MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Golf Diamana WB Testing | See What Members Are Saying!

MCADiamanaWBMemberTestingReviews.png.6a4e977cdf885dec177b5f0a1d88e0ca.png

We have five (5) GolfWRX members testing the new Mitsubishi Golf Diamana WB shaft. The members below will report back to the community about the things they noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them!

The testers are:

About the Mitsubishi Diamana WB 

The classic feel of this Diamana™ profile is achieved through the use of our proprietary Xlink Tech™ Resin System and MR70 technologies. Our Xlink Tech™ Resin System increases the strength and durability of the shaft while driving carbon fiber volume up for better feel. Feel and strength is further increased through the use of our aerospace-grade MR70 fiber – our strongest fiber to date.

Key Features Include:
- 80-ton DIALEAD Pitch Fiber in butt section to maximize stability and energy transfer
- High modulus 46-ton fiber in angle plies to lower torque without increasing weight
- Xlink Tech™ Resin System to increases the strength and durability of the shaft

Learn more about the Diamana WB here.

Thank you to @MITSUBISHI CHEMICALfor putting on this member testing event!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! 

Extremely excited to have been chosen for this, and can't wait to begin doing my testing on the new WB! Huge thanks to @GolfWRX_Official and @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL for the opportunity! As listed in my original entry comment, I am currently around a 5 index, and swing my driver at right around 110 club head speed with an average carry at right around 280-285 yds. I opted for the WB 63 S as I currently play a TR Blue 6s, and have tried the TR Black 6s and the Tensei 1K Black 65s in the past as well. I also want to preface, I am 99% a "feel based" golfer. I don't hit the Trackman or the GCQuad every day as I don't have easy access to one, so my review process will be fully based on how the shaft feels in my hands, and less on the # data. I'm merely looking for that classic WB feel and a solid dispersion.

For starters, if we're looking at just specifically the shaft profile compared to everything I have tried in the current lineup of low spinner shafts - this is the list we're looking at:

image.png.a06a729ca15ed9de6278997287f50c7e.png

My initial thoughts when looking at this profile comparison is that i'm definitely going to be getting a little more spin and a similar handle feel to the Ventus/TR line, and definitely a little more draw bias altogether as I tend to fade the Ventus offerings and I have played a draw in the past. This should be confirmed or debunked here in the next few weeks!

Here are a few pictures I snapped on my lunch break: 

image.jpeg.7c3d6ea12314c876b16823e6fec2fab3.jpeg

image.jpeg.76ad09b6bf21fda0a75aef89fd0bee3b.jpeg

Love the goodies as well! The towel is already on the bag. Should be able to get some range time in later tonight and start my initial testing.

Edited by etodd
  • Like 2

Gear Junkie / Professional Shanker

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (A1/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6 Stiff (69g) - MCC Black - 45.25"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7 Stiff (77g) - MCC Black - 43.25"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/C) - Nippon ModusHybrid G.O.S.T Stiff (91g) - MCC Black - 40.50"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC Black - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC Black - STD

Putter: PING Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Golf Pride 'Tour Tradition' - 34.5"

Soon: Mack-Made 'Jewel Skinny' Tri-Sole (Carbon/Torched/Twisty-Longneck) BGT Tour One - Golf Pride 'Tour Tradition' - 34.5"

Posted (edited)

Thank you @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL and @GolfWRX_Official for this testing opportunity!  I received the shaft yesterday, and will be heading to the course this afternoon for some initial testing.

A bit about my game:  I'm a +3 index early 30's competitive player.  110 clubhead speed and up to 160 ball speed.  I have been gaming a Ping G425LST 9* with an OG Ventus Blue 6X at 46" for 2.5 years.  I test newer drivers regularly, including last month at Ping HQ, and this combination continues to be a great overall fit for me. 

However, summer is here in Texas and I am swinging well and looking for a beefier profile.  I think this may be where the WB 63X at 46" comes into play.   The WB 63X feels slightly beefier in the indoor waggle test, and definitely looks the business.

