2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tour Striker

filthee

and if you get the 7 iron at +1", wouldnt it be as long as your 8 iron? forget about the 7 on the bottom of the club and just swing it, it shouldt cause you to hit fat since its just like swinging your 8 iron

G25 10.5 kiyoshi purple 75
G25 3w kiyoshi purple 85
G25 5w kiyoshi purple 85
S55 3-p kbs tour
52/58 anser kbs tour
Golo 7 cb

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301539156' post='3104470']
[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301508178' post='3102885']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301500879' post='3102449']
[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301490693' post='3101916']
Chuck,

I generally play my clubs at +1.5" and 4 degrees upright which seems fairly extreme in terms of distance from standard. Would a standard TS be worth my time or would I have to go custom?
[/quote]

Here's the thing, we can go plus 1 in length and plus 2 up, so you would need to do that at your local shop. Get the TSP 7, try it and then tweak it yourself if needed. I am not a fan of upright gear, but you may be a center for the Blazers.

[/quote]

I was fitted for my irons using a lie board among other things and thats what he gave me. I'm 6'6 with apparently short arms lol...

My thought is that if I can comfortably hit the TS at +1, I'll hit all my irons fat since that extra half inch means fatness. If I can hit the standard well, I'll hit way fat....

Or am i missing something?
[/quote]

Lie boards assume that your swing plane is correct when the club hits the ground. I've seen way too many golfers fit into upright gear because they throw the club, get steep and the fitter fixes for the fault rather than teach the student how to get the club on a better plane. Your a big dude, so there a decent chance that this fit is good. If you get a TS Pro, add the inch and leave the lie angle standard (which is plus two when you add an inch, anyway) and see how you do.

Good luck big guy.
[/quote]

Will do. How much is a +1"?

[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301542411' post='3104628']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301539156' post='3104470']
[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301508178' post='3102885']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301500879' post='3102449']
[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301490693' post='3101916']
Chuck,

I generally play my clubs at +1.5" and 4 degrees upright which seems fairly extreme in terms of distance from standard. Would a standard TS be worth my time or would I have to go custom?
[/quote]

Here's the thing, we can go plus 1 in length and plus 2 up, so you would need to do that at your local shop. Get the TSP 7, try it and then tweak it yourself if needed. I am not a fan of upright gear, but you may be a center for the Blazers.

[/quote]

I was fitted for my irons using a lie board among other things and thats what he gave me. I'm 6'6 with apparently short arms lol...

My thought is that if I can comfortably hit the TS at +1, I'll hit all my irons fat since that extra half inch means fatness. If I can hit the standard well, I'll hit way fat....

Or am i missing something?
[/quote]

Lie boards assume that your swing plane is correct when the club hits the ground. I've seen way too many golfers fit into upright gear because they throw the club, get steep and the fitter fixes for the fault rather than teach the student how to get the club on a better plane. Your a big dude, so there a decent chance that this fit is good. If you get a TS Pro, add the inch and leave the lie angle standard (which is plus two when you add an inch, anyway) and see how you do.

Good luck big guy.
[/quote]

Will do. How much is a +1"?
[/quote]

$115. Thanks for the interest.

My review of the Left Handed Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron from a 20 handicapper.

On April 2nd, 2011 I could hit my 8 iron 130-140 yards. Today, on April 3rd, 2011, I took my Tour Striker out for the very first time.

Wow. All I have to say is are you kidding me??

Let me tell you about my first practice session with the tour striker. Today, I went to my local driving range to hit with the tour striker for the first time. I did my homework by watching the video, practicing the swing and drills at home however before this. At the range, I purchased an extra-large bucket of balls because I knew it hitting with the Tour Striker wasn't going to be so easy. To warm up, I started using my Sand Wedge and took half/ 1/3ed swings using TS principles taught by the DVD. I wasn't use the swing yet so sure enough, I wasn't making great contact even with my own SW! I figured I wasn't getting the feedback I needed so I switched to my Tour Striker. I pretty much shanked half a bucket of golf balls, with some miss hits pulling very right almost to the person in the back of me. (I'm left handed).

