2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

ClicGear 2.0 push cart

JRC101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i HAVE ONE THAT i'VE BEEN USING SINCE TWO YEARS NOW. WHAT I REALLY LIKE IS IT SO COMPACT TO STORE IN THE TRUNK OR THE BASEMENT. IN THE PAST I USED A BAG BOY BUT I DO REALLY MUCH LIKE THAT ONE. FOLD EASY, EASY TO PUSH AND GREAT ACCESOIRES THAT YOU COULD AD ON IT.

THERE IS SOME GOOD PRICE ON EBAY THAT YOU COULD BENEFIT FROM. JUST BOUGHT ONE FOR MY WIFE ON EBAY AND WAS IN GREAT CONDITION FOR THE PRICE.

[quote name='JRC101' post='2114064' date='Dec 9 2009, 01:50 PM']Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money?

Im looking to buy a push cart (usually rent them) im seriously considering this one. But there are much cheaper options available. Ebay is pretty much full price on these, which is weird. Are you just paying for the name or are they that much better?[/quote]

Have one and love it. As described earlier, it folds up and fits nicely in the trunk...is easy to open and you'll like it.

GS sells them for $200...I bought mine from Discount Dan's for $50.00 of that plus they shipped it for free.

Love mine. I have a Clicgear and Bagboy. Like the Clicgear so much better. Bagboy-good Clicgear-great.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Have had a Sun Mountain Speed Cart and sold it for a Clicgear 2.0.

Speed Cart:
+'s was easier to push around on the course and the break was easy to use.
-'s high center of gravity made it tip over often, harder to position correctly when parking on hills, also it took up almost 1 golf bag worth of room in the trunk. Also had to adjust the tracking a few too many time.

Clicgear:
+'s low center of gravity made it very stable, built like a tank, much more balanced and can handle heavy loads, tracks straight.
-'s wide wheels pick up lots of grass that has to be cleaned off after each round, wheels did not seem to roll as freely so perhaps takes a tiny bit more effort to push over the entire round. Also break is not that easy to use.

I would highly recommend the Clicgear over the SM overall.

[quote name='JRC101' post='2114064' date='Dec 9 2009, 10:50 AM']Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money?[/quote]

In a word, yes.
Had it for a year now, worked great. No complaints. Maybe I would get black or silver, not orange though.

GPPgolf has a deal on these currently. That is where I got mine last year.

love mine and my only complain is it needs more effort pushing it on thick grass or wet fairways due to wider tires.

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

[quote name='tinman' post='2114372' date='Dec 9 2009, 01:59 PM']Anyone try the SM micro cart?[/quote]

Yes I own one. I checked out the three wheel offerings from SM and Clicgear but none of them folded down as small as the Micro Cart. I also looked at the Axglo 4 wheel cart that looks to compete with the Micro Cart, but at a lower price point. The quality just seemed lacking in the Axlgo so I ended up buying the Micro Cart.

I'm so happy I went with SM. Very sturdy and well put together. Incredibly light frame. All the features you could want: cup holder, umbrella holder, score card magnet, etc.

Golf Digest recently gave it a favorable review: [url="http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/2009/10/hot_list_pushcarts"]http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/2009/1..._list_pushcarts[/url]

I've had the Clicgear 2.0 for about 150 rounds (2 seasons). I love the low center of gravity (never tipped over), the ease of use (really easy to fold), the airless tires (my buddy always asks people for a pump for his sun mountain v2), the fact that it only takes up 1/2 of the back of my trunk.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='CalgaryGolfer' post='2114549' date='Dec 9 2009, 05:08 PM'][quote name='tinman' post='2114372' date='Dec 9 2009, 01:59 PM']Anyone try the SM micro cart?[/quote]

Yes I own one. I checked out the three wheel offerings from SM and Clicgear but none of them folded down as small as the Micro Cart. I also looked at the Axglo 4 wheel cart that looks to compete with the Micro Cart, but at a lower price point. The quality just seemed lacking in the Axlgo so I ended up buying the Micro Cart.

I'm so happy I went with SM. Very sturdy and well put together. Incredibly light frame. All the features you could want: cup holder, umbrella holder, score card magnet, etc.

Golf Digest recently gave it a favorable review: [url="http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/2009/10/hot_list_pushcarts"]http://www.golfdigest.com/equipment/2009/1..._list_pushcarts[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback.

Adams 9015D w/X con4,Ping G20 w/HD6& [color=#0000CD Mizuno JPX 900 5 & 7 woods,Mashie 3 & 4
Bridgestone J40 DPC’s & S3 Pro’s,Mizuno S7 54 & 58
[color=#FF0000]Bettinardi SS7, BC1,Ping Anser 1968 BeCu

[quote name='ruready' post='2114709' date='Dec 9 2009, 06:20 PM']It's probably how I had my clubs setup in my cart bag but with my Clicgear 2.0, with default upright configuration of the handle, my woods are hitting the compartment. I have to lower the handles on the Clicgear. It's not a problem, only minor nuisance.[/quote]

I had the same issue, but I just moved the woods to the top and wedges to the bottom. Problem solved. I love the cart, especially the kiwi color!

Ping Rapture 14 Stiff Saishin (sp)
Ping Rapture 21 vs Proto Stiff
Ping Zing 4-SW Stiff
Ping Eye 2 Plus LW
Ping Cadence B65

Well... they had the "Bag Boy Express 200" on clearance for 99$ so i ended up buying that. Easy to push, cup holder, ball holder, tee holders, scorecard holder, foam wheels, hang the umbrella on the handle... cool. Only drawback is its not as compact as the others.