I'll be providing updates from testing at my club, including data from my Bushnell Launch Pro.  I have a full weekend of Memorial Day golf planned, and looking forward to putting the new WB in play.  Thanks again!

Edited by tlehmann
  • Like 3

Ping G425 LST 9* / Mitsubishi Diamana WB 63X 

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

(Incoming) Taylormade Qi10 18* / Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8X

(Incoming) Srixon ZX5 MKII 3-5 / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

(Incoming) Srixon ZX7 MKII 6-8 / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

(Incoming) Srixon Z Forged MKII 9-P / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM10 50.08F / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping PLD Custom Prime Tyne S / BGT Stability Tour Black

22 minutes ago, etodd said:

Congrats! Really wanted to try it as I have been a tensei guy. These reviews may sway to plunge into WB.  

As much I like the Ventus line, Fuji's color chart only using 3 levels of stiffness is quite elementary. Saying the only difference between blue and black is being a softer handle is almost funny. At least mitsu uses 6 levels to differentiate. 

9 minutes ago, Glock917 said:

Congrats! Really wanted to try it as I have been a tensei guy. These reviews may sway to plunge into WB.  

As much I like the Ventus line, Fuji's color chart only using 3 levels of stiffness is quite elementary. Saying the only difference between blue and black is being a softer handle is almost funny. At least mitsu uses 6 levels to differentiate. 

Haha I will agree. It's a little easy to get lost in the charts from multiple companies - I just added that in for reference!

WITB

Driver: Titleist Tsr3 8° (A1/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6 Stiff (69g) - MCC Black - 45.25"

3 Wood: Titleist Tsr3 15° (A1/C) - Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7 Stiff (77g) - MCC Black - 43.25"

3 Hybrid: Titleist Tsr3 19° (A1/C) - Nippon ModusHybrid G.O.S.T Stiff (91g) - MCC Black - 40.50"

Irons: Fourteen TB7 4-PW (22°-44°) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Stiff (119g) - MCC Black - STD

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw (49/54/59) - (BB&F Co) - Nippon Modus3 115 Wedge (122g) - MCC Black - STD

Putter: PING Anser 30 'Proto' (Carbon/Patina/360g/2.5°/70°) - PLD Composite Shaft - Golf Pride 'Tour Tradition' - 34.5"

Soon: Mack-Made 'Jewel Skinny' Tri-Sole (Carbon/Torched/Twisty-Longneck) BGT Tour One - Golf Pride 'Tour Tradition' - 34.5"

1 hour ago, Glock917 said:

FWIW, the Fujiwara charts I've seen have more classifications, but those are usually applicable for shafts like the various Speeder line.

Also, as someone who has swung and liked Ventus Black, and owns a few 1k Blacks, they're much more similar in feel than the chart would indicate.

Looking forward to reading the reviews as the panel gets more experience with this shaft.

Wow! Let me just say Im extremely excited to test this shaft. Thank you again to @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL and GolfWrx. Mine just came today via Fedex. I know sometimes these reviews can become a word jumble, but I’ll try to break it down parts. 

A brief background and history with the Diamana:  I have a special place in my heart for the original Diamana line. Im 42, but back in i believe it was 2006, a good buddy of mine brought home a brand new Hibore Driver with a Diamana blueboard 83s. I thought he was insane for a couple of reasons. That driver head…he was and still is a huge titleist guy, so it was shocking to say the least. The shaft cost more than the head! However, it was love at first swing. It completely transformed my driver game and opened my eyes to how important the shaft can be. I had to fight him for it, and that same blueboard was in my bag in some form or fashion for nearly 11 years!

About my game: Again, Im 42, handicap of 2 but been as low as +2 in the past. Gaming swingspeeds range about 110-115. I can push 122 but it gets a bit wild. Smooth tempo, and Id say driving is probably a strength of my game. Not the longest, not the most accurate but a good combo of both. 

