2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I think I got jobbed on eBay

gjones77

Well, I won an auction on eBay Sunday night

(found out Monday morning, and since I use a seperate account for PayPal and had to deposite the money, paid Tuesday night)

Here are the clubs: http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0...Item=7246683421

His user name is maconfudd

Now I haven't heard from the seller since, with the exception of the email PayPal sent to say he was shipping the clubs through the USPS, and gave a tracking number.

Now since then (This was Thursday) it hasn't been updated and only says they were informed to expect the package, and the seller doesn't respond to emails at all.

So I told him that I would wait one more day and then report him to eBay and PayPal, if he doesn't respond, and I will also file a complaint with the FBI's internet fraud division (didn't mention that).

Am I being rash or do you believe that I'm being resonable?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USPS's site is pretty much useless from what I have found. It only updates when the package is delivered or when a notice is left if said package requires a signature. It isn't really all that great for tracking the shipping process like UPS's Tracking tool is.

Depending on how it was shipped and the distance between you and him, I would imagine you should have received the item within 3 days. Again, only if the package was shipped USPS Priority.

The USPS tracking is a joke. I sell on ebay all the time, user name armychris, and if the shipping is done online, it will never show when it is shipped, just delivered. I live in statesboro, ga, and I have found that the shipping times they give have been decent until 2 weeks ago where it seems they are running about 1-2 days behine. Give it till thursday or friday and if it not there then, then Sic the dogs on him. He should have responded to your messages though. There is no excuse for that. Also, have you requested contact info? At the top right of the page, click on advanced search. Look to the left when the screen reloads. Click on find contact information. Enter his screen name, and the auction number and it will e-mail you all their contact info on him, icluding his phone number. Then you can give him a call and see what is going on. I have had to do this a couple of times. They will also e-mail him a notice saying you have his contact info now. Hope this helps and that it gets resolved soon.

choeppner I really appreciate your help here.

And everyone else is right, I am being a bit rash, I'm just a type A personality and get a little perturbed when things don't run in the expected motions.

My only complaint is just communication, when a person invests their money in you, you should have some decentcy to let them know what's going on.

As for USPS, I actually perfer them, and asked him to use them, I just should of told him Priority Mail, he used parcel post.

FedEx is alright, but UPS will sit on a package for a day or so if they get it there early, so I really can't stand them, but USPS priority mail is usually faster than UPS and FedEx (most things arrive in 2 - 3 days or less)

None the less, I've calmed down and will not do anything rash, thanks for pointing out my ignorance :yahoo:

And if the eBayer I purchased these from reads things, I hope you'll accept my appologies.

Thats the problem...Parcel post. I shipped aclub to hawaii parcel post and it took 2 1/2 weeks to get there. Parcel post is the slowest they have. USPS is not expensive. I sent a set of clubs I sold on ebay to KY today via USPS priority w/ Insuance and Delivery CXonf. and it only ran 13 dollars. I am sure you will get your package. I always ask for USPS priority mail as well. I like them because I always know that within 3 days I will normally get my item, and I wll get it around 8-9 in the morning when my mail comes.

I would agree with the others - chill out for another few days - Parcel Post takes awhile.

I use USPS Priority and like it better than Fed Ex and UPS - its usually cheaper and faster compared to the most comparable services offered. USPS has been very reliable for me and the PO is pretty convenient for me to drop off stuff.

However, the USPS delivery confirmation service is not tracking like with Fed Ex or UPS - its just delivery confirmation. You shouldn't expect to be able to get info on the exact location of the package - it just tells you when the item has been delivered. I have no idea why USPS doesn't offer a real "tracking" service - they seem to have the technology to do so.

Of course, the seller should have promptly responded to your questions.

