why US pathetic in soccer?

2005h4

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the answer but they sure as hell looked pathetic today. No one was going after the ball. They all just stood around waiting for it to come to them. Donovan and Beasley didn't attack guys 1-v-1 like they normally do for some reason. They better get their act together before the face Italy next Saturday or else they'll be packing their bags and heading home for sure. :crazy:

[b]Golfer | Clubfitter | Kayaker | Photographer[/b]

Probably because "real" football is still king. It's the top sport that is distinctly American.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Well I agree with a lot of things there! But!!!! This must be added. How long has the U.S. had any focus on Soccer? 98 when it started getting big? Most of the other countries have been playing soccer forever. But with all that said, the U.S. still did not need to be on that field today. I am hoping it is some type of tatical counter of some kind,lol. That is my story, I have seen the U.S. play 50 times better, reguardless of the team they were playing. They were all just like on other guy said, standing there waiting on the ball. You can not do that in any soccer game, let alone the World Cup. If you want it, go get it. Don't show up, grab the free t-shirt and tell everyone you will see them in 4 years!

But what about the Aussies! 3-1 win over Japan after dominating the entire game and Japan getting a dodgy call for their only goal.

Bring on Brazil!!! :crazy: :yahoo:

Oh yeah - we call it soccer too...

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

because......

its not your no.1 sport

you dont have the soccer history everyone else has

you call it soccer

you call strikers ''offense''!!

the standard is your home leaugue, the mls is terrible

its simply not in your genes the same way it is in brazil argentina england or anyway where in europe

football in america i think is seen as a young childs sport where they get driven to ''soccer practice'' [football training here in ireland!] by their moms in SUV'S whereas anyway else its a game of the tough talented teenagers and men

if you had to qualify here in europe for the world cup...you simply would not have gone through

your manager looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole yesterday and die....could he have been less interested??? nice way to inspire confidence in your players

I played for a top US club team during HS (also competed in the Dallas Cup) and can echo Cedar Rapids HH. I think the reason the talent gap exists is because the Euro teams you play at the Dallas cup are made up of guys who are playing in development programs within big club teams from a very young age. Here in the US, guys miss that good development because they are going to college where the style of play is not up to par with international youth sides. The use of the NCAA as a talent development process has got to go. Clearly our most talented althletes are not playing the game either, but they would have a heck of a lot better chance to make something of themselves if they didn't have to resort to the NCAA to get them to the professional level.

Ahhh, the professional level. That is an easy point as well. The MLS is low rate and since most of our guys are living it up in complacency and not challenging the best players in the world every day, of course they are not going to match up in the WC.

Give it some time, maybe something good will happen, on the other hand maybe not.

Thanks for reading.

its because our best athletes don't play soccer. Our best athletes are football, basketball, or baseball players.

I don't know about that either. Our last couple of showings in basketball and baseball have not been stellar on a global level either. Other than American football the rest of the world has pretty much caught up to the US in almost every professional sport. Look at the NBA and MLB. It's the United Nations in there now. Honestly I think that Americans have gotten lazy and our own arrogance is kicking us in the butt.

Listen becareful with the USA because THEY CAN be DEADLY.

the only way they could be deadly is if they carried guns on to the pitch or if there was oil in the other teams six yard box!

what's with you lot saying 'real' football anyway!? you are the only country that calls it that as far as i know!

the biggest joke was when someone said because in 'real' football they like to kick the s**t out of each other. what a load of c**p! american football involves a few fairys or fat guys who weigh 300 pounds dressing up like a 12th century knights and jumping into each other! it's not brutal because they wear so much blooming padding. i've heard a story many-a-time about a British Rugby team going to America on tour and the americans refused to play rugby because it was 'too violent' and that the only way they would play is if they got to wear their padding.

what a bunch of pussys.

the only way they could be deadly is if they carried guns on to the pitch or if there was oil in the other teams six yard box!

what's with you lot saying 'real' football anyway!? you are the only country that calls it that as far as i know!

the biggest joke was when someone said because in 'real' football they like to kick the s**t out of each other. what a load of c**p! american football involves a few fairys or fat guys who weigh 300 pounds dressing up like a 12th century knights and jumping into each other! it's not brutal because they wear so much blooming padding. i've heard a story many-a-time about a British Rugby team going to America on tour and the americans refused to play rugby because it was 'too violent' and that the only way they would play is if they got to wear their padding.

what a bunch of pussys.

Casting out some flame bait are we? I guess all the injuries, concussions, and compound fractures are all faked huh? Come to the states bro, me and my buddies will setup a friendly game of non-padded football, and your invited! :crazy:

i've heard a story many-a-time about a British Rugby team going to America on tour and the americans refused to play rugby because it was 'too violent' and that the only way they would play is if they got to wear their padding.

what a bunch of pussys.

It's not that we're afraid to play the British in Rugby, it's just that we care about our teeth.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

It's simple, when you were growing up you didn't play a pick up game of soccer, you played whiffle ball, football or basketball. Many other countries have a more different culture, where soccer is king. Soccer just doesn't have a flare in the states, much like hockey and lacrosse. We don't have near the athletes that soccer has because our athletes play football, baseball and basketball.

i've heard a story many-a-time about a British Rugby team going to America on tour and the americans refused to play rugby because it was 'too violent' and that the only way they would play is if they got to wear their padding.

what a bunch of pussys.

It's not that we're afraid to play the British in Rugby, it's just that we care about our teeth.

bawahahahahahaha..... :crazy:

what a bunch of pussys.

Casting out some flame bait are we? I guess all the injuries, concussions, and compound fractures are all faked huh? Come to the states bro, me and my buddies will setup a friendly game of non-padded football, and your invited! :crazy:

i would happily play. seing as you think that American football is so dangerous with all these fractures, you should know that the biggest cause of death or serious injury is from heat stress as a result of all that stupid padding that is designed to make some weedy kid look hard. on average 6 college 'footballers' die each year from it.

just for the opinion polls, which guy do you think is tougher?

and just for the injury debate

what a bunch of pussys.

Casting out some flame bait are we? I guess all the injuries, concussions, and compound fractures are all faked huh? Come to the states bro, me and my buddies will setup a friendly game of non-padded football, and your invited! :friends:

i would happily play. seing as you think that American football is so dangerous with all these fractures, you should know that the biggest cause of death or serious injury is from heat stress as a result of all that stupid padding that is designed to make some weedy kid look hard. on average 6 college 'footballers' die each year from it.

just for the opinion polls, which guy do you think is tougher?

and just for the injury debate

way to show a picture of a NCAA kicker... i'll take brian urlacher over the dude with the gash in his head any day...

i don't know why the us is terrible at soccer, seems to me that we have more than enough mexicans in this country that we should be doin a okay...