My SliceFixer Swing Project

[quote name='itsjappo' timestamp='1341520940' post='5222542']
also. if anyone in the central florida area is wanting to learn this swing, pm me and we can discuss about setting up a lesson. would love to help other golfers make dramatic changes to their game just like i have. =)
[/quote]

What were your scores before this swing and what are they now? How has this swing helped in your golf game?
Off the tee, approach shots or chipping/pitching as well?

Thanks...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I've enjoyed catching up on your thread......... great to see the journey that you're on.

I'm a bit obsessed with transition and footwork because its something that I struggle with. I am also working on the teachings on Slicefixer and Bradley Hughes and the biggest thing for me is getting my hands as passive as possible and clearing the right sight through the ball so my right arm can move in synch with my hips through impact. You are undoubtedly a better golfer than me so use this information as you see fit, but here is a video from Bradley Hughes that I found immensely insightful and the walk thru action of Player is sometimes a drill that I do:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o_cMVg4uEg[/media]

there is a great little discussion in the youtube comments section about the importance of the right foot during transition (something I've been focusing on particularly in Hogan discussions) and about resistance and opposites during the swing.......... i.e. if you want to clear the left side and left shoulder then pressure from the loaded right side pivot through impact is very important.

[quote name='rocker40' timestamp='1341866146' post='5244922']
[quote name='itsjappo' timestamp='1341520940' post='5222542']
also. if anyone in the central florida area is wanting to learn this swing, pm me and we can discuss about setting up a lesson. would love to help other golfers make dramatic changes to their game just like i have. =)
[/quote]

What were your scores before this swing and what are they now? How has this swing helped in your golf game?
Off the tee, approach shots or chipping/pitching as well?

Thanks...
[/quote]

i was shooting around mid 80s and occassional very low 90s. it was just very inconsistent and i was getting ready to quit since i practice for hours almost everyday and i wasnt getting better. now, just for the past month 3 months, i have shot anywhere from 71-79. just very stress free and relaxed rounds. all hard courses from tips around 7000-7200 yards. im working on getting my game ready for mini tour events.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys. Always practicing and improving my positions. Back to the good ol 9-3 sessions. Some changes are taking some time to get used to again so haven't been playing well lately. Been hitting up to the 80s while trying to transition and get comfortable with the changes. So for now, I'll just keep working on 9-3s until its natural again. Here are some vids from today. Enjoy.

I've been following your thread, as well as practicing this type of swing myself. From what I understand, you've got to hold the the angle of your right hand, and turn left hard to square the club face. In your face-on video it looks like your releasing the angle of your right hand, and as a consequence, your not getting that much forward shaft lean. What helps me is combining the Faldo drill with the 9-3 drill. With setting the wrists right in the beginning all you have to do is turn back. The trick for me is feeling that when the arms come back down in front of my body (They should always be in front of your body, but specifically when the grip is starting to pass the ball), I really try to turn left as fast as I can (turn the corner as described in some of Dan Whittaker's videoes). By left, I mean immediately left like right behind me I guess. I was getting confused and would turn my body like forward left and that would cause me to block it out right. Your grip and setup is fine, but I would work on holding that angle in the right hand.

things are starting to come together. i played today at a course 6269 yards. par 71. 69.2 rating and 118 slope. shot my best ever. 69!! had 6 birdies and 4 bogeys. 9/14 fairways and the ones missed were just about a yard on the first cut. still need to work on my GIR tho. only 9/18. need to tighten that up a bit. they were all around the green tho so just chip and putt. had a total of 25 putts today so thats always good. playing again tomorrow. will see how it goes. hopefully this time its permanent =)

i guess i spoke too soon. played a tougher course today. a 6900 yard par 72 with rating of 73.2 and slope 130. I didn't get to finish the round since I ran out of balls at 15th hole. Either way, I couldn't hit it as well today. I guess I was too focused trying to emulate the feeling/sensations I had yesterday. Oh wells. It's a learning process. It's a sign that my game is getting close. Just have to make it the norm. Practice time for now, then will play a round sometime next week.

We all have our bad days. I had a bad day also, nothing solid at all and I was missing both ways, either a straight pull or slice. Looks like I have to go back to the basics and continue to work. Have you flattened your irons? Ever since I've been trying this swing the heel tends to dig into the ground more and I think that's what's also contributing to my pulls cause the turf gets the heel caught and turns the club face. I was also hitting on a mat a couple of days ago and the green marks were mostly on the heel and the ball marks are closer to the heel, still a solid feeling though. Not sure if my irons needs to be flattened or it's something my swing. I also have a thread in here so if you could take a look at my newer video, it would help a lot since you're pretty much getting the swing down.

i figured out what i did wrong today. ill just go ahead and go back to practice instead of playing for about a week in order to ingrain the new motions and make it more natural to me. yea you need to go flatter since the swing will be much shallower towards the ball. i looked at your swing not too long ago and it looks good. ill check it out again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm back! My wife and I had our first baby this past Jan and now that she is 6 months old, I can start practicing again. I guess the time off was a good thing because all I really did was study about the swing more and analyze it piece by piece on how it works together. Before, I would think about something and then go to the range or play. We know how that goes when you go right away hitting lots of balls. You don't ingrain anything and the frustration comes. It was somewhat a 6 month break to get away from the grind of the game and start fresh=). Well here's the current swing. Worked on some slight changes such as grip and release/impact. Enjoy and comments are always welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcjLb_-K6w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwibWDQZLc

• 1 month later...