Current set up and shafts I can compare to:  My current driver is a Cobra LtdX 9* head with a Fujikura Motore X1 6x shaft. I try most of the new drivers every year and I have yet to find one that has outperformed, at least to justify the purchase. Shafts i have owned and gamed in the past are the following:

Ventus Black 6x

Ventus Red 6x

Ventus Blue 6x

Ventus TR Blue 6x

GD TP 6x

Atmos tour spec 6x

Motore vc 7.3 tour spec

Ahina 73s

ION K’aili (this was in a 3 wood)

The OG blueboard 83s

Over the years my preference in shafts have gone from heavy and weaker in flex to lighter and stiffer. Not sure why, maybe just age? Of all the shafts, probably the Ventus TR blue was my best fit, well until my current shaft surprisingly just took the spot and haven't looked back. 

First impressions of the Diamana WB: Aesthetically, I really like it. Reminds me of the A’hina I had but with a matte finish. Graphics are perfect in my mind, you still can recognize it at first glance but not obnoxious like some other shafts sometimes get. They did a great job in the “throwback” to the original but yet keeping it modern.  I also appreciate the nice letter, hat, and towel that was included.

I opted for the 53tx, a bit of a change from what I have been playing over the years, but with technology advances, I think these lighter weights are the future, and am hoping to see a few small gains from it. I was nervous it would be a little whippy with the torque value of 4.6, but just a few swings in my yard, that is ABSOLUTELY not the case. Extremely stable. 

How I intend to test: Earliest I will be able to get out is Monday unfortunately. I will go “self fit” myself with it. I have a number of weights for my head and i can play with that as well as the loft should it need it. Then I plan to later do a trackman or gcquad head to head with the gamer as well as on course testing. 

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Id love to help. Meanwhile here are a few pics of the shaft arriving today!

IMG_6208.jpeg.024c8fa6b5046fdb976f9423f3c34a2f.jpegIMG_6209.jpeg.5cb82b22c294c3c15e39b5ee31c24e98.jpegIMG_6210.jpeg.4e0af370da15e287f1c59fa79bceed1b.jpegIMG_6211.jpeg.dce9a183eeac4bd09cc22779a74ba16d.jpegIMG_6212.jpeg.84aa582f10e2178d923e13f36ad85519.jpegIMG_6213.jpeg.4257b4d4936d2d72bc4b8ebd757f24e4.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mkidding said:

Unfortunately missed out on this opportunity again (just like how I missed out on the Vanquish last year)

Regardless, I didn't some data analysis on people's preference when it comes down to driver shafts. 240 samples from the signup. Enjoy!

Driver shaft selection v.s. swing speed (self reported of course)

image.png.25cf3a17be3071d2434a6ece8f9b26f2.png

image.png.b00727846e740259db131e170455e554.png

image.png.563410c670bc73947b4ff6c9bc8fb9da.png

Also in case people are wondering, here are the reported numbers from the selected testers (I feel less bad now seeing how good these golfers are. I just need to be better at golf if I want to be selected in the future 😛😞

image.png.5ae57afc5587d399f430491db38587c6.png

Congrtas to all of you lucky good golfers who were selected! Please write us some great reviews 🙂 

Thanks for providing that, that is interesting. I did initially say 63x/tx, but changed it to 53tx after i was selected. Kind of glad I did as nobody selected this weight, so I can give feedback on the 53 weight class.  Also, maybe a coincidence, but at least 3/5 testers seems to have played or have an affinity to the OG WB/BB. Whats interesting to me is on paper this WB isnt the same profile as the Original, which Im ok with, I actually prefer this new profile.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tlehmann said:

Thank you @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL and @GolfWRX_Official for this testing opportunity!  I received the shaft yesterday, and will be heading to the course this afternoon for some initial testing.

A bit about my game:  I'm a +3 index early 30's competitive player.  110 clubhead speed and up to 160 ball speed.  I have been gaming a Ping G425LST 9* with an OG Ventus Blue 6X at 46" for 2.5 years.  I test newer drivers regularly, including last month at Ping HQ, and this combination continues to be a great overall fit for me. 

