Vegas players?

CSagan

Hey guys, been a lurker on this forum for a while mainly from reading slicefixer stuff, who I now take lessons from! What a great teacher.

Β 

Anyways, looking for any Vegas area players to play with. I'm a 2 handicap and working hard to improve. I have a few guys I play with but they're always working and its hard to get something set up. I'm up in the Henderson area fwiw.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings

I live in Phx. and my daughter is a incoming freshman golfer at UNLV. I anticipate quite a few trips up there in the future and maybe we can get out for a round or two. We played a couple of her home courses this past fri/sat. Bolder Creek and Rio Secco, Bolder is a fun 27 holes, Rio is just ok... Planning to move her up next weekend and playing another one of the schools home tracks Piaute....maybe in the future we can get out for a round or two. Anywhere you like to play ?

UNLV will use Bolder as there main track but also use Rio, Anthem, Paiute, LVCC also. WRX is a great place to find others that have the passion to play golf... Hasta Jay

Ping G400 LST 10Β° GD-MT6
Ping g400 3wd
Ping g400 5wd
Ping G 7wd
Ping G 22Β°
Ping I-200 6-gw
Ping Glide 54ss~58ss
Seemore Del Mar x3

I'm near Lake Mead and Boulder Hwy in Henderson. Not quite as low a HCP as you, but I'd be happy to meet up for a game sometime.

I'm still working on hitting all the courses in town. 6 down, several to go...

Mizuno ST200G 9Β° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TXΒ  Β 
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13Β° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5Β° bent to 17Β° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21Β° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25Β° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xΒ 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1xΒ 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F /Β Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1313438248' post='3488901']
I'm near Lake Mead and Boulder Hwy in Henderson. Not quite as low a HCP as you, but I'd be happy to meet up for a game sometime.

I'm still working on hitting all the courses in town. 6 down, several to go...
[/quote]

Cool man, not too far away. I'd imagine you play Tuscany often? I wanna get out to Boulder City to play their courses we'll have to set something up.

Not quite as low a handicap either but since most of my friends work weekends i am usually looking for a game. I am in the s. west off of Blue Diamond, so i play all over town except up North really.

Ping G20 Tour S Flex
Ping G25 5-UW Silver Dot, red/gray NDMC
Cleveland Halo 19* 2h
Callaway 54*, 56*, 58*
TM Corza Ghost

This weekend is booked for me, but I'd definitely be up for next weekend if anyone is interested. Courses I've played so far this year:

Rhodes Ranch- Nice when I played it, but heard some of the greens were burned out and on temp green.
Wildhorse- Always tough and tight.
Tuscany- Some spotty areas, but otherwise good shape.
Angel Park (Palm)- great shape Greens were holding really well and the fairways were lush.
TPC LV (Summerlin)- Firmest greens of the group. I feel like I left a lot of strokes out there since I didn't have a yardage book the first time out.

I've played Paiute and Rio Secco in the past, but would be happy to play them again. If there are any courses that are not on this list, I'm always up for trying out a new course.

[quote name='lowballbomber' timestamp='1313558941' post='3494716']
I live in Summerlin. 1.9 index right now. I can only play in weekends though. Mornings preferred, unless I find a really great mid day deal. Let know know if you are up for playing.
[/quote]

I might be up for a round this weekend if the rate isn't too bad. I try not to pay over $40 during the summer for golf out here. Got anywhere in mind?

I'm in southeast Vegas and play a few times a week usually. I can get a deal at Royal Links since I work there- they just re-opened after tons of work, so gonna check it out today to see how it looks. Best courses in town I've played as far as conditions are Badland. Primm, Payute or Boulder Creek are usually nice and worth the drive. Rhodes' green are shot unfortunately. The rest of the course is nice, but you basically have to play auto two putt they are so patchy and inconsistent.

I'd be down to play royal links sometime for sure, never have played it. Def wanna do Paiute and Boulder Creek. I was looking into playing the Las Vegas Ctiy Am in October and looked up the course......Las Vegas Golf Club - could be a fun little course if the greens were decent, only 6300yds from the TIPS! Greens was burnt out bumpy/slow. Wont be back there again ever, unless for that tourney.

[quote name='CSagan' timestamp='1313609838' post='3496580']
I'd be down to play royal links sometime for sure, never have played it. Def wanna do Paiute and Boulder Creek. I was looking into playing the Las Vegas Ctiy Am in October and looked up the course......Las Vegas Golf Club - could be a fun little course if the greens were decent, only 6300yds from the TIPS! Greens was burnt out bumpy/slow. Wont be back there again ever, unless for that tourney.
[/quote]

Never played Royal Links. I would be up for playing there. I live right at Badlands. Contrary to many, I really like Badlands, because their conditions are always excellent.

