Is it a requirement to post here?

aec4

To be < 2.0 HI, drive it 320+, etc etc?
It's amazing to me that less than 1% of all golfers keeping a handicap are scratch golfers, and 70% of them are all posting here! It's also annoying that I know there are VERY FEW PEOPLE in the world who drive it 320+ all the time, and miraculously, they all seem to post here too! Same holds true for those with 125+ MPH driver swing speeds!

Are there any golfers around a 5.0 here, who maybe drive it 270, hit a 4 iron 210, swing speed around 108-109... you know, I'm not even asking for "normal" 90 mph swing speeds.. I'm giving some leeway...

You guys can't ALL hit it that long, and play that good.. It's not possible.

Ok, my rant is over.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you feel better, I only average about 300+ off the tee. My 125MPH swing speed has dropped to 117 due to tendonitis. And my handicap is 7 due to short game issues.

You will find that the majority of people on internet golf sites are equipment fiends. Most of the average golfers you are looking for are content with clubs off the rack and are not interested in sites that specialize in Tour equipment. So, to answer your other issue, a larger quantity of low hcp, high speed, long distance golfers will be on here.

Enjoy the site for what it is. Because it is possible.... :golfer:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I think one thing I have learned on this site is this: No matter how good you are, there is always someone better.

That is one of the main reasons I keep going to the range and putting green. What fun would it be to be the best (besides having millions, a large boat, and a hot blonde wife)

In my circle of friends I am the best golfer, but when I read posts here, I learn that there are people that can smoke me day in and day out. To me, that is what makes reading here fun. If I can't shoot below par, at least I can read about a Joe Schmoe that can.

Any way, I just take it at face value and enjoy the insight of those here that know more than me, and 9 times out of 10, I learn something.

If it makes you feel better, I only average about 300+ off the tee. My 125MPH swing speed has dropped to 117 due to tendonitis. And my handicap is 7 due to short game issues.

You will find that the majority of people on internet golf sites are equipment fiends. Most of the average golfers you are looking for are content with clubs off the rack and are not interested in sites that specialize in Tour equipment. So, to answer your other issue, a larger quantity of low hcp, high speed, long distance golfers will be on here.

Enjoy the site for what it is. Because it is possible.... :golfer:

I agree with your general premise. Avg Joe Hack is not on here posting, looking at tour issue equipment, etc.

However, I also know this... It's impossible for 70% of the countries scratch golfers to all post here. Well maybe not impossible, but EXTREMELY unlikely. I bet you there are more people on here who claim to be a 2.0 or better than actually are if I go through the GHIN database and see.

In other words... I think a lot of people here are lying.

Also, in terms of tour issue equipment... I think a lot of people would rather have "Tour Issue" equipment that doesn't fit them with an XX shaft tipped like 3 feet (I'm being sarcastic) just to say they use it instead of getting properly fit, and having a better chance to play to the 2.0 they claim to be.

Bottom line is this. This site is great for entertainment value alone! There are some funny posts, interesting arguments, and great topics to discuss among people who enjoy this addicting game as much as you do. If you didn't enjoy golf, you wouldn't be posting on here to begin with. Sure, golf is a little like fishing, everyone has their glory stories, and a lot of us like to verbally inflate our abilities. I know how good, or bad, I am. That's all that matters to me. And, if in discussing this wonderful game, I happen to meet a few others that have a passion for it like I do, then that's a bonus. I could care less if you lie about your swing speed, carry distance, or handicap. I could care less if you can outdrive me, or I can blow it past you. I just hope I can provide some useful information for someone, get a good laugh, and have a virtual beer with some golf lovers. That's why I post on here anyway.

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

It's amazing to me that less than 1% of all golfers keeping a handicap are scratch golfers, and 70% of them are all posting here! It's also annoying that I know there are VERY FEW PEOPLE in the world who drive it 320+ all the time, and miraculously, they all seem to post here too! Same holds true for those with 125+ MPH driver swing speeds!