However, I did start to get a feel of it. Like C. Martin said, using the tour striker is very intuitive and your body will make adjustments based on feedback. I hit several more balls with the tour striker. Finally! A clean hit with mid ball flight! I hit it several more times with the same result. Then I switched back to my 8 iron to see the tour striker made any changes to my swing with a real golf club. My first couple its were shanks. After a minor grip adjustment and practice swings. I attempted to hit with my 8 iron again which seems all too foreign at this point. I wind up my back swing and take another swing at the ball. Flush. I'm in awe, as I see a yellow practice ball soar past the 150 yard flag stick to around 160 yards. (Mind you the 150 yard flag stick is not directly in front of me since im hitting in a stall on the very left side of the range.) I hit it again, and the same result! I hit it another nice and straight shot past the 150 yard stick and manage to catch a man looking at me. He was probably wondering how in the world did I just hit a 160+ yard 8 iron clean and flush after shanking half a bucket of balls! I moved down to my 6 - ~ I75 to 180 yards! Compared to my usual 150. Then I tried it out with my driver. Several of of my swings, I managed to pop the ball up. However, I did manage to hit several balls around the 280 yard range clean and straight! I can't wait to take the tour striker out for the rest of fall and summer!

Let me tell you, I'm a skeptic when it comes to purchasing anything. Before I make an investment, I do my research and read every single review of a product I can find. As you can see, the Tour Striker has 30 plus pages of discussion on on GOLFWRX alone. Based on the amount of positive reviews that I found, I decided to purchase a left handed 7 iron Tour Striker Pro. To my surprise, the Tour Striker arrived in 3 days instead of the 5-7 day expected shipping time. This isn't a marketing ploy like Zappos to exceed a consumers expectations is it? ;) The Tour Striker definitely exceeded my expectations. Thank you C. Martin for introducing the tour striker to fellow golfers such as myself. You made a believer out of me.

[quote name='vinny809' timestamp='1301863696' post='3115022']
My review of the Left Handed Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron from a 20 handicapper.

On April 2nd, 2011 I could hit my 8 iron 130-140 yards. Today, on April 3rd, 2011, I took my Tour Striker out for the very first time.

Wow. All I have to say is are you kidding me??

Let me tell you about my first practice session with the tour striker. Today, I went to my local driving range to hit with the tour striker for the first time. I did my homework by watching the video, practicing the swing and drills at home however before this. At the range, I purchased an extra-large bucket of balls because I knew it hitting with the Tour Striker wasn't going to be so easy. To warm up, I started using my Sand Wedge and took half/ 1/3ed swings using TS principles taught by the DVD. I wasn't use the swing yet so sure enough, I wasn't making great contact even with my own SW! I figured I wasn't getting the feedback I needed so I switched to my Tour Striker. I pretty much shanked half a bucket of golf balls, with some miss hits pulling very right almost to the person in the back of me. (I'm left handed).

However, I did start to get a feel of it. Like C. Martin said, using the tour striker is very intuitive and your body will make adjustments based on feedback. I hit several more balls with the tour striker. Finally! A clean hit with mid ball flight! I hit it several more times with the same result. Then I switched back to my 8 iron to see the tour striker made any changes to my swing with a real golf club. My first couple its were shanks. After a minor grip adjustment and practice swings. I attempted to hit with my 8 iron again which seems all too foreign at this point. I wind up my back swing and take another swing at the ball. Flush. I'm in awe, as I see a yellow practice ball soar past the 150 yard flag stick to around 160 yards. (Mind you the 150 yard flag stick is not directly in front of me since im hitting in a stall on the very left side of the range.) I hit it again, and the same result! I hit it another nice and straight shot past the 150 yard stick and manage to catch a man looking at me. He was probably wondering how in the world did I just hit a 160+ yard 8 iron clean and flush after shanking half a bucket of balls! I moved down to my 6 - ~ I75 to 180 yards! Compared to my usual 150. Then I tried it out with my driver. Several of of my swings, I managed to pop the ball up. However, I did manage to hit several balls around the 280 yard range clean and straight! I can't wait to take the tour striker out for the rest of fall and summer!

