Houston Golf Clubs

illinikyle

Moving to town October 1
Hey guys...

I'm moving to Houston in about a month and I'm looking to join a club in the area. Any suggestions you can give me would be a great help. I have been looking at some websites and I'm interested in the membership at Redstone that includes golf privilages at Houstonian and Black Horse. Does anybody here know what type of dues/initiation this membership would demand? Are any of you members at clubs that you can recommend? Thanks in advance guys. I look forward to hooking up with some of you for some golf once I get moved in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys...

I'm moving to Houston in about a month and I'm looking to join a club in the area. Any suggestions you can give me would be a great help. I have been looking at some websites and I'm interested in the membership at Redstone that includes golf privilages at Houstonian and Black Horse. Does anybody here know what type of dues/initiation this membership would demand? Are any of you members at clubs that you can recommend? Thanks in advance guys. I look forward to hooking up with some of you for some golf once I get moved in.

Joining clubs is awesome, but things are either hit and miss in terms of pricing and quality. You're either going to be paying a lot, driving a lot, or making do with a less than ideal course.

Something I would consider is that several of the mid-high end public courses have neat packages for $1500-$2500 which allow you unlimited golf, range, and cart packages which are great values. I believe Wildcat has one for $300 a month which gives you access to 36 holes, range fees, and cart fees included. It's not a country club, but that's pretty hard to beat since that's the initation fees at most places before you tack on range fees, cart fees, minimum food service charges, etc.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still finalizing my plan as to where I will be living, so I will post when I know more information. I wouldn't be against joining any of the public courses, especially if the money was right. It doesn't have to be private. I'm just looking for a good course that I would enjoy.

What part of town will your office be in? The road situtation has actually gotten better here over the last couple of years but still has a long way to go.

Make sure you guys take care of my fellow Illini. Don't send him to the wrong part of town or get him in the middle of PO-lice chases just yet...save that for the second meeting!!!

Choosing a club will depend largely on where you live....you don't want to drive all over town just to play somwhere where you're a member....trust me.

Anyways, the Blackhorse/Houstonian/Redstone is probably the best "higher end" deal in town. Fish Creek is just an awesome course if you live up North and a very good deal. Most courses have "memberships" now, so you should find it pretty easy to find a place anywhere.

Anyways, welcome to Houston and we'll arrange an initial playing with TMFAN or BOPPER since the rest of us are too rude/sarcastic (especially Sam) for an initial game.... :cheesy:

Choosing a club will depend largely on where you live....you don't want to drive all over town just to play somwhere where you're a member....trust me.

Anyways, the Blackhorse/Houstonian/Redstone is probably the best "higher end" deal in town. Fish Creek is just an awesome course if you live up North and a very good deal. Most courses have "memberships" now, so you should find it pretty easy to find a place anywhere.

Anyways, welcome to Houston and we'll arrange an initial playing with TMFAN or BOPPER since the rest of us are too rude/sarcastic (especially Sam) for an initial game.... :fool:

I have to be humble right now, I would be nice to Keith if I think it could help me. :cheesy:

Because the market is so saturated with courses right now it is a great time to be a consumer looking for a membership and like I said in the previous post the road thing is finally starting to get better.

I remember even 4 or 5 years ago how bad 45 North was in the Spring area. It used to be bad enough that going to The Woodlands it was quicker to the The Hardy and now from 8 to The Woodlands it takes 10 minutes tops. Even when I go meet you down at Sweetwater Tony it only takes me about 40 minutes from Kingwood, in the past I would have to take the beltway around. By 2012 they will have I-10 finished and then around 2020 Grand Parkway finished and we will be set!

What part of town will your office be in? The road situtation has actually gotten better here over the last couple of years but still has a long way to go.

Make sure you guys take care of my fellow Illini. Don't send him to the wrong part of town or get him in the middle of PO-lice chases just yet...save that for the second meeting!!!

Derek you know us better than that, you guys come down here and tear up our stuff and pillage our women.

BTW pillage on a golf forum is a triple word score, that's financial strength!

Anyways, welcome to Houston and we'll arrange an initial playing with TMFAN or BOPPER since the rest of us are too rude/sarcastic (especially Sam) for an initial game.... :cheesy:

yeah, but Sam's welcome kits = TOP NOTCH!!!!

You were a celeb, someone once said to treat all my celeb clients like that.

Maybe on America's Most Wanted!!! Well, and the owner of the most fantastic website this side of The Mississippi!!!

Anyways, welcome to Houston and we'll arrange an initial playing with TMFAN or BOPPER since the rest of us are too rude/sarcastic (especially Sam) for an initial game.... :fool:

Maybe on America's Most Wanted!!! Well, and the owner of the most fantastic website this side of The Mississippi!!!

Lord knows I'm jealous! :cheesy:

Lord knows I'm jealous! :cheesy:

Jealous, yet entertained at the same time...

My office will be in the NorthWest part of the city.

It is just off of US 290 maybe a mile past Beltway 8 on the way out of the city. I hope that makes sense...I'm not at all used to the roads. I will likely either be living somewhere in that direction or uptown near the galleria.

It is just off of US 290 maybe a mile past Beltway 8 on the way out of the city. I hope that makes sense...I'm not at all used to the roads. I will likely either be living somewhere in that direction or uptown near the galleria.

Too bad our place in Galleria got rented out:

http://ts.realtourvision.com/tour/RE/tour....-2121-YS8M13-01

otherwise, it would be cool to have a wrx'er living there......we could play for rental $!! (you'd probably end up living for free... :cheesy:

Sounds like Blackhorse would be a nice place for you.....you would also enjoy Memorial Park if living in the Galleria. either you and Asleep could be a team in the Galleria or you and Drew could be a team out in Cypress if living near work

otherwise, it would be cool to have a wrx'er living there......we could play for rental $!! (you'd probably end up living for free... :cheesy:

Sounds like Blackhorse would be a nice place for you.....you would also enjoy Memorial Park if living in the Galleria. either you and Asleep could be a team in the Galleria or you and Drew could be a team out in Cypress if living near work

Nice looking place...classy. Playing for rent at that place would have really given me something to practice for. :fool:

Nice looking place...classy. Playing for rent at that place would have really given me something to practice for. ;)

not if you've seen me play! :fool:

not if you've seen me play! :cheesy:

Don't worry, I can perform just as poorly as the next guy.

Have any of you played NorthGate CC? The course looks pretty short, but the dues are very low.

Any course that has a decent deal for a junior member works great for me.

You should check into Champions GC. If what I have heard is correct, their Junior Exec. membership cannot be beat for what you get - two of the best courses in town, if not Texas.

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

Tony wants everybody to think he is such a hack, talk about the wolf in sheeps clothes.

comedy always makes up for my embarrassing poor play... :cheesy:

you know what rick? i've actually talked to quite a few places regarding a group of junior memberships.....almost everywhere is starving for $, i bet we could get a good deal together if there's enough people wanting to join together!