I get hot just reading this, I have a question? The auction ended Sunday you paid Tuesday night or 3 days which would be Wednesday, he states in his auction that it could be 3 business days before he ships. Where do you get off on thursday saying you would turn him into ebay and paypal? Look at your timeline, you would p me off and I would drag it out if you direspected me like that. USPS might have gotten intention to ship, but not have the clubs, if he is doing delivery confirmation or tracking # you can just about bet it is priority shipping, and you can go into usps and have you email the packages progress. You sound like you have cooled down but you should have never gotten twisted in the first place.

just my 2 cents

I get hot just reading this, I have a question? The auction ended Sunday you paid Tuesday night or 3 days which would be Wednesday, he states in his auction that it could be 3 business days before he ships. Where do you get off on thursday saying you would turn him into ebay and paypal? Look at your timeline, you would p me off and I would drag it out if you direspected me like that. USPS might have gotten intention to ship, but not have the clubs, if he is doing delivery confirmation or tracking # you can just about bet it is priority shipping, and you can go into usps and have you email the packages progress. You sound like you have cooled down but you should have never gotten twisted in the first place.

just my 2 cents

1: I checked, it's parcel post, not priority

2: My complaint isn't so much the time period, it's the lack of e-mail response

3: The tracking mearly states that the USPS was notified to expect the package, nothing more, I contacted him

to find out if it was shipped, when he didn't respond to any emails that's when I worried

Now I mearly asked if I was being rash is worrying so quickly, I didn't ask for people to start getting ignorant and insulting, so please, no need to be a jerk.

And when a person spends money on a product they deserve at least the courtesy of knowing it's status

So please Chughes, no need to be ignorant, as I've been quite polite, even to the seller when I e-mailed him

"Now I mearly asked if I was being rash is worrying so quickly, I didn't ask for people to start getting ignorant and insulting, so please, no need to be a jerk.

And when a person spends money on a product they deserve at least the courtesy of knowing it's status

So please Chughes, no need to be ignorant, as I've been quite polite, even to the seller when I e-mailed him"

Again you go off, saying I am ignorant, and a jerk. Read the title of your post to begin with " I Think I got Jobbed on Ebay" polite, not, you also do not write as one who would be quite polite, you come across as an impudent punk, who wants things their way, in their time frame. It does have to do with the time frame, and how you worded your" if you don't answer me I will tell on you" email to the buyer. I have done 450 transactions on ebay, not a lot by some standards with 100% positive. So please think what and how you say what you say. I just jumped in on something I should not have. Leave me out.

Here's your one neg.

"POOR COMMUNICATION, NEVER EMAILED WITH PROBLEM, SELLERS BEWARE

Seller barefootgolfer ( 5609) Jan-17-06 04:59 7207280407

Reply by gjones77: Lies, I sent 2 e-mails, PayPal sent e-mails and no response Jan-17-06 05:56

Follow-up by barefootgolfer: DID CHARGEBACK AND KEPT THE JACKET, SELLERS BEWARE OF FRAUD "

"Now I mearly asked if I was being rash is worrying so quickly, I didn't ask for people to start getting ignorant and insulting, so please, no need to be a jerk.

So please Chughes, no need to be ignorant, as I've been quite polite, even to the seller when I e-mailed him"

Again you go off, saying I am ignorant, and a jerk. Read the title of your post to begin with " I Think I got Jobbed on Ebay" polite, not, you also do not write as one who would be quite polite, you come across as an impudent punk, who wants things their way, in their time frame. It does have to do with the time frame, and how you worded your" if you don't answer me I will tell on you" email to the buyer. I have done 450 transactions on ebay, not a lot by some standards with 100% positive. So please think what and how you say what you say. I just jumped in on something I should not have. Leave me out.

Here's your one neg.

"POOR COMMUNICATION, NEVER EMAILED WITH PROBLEM, SELLERS BEWARE

Seller barefootgolfer ( 5609) Jan-17-06 04:59 7207280407

Reply by gjones77: Lies, I sent 2 e-mails, PayPal sent e-mails and no response Jan-17-06 05:56

Follow-up by barefootgolfer: DID CHARGEBACK AND KEPT THE JACKET, SELLERS BEWARE OF FRAUD "

Nothing I can do about that negative, the guy sent the wrong size and never returned emails from myself or PayPal or eBay, so he left me a nagative when I put in a complaint with PayPal, it happens.

Now I'm not going to get into pissing contest here, you want to get all hot and bothered go ahead

But since you're making statements without really knowing all the info you really look like an a**

And impudent punk?

I'm far from that, I'm a guy who expects a certain amount of courtesy, no more or less than I extend, which I did.

As for the title of the thread, you'll notice it says "I Think", meaning that I'm unsure and was hoping to see what the opinion of a few people on here would be

And I have no problem with you jumping in and giving an opinion, just doesn't need to be in a rude and insulting manner.

So please, lets end this here as I want nothing to do with you or your opinions from this point out, and I'll do that same for you.