Let me tell you, I'm a skeptic when it comes to purchasing anything. Before I make an investment, I do my research and read every single review of a product I can find. As you can see, the Tour Striker has 30 plus pages of discussion on on GOLFWRX alone. Based on the amount of positive reviews that I found, I decided to purchase a left handed 7 iron Tour Striker Pro. To my surprise, the Tour Striker arrived in 3 days instead of the 5-7 day expected shipping time. This isn't a marketing ploy like Zappos to exceed a consumers expectations is it? ;) The Tour Striker definitely exceeded my expectations. Thank you C. Martin for introducing the tour striker to fellow golfers such as myself. You made a believer out of me.
[/quote]

Besides lovin' the name "Vinny the Lefty," as it makes for a great mob name, I love to hear posts like that! Thanks for sharing your story!

MASTERS WEEK!!!!

I'm jazzed!

[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301876474' post='3115553']
Did you get my PM Chuck?
[/quote]

nick, your PM about thin shots and whether or not the TS will help you?

Yes, the club will help you. Get the TS 7 Pro model and practice half swings teaching yourself how to get the elevated leading edge as close to the ground as you can (from normal, left-center ball position). You'll teach yourself a different sequence allowing the release to occur a little later. You will learn to sync the clearing of the hips with the delivery of the arms and divots naturally happen. I'm not a "pork chop" kind of guy and don't feel like you have to mash down on shots. Rather, a forward leaning strike with some "down" is all it takes.

Cheers,

Martin

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301886420' post='3116080']
[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301876474' post='3115553']
Did you get my PM Chuck?
[/quote]

nick, your PM about thin shots and whether or not the TS will help you?

Yes, the club will help you. Get the TS 7 Pro model and practice half swings teaching yourself how to get the elevated leading edge as close to the ground as you can (from normal, left-center ball position). You'll teach yourself a different sequence allowing the release to occur a little later. You will learn to sync the clearing of the hips with the delivery of the arms and divots naturally happen. I'm not a "pork chop" kind of guy and don't feel like you have to mash down on shots. Rather, a forward leaning strike with some "down" is all it takes.

Cheers,

Martin

[/quote]

Roger. Appreciate the response sir.

Hello Mr. Chuck, I practiced today at the range in the morning, hitting 360 balls with the Tour Striker Pro X alone, no other clubs. The reason why 360 is that I'm making a short cut through the muscle memory of doing 60 reps per day for 21 days ro permenantly change a swing part, so I changed it to 360 reps per day for only 3.5 days. Today was my first, and I definitely had the feeling of leaning the shaft forward for the whole day, so I went to the course and played 18 holes, the feeling stuck with me, and I shot 72! Just got to keep hitting the Tour Striker for 360 balls for 2.5 days now :cheesy: and I'll keep it hitting it even though I will have the feeling forever.

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1301888996' post='3116208']
Hello Mr. Chuck, I practiced today at the range in the morning, hitting 360 balls with the Tour Striker Pro X alone, no other clubs. The reason why 360 is that I'm making a short cut through the muscle memory of doing 60 reps per day for 21 days ro permenantly change a swing part, so I changed it to 360 reps per day for only 3.5 days. Today was my first, and I definitely had the feeling of leaning the shaft forward for the whole day, so I went to the course and played 18 holes, the feeling stuck with me, and I shot 72! Just got to keep hitting the Tour Striker for 360 balls for 2.5 days now :cheesy: and I'll keep it hitting it even though I will have the feeling forever.
[/quote]

Frankie, that is awesome. Good luck in your next match. One hole at a time and take what the course gives you. Your next shot may be your best!

[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301960124' post='3119295']
Well I pulled the trigger and paid for expedited shipping. Hope to have it by Thurs.

Lets see how this goes
[/quote]

nick, let me know how your practice goes! Thanks for trying it out. I hope you like it.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301963567' post='3119577']

nick, let me know how your practice goes! Thanks for trying it out. I hope you like it.
[/quote]

Appreciate it. I have a feeling I'll hate it for at least 30 minutes then hopefully figure it out haha....

Excited for it though, been re-reading through this thread and seeing nothing but good results...

Martin,

Got a question for you. I got a TS wedge last summer. Some days I can hit it fine and then a day like today it's flip city. What I'm curious about is would an upgrade to a regular TS or even a TS pro buy me anything practice wise or would I just go nuts? I know the wedge is easier to hit and my swing has changed alot since I ordered the TS wedge last year. Making solid contact is the biggest thing I have to work on now.