However, summer is here in Texas and I am swinging well and looking for a beefier profile.  I think this may be where the WB 63X at 46" comes into play.   The WB 63X feels slightly beefier in the indoor waggle test, and definitely looks the business.

I'll be providing updates from testing at my club, including data from my Bushnell Launch Pro.  I have a full weekend of Memorial Day golf planned, and looking forward to putting the new WB in play.  Thanks again!

image.jpeg.4a912a9c3cd0fcf6f53c0865e1ccfb08.jpeg

Initial Impressions:

I got the WB out tonight on the practice tee and on several holes, A/B testing against my current shaft with my launch monitor.  This quick write up serves as a comparison against my current gamer shaft:

Similar to my initial waggle test, I can feel increased beefiness in the handle and middle vs Ventus Blue, and the extra stability feels very good.  The WB kicks less than OG Ventus Blue, which is to be expected in this profile.  I sometimes do not get along with Black profiles as I am not a heavy loader/hitter, but the feel overall for a smoother load is excellent in WB - it feels stouter than Ventus Blue but still very playable for my transition.  The WB feels like an awesome combination of stability and great feel.

Tonight I got very similar numbers on the launch monitor - essentially equal ball speed, launch, spin, and carry which is what I saw on the course as well.  The WB had less of the pronounced kick of a Ventus Blue.  The WB feels like a shaft that wants to go straight.  

I'll have a more thorough warmup and test session on Saturday with my normal game to follow.  Looking forward to bagging the WB this weekend!

• Like 3

Ping G425 LST 9* / Mitsubishi Diamana WB 63X 

Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5* / Fujikura Atmos Blue TS 7X

(Incoming) Taylormade Qi10 18* / Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8X

(Incoming) Srixon ZX5 MKII 3-5 / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

(Incoming) Srixon ZX7 MKII 6-8 / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

(Incoming) Srixon Z Forged MKII 9-P / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist SM10 50.08F / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 54.10S / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist SM9 60.04T / Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Ping PLD Custom Prime Tyne S / BGT Stability Tour Black

IMG_5964.jpeg.b4c92096a8fee3e260dcb4b796784f23.jpeg

Well I was extremely excited to see the FedEx delivery guy on my camera this afternoon. I have to say what a great opportunity this is and I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity. Initial unboxing was really cool. The part I thought was the best was the handwritten letter from the director of marketing. That’s going into a frame and on the wall. The towel and hat are really nice. The colors on the shaft go really well with my Ping G430 lst. Shaft came in an 1/2” shorter than what I ordered. Certainly not complaining, just trying to disclose all the information. Already blown away by the unboxing. I called a buddy and we ran out to the course. Unfortunately, there was a storm headed our way that produced a giant tornado a couple hrs west of us and heading this way so we had to hurry. Put the shaft in and straight to the first hole. Immediately noticed it to be much lighter than my gamer. (Ping Tour 2.0 65x which I really like). Was fitted using trackman. So the first swing I was really impressed by how smooth it is. Don’t remember the original WB to be this smooth. Now that I think about this shaft feels like a blue board with whiteboard flight characteristics. So very smooth and much more so the the Tour 2.0. So after a few holes I’m noticing I’m not missing right which is my miss. I play a draw and my miss is right.  My dispersion has decreased significantly!  5 holes in and I’m hitting fairways consistently which never happens because I struggle hitting fairways to say the least. My shortgame saves me and allows me to score well. So after 9 holes I start hitting a drive with both shafts. Surprisingly I didn’t lose any distance with the WB being shorter. Figured I’d lose 5-10 yards but didn’t. But I can’t believe how well this shaft feels and the consistency of the ball flight!!  It simply goes straight or draws and completely eliminated the right side which I can’t express enough how happy I am about that. So my swing speed average is 112 and I’ve been smooth swinging so far averaging 285-290 and not getting any roll. We’ve got an unprecedented amount of rain here this year and everything is soggy. On the last 2 holes I swung for the fence and it did the same thing. First one drew 5 yards and went 312 and 2nd drew 10 yards and went 326. Very impressed again!  Swapped to the tour 2.0 and 1 went straight and one missed right.