Are there any golfers around a 5.0 here, who maybe drive it 270, hit a 4 iron 210, swing speed around 108-109... you know, I'm not even asking for "normal" 90 mph swing speeds.. I'm giving some leeway...

Ok, my rant is over.

You know, I thought roughly the same thing when I first joined this site, then I just thought there was a ton of exaggeration going on (which I'm sure there is some).

Now I've realized that when someone posts a comment and mentions their uber-low handicap I recognize their name as one who's either mentioned it before or someone who made posts with a really good point about swing mechanics/equipment, etc.

Already too long of an explanation to basically say I see a lot of the same people making a lot of posts, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those making regular contributions on a golf board were good low handicap players.

BTW, 2.1 hdcp (but think of myself as a 5), avg drive 270's, 4 iron around 210 yards, swing speed around 108-109. (cool) :golfer:

Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
Titleist 909F3 15.5
Nike VR-S Covert Tour #3
Mizuno MP-59
Miura Black Wedge Series 52,56,60
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2

I must not be reading this board enough....I really don't see people claiming high swing speeds, the virtue of "Tour" is best, or regular Joe Blows who are + golfers here. One of the primary goals of this site was to have a place where people can learn and the quality of their golf game was not the end all and be all of their persona. It escapes me how immature some people are on these boards when I get responses like:

"I'll wring your neck if I ever see you and take your money on the course."

"I played with so and so and I'll kick your Word not allowed"

Everything is relative to everybody. Its up to you and only you to be the filter. There are alot of good, passionate, and dedicated golfers and golf professionals on this board but, balance and common sense should be your guide. Discussion boards are just like watching the News, there's always a slant, bias, or marketing angle. Just know your source...

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I'll make everyone feel better...

I'm a 22 HC with a 225-260 yard drive (when I hit it square), and the only difference right now between me and a hacker is I'm serious about the game and really want to get down to a single digit HC. I started playing last year, and I can't tell you how much little tips I pick up here help me to improve my game and just enjoy golf more. And as a new golfer, I'd rather come to a site like this were everyone is better than me. I know I'm always going to find the answer I need to a problem on the course, and it gives me goals to strive for.

Ace,

Dig a little deeper in this site. You will see a lot of people with various skills posting here. Overall, I think this site might be the most realistic bunch of people i have found on a golf message board. There are some really good players, some big bombers, and average joes intermixed. You can even find some people that admit to playing REGULAR flexed shafts. The threads you are reading might have more of the scratch golfers, but if you go into the domestic equiptment forum you will find as many posts about game improvement clubs as you do about blades.

Titleist 915D3 | Rogue Black 70
Titleist 915F | Rogue Black 80
Titleist 915H | Diamana D+ 90
Mizuno MP-53 | KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX | DG S200
Taylor Made Ghost Spider

I agree with a lot of the posts. I could say that I hit my driver 315 yards and that would be true. However, I average about 280 with the driver, 195 4 iron, 130 wedge, and play to a 5 hdcp. It seems that when most people report thier driving distance they report how far the ball goes when they hit it well. They do not add into the equation the few drives that they snap hook 150 yards down the fairway. You can talk all you want, but on the course your ability talks for you!

Ok, my rant is over.

Dude you got the wrong website......

My SS is 110ish I carry the ball 270 on a good day and my handicap is 6.9 .

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Ok, my rant is over.

You are right, it's worse over there, but it's bad here too.

Ok, my rant is over.

You are right, it's worse over there, but it's bad here too.

oh yeah and I only play a "stiff" in the driver :golfer:

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

why are there so many posts that constantly question the authenticity of this website? who cares if people lie, it's not like this website is a competition to see who has the lowest hdcp, highest SS, or stiffest shaft. Enjoy the site for the amount of information that is on it and be happy that us golfers have a place to come and teach and learn.

mike olson

Is this turning into a "What's your handicap" thread? Seems like I saw one of those in the Juniors forum and got a laugh out of some of the responses. I guess The First Tee has a lot to do with that.

