Blair O'Neal part of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue

tbowles411

Well, there you go...

Get all the mileage you can girl!

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/shag-bag/oneal-part-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-41534/

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1298131270' post='2992325']
It's interesting to me that they just used a re-touched (added elipses to the bikini fabric) photo off her web site. I'm her bigest fan(according to Awsi) but I just don't believe that her game is good enough and there's no shame in that.
[/quote]

Yeah that's an old pic... Come on Cobra at least pony up for a new photo shoot... Maybe they didn't want to pay the make-up bill...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='villa' timestamp='1298887056' post='3013029']
Does it make me gay that I was more interested that The Golf Channel can't spell Dominican?
[/quote]

YES! haha.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

Just saw that Blair is playing this week's Cactus Tour event. I'm a bit surprised that she would play three rounds before next week's Kia and the fact that she shot 76 on her first round yesterday isn't great either. Seems to me that if she doesn't do well this week it wouldn't be any help with her confidence going into next week.

Sometimes you just need the reps to get yourself ready, ya know?

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1300203671' post='3057185']
Just saw that Blair is playing this week's Cactus Tour event. I'm a bit surprised that she would play three rounds before next week's Kia and the fact that she shot 76 on her first round yesterday isn't great either. Seems to me that if she doesn't do well this week it wouldn't be any help with her confidence going into next week.[/quote]

Blair bounced back with a 72, missing the money by 2 shots. Two day event, as opposed to the customary three, due to the LPGA in Phoenix this week.

I agree with tbowles, any tournament action a week in advance is a benefit for Blair.

The Cactus Tour is run by a new guy this year and I wish he hadn't made changes to the website. The group picture of the money winners in each event was always a nice touch but it's missing so far this year. And the results are bunched in all caps for some inane reason, difficult to read. Previously there was a nice color scheme and easily readable spacing and fonts.

Jennifer Johnson won the Cactus Tour event by 3 shots. She previously was granted a sponsors exemption this week for the Founders Cup so this was a sensible warmup. Only 9 women attempted the qualifier today, with Ryann O'Toole failing to grab one of the two spots. She's stuck 2nd on the alternate list.

I didn't realize that the Cactus event was only two days this week but it was good to see Blair bounce back with a solid round.

Looking at the Kia entry list I was a bit surprised to not see Gerina Mendosa's name listed...not even as an alternate. What was the big deal about her finishing top five on the Duramed last year? Maybe she's injured?

[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1300287317' post='3060462']
Looking at the Kia entry list I was a bit surprised to not see Gerina Mendosa's name listed...not even as an alternate. What was the big deal about her finishing top five on the Duramed last year? Maybe she's injured?[/quote]

Gerina was listed in the field this week but apparently did not play. Injury is a good guess.

I'm not sure she's played competitively since the final Futures Tour event last September.

Good deal for Blair, featured on Golf Channel's promo for the Kia Classic, noting it's her LPGA debut.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1300581969' post='3070177']
[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1300287317' post='3060462']
Looking at the Kia entry list I was a bit surprised to not see Gerina Mendosa's name listed...not even as an alternate. What was the big deal about her finishing top five on the Duramed last year? Maybe she's injured?[/quote]

Gerina was listed in the field this week but apparently did not play. Injury is a good guess. [/quote]

Took me one minute after posting to guess both of us missed something fairly basic. Sure enough, Gerina is playing this week. She's now using her married name Gerina Piller. It must have been a late decision because the entry list said Mendoza.

Not bad so far, 72-71.

She's in the Kia field.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1301880410' post='3115733']
I noticed that Blair is listed in the field for next week's Futures Tour event in [size="2"]Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico[/size]
[/quote]

Is the Future's Tour basically off the entire month of May? It's sad how women's golf is on such a decline with the number of events.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1301881041' post='3115768']
Is the Future's Tour basically off the entire month of May? It's sad how women's golf is on such a decline with the number of events.[/quote]

Yep, only 15 tournaments this year, the lowest I can remember. Normally it's at least 17 or 18.