The lessons I've taken and the move to S&T have gotten alot of the other parts of my swing into a decent spot. I'd say my swing is competent now. I'm pretty much on plane and squaring the club well.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301963567' post='3119577']
[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1301888996' post='3116208']
[/quote]

Frankie, that is awesome. Good luck in your next match. One hole at a time and take what the course gives you. Your next shot may be your best!

[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1301960124' post='3119295']
Well I pulled the trigger and paid for expedited shipping. Hope to have it by Thurs.

Lets see how this goes
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Mr. Chuck, my shots with the Tour Striker Pro X is 15 yards high, so I haven't reach the 4 degrees shaft lean yet, just halfway there, at about 2 degrees. What I love about it is that it actually overexaggerate my driver. Say I hit a slight hook with my driver, with the Tour Striker, bam, hook off the planet. Once I can hit the Tour Striker Pro X 30 yards high, that's when my impact position will be that of a Tour Pro. And I will focus one hole at a time, like Hogan said, "The most important shot is the next shot."

[quote name='bortass' timestamp='1301969792' post='3120239']
Martin,

Got a question for you. I got a TS wedge last summer. Some days I can hit it fine and then a day like today it's flip city. What I'm curious about is would an upgrade to a regular TS or even a TS pro buy me anything practice wise or would I just go nuts? I know the wedge is easier to hit and my swing has changed alot since I ordered the TS wedge last year. Making solid contact is the biggest thing I have to work on now.

The lessons I've taken and the move to S&T have gotten alot of the other parts of my swing into a decent spot. I'd say my swing is competent now. I'm pretty much on plane and squaring the club well.
[/quote]

I'm thinking about buying the Tour Striker Wedge, how do you like it? Do you get backspin off your pitches and wedge shots now? I've had a problem getting backspin off my short game inside 100 yards, even with Callaway Tour I(s) balls and Callaway high spin wedges (I'm a fan of Callaway just because they have more options for lefties). Even on bunker shots I can't get backspin.

Martin,

[/quote]

I'd stick with the wedge until you can make it sing. When you can get 9/10 balls soundly at your target, move on up to the Pro 7. You will, give yourself a little time and patience.

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1301977589' post='3120836']
Thanks Mr. Chuck, my shots with the Tour Striker Pro X is 15 yards high, so I haven't reach the 4 degrees shaft lean yet, just halfway there, at about 2 degrees. What I love about it is that it actually overexaggerate my driver. Say I hit a slight hook with my driver, with the Tour Striker, bam, hook off the planet. Once I can hit the Tour Striker Pro X 30 yards high, that's when my impact position will be that of a Tour Pro. And I will focus one hole at a time, like Hogan said, "The most important shot is the next shot."
[/quote]

Frankie, forward lean also encourages an inside out path. You need to be aware of that as it can get a little touchy with the driver unless the face is open at impact about half the amount of the path. For example, say your path is inside out 10 degrees (not too uncommon for a spry flat belly) your club face needs to be open 5 or six degrees so you can draw the ball back to your target line if you have a centered strike. Toe and heel hits will throw that equation in the toilet.

You can have the feel of forward lean and a leftward path so you don't need to have the perfect amount of club face to path ratio. I'd sure love to be zero and zero;)

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301981091' post='3120979']
Martin,

[/quote]

I'd stick with the wedge until you can make it sing. When you can get 9/10 balls soundly at your target, move on up to the Pro 7. You will, give yourself a little time and patience.

[/quote]

Frankie, forward lean also encourages an inside out path. You need to be aware of that as it can get a little touchy with the driver unless the face is open at impact about half the amount of the path. For example, say your path is inside out 10 degrees (not too uncommon for a spry flat belly) your club face needs to be open 5 or six degrees so you can draw the ball back to your target line if you have a centered strike. Toe and heel hits will throw that equation in the toilet.

You can have the feel of forward lean and a leftward path so you don't need to have the perfect amount of club face to path ratio. I'd sure love to be zero and zero;)
[/quote]

Really? I've always thought even with forward shaft lean, you'd still have an in-to square-to in path. That's the reason why Tour Pros always seem to have their divots pointing a little left of their target line. I've had a problem of sliding my hips laterally, so I'm doing a drill of sticking my alignment stick in the ground about 3 inches from my right hip (I'm a lefty) so I can try not to jam my hips in there and probably square up my hips and get an in-square-in swing path. What do you think of this drill?