The ClinicGear 2.0 is nice allthough it has more weight to push, the SM micro seems nice as well, i wasent to crazy about the 4 wheels. The Sm V1 (Or was it V2?) was probably my favorite out of the bunch, but its not compact so the price isnt justified imo.

Im braving the cold tomorrow to play a round (supposed to be 33, brrr). Hopefully this cart performs, if not i will probably return it and get the SM micro.

Edit: They also had the BB Express 240 for 125$, but the console features sucked compared to the 200 imo, except for the hand brake.

The most important thing is... you're walking! :)

I picked the SM V1 because the courses around here are frequently wet/muddy, and not very hilly. This means that the narrow air tires in the V1 are easier to push than the wider tires of the Clicgear, and the higher COG isn't as important. I think they are both great products, and I did dig the Kiwi Clicgear!

Have mine for 2 years now. Love it! Definitely worth it in my opinion. Lightweight and folds to compact size, takes up less trunk space. Had a Bag Boy prior to this one and was too bulky and space consuming in my car. Also love the wheels/tires. No maintenance at all with having to inflate tires with tubing. This doesn't have that. Hope this helps.

I'm curious about the compatibility of stand bags with the Clicgear cart. I've read in other threads that the stand mechanism doesn't always fit well.

I own a Sun Mountain Speedcart and MBP bag and I am very interested in picking up a Clicgear.(I spend way too much time on GolfWRX. :D) Any feedback would be appreciated.

[quote name='DAMolineOD' post='2115220' date='Dec 9 2009, 07:04 PM']I'm curious about the compatibility of stand bags with the Clicgear cart. I've read in other threads that the stand mechanism doesn't always fit well.

I own a Sun Mountain Speedcart and MBP bag and I am very interested in picking up a Clicgear.(I spend way too much time on GolfWRX. :D) Any feedback would be appreciated.[/quote]

I use a ogio grom bag with my clicgear haven't had a problem with it shifting around. course I play at is hilly on the back 9.

btw had the original speedcart and replaced it with the clicgear. haven't regretted since I got it.

[quote name='JRC101' post='2114064' date='Dec 9 2009, 01:50 PM']Anyone have one of these? Are they worth the money?

Im looking to buy a push cart (usually rent them) im seriously considering this one. But there are much cheaper options available. Ebay is pretty much full price on these, which is weird. Are you just paying for the name or are they that much better?[/quote]

I've had one for the last two golf seasons.....best push cart I've ever used.

I'm 6'5" tall and use it with ease....my ten year old son will walk up next to me and want to push it some holes, too, with both our bags loaded on it.....he can adjust it on the fly with supreme ease and push it.

It is a very well made cart....extremely solid.

It will fold into a very small space and fit on the floor of the backseat of most cars...very nice feature.

It deploys in mere seconds....you will amaze yourself.

Get the Clicgear 2.0 and I assure you that $$$ will never be regretted.

[quote name='Dub' post='2115626' date='Dec 10 2009, 05:42 AM']I'm 6'5" tall and use it with ease....my ten year old son will walk up next to me and want to push it some holes, too, with both our bags loaded on it.....he can adjust it on the fly with supreme ease and push it.[/quote]

How do you get two bags on it?

I bought two Clicgear carts- one for me and one for my son- he was 10 at the time and has no problem handling all aspects of this cart (folding/unfolding/pushing).

I debated for awhile on which push cart...Clicgear or SM. I bought the clicgear (6 months ago) because of it's tires (do not have to fill) and it's portability.

Since then I have joined a club that uses the SM carts. I must admit that I think I like the SM a little bit more. Reasons - Clicgear tires pick up a LOT of grass and mud making them more difficult to push (and clean). Also, the SM has two "nets" to put stuff in plus a tray/container. The clickgear only has a container.
With the SM, I can pull off all headcovers and place them in the lower net with a bunch of other stuff. The upper net can hold stuff also (GPS, cigars, food, etc..). The clickgear has no nets and the container will hold my GPS and that's it. I wish the clicgear had a cargo net or at least to add one.

The SM seemed to roll easier through the rough and slop better. I really do like the clicgear, especially its ease of folding and storing. But after using both, I have to give the SM a slightly better score.

I think if your primary concern is space needed for transporting and storing the cart, then the Clicgear is the way to go.

If you look at it more from a performance while in use stance, then the Sun Mountain is more of the workhorse.

I have the Sun Mountain V1, and I really like all the features, including the pneumatic tires. I check them once at the beginning of the season and they stay inflated until they freeze in the shed during the winter.

My golf buddy has the Clicgear. He drives a little car and it folds up nicely to fit his trunk. When we have the "push and see how far it will roll" races, he always loses by many yards. His Clicgear, nice as it is, just does not roll as well or as easily as my Sun Mountain. In wet conditions the differences are even more glaring. My bicycle like tires roll through the muck easier and collect way less gunk than the wide tank like treads of the Clicgear.

Under most conditions, you can't go wrong with either cart, they are both quality built and really do make walking a pleasure. My cart is 4 or 5 years old and still looks like it will last forever. I think the Clicgear would be the last cart you would buy as well. They are both built very, very well.

It just depends whether your main concern is transporting, or work horsing.

One last thought: Don't go cheap. There are some way off brand ones sold on Ebay and in discount sport stores. Just because they look like a good one, doesn't meant they will perform or last like a good one. If you spend $200 and the cart last you 20 years, it's money well spent.

X________________________________ Sign Here