And I don't understand how Ryann O'Toole can bypass the first event, with so few on the schedule toward Top 5 and an LPGA card. It's like conceding a 7% advantage to the field. Ryann attempted LPGA Monday qualifying that week in California and apparently decided against flying to Florida for the Futures Tour event when she failed. Jennifer Johnson made the trip after failing to qualify, and banked more than $9000 in the Futures Tour event.

BTW, I won't mention the name but a decent Futures Tour player shot 97 in the final round last Sunday, including a 14 on her second hole of the day, a par 4.

It wasn't Carling Coffing but she has fared poorly so far with two missed cuts and a scoring average of 78, after changing all her equipment and using a new coach in the offseason. Carling joked she was considering a switch to lefthanded after the season opening 81.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1301968054' post='3120056']
Is the Future's Tour basically off the entire month of May? It's sad how women's golf is on such a decline with the number of events.[/quote]

Yep, only 15 tournaments this year, the lowest I can remember. Normally it's at least 17 or 18.

And I don't understand how Ryann O'Toole can bypass the first event, with so few on the schedule toward Top 5 and an LPGA card. It's like conceding a 7% advantage to the field. Ryann attempted LPGA Monday qualifying that week in California and apparently decided against flying to Florida for the Futures Tour event when she failed. Jennifer Johnson made the trip after failing to qualify, and banked more than $9000 in the Futures Tour event.

BTW, I won't mention the name but a decent Futures Tour player shot 97 in the final round last Sunday, including a 14 on her second hole of the day, a par 4.

It wasn't Carling Coffing but she has fared poorly so far with two missed cuts and a scoring average of 78, after changing all her equipment and using a new coach in the offseason. Carling joked she was considering a switch to lefthanded after the season opening 81.
[/quote]

Wish I could get paid $560 to shoot 97 LOL.. wow what an anomaly. take away the one hole and it's still in the high 80's.

BTW what is up with those results pages...they look like my local league results. DFT needs to step it up a bit in the style dept...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1302028191' post='3122593']
[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1301968054' post='3120056']

[/quote]

Wish I could get paid $560 to shoot 97 LOL.. wow what an anomaly. take away the one hole and it's still in the high 80's.

BTW what is up with those results pages...they look like my local league results. DFT needs to step it up a bit in the style dept...
[/quote]

There is no more "Duramed" Futures Tour...it's the LPGA FT now. They've also made some changes like not sending out results emails and a recap story after each round. The option to even register and have something pushed out isn't there either. Think they're missing a marketing opportunity here. Also think the LPGA website has taken a step backwards. They would do well to look at the user experience of the PGA website. While not perfect, it's much easier to find things and navigate the site.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1302031543' post='3122834']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1302028191' post='3122593']

[/quote]

There is no more "Duramed" Futures Tour...it's the LPGA FT now. They've also made some changes like not sending out results emails and a recap story after each round. The option to even register and have something pushed out isn't there either. Think they're missing a marketing opportunity here. Also think the LPGA website has taken a step backwards. They would do well to look at the user experience of the PGA website. While not perfect, it's much easier to find things and navigate the site.[/quote]

I agree on all accounts. The LPGA website is increasingly complicated and now that they've taken over the Futures Tour that website has declined also. I've already complained twice. At least they fixed one problem I mentioned, a ridiculous use of PDF downloads for the player roster of the upcoming event instead of a simple direct link.

I did enjoy the brief video with Kathleen Ekey last week. Cutie. I hope she tried out for the next female Big Break and is selected. Auditions were last week in Daytona.

BTW, this week they are going out in foursomes in the opening two rounds. Not sure I've seen that recently in professional golf.

[quote name='villa' timestamp='1298887056' post='3013029']
Does it make me gay that I was more interested that The Golf Channel can't spell Dominican?
[/quote]

What about Domenican???

To answer your question, YES...or at the very least that your obsessive compulsive attention to spelling is distracting you from more important things.

Now the Futures Tour has completely redesigned its website to mirror the look of LPGA.com. Some areas of improvement but as DavePelz4 noted a few days ago it's not an easily navigated site and now it's taking many more clicks than I'm accustomed to.

