2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Diamana....worth it?

wolfgame

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they fit your swing they are worth the money. For some people they may get better results with a cheaper shaft. Just because a shaft costs alot does not mean it is the best shaft for you.

They are very good shafts. They are made from high quality materials that are not cheap.

There may be some cheaper shafts with similar bend profiles, but I don't know if they would have the same feel.

I have read about the blue board and the red board and was wondering if anyone could provide insight on if they are worth the cost. Also would be interested to know what less expensive shaft you would compare them too....if any.

i'll be honest, i thought the diamana and all the other $200+ shafts were overrated. then i got my hands on a nike ignite 460 with a diamana 83. i had had this club two other ocasions, once with a stock fujikura and the other with a nv-65. both times no luck. loss distance compared to my ignite 410 and almost always lost the ball to the right. now this combination of the ignite 460 and the diamana 83 shaft is unbelievable. i am hitting it so long, and so accurate. i am so impressed that i want to get one in my sq, but don't want to drop $275.

the blueboard might not be for everyone, but it is one unreal shaft. i see why tiger went back to it.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

If you have been playing the YS6 and love it, then the Diamana Red would probably fit you better than the Blue. The Red is a little higher launching, with a softer tip, a little more like the GD you have now. I personally can't imagine a better feeling shaft than the Diamana, although I have yet to try the Ozik line.

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

It all depends on what you want out of the shaft and what you like shafts to feel like. I was a long time user of the diamana blue (had one as soon as they hit the streets), but recently switched as I was looking for something different.

To me the things that set Diamana's apart is how stable the shaft is, but keeps a smooth feel. It is truely a shaft that performs well with standard swings, but asks "is that all you got?" when you take a rip. It never feels out of place and puts out exactly what you put into it. If I wasn't using the shaft that I am now, a diamana blue would be in its place.

Is it worth the price? That's up to you.

The diamana (unless something is really wrong with your current combo) is not going to give you magically a bunch of yardage, but it will give you confidence and consistant performance.

Driver - Titleist 917D2 8.5
3 wood - Titleist 917F2 15
Hybrids - Titleist 915Hd 20
Irons - Titleist 716MB 4-9
Wedges - Titleist SM6 48/52/56/62
Putter - Scotty Studio Select Newport 2

I like my current setup...I think. I was hitting some mizuno demo irons the other day (I have DGLites) in mine and I noticed that when I switched between my irons to the demos (MP67s with DG300) that I could "feel" alot more. When I started hitting driver on the range (with nothing to compare it to)....I had a similar feeling. Looking for the right shaft lead to my post....since Diamana is apparently the "best". Thoughts?

It will only work for you if your fit properly for it, that said, prepare for club-ho heresy...

There is no shaft worth the money they get for Diamana et. all. Bank your money, or buy a tech stock (God knows we need it now)...but if you think dropping 3 bills will make you a better golfer, I have both a bridge AND swampland to sell you.

Of course everyone is free to do with their money as they please, it just really pisses me off that there are people who will rip $400 out of a customers pocket and swear to them that this shaft is the panacea for them.

Yes, yes, I know there are people that have had great success/hit it longer than ever/straighter than ever/would kill for these things, and there are probably a few that that is true for...but seeing as how those types of players are one half of one percent, you are not likely one of them (no offense). And typically the players that do benefit from the technology don't pay for their shafts.

I can't wait for the day that someone puts a 'taste test' together for golf shafts...all black matte, then we'd be able to tell the truth once and for all.

But I'm sure that a Diamana 93 X flex with a flower band would be the one chosen.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Ventus Black TR 6x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* Speeder 757 x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* LIN-Q M40X Blue

Wilson D9 4h KBS 80 

Callaway Apex 24 MB 6 to 11 iron, MMT 105 TX

Callaway Jaws 54/58/64 KBS 130

Edel EAS 1.0 custom

Wilson Staff Model Ball

Nearfall....I hear ya' but I kept hearing so much around these things that I started to pursue them. I am a 8 handicap and probably not the best person for one of these....but you mention panacea....and that word is synonymous with golf!! We all search and then realize that an hour on the range dialing in from 50- 100 yards would really be the answer.

Nevertheless, what does it hurt to try? Obviously, I question the "magic power" in a $300 shaft....which is what drove the question.

Appreciate your candid feedback.....and others on this shaft...which is why I posted this....is it worth it?

if the shaft fits you then it's worth it...but if it's a cheaper shaft that works for you then even better!!!

Tm Stealth 2 plus proto driver w/ Fuji Nx Speeder Green 60

Tm Stealth 2 #3 and 5 woods w/ Fuji Nx Speeder Blue 70

Tm P7mc 4-pw w/ KBS $ taper 130 soft stepped 

Tm MG3 50,54,58 w/ KBS Tour

Tm Spider X Tour w/ KBS One Step putter

Tp5x balls

Vessel Carry bag

Nearfall....I hear ya' but I kept hearing so much around these things that I started to pursue them. I am a 8 handicap and probably not the best person for one of these....but you mention panacea....and that word is synonymous with golf!! We all search and then realize that an hour on the range dialing in from 50- 100 yards would really be the answer.

Nevertheless, what does it hurt to try? Obviously, I question the "magic power" in a $300 shaft....which is what drove the question.

Appreciate your candid feedback.....and others on this shaft...which is why I posted this....is it worth it?

an option would be to look for a pull. you would be able to get it for a lot less.

for me, i picked up my ignite 460 w/ diamana for less than $140. in all honesty, i just wanted a 460 for the collection. i found this deal and figured i could pull the shaft and install a extra shaft i have here to put in the ignite and sell the diamana for more than i paid for the driver. after hitting it though. its not going anywhere. i'm debating pulling the shaft and putting it in my sq.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

I have had the blue 83 and then a tour Shaqx and I wasn't impressed with them honestly, but i prefer a stouter feeling shaft (v2, pm702, comp nt) just feels more solid to me, but just for the record the Shaqx was plenty stout just too stout for me (cpm in the 285ish range, i think it was tipped). there has to be something behind them if half the top players in the world are playing them, but like everything else its getting fit correctly. i think if you play a ys 6 then a diamana could fit into what you're looking for definately. hope this helps some.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22