Mainly I come here because I found a thread about it over there in that other review forum. I like reading what's new, seeing the TOUR pics and what's in everyone's bag.

Generally, there is a great membership here as far as posters are concerned and their patience with the new guys that become members. I just wish more people would use the "search" feature and not just start a new thread where the same sort of thread could have been found by just scrolling down the board a bit.

This site has become my new "go to" site when I am online. Now once Football season comes around, I'll head back to that message board.

If you go to TGC's site and read some of the comments by Frank you will see that most amatuer golfers are playing shafts in their drivers and fairway woods that are too stiff. Maybe that is why you see so and so playing the XXX flex and tipped to three feet types of posts.

This is a great site, sure there are good golfers here and yes maybe some of them are stretching the truth a bit on what they are playing and where they are hitting it, but aside from that this is a great place. You'll find that it is not just here though. Go to some of the hunting forums out there or fishing forums, it happens there too. I've seen it.

FWIW, my GHIN is 18.2 and I play regular shafts in my Driver and FW woods :golfer:

I am a 8 handicap. Don't know my swing speed but average 265 with the big dog and it a 4 iron 210. I can see your point. Especially the guy who averages 320 with his driver. What a load of BS. Why do people want to lie? And it also seems like there are alot of oturing pros and q-school candidates. Just be honest people.

so what us here who do hit it 320 have to lie? i am one who can hit it that length when i pull out my driver those 3 times a round. i am also a scratch with a +.5 index, so i am sorry for telling the truth. dont just be jealous, because some people can hit it a long ways. BTW i am a junior golfer and i dont appreciate you calling people liars when you dont even know us.

....................................You guys can't ALL hit it that long, and play that good.. It's not possible.

Ok, my rant is over.

aec4 - you're right about that. That "Other" website is much, much worse for the "Playa" statistics. It's downright laughable at times. :golfer: I find a much more balanced mix of golfers here on GolfWRX.

....................................You guys can't ALL hit it that long, and play that good.. It's not possible.

Ok, my rant is over.

aec4 - you're right about that. That "Other" website is much, much worse for the "Playa" statistics. It's downright laughable at times. :golfer: I find a much more balanced mix of golfers here on GolfWRX.

Much, much more balanced. Anytime someone posts they hit their driver 300+, the ignore light turns on. And I don't know what website ace4 is reading, but this is not the one with a ton of posts on everyone's sub 2 index and 320 drives. Try to compile a list, it's no different than taking a poll at your local club. A few exaggerations, a few sandbaggers, lots in the middle. In the end, it's harmless. I rarely see it outlandish claims here, but maybe that's because I have the ignore light on.

Ok, my rant is over.

Much, much more balanced. Anytime someone posts they hit their driver 300+, the ignore light turns on. And I don't know what website ace4 is reading, but this is not the one with a ton of posts on everyone's sub 2 index and 320 drives. Try to compile a list, it's no different than taking a poll at your local club. A few exaggerations, a few sandbaggers, lots in the middle. In the end, it's harmless. I rarely see it outlandish claims here, but maybe that's because I have the ignore light on.

Well spoken. Having been around for a while, I just ignore the bragging, true or not, who cares.

I feel there's a more evenly balanced demographic golfers here than some of other sites. I only take value of the poster's contributions to forums, not one's own playing abilities.

I wish I can hit 4 iron 210 yards and hit my drives 300+, but I can't unless I find a cart path or couple of sprinkler heads along the way. As of this morning, I carry +1.7 hc but it's about to go up to 1-3 after today's revision that reflects my recent poor playing, no excuses for sucking but I have done very well in several nice tournaments in the past that no one can take it away from me.

