My point above was that he still bought the product legitimately....why should a UPC code be the end of and be all for him not getting his $50?

Simple to figure this out: Bushnell rep: place a call to the store where he purchased from. Get confirmation that he bought it (match product with date, address etc. on the receipt. And give him his $50 rebate. Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy

Potential loss of a customer over $50 rebate that they are offering? Not good customer service IMO.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

The original UPC/Proof of Purchase cut from the package is the only proof you are entitled to a rebate that isn't easy to duplicate.

I'm happy to beef about the rebate process, and what a chore it is, and how companies make it so difficult, but if you go through the process and send in everything BUT the UPC/Proof of Purchase, then you've pretty much just got to look in the mirror and blame that guy.

I've had an excellent customer service experience with Bushnell - they run an admirable business in my book.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade Qi10 15*, Hzrdus Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Srixon ZX Utility 3i 20*, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Odyssey TriHot 5k Seven CH, 35"

Wow no sympathy from anyone here for the OP :aggressive: .....he threw away the box, obviously made a mistake. My point above was that he still bought the product legitimately....why should a UPC code be the end of and be all for him not getting his $50?

Simple to figure this out: Bushnell rep: place a call to the store where he purchased from. Get confirmation that he bought it (match product with date, address etc. on the receipt. And give him his $50 rebate. Easy Peasy Lemon Sqeezy

Potential loss of a customer over $50 rebate that they are offering? Not good customer service IMO.

Not saying the OP would be dishonest and do this - but here's why this will not work. Say the OP tells Bushnell that he accidently trashed the UPC but actually did not, gets Bushnell to call Edwin Watts and verifies he did purchase this item and OP gets rebate. Then OP asks a friend to go buy exact same item, get a receipt and make a copy of the receipt then return the item for a full refund, then files for the rebate. So that is $50 dollars Bushnell will be shorted.

Again, not saying the OP is doing this - just pointing out a reason you have to supply both a UPC and POP.

Let me see if I have this straight. It's Bushnell's responsibility to prove the customer purchased the product in order to issue a rebate? I'm sorry the OP didn't get his rebate, but he needs to do any and all legwork to prove that he's entitled to it.

Let me see if I have this straight. It's Bushnell's responsibility to prove the customer purchased the product in order to issue a rebate? I'm sorry the OP didn't get his rebate, but he needs to do any and all legwork to prove that he's entitled to it.

and considering almost every mail-in rebate program is handled by a company that did not sell nor make the product, this is never going to happen. this is a prime example as to why i do not factor in a mail-in rebate for the cost of an item. it costs the amount i have to put up front. not what they want to believe it costs after 8-12 weeks of waiting for a check that may or may not get sent even if i give them what they need/request.

I definitely wouldn't take it out on either place. The main reason rebates require the UPC from the box is to stop people from buying a product, sending in the form, and returning it. Retailers won't take the product back without a UPC. Maybe if you're really lucky, you could get Edwin Watts to contact Bushnell on your behalf. Walk in with the unit and receipt (hopefully you'll have a copy or they can look it up) and just be very nice, put yourself at their mercy, and hope for the best. Also, going into the shop at a slow time would probably be ideal.

what you dont know about rebates :

often times they are not handled by the company themselves, they are contracted out to a third party and believe it or not it's not always in their best interest for your rebate to pass, if fact the more rebates they end up on the deny list the more they (the third party) can profit.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Call Bushnell and tell them in no uncertain terms that you either get your $50 rebate, or it goes back to the store as defective. It really won't cost Watts anything as they'll just return it to Bushnell. Let Bushnell eat their $50 rebate. Be sure to ask them how it tastes.

I avoid mail in rebate offers like the plague... Staples for example, (where everything has a Mail in Rebate) claims that up to 70% of those rebate forms are never mailed in, or are not according to the instructions, or are not mailed in time... So the OEM has discounted his product by $50, knowing full well that 2/3 of the rebates won't be paid.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

You guys realize that Bushnell is a For-Profit company right......?

We all know how rebates work, we all know why they do them, lets move past that point.

Rebates are all the same, and you can't call and threaten the manufacturer just because you were to lazy, or lived under a rock and have never submitted a rebate before and didn't understand how they work.

Now, calling them and being reasonable and asking what, if anything, they can do for you because you F'd up but would like some help, may be appropriate.

I think if a legitimate proof of purchase is given Bushnell should give him the rebate, even if it's not the UPC

I have worked in retail a long time, and I could print out 100 receipts and the do a refund as a later transaction. Without asking for a UPC code, Bushnell (or whoever handles ther rebates) would get taken for a large sum of money.

I know it's a pain to have to jump through hoops to get something that is legitimately owed to you, but it's really the only way a company can protect themselves from scams.