[quote name='lowballbomber' timestamp='1313610579' post='3496624']
[/quote]

Never played Royal Links. I would be up for playing there. I live right at Badlands. Contrary to many, I really like Badlands, because their conditions are always excellent.
[/quote]

I can get us a deal on Royal Links, Walters golf of my girlfriends clients. They run Bali Hai, Royal Links, and Desert Pines. I havent played Royal Links yet, but I played Bali Hai which alot of people complain because of the money but a course right on the strip and i think the best greens i have played in Vegas. Let me know and i can see if i can set something up.

Ping G20 Tour S Flex
Ping G25 5-UW Silver Dot, red/gray NDMC
Cleveland Halo 19* 2h
Callaway 54*, 56*, 58*
TM Corza Ghost

[quote name='dbloom136' timestamp='1313611462' post='3496679']I can get us a deal on Royal Links, Walters golf of my girlfriends clients. They run Bali Hai, Royal Links, and Desert Pines. I havent played Royal Links yet, but I played Bali Hai which alot of people complain because of the money but a course right on the strip and i think the best greens i have played in Vegas. Let me know and i can see if i can set something up.
[/quote]

I've never played any of those 3. Feel free to set it up. I'll be available most anytime.

[quote name='dbloom136' timestamp='1313611462' post='3496679']
[quote name='lowballbomber' timestamp='1313610579' post='3496624']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can get us a deal on Royal Links, Walters golf of my girlfriends clients. They run Bali Hai, Royal Links, and Desert Pines. I havent played Royal Links yet, but I played Bali Hai which alot of people complain because of the money but a course right on the strip and i think the best greens i have played in Vegas. Let me know and i can see if i can set something up.
[/quote]

If you can organize for a weekend morning time, I would be up for that.

I'd also be up for Bali Hai before it gets it's date with the wrecking ball. It'll be a shame when they close that one.

Been a few days since I've been on WRX but I'm right between Silverstone and Aliante. I'm an OB card holder so I can get guests very good rates at Aliante, Angel Park and Legacy. I'm also going to be joining the Paiute PACC membership next month so I'll be able to get decent rates there as well.

Can play the weekends early and on a few select weekdays, maybe we can have a Vegas WRX outing :good:

I'll just go along with the other visitor here....I'll be a conference widower over labor day staying on the strip....not sure if I'll bring my own clubs or just rent. Although I'm a low handicap (3-6) and somewhat particular about my clubs...traveling them does not sound right either. My wife will be at a conference 9/3,9/4 and 9/5. If anyone would want to meet up that would be lovely, if not I would love to hear suggestions of how to get from the strip to any of the courses without renting a car or breaking the bank.

Anyone want to get together for this weekend? I'll bring out the R11 irons for anyone that wants to try them. Either that, or I'm hitting the range to work on the swing.

For future visitors, I am in the process of building a set of "visitor clubs" for my brother:
Adams 9015D 9.5Β°/ PX 7B3
Sonartec SS-07 14Β°/ PX 8B4
TM Rescue Dual TP 19Β°/ PX HC1
Hogan Apex Plus 4-PW/ Apex 4
Cleveland CG-15 DSG 52,56,60/ DG S400
Byron Dalehead putter

I figure this is a solid mid-low cap bag for a S/X flex swinger. Once completed, I'll be happy to bring them for anyone that wants to join up and not travel with clubs. Just bring shoes and ammo.

Hope you have them ready the following weekend....:-)

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1314299334' post='3518738']<br />Anyone want to get together for this weekend?Β Β I'll bring out the R11 irons for anyone that wants to try them.Β Β Either that, or I'm hitting the range to work on the swing.<br /><br />For future visitors, I am in the process of building a set of &quot;visitor clubs&quot; for my brother:<br />Adams 9015D 9.5Β°/ PX 7B3<br />Sonartec SS-07 14Β°/ PX 8B4<br />TM Rescue Dual TP 19Β°/ PX HC1<br />Hogan Apex Plus 4-PW/ Apex 4<br />Cleveland CG-15 DSG 52,56,60/ DG S400<br />Byron Dalehead putter<br /><br />I figure this is a solid mid-low cap bag for a S/X flex swinger.Β Β Once completed, I'll be happy to bring them for anyone that wants to join up and not travel with clubs.Β Β Just bring shoes and ammo.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

Anyone available to play next Thursday 9/1 or Saturday 9/3???

Stallion Mountain is getting ready to re-open and as a client of mine I got a couple of rounds. Thursday's round is at 11:00 and Saturday's round is at 10:45, had to take the later rounds as they're reserving the earlier times for the members. Got 3 spots for Thursday and 2 for Saturday so if anyone is interested, let me know.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1314390630' post='3521722']

Stallion Mountain is getting ready to re-open and as a client of mine I got a couple of rounds. Thursday's round is at 11:00 and Saturday's round is at 10:45, had to take the later rounds as they're reserving the earlier times for the members. Got 3 spots for Thursday and 2 for Saturday so if anyone is interested, let me know.
[/quote]

If you still have an opening, mark me down for a Saturday spot. I'll PM you my contact information.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1314390630' post='3521722']

[/quote]

Lock me in for Thursday for sure. If you have a spot left by Saturday I'll take that as well.