Sorry to ramble on but wanted to get my initial impressions in real quick. Also, using my phone so hopefully my fat thumbs didn’t spell too many words wrong lol. 

So in closing I know I’ve sounded a lot like a fan boy but I’m going to give an honest review. If the shaft sucked for me I’d say it but it’s the opposite. Looks like it’s a match made in heaven. I like it so much that it’s going in play for our biggest tournament of the year at my club. It’s a 3 day tournament this weekend and starts Friday. I’ll post more info next week and hopefully get some launch monitor data. Would definitely like to find an original WB to compare it to. But to be honest I think this is a much improved version and I’m in love!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, coach_harris1 said:

IMG_5964.jpeg.b4c92096a8fee3e260dcb4b796784f23.jpeg

Well I was extremely excited to see the FedEx delivery guy on my camera this afternoon. I have to say what a great opportunity this is and I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity. Initial unboxing was really cool. The part I thought was the best was the handwritten letter from the director of marketing. That’s going into a frame and on the wall. The towel and hat are really nice. The colors on the shaft go really well with my Ping G430 lst. Shaft came in an 1/2” shorter than what I ordered. Certainly not complaining, just trying to disclose all the information. Already blown away by the unboxing. I called a buddy and we ran out to the course. Unfortunately, there was a storm headed our way that produced a giant tornado a couple hrs west of us and heading this way so we had to hurry. Put the shaft in and straight to the first hole. Immediately noticed it to be much lighter than my gamer. (Ping Tour 2.0 65x which I really like). Was fitted using trackman. So the first swing I was really impressed by how smooth it is. Don’t remember the original WB to be this smooth. Now that I think about this shaft feels like a blue board with whiteboard flight characteristics. So very smooth and much more so the the Tour 2.0. So after a few holes I’m noticing I’m not missing right which is my miss. I play a draw and my miss is right.  My dispersion has decreased significantly!  5 holes in and I’m hitting fairways consistently which never happens because I struggle hitting fairways to say the least. My shortgame saves me and allows me to score well. So after 9 holes I start hitting a drive with both shafts. Surprisingly I didn’t lose any distance with the WB being shorter. Figured I’d lose 5-10 yards but didn’t. But I can’t believe how well this shaft feels and the consistency of the ball flight!!  It simply goes straight or draws and completely eliminated the right side which I can’t express enough how happy I am about that. So my swing speed average is 112 and I’ve been smooth swinging so far averaging 285-290 and not getting any roll. We’ve got an unprecedented amount of rain here this year and everything is soggy. On the last 2 holes I swung for the fence and it did the same thing. First one drew 5 yards and went 312 and 2nd drew 10 yards and went 326. Very impressed again!  Swapped to the tour 2.0 and 1 went straight and one missed right.

Sorry to ramble on but wanted to get my initial impressions in real quick. Also, using my phone so hopefully my fat thumbs didn’t spell too many words wrong lol. 

So in closing I know I’ve sounded a lot like a fan boy but I’m going to give an honest review. If the shaft sucked for me I’d say it but it’s the opposite. Looks like it’s a match made in heaven. I like it so much that it’s going in play for our biggest tournament of the year at my club. It’s a 3 day tournament this weekend and starts Friday. I’ll post more info next week and hopefully get some launch monitor data. Would definitely like to find an original WB to compare it to. But to be honest I think this is a much improved version and I’m in love!

A fellow okie! (Boomer sooner though)… these storms lately have been pretty crazy. If its like you say, BB feel with WB launch, Im going to love it.

Man I’m jealous I missed this one. Congrats to the testers! @coach_harris1 what’s your driver swing speed? Was fit into the ping tour chrome as well but hit it terrible! 

• Like 2

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

36 minutes ago, coach_harris1 said:

@BigtimeHC my swing speed is 112 and got fit for the Tour Black 2.0 65x and hopefully didn’t say chrome in my previous posts. 