I don't really recall that many threads with that kind of bragging though, maybe few though.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Just the thought, the idea, that the average guy on Golfwrx can hit 300 yard drives and is a 0 handi or a + handi is just wrong...........BUT!...........All the guy in Bag Chatter, we are all scratch or better, and all of us in there hit their drives 300+.....Let's see....there's kascopro, theinsider, 63wagon, Boonie, amajeski, chainsaw, Cory, AKFLY, Cup, alcap, golfhuna, br61, MrParr1Noid, Pittbull, beruo, JHR, Golfwrx, Demolitionman, PMHacker, Dyno, and a few other, hell man, we're all scratch golfers.........At least on Chat we are. (cool) Late at night there are guys on there who've hit their drivers over 400 yards too.....These Guys Are Good! :D

p.s. We used to let some of the jrs in but they were outdriving us so we had to shut them out. :golfer:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Just the thought, the idea, that the average guy on Golfwrx can hit 300 yard drives and is a 0 handi or a + handi is just wrong...........BUT!...........All the guy in Bag Chatter, we are all scratch or better, and all of us in there hit their drives 300+.....Let's see....there's kascopro, theinsider, 63wagon, Boonie, amajeski, chainsaw, Cory, AKFLY, Cup, alcap, golfhuna, br61, MrParr1Noid, Pittbull, beruo, JHR, Golfwrx, Demolitionman, PMHacker, Dyno, and a few other, hell man, we're all scratch golfers.........At least on Chat we are. (cool) Late at night there are guys on there who've hit their drivers over 400 yards too.....These Guys Are Good! :cheesy:

p.s. We used to let some of the jrs in but they were outdriving us so we had to shut them out. :golfer:

We laugh and we joke about the longknockers on here and the guys who are plus handi's but don't kid yourself, there are plenty around here. Longballas and plus handi's aren't the average guy on Golfwrx, but where do you think guys of that caliber congregate to? You got it, they all come here...........I believe that Golfwrx should start a type of Cerification for proving that guys can hit it 300+ and are + handi's, I know, we could call it WRX Certified. :D

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I have an offical 2 handicap but, it should be about a 7. I haven't played to my number in a long while but, for some reason it won't go up...I hit my driver about 265 carry and my four iron about 195 if I actually hit it in the face...I have seen some of what you are saying but like it was said before, you are the filter. You can look at the other posts of the guys that say they hit it 300+ and figure it out...I have hit a few out there before so, maybe I will start putting 300+ on my driver distance...Who cares if it went down the cart path or off a sprinkler...

You love something because you are good at it right? When was the last time you quit something when you were considered decent at it? Then remember the last time you quit something because you were bad at it.

Truth is, when you are good at something, you like it, and you want to talk about it. And that's what GolfWRX is, a place for golfers to talk. Would a golfer who really doesn't give a crap and who isn't the greatest in the world waste his time talking golf online? No, not at all. So, that is why there are so many good players on here, they want to talk golf.

There are millions of golfers out there, and 15,000 memebers here. Even if all of us did meet your criteria, we'd still be a very, very small percent.

And please, know who you are talking about before you make claims. You can post here, it's the internet.

You love something because you are good at it right? When was the last time you quit something when you were considered decent at it? Then remember the last time you quit something because you were bad at it.

Truth is, when you are good at something, you like it, and you want to talk about it. And that's what GolfWRX is, a place for golfers to talk. Would a golfer who really doesn't give a crap and who isn't the greatest in the world waste his time talking golf online? No, not at all. So, that is why there are so many good players on here, they want to talk golf.

There are millions of golfers out there, and 15,000 memebers here. Even if all of us did meet your criteria, we'd still be a very, very small percent.

And please, know who you are talking about before you make claims. You can post here, it's the internet.

And if the % of people here who claim to be 2.0 or less from what I've seen is actually true, there would be more golfers here <= 2.0 than exist according to the GHIN service.

I know exactly what I was doing when I made the claim, thank you very much.