Well - got a chance to take my new TS Pro 7 to the range today....I was honestly a bit scared. It looks so intimidating - small face, no sole, ground off at the heel and toe...I didn't really know how it would feel. First few were ugly - I'll admit... But after about 20 min, I got the hang of it. I'm going to try and work on it all week in the morning before going to work. Hopefully when I play this Saturday on the course, I will see the benefits. Thanks for sending me the CD Martin. I appreciate it!!!!

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1302028619' post='3122637']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1301981091' post='3120979']
Martin,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? I've always thought even with forward shaft lean, you'd still have an in-to square-to in path. That's the reason why Tour Pros always seem to have their divots pointing a little left of their target line. I've had a problem of sliding my hips laterally, so I'm doing a drill of sticking my alignment stick in the ground about 3 inches from my right hip (I'm a lefty) so I can try not to jam my hips in there and probably square up my hips and get an in-square-in swing path. What do you think of this drill?
[/quote]

Frankie, I like that drill. The issue is feel and real. It is hard to tell if your path is off. Yes, most good players have leftward divots. So keep working that feel w your dowel drill.

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1302029448' post='3122701']
Well - got a chance to take my new TS Pro 7 to the range today....I was honestly a bit scared. It looks so intimidating - small face, no sole, ground off at the heel and toe...I didn't really know how it would feel. First few were ugly - I'll admit... But after about 20 min, I got the hang of it. I'm going to try and work on it all week in the morning before going to work. Hopefully when I play this Saturday on the course, I will see the benefits. Thanks for sending me the CD Martin. I appreciate it!!!!
[/quote]

Have a little patience:) Good luck Saturday!

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1302060659' post='3124678']
Mr. Chuck, did you get my email? I just sent it to you 5 minutes ago.
[/quote]

Never mind, wrong email, TeTherow said you resigned, so they sent an auto-reply just in case anybody contacts you through your Tetherow account. So I just sent you another email through your Tour Striker email account. Have you gotten it yet?

I've been reading on and off about the Tour Striker this past year. I know I definitely cast the club a bit and am looking into purchasing either the TS or TS pro model. My question is:

My handicap is high: 20+. From my understanding the Pro model is designed for lower handicappers in the ~5 range but I feel that I'd be better off going for the pro model. I'm not sure if you can 'cheat' the regular TS but I'd like to go all-in on fixing the faults of my swing and really work the TS Pro until I get it right.

Is the above rational or am I better off in getting the standard model?

[quote name='Rockefella' timestamp='1302101385' post='3125588']
I've been reading on and off about the Tour Striker this past year. I know I definitely cast the club a bit and am looking into purchasing either the TS or TS pro model. My question is:

My handicap is high: 20+. From my understanding the Pro model is designed for lower handicappers in the ~5 range but I feel that I'd be better off going for the pro model. I'm not sure if you can 'cheat' the regular TS but I'd like to go all-in on fixing the faults of my swing and really work the TS Pro until I get it right.

Is the above rational or am I better off in getting the standard model?
[/quote]

Get the Pro 7. You can always start the ball on a fluffy turf or even on a tee until you can start using in on closely mown surfaces.

Thanks for the interest.

Martin

[quote name='nickrut' timestamp='1302059133' post='3124581']
Chuck, how long do you guys normally take to ship? Ordered it Sunday night and added expedited processing and according to the website, it still hasn't shipped. Not trying to be a pain, just curious...
[/quote]

nick, PM me your name and I'll look up the order. Did you customize it?? That adds some time. Sorry.

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1302028619' post='3122637']
[/quote]

Watch this video to understand how AoA is related to the direction of the plane line and true path of the club. then grasp the pebble from my hand

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sIQ-7DJJbU[/youtube]

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Getting the tour stiker in the air without too much issue ------------- still over the top. First laid off and over the tope. Working hard on getting on plane and getting much better. However, I am still over the top ------ swing thought to start the downswing ???? Drills with TS?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1