I may have added that myself 😂 I’ve hit the black as well though, both completely turned me off of the 430 LST. Maybe this WB could wake it up for me!

• Like 1

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

This is a shaft I really loved back in the day. I need to give it another try.. 

• Like 4

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 5/23/2024 at 9:12 AM, etodd said:

Hi everyone! 

Extremely excited to have been chosen for this, and can't wait to begin doing my testing on the new WB! Huge thanks to @GolfWRX_Official and @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL for the opportunity! As listed in my original entry comment, I am currently around a 5 index, and swing my driver at right around 110 club head speed with an average carry at right around 280-285 yds. I opted for the WB 63 S as I currently play a TR Blue 6s, and have tried the TR Black 6s and the Tensei 1K Black 65s in the past as well. I also want to preface, I am 99% a "feel based" golfer. I don't hit the Trackman or the GCQuad every day as I don't have easy access to one, so my review process will be fully based on how the shaft feels in my hands, and less on the # data. I'm merely looking for that classic WB feel and a solid dispersion.

For starters, if we're looking at just specifically the shaft profile compared to everything I have tried in the current lineup of low spinner shafts - this is the list we're looking at:

My initial thoughts when looking at this profile comparison is that i'm definitely going to be getting a little more spin and a similar handle feel to the Ventus/TR line, and definitely a little more draw bias altogether as I tend to fade the Ventus offerings and I have played a draw in the past. This should be confirmed or debunked here in the next few weeks!

Here are a few pictures I snapped on my lunch break: 

image.jpeg.7c3d6ea12314c876b16823e6fec2fab3.jpeg

image.jpeg.76ad09b6bf21fda0a75aef89fd0bee3b.jpeg

Love the goodies as well! The towel is already on the bag. Should be able to get some range time in later tonight and start my initial testing.

Initial update #1:

I made a trip out to the range last night after work and put in about 10 warmup swings with my gamer (Ventus TR Blue 6s) and then swapped over to the WB 63s for about 25 balls, then some iron work, and back to the driver. As I mentioned previously, the handle felt just a little tighter to me from doing some indoor waggles, but honestly VERY similar in profile to what i'm used to through the mid. I do find myself getting a little too "load-y" sometimes with the Ventus and feel that I really have to consciously think about swinging smooth to step on one. If my hands get too quick, the face is just so far behind me at impact. I found that is not the case with the WB. I'm right on the cusp of jumping into X flex, but feel like a heavier S with a stiffer handle really pairs nicely with my swing. And I'll say, driving is not a weakness of my game so no need to get crazy haha.

From the many swings with the WB, I noticed a few things in the feel category. It's probably one of the most stable offerings i've tried in recent years without being overly stiff for a S flex, and although I don't have any experience with the original WB, I did use a Rayon Diamana Kai'li 65 back in the Titleist 910 era and really loved how smooth it was, although it's been several years and a golf hiatus thrown in there along the way.

I could easily torque up on one and really not miss my mark by more than 15 yards. I'd say for every 10 drives, 8 were on the money for dispersion, with my 2 misses being less than 20 yds off-line. Very consistent once I figured out how to swing it. As far as my concerns with the softer tip, I actually quite liked it when paired with my 8.0 Tsr3 head. Just a little more spin than i'm used to, but without setting a Trackman/GCQuad down, it's essentially negligible. Carry numbers were almost a carbon copy of my gamer so no gains in distance here that I notice straight away. And the baby draws are back.

For first impressions - it's the real deal. Smooth. Classic. Stable. And SUPER easy to control. Like another reviewer said, it just feels like it wants to go straight. Bad weather+Memorial Day weekend in TN this weekend may put me out for a few days, but I should have another update next Monday! Thanks!

• Like 1

WITB

21 hours ago, mkidding said:

Unfortunately missed out on this opportunity again (just like how I missed out on the Vanquish last year)

Regardless, I didn't some data analysis on people's preference when it comes down to driver shafts. 240 samples from the signup. Enjoy!

