2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Las Vegas Golf

Jay7

help me plan a trip
hello everyone, I am thinking about going to las Vegas from a wednesday to sunday. I have a place to stay 3 minutes off the strip next to the Hilton Hotel.

I would like to play golf 36 holes thursday ad 36 holes friday (and spend time with the family over the weekend)

I am looking to spend between 60-90$ at each course.

my question to you guys is where would you recommend i play?

is there a way to play 2 different courses each day or would i have to do a replay?

I just want to hear some suggestions thank you and i appreciate all the help.

-Jay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many threads discussing recommended Vegas courses on this site if you do a search you'll find lots of opinions. Your best bang for the buck to play 36 holes a day without doing a replay are:

1. Las Vegas Paiute resort - Three excellent courses about 25 minute drive from the strip. They have some good deals for mutiple roundds or play all day deals if you check their website or make tee times on GolfNow they go down to about $50 for afternoon rounds.

2. Primm valley - located about 45 mutes south of the strip. They have two nice Tom Fazio layouts that are different from each another and make for a good 36 hole day.

Those by far would be my top two choices. After that you might consider (a) Revere at Anthem has 36 holes, (b) Tuscany and Rhodes Ranch are sister courses that sometime have 36 hole deals; (c) Bear's Best, Spanish Trail, Arroyo and Siena are all in close proximity to one another so you could play any two of those on the same day, (d)Angel Park is a decent muni with 36 holes or (e)Boulder Creek has 27 holes and is pretty good and reasonably priced.

^^^^ anyting near the strip and you will be paying a premium so keep that in mind. Tuscany & Rhodes Ranch offer (I believe they still do) offer a discount to Canadians that show them a Toonie and take some money off their green fees. If you have your own car and bring your clubs you can get some good deal for afternoon rates and Golfnow can be a good place so score some excellent last minute tee times/rates.

Thanks i will looking into those courses, I will have a car and I will have my own clubs so I can travel from course to course.

Do you guys think playing TPC las vegas or bal hali (I know its a lot over what I want to pay) is worth the extra money.

Maybe i will splurge on one round, I never play in Vegas so I may just pay a little extra for a round.

What are your thoughts?

Any other suggestions?

-Jay

[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1329422928' post='4301831']
Thanks i will looking into those courses, I will have a car and I will have my own clubs so I can travel from course to course.

Do you guys think playing TPC las vegas or bal hali (I know its a lot over what I want to pay) is worth the extra money.

Maybe i will splurge on one round, I never play in Vegas so I may just pay a little extra for a round.

What are your thoughts?

Any other suggestions?

-Jay
[/quote]

In my opinion Paiute is way better than either of these 2. I also like The Revere at Anthem. Revere has some elevation changes and a nice view of the Vegas Strip.

Take a look at Golfnow.com- Coyote Springs is killer if you are willing to drive a little. (45-50min)

RRP

Callaway AI SMOKE TD 10.5 (N-1 9.5) w Speeder 661 vi

Callaway AI SMOKE Max 15 (N+1) w Ventus Blue+ 7x (in the build shop)

Callaway AI SMOKE TD 18 w Ventus Blue+ 7x (in the build shop)

Callaway AI SMOKE Hybrids 4, 5 w Ventus Blue 8x/9x (in the build shop)
PXG GEN 5 0311T 6-W KBS Tour 120 Black

Titleist Wedgeworks Raw 50.08M (50.5), 56.08M (57), PXG SDII Raw 60.07 Wide (61) 
LAB Link.1 34.5/72 H

[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1329422928' post='4301831']

What are your thoughts?

Any other suggestions?

-Jay
[/quote]

I definitely do not think playing TPC or Bali Hai are worth the extra money. Even if the cost was the same I'd play Paiute and Primm 8 times out of ten over TPC or Bali Hai. If you really want to splurge paly Shadow Creek ($500). If you don't mind a long ride drive to Mesquite and play Wolf Creek and a second course up there.

Almost an hour. Like someone mentioned above, about 40-45 min w/out traffic. I've heard great things about those courses in Primm, cheap and great. I've played Bali Hai and Wynn and those are fun courses as well. Bali Hai full price is def not worth it but if you can get a twlight or replay rate, go for it.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

That looks awesome, thanks for the photos, im definitely going to play both courses at Paiute, they look great, still debating on the next 2. Primm look great and I like how they are different from each other.

Are the 2 courses at Paiute different as well?

Also I have never played golf in vegas, is it any different from any other place? does the ball go farther?

Thank for all your help, I cant wait to get out there an play some golf.

-Jay

PS if anyone wants to meet up at one of the courses to play that would be fun as well. Just a thought.

Thanks again for the input i appreciate it

Just got back from playing last week.

Ended up playing Spanish Trail, Concorde at Revere and Rio Secco. Both Spanish Trail and Rio Secco were excellent.

All of the courses were in good condition and the staff great especially at Rio Secco. Shout out to the cart girl for keeping us supplied with hot chocolate before hypothermia set in.

Here are some pics.

0VOwh.jpg

Concorde @ Revere

Aep5B.jpg

Rio Secco

AdZRA.jpg

Concorde @ Revere

tEcjR.jpg

Rio Secco

Jpv3k.jpg

Spanish Trail

Looks great. What course are the photos taken at?

Im looking at both the concord and lexington courses at revere because its only 30 minutes away from where i will be staying and they have 36 holes. any input.

I cant wait to play.

BVI - what was the weather like i see you wearing under armour. was it that cold?

[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1329485122' post='4307091']
Are the 2 courses at Paiute different as well?

