2024 US Open WITB Photos Γ—

Logging in....

jrk

"Remember Me" does not seem to work...
Sorry for a redundant post if this is such, but ever since the site upgrade, I've always had to login every time I visit the site, and I've always checked remember me...it just doesn't remember me at all. I'm using the same computer I've always used and no changes on my side that I'm aware of. Never had this problem since being a member (2006). Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Randy Kight

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jrk' date='25 January 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1264469557' post='2203996']
Sorry for a redundant post if this is such, but ever since the site upgrade, I've always had to login every time I visit the site, and I've always checked remember me...it just doesn't remember me at all. I'm using the same computer I've always used and no changes on my side that I'm aware of. Never had this problem since being a member (2006). Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Randy Kight
[/quote]
[size="5"][color="#0000ff"]
[size="2"]Same thing for me. Everytime I close IE this happens. The "remain signed in for 30 days" doesn't seem to register when I re-open IE. This is extremely annoying especially since there is a re-direct everytime you want to sign in. Please fix programmers.[/size]
[/color][/size]

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

[quote name='JTYP726' date='25 January 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1264469766' post='2204006']
[quote name='jrk' date='25 January 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1264469557' post='2203996']

Randy Kight
[/quote]
[size="5"][color="#0000ff"]
[size="2"]Same thing for me. Everytime I close IE this happens. The "remain signed in for 30 days" doesn't seem to register when I re-open IE. This is extremely annoying especially since there is a re-direct everytime you want to sign in. Please fix programmers.[/size]
[/color][/size]
[/quote]

I'm also being sent to a re-direct on sign in before actually being signed in...

The redirect is part of the single sign on process for GolfWRX when you initially logon to any applications we run now. Its a problem related to IE at the moment and being looked at per other threads in this forum. It does keep you logged in if you use other browsers.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I'm using the latest version of Firefox and not experiencing issues. There are known login/remember me issues and we are working on that. In the meantime, you can try chrome or Firefox.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

[quote name='jrk' date='30 January 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1264876186' post='2214514']
I'm using safari, but every time I log off and come back to the site, I'm ask to log back in. I've set "Remember Me" every time, but it doesn't want to take it would seem.
[/quote]
Same for me with both my iMac and my iPhone. It is pretty annoying.

Definetly no problems with my iphone. There is another thread where people have updated their Safari and or tried chrome with success.

BST AD Help

An update...I noticed that my book mark to golfwrx.com that I've been using since day one (several years) had an address of www.golfwrx.com/jvb. This is the link that always has me re-authenticate. I typed in www.golfwrx.com into my address bar instead of taking my normal bookmark, and it took me to the new site front end which has me already authenticated. I tested this several times and no re-authentication needed. I removed the older bookmark and replaced with the new.

Hope this may help others with this issue.

Randy

I get the redirect to the Forum root on mobile Safari on my iPhone but not when using FF on my laptop. With Chrome, even when I select "remain logged in for 30 days", when I leave the site and come back, I have to manually click "Sign In" but don't have to re-enter ID/PW. OpenID is a bit quirky huh Ryan?

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

I am not experiencing this issues on safari, or Firefox. I need to know browser, version and exact steps taken so the developers can look at it. Also, please be sure your login page is www.golfwrx.com and not the other one as previously posted.

BST AD Help

I'm using IE & I still have to sign in every time I access the site even though I check remember me. Also when I do sign in & check new posts there's nothing there. They will only start to populate from my log in time. I used to be able to go directly to site & have all new posts from the past 12-24hrs already there. any ideas or is it going to be set up like this permanently. thanks

[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='30 January 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1264876385' post='2214522']
I'm using the latest version of Firefox and not experiencing issues. There are known login/remember me issues and we are working on that. In the meantime, you can try chrome or Firefox.
[/quote]

I'm using the same version, and I have to log in every time, so maybe it's a settings thing on the browser?

Same here - still. I've redirected my bookmark to the front page. Worked for a while but then got a prompted sign in. I'm discouraged there is not a way to direct straight to the forum page as we were able to do with the old site. I feel I've posted a lot in this forum (on varying issues) but honestly this forum has easily become the most aggravating site to navigate that I visit. Not trying to bust anyone's hind end. Just pass along to the developers if necessary.

Bookmark http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/ if you want to access the main forums directly instead of going through the homepage (although we like having members check out the front page).

Β 

The login system is now OpenID and it is a bit quirky. I have no issues remaining logged in using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Firefox 3.6 but the current Google Chrome beta for Mac is hit or miss - sometimes it loads the forum home not signed in but then reloads automatically as logged in but other times it forces me to manually login.

Β 

As for the "New Content" results, you can try changing this setting under My Settings > General Settings > Near the bottom

Β 

post-15339-1264920765262.png

Β 

Be advised if you choose the latter of the two options, the loading times will be significantly increased.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

[quote name='Sid Vicious' date='12 February 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1266004737' post='2246880']
[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='30 January 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1264876385' post='2214522']
[/quote]

I'm using the same version, and I have to log in every time, so maybe it's a settings thing on the browser?
[/quote]

Make sure your bookmarks are:
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/

Also, if it shows not logged in, wait 5 seconds and it should log you in.

BST AD Help

Did you remove all your bookmarks and reset them? Which browser and which version? Most people have had this issue resolved by updating their bookmarks. Also, if you hit the screen and it shows not logged in, wait 5 seconds and it should log you in.

If after updating bookmarks it does not resolve your issue then.

1) Provide Browser and version info
2) Exact steps you do to login to the board. Describe exactly how you do it and what occurs. It has to be repeatable and replicable in order to fix.

BST AD Help

[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='14 February 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1266206832' post='2252219']
Did you remove all your bookmarks and reset them? Which browser and which version? Most people have had this issue resolved by updating their bookmarks. Also, if you hit the screen and it shows not logged in, wait 5 seconds and it should log you in.

If after updating bookmarks it does not resolve your issue then.

1) Provide Browser and version info
2) Exact steps you do to login to the board. Describe exactly how you do it and what occurs. It has to be repeatable and replicable in order to fix.
[/quote]

I think it is fixed since I updated my bookmark and wait a few seconds for it to redirect me.

Β [quote name='Gxgolfer' date='13 February 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1266038336' post='2248143']
[/quote]

This works fine, but it'd be a trivial change to the openid login function in order to redirect back to the referring page rather than the forum index.

Currently, if I click on a link to a thread on golfwrx and I haven't visited the site yet, I am automatically logged in and taken away from that page and back to the index. I then have to go back and find the original link and re-click on it.

[quote name='henno' date='15 February 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1266267777' post='2253504']

Currently, if I click on a link to a thread on golfwrx and I haven't visited the site yet, I am automatically logged in and taken away from that page and back to the index. I then have to go back and find the original link and re-click on it.

[/quote]
Happens to me sometimes when using Chrome and almost all the time in Mobile Safari on my iPhone... I just click the back button once or twice and hit refresh to get back to the original/referring page as logged in.

[quote name='henno' date='15 February 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1266267777' post='2253504']
Β [quote name='Gxgolfer' date='13 February 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1266038336' post='2248143']
[/quote]

This works fine, but it'd be a trivial change to the openid login function in order to redirect back to the referring page rather than the forum index.

[/quote]

Its being worked on.

BST AD Help

Have you tried Firefox as a test or Chrome? It maybe a security setting in your IE8. Do you wait 5 seconds to see if it will log you in automatically?

BST AD Help

• 2 months later...