Also in case people are wondering, here are the reported numbers from the selected testers (I feel less bad now seeing how good these golfers are. I just need to be better at golf if I want to be selected in the future 😛😞

Congrtas to all of you lucky good golfers who were selected! Please write us some great reviews 🙂 

I will say, my HCP is self reported as well. I don't have an official GHIN or it would be in that blank. Not saying i'm worse or better than a 5, i'm just saying! Haha

WITB

21 hours ago, mkidding said:

I am kind of disappointed that no slower swing speed testers were selected. It would have been interesting in seeing the results of someone with a WB-43 and/or WB-53 with a less than stiff shaft, though, I would guess there not much demand for WB's from slower swingers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bellken said:

I am kind of disappointed that no slower swing speed testers were selected. It would have been interesting in seeing the results of someone with a WB-43 and/or WB-53 with a less than stiff shaft, though, I would guess there not much demand for WB's from slower swingers.

I’m betting the blue or red is more of a better fit for lower swing speed. I’m going to venture a guess that given the logo on the hat and sticker has all the board in it that they will release them in the future. Me personally, I don’t think the WB would be good for slower speeds because of how low launching it is. 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2024 at 9:59 AM, golfinbrad said:

I want to thank @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL & @GolfWRX_Official for this awesome opportunity!  The shaft was actually delivered yesterday.  CA to PA in 2 days is pretty impressive.  Shaft looks great, much like the other Diamana in looks.  I do like the matte black finish.  In addition to the shaft, MCA was kind enough to send a 20th anniversary hat and towel, and a hand written note.  I have been fortunate to do some other reviews and this was a first.  Very nice gesture, especially for a larger company.  Thanks again.

The 20th anniversary really took me back.  I was fitted for the original Whiteboard in a Cleveland DST driver, but it didn't dawn on me that was that long ago.  That made me feel old.  Loved that shaft and feel, but like many WRXers there have been many driver/shaft combos since them.  Unfortunately, none of my fittings since that one 20 years ago included hitting the Diamana line.  I am really looking forward to giving this one a go.

A little about me.  I am a stone throw away from 50 and have been playing for 40 years.  My game was pretty solid back in the day, but after getting married and being very involved with our kids lives that changed.  Now the kids are gown and finally getting to play more.  I struggled with with injuries that past few seasons, but finally feeling good and my game is rapidly returning.  My SS is still 110-115 with the driver.  Driving has probably become one of least consistent areas hence why I got fit for another driver, PXG Black Ops Tour with the Gen 4 HZRDUS Black shaft.  The low/low or white profiles seems to work best for me.  The Tensei Raw White and HZRDUS Black are very similar in results and become my go to shafts.  The WB should be a good one to compare.  I have hit the Ventus Blue and Black (not the TR).  While I got good numbers, the dispersion was not.  Just stating so you know more where I fall.  Testing and giving feedback on shafts can be difficult as everyone's feel and fit are different.  My plan is to hit the WB at the range,  take it to the course to see how it performs, lastly get on a launch monitor for some solid data.  I will provide pics and feedback through out the process.

Feel free to ask questions.  Below are the pics so far.  Thanks again!

IMG_20240522_161332371.jpg.2fd1b76219efdcb475762c138227b3e3.jpgIMG_20240522_161525080_HDR.jpg.755ffed0c3175c220f2603472771c77e.jpgIMG_20240522_161707967.jpg.132e6ab77cdf2789e50c6c982b8ec13b.jpgIMG_20240522_161711762.jpg.4440380a23d61349f9384d442c262159.jpgIMG_20240522_161713716.jpg.a8ea86f9239893149dd42e1c9a136123.jpg

IMG_20240522_161716603.jpg

A thing of beauty here. The matte black vibes are giving me some real FOMO. Can't wait to hear about how this thing feels!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, etodd said:

Initial update #1:

I made a trip out to the range last night after work and put in about 10 warmup swings with my gamer (Ventus TR Blue 6s) and then swapped over to the WB 63s for about 25 balls, then some iron work, and back to the driver. As I mentioned previously, the handle felt just a little tighter to me from doing some indoor waggles, but honestly VERY similar in profile to what i'm used to through the mid. I do find myself getting a little too "load-y" sometimes with the Ventus and feel that I really have to consciously think about swinging smooth to step on one. If my hands get too quick, the face is just so far behind me at impact. I found that is not the case with the WB. I'm right on the cusp of jumping into X flex, but feel like a heavier S with a stiffer handle really pairs nicely with my swing. And I'll say, driving is not a weakness of my game so no need to get crazy haha.