Also I have never played golf in vegas, is it any different from any other place? does the ball go farther?

-Jay

[/quote]

There are three courses at Paiute. The Wolf is the newest and toughest. The Sun and Snow courses are more foregiving. All three though are fairly similar in style. The two Primm courses differ in look from each other as the Lakes course has hundreds of decisous trees that make it unlike most deseert courses. Also several lakes. As you drive through the desert from Vegas to Primm you'll see the Lakes course in the distance and wonder how an eastern forest shot up out of the deseert

i dont know if i will have a car ( i may be getting dropped off and picked up) so i think a resort such as Pauite is the best for me.

right now i am considering the following:

Pauite - sun and snow course

The Revere - concord and lexington

Primm - desert and lakes (a little far for me but def in the running)

any other suggestions and comment are appreciated. thanks everyone so far for your input.

-Jay

Weather was fine for the first couple of days. mid 60's but on monday it was freezing. Im no barometer of temperature though as i live in the Caribbean and so am always freezing, its about 82 degrees and im sat here in a hoodie.

Ive updated with where the photos were. Concord was fine, the worst condition of the lot but perfectly playable still with some really nice holes. The 18th is a great finishing hole.

You can't go wrong with [color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Pauite.[/size][/color]
[size="2"] [/size]
[size="2"][color="#1c2837"]If you have no car also consider Badlands (3 different 9 hole layouts) or Angel Park or a combo they are pretty close to each other with in a mile or so.[/color][/size]
[size="2"] [/size]
[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Good Luck[/size][/color]

[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1329502750' post='4309403']
sabram, when did you go to these courses looks like the weather was cold?

Ive never played out there so idk what to expect weather wise. Im thinking pants and bring a pull over in my bag

-Jay
[/quote]

I've played the Paiute courses in all four seasons, in weather ranging from 40* to 110*F. The Paiute photos I posted on a recent thread here were from a round on a beautiful June morning when we were the first players out in the morning. It started out chilly and got really nice. It's usually windy at Paiute so bring a wind shirt. The photos from Primm on this thread are from the day before a super bowl. This time of year (Feb) is chilly and long pants and a couple of layers is a good idea, especailly at the end of a second round when the sun is setting.

Hello everyone,

I have been reading reviews about Pauite and I am getting a lot of 'its really windy,' 'its not a true test of golf because of the gale force winds'

I understand it is a beautiful course and all, but I was wondering on how bad the win actually is. I dont know if I want to play a tough course with constant 12+ mph of wind.

I kind of want to enjoy my experience not get overly frustrated. haha

Thank for all your help thus far i appeciate it.

-Jay

[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1329834700' post='4340391']
Hello everyone,

I have been reading reviews about Pauite and I am getting a lot of 'its really windy,' 'its not a true test of golf because of the gale force winds'

I understand it is a beautiful course and all, but I was wondering on how bad the win actually is. I dont know if I want to play a tough course with constant 12+ mph of wind.

I kind of want to enjoy my experience not get overly frustrated. haha

Thank for all your help thus far i appeciate it.

-Jay
[/quote]

people who say its not a true test of golf because of the winds are not the kind of people to listen too, they compain and blame their suckiness on the weather.

but yes, it is windy 2/3 of the time there, and when it blows it [b][u]blows[/u][/b], its in the middle of nowhere what do you expect.

Just booked my tee times for next week. I start at Primm (Lakes) at 8:10 and then playing Dessert at 1250 on Thursday and Friday Im playing Pauite (Snow) at 8:00, then playing Sun.

Really looking forward to it. Thanks for all your help and I will post pics when I return.

Cheers

-Jay

Just got back from Vegas. Paiute was fun as always. Thursday was quite windy. Friday was not much wind at all. Here's a link to photos of Snow Mountain.

Las vegas Paiute - Snow Mountain Pix

2349035180100544033S600x600Q85.jpg

Snow Mountain #3

2863090400100544033S600x600Q85.jpg

Snow Mountain #17

I lived in Las Vegas for 3 years and you are playing some nice tracks. Both Primm courses are great and Pauite is good as well. I would play the Wolf course instead of the snow, It is much better.

Another course to check out and it is better than all the courses mentioned is Coyote Springs Chase Golf Club about 1 hour north of the strip. It is a Jack Nicklaus course that is very similar to the match play course Dove Mountain in AZ. I have played there 3 times and it is one of the best courses I have ever played.
[quote name='Jay7' timestamp='1330542752' post='4404103']
Just booked my tee times for next week. I start at Primm (Lakes) at 8:10 and then playing Dessert at 1250 on Thursday and Friday Im playing Pauite (Snow) at 8:00, then playing Sun.

Really looking forward to it. Thanks for all your help and I will post pics when I return.

Cheers

-Jay
[/quote]

[quote name='shadowCLV' timestamp='1330567274' post='4407219']

Another course to check out and it is better than all the courses mentioned is Coyote Springs Chase Golf Club about 1 hour north of the strip. It is a Jack Nicklaus course that is very similar to the match play course Dove Mountain in AZ. I have played there 3 times and it is one of the best courses I have ever played.
[/quote]

I think he was looking for suggestions where he could play 36 holes and not have to repaly the same course

Gotcha,

This course is so good you want to play it again. I played 36 the day I went and loved it! Go to their website and you will see it blows away Primm and Paiute. To each his own...

[quote name='sabram' timestamp='1330567852' post='4407293']
[quote name='shadowCLV' timestamp='1330567274' post='4407219']
[/quote]

I think he was looking for suggestions where he could play 36 holes and not have to repaly the same course
[/quote]