And the past performance charts are not available at all, which is absurd. I clicked on many players' names and instead of a readily available listing of every recent score it required an additional click to a summary chart of "Low 9 Hole Score" and similar nonsense. I hope it's a short term transition problem and not something they've decided to eliminate. That aspect was always superior on the Futures Tour site, every result from the current season quickly viewed in a small uncluttered setting.

Maybe the Live Scoring will be improved to maintain the hole by hole results from every round and not merely the most recent round.

Not bad from Blair today, a 74 for +1 on a course heavy with par 5s. She birdied two of them consecutively.

Hard to figure what's going on with Libby Smith, who shot the 97 last week. Today she opened with 9 and 9, equating to a 49 on her front 9. I suspected a major injury or illness but she was only +2 on her second nine. Smith has been a mid level player for as long as I've followed the Futures Tour, with no history of scores like that.

I'm just back from a trip away from any computing devices so I'm just getting back into the discussion. Good catch on Gerina, Awsi. I see she missed the Kia cut shooting 75,78.

This week at least Blair is back to her mid-70's normal self :o) to start. Nice to see that Lili Alvarez shot a solid 68. As of 9:30 EDT I see Ryann has eagled the first hole of her 2nd round...great start!

[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1302364138' post='3135735']
I'm just back from a trip away from any computing devices so I'm just getting back into the discussion. Good catch on Gerina, Awsi. I see she missed the Kia cut shooting 75,78.

This week at least Blair is back to her mid-70's normal self :o) to start. Nice to see that Lili Alvarez shot a solid 68. As of 9:30 EDT I see Ryann has eagled the first hole of her 2nd round...great start![/quote]

Good to have you back, RAD. I'm extremely jealous of a non-computing trip.

Tough round yesterday for Blair.

On edit: Ryann O'Toole wins at -8. Great final round of -6. Ryann has proven she can close when it counts. In checking the leaders' scorecards it looks like Ryann was in the clubhouse at -8 when Nicole Smith birdied 16 and 17 to tie. But Nicole bogeyed the par 5 18th to give Ryann the victory.

BTW, Lori Atsedes of Big Break Ka'anapali and Dominican Republic has apparently retired from the Futures Tour. She has not played any of the first three events.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1302458978' post='3138515']
[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1302364138' post='3135735']

This week at least Blair is back to her mid-70's normal self :o) to start. Nice to see that Lili Alvarez shot a solid 68. As of 9:30 EDT I see Ryann has eagled the first hole of her 2nd round...great start![/quote]

Good to have you back, RAD. I'm extremely jealous of a non-computing trip.

Tough round yesterday for Blair.

On edit: Ryann O'Toole wins at -8. Great final round of -6. Ryann has proven she can close when it counts. In checking the leaders' scorecards it looks like Ryann was in the clubhouse at -8 when Nicole Smith birdied 16 and 17 to tie. But Nicole bogied the par 5 18th to give Ryann the victory.

BTW, Lori Atsedes of Big Break Ka'anapali and Domincan Republic has apparently retired from the Futures Tour. She has not played any of the first three events.
[/quote]

A bad round for Blair is putting it mildly :0)...81, ouch some more. What a weekend for Ryann! Probably correct about Lori not playing the Futures this year although I wouldn't be surprised to see her pop up at a few events this year.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='RAD3' timestamp='1299689799' post='3040034']
Just read on Blair's Twitter page that she has picked up another sponser's exemption for the Avnet event in late April. be nice if she could pick up a few more :0)[/quote]

Avnet begins tomorrow. Here is a link to another GolfWRX thread (much appreciated), with pictures of many LPGA players -- including Blair -- and their clubs:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/468934-2011-avnet-lpga-classic-monday-pics-part-1/

Thanks for those links, Awsi :0) Blair and Sara as Mardi Gras Queens...who woulda thunk it? I kinda wish that for just one event Blair could concentrate on golf only but I guess the extra stuff comes along with a sponsor's exemption. She's having another not-so-good first round.. +6 thru 15 :0( Sara is playing pretty well at even thru 11