From the many swings with the WB, I noticed a few things in the feel category. It's probably one of the most stable offerings i've tried in recent years without being overly stiff for a S flex, and although I don't have any experience with the original WB, I did use a Rayon Diamana Kai'li 65 back in the Titleist 910 era and really loved how smooth it was, although it's been several years and a golf hiatus thrown in there along the way.

I could easily torque up on one and really not miss my mark by more than 15 yards. I'd say for every 10 drives, 8 were on the money for dispersion, with my 2 misses being less than 20 yds off-line. Very consistent once I figured out how to swing it. As far as my concerns with the softer tip, I actually quite liked it when paired with my 8.0 Tsr3 head. Just a little more spin than i'm used to, but without setting a Trackman/GCQuad down, it's essentially negligible. Carry numbers were almost a carbon copy of my gamer so no gains in distance here that I notice straight away. And the baby draws are back.

For first impressions - it's the real deal. Smooth. Classic. Stable. And SUPER easy to control. Like another reviewer said, it just feels like it wants to go straight. Bad weather+Memorial Day weekend in TN this weekend may put me out for a few days, but I should have another update next Monday! Thanks!

Sounds like plenty of golf on the horizon. Glad to hear Diamana is keeping up their tradition of some of the smoothest shafts in the game. I played the Diamana DF for two years and this sounds very similar to it. A shaft that with good swings will just hold it's line.

25 minutes ago, coach_harris1 said:

I’m betting the blue or red is more of a better fit for lower swing speed. I’m going to venture a guess that given the logo on the hat and sticker has all the board in it that they will release them in the future. Me personally, I don’t think the WB would be good for slower speeds because of how low launching it is. 

I agree with Coach.  I can't imagine a low/low shaft being optimal for a slower swing speed player.  Maybe @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL could weigh in whether the red/blue Diamana or another line works best for slower SS.  Obviously doing a fitting is best, but be nice to hear from the manufacture on what they see.

9 hours ago, coach_harris1 said:

I don't disagree, but, there has to be a reason there is a WB-43 is offered in a R and a R2 flex. To me, a slower swinger, I would be interested in what a WB-43 would offer to lower swing speeds.

@bellken I’m guessing those are for the people that come over the top and have a real steep attack angle that need help lowering spin. Otherwise, I don’t see the benefit of a low swing speed hitting a low ball flight. It would significantly lower distance. Maybe helpful in very windy conditions I guess. Launch it higher and maximize distance. 

I’ve got the first round of our tournament in the morning so I’ll report back tomorrow with any new information on the shaft. Weather is going to be 94 degrees with 23 mph SE wind and severe weather around 3pm here in southern Ok. 

18 minutes ago, bellken said:

I don't disagree, but, there has to be a reason there is a WB-43 is offered in a R and a R2 flex. To me, a slower swinger, I would be interested in what a WB-43 would offer to lower swing speeds.

Slower swinging players who are steep and need spin reduction could benefit from these shafts. I would agree with the others in here who think other profiles are better. 

For me the WB could have easily have been branded as the Vanquish White. 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Posted (edited)

I think its important to remember just because a shaft is labeled a low launch shaft, doesn't mean thats always the case. Some players react differently to certain feel and kick characteristics and can change their delivery all together. It wouldn't be uncommon to hit an 80 gram tx flex “high” launch shaft lower than a 40 gram senior flex “low launch” shaft. Its all relative and its there just as a general guide. 

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 1