2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Hogan had a baseball swing

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1349007061' post='5722033']
[quote name='doram101' timestamp='1349006032' post='5722003']
I don't think those 2 guys above are a representation of macs work neither is that cf driver swing of his from the dark ages , what 25 to 30 years ago . There is some good cp driver swings of his around
[/quote]

Can't say, but they anyway represent those swings as MORAD models in their schools, and proudly. If that is what is the result, I will say something is missing if they think it's something what Hogan did. Can still be great teaching, but nothing to do with Hogan.

But I got an idea! What about that you post your swing video here and explain what you have learned and show it to us. Fair enough I think? Much better than yelling behind the scenes.
[/quote]

I certainly wont be giving you any information on Morad , I was very curious about your info on it because nothing you write about it makes sense . So you found a couple of swings that did not look so great and a 30 year driver swing of Mac to boost your ego . And you compare it to a still picture in a green room and claim its Hogan way , I bet if you actually put up the guys swing from a few angles it would be a picnic
Why not put up some cp morad swings ( iron swings) of a decent morad representation like McNary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlO8eGmbyw&feature=plcp

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='doram101' timestamp='1349014321' post='5722535']
[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1349007061' post='5722033']
[quote name='doram101' timestamp='1349006032' post='5722003']
I don't think those 2 guys above are a representation of macs work neither is that cf driver swing of his from the dark ages , what 25 to 30 years ago . There is some good cp driver swings of his around
[/quote]

Can't say, but they anyway represent those swings as MORAD models in their schools, and proudly. If that is what is the result, I will say something is missing if they think it's something what Hogan did. Can still be great teaching, but nothing to do with Hogan.

But I got an idea! What about that you post your swing video here and explain what you have learned and show it to us. Fair enough I think? Much better than yelling behind the scenes.
[/quote]

I certainly wont be giving you any information on Morad , I was very curious about your info on it because nothing you write about it makes sense . So you found a couple of swings that did not look so great and a 30 year driver swing of Mac to boost your ego . And you compare it to a still picture in a green room and claim its Hogan way , I bet if you actually put up the guys swing from a few angles it would be a picnic
Why not put up some cp morad swings ( iron swings) of a decent morad representation like McNary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlO8eGmbyw&feature=plcp
[/quote]

How about this one? And he's even much older that Tapio here and with a spine disorder too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdKtj4T71Vg&sns=em

tapio is just yapping about his opinions and assumptions, he's got nothing from Hogan...nada. he ignores any post asking him to provide the measurements of Hogan that he uses for comparison to these other Hogan clones/students of his...lol! all that equipment he has but he uses pics that he can't possibly get the relevant data from to compare Hogan to anyone else.

he can't explain what forces and torques Hogan is applying and when, what Hogan's intent is or anything from those pics, he doesn't even know what shot Hogan was hitting yet he claims to know what Hogan did.... low and left...lol!!!! show us Hogan's handpath graph as proof, anything of substance besides pics.

the Hogan expert that has a bunch of Hogan pics in his wallet and exclaims look here's the proof..... i got pics of ufo's. and aliens waving as they go by...really i do. :taunt:

[quote name='ray ray' timestamp='1349026855' post='5723517']
tapio is just yapping about his opinions and assumptions, he's got nothing from Hogan...nada. he ignores any post asking him to provide the measurements of Hogan that he uses for comparison to these other Hogan clones/students of his...lol! all that equipment he has but he uses pics that he can't possibly get the relevant data from to compare Hogan to anyone else.

he can't explain what forces and torques Hogan is applying and when, what Hogan's intent is or anything from those pics, he doesn't even know what shot Hogan was hitting yet he claims to know what Hogan did.... low and left...lol!!!! show us Hogan's handpath graph as proof, anything of substance besides pics.

the Hogan expert that has a bunch of Hogan pics in his wallet and exclaims look here's the proof..... i got pics of ufo's. and aliens waving as they go by...really i do. :taunt:
[/quote]

Just an broken record like always. Strange that you cant see those most obvious things yourself.

And I havent seen yet a graph that doesn't confirm what we can see from still pictures of certain moment. They fit totally to each other. That's why I know the difference FW, that's why.

Teeace, I think the main point is this: people on this forum have grown tired of the secret information talk. You know, "there is much more to his hand and forearm rotation". Let's be honest. It's not rocket science. It doesn't take a 2 page post to explain it. Of course, I'm not meaning to personally attack you, because others do it too.

Bradley Hughes is a good example of how to act. He first off is/was a world class player. Second, he explains things in a logical, easy to understand format. Third, implementing his teachings has improved my game.

Hogan's swing is not some big cloudy secret. It was a simple, pivot driven swing in which he found a way to control his hook. There was no special fairy dust sprinkled on it:). Please, stop making things way more complicated than they are. And please, don't get defensive about this post, it's not personal against you or the others who indulge in these discussions. Lets just not make things more complicated than they really are. I would appreciate listening to your ideas if they are presented in a logical, understandable, and usable format. I'm guessing I speak for others as well as myself.

$$$$

LOL Guys... you really make this funny.

When I say it, it's BS and just got no sense. When one of your idol players is doing it, its the greatest thing in the world.

mcnarylowandleft.jpg

He got small problem with his hip area, but I don't think it matters anything.

Just one great low and left swing as we all can see

That man is trying to move the arms, hands and clubhead as DTL as possible with his pivot.

You've evaded the important questions that will make people learn. Now you say you teach tailbone release, and you know how Hogan's pivot, which is not unique you say, works.

So, how does a tailbone release and Hogan's normal pivot works? And assuming you know it, how does it affect the other parts of the body and ultimately the clubhead and clubface?

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1349027256' post='5723545']
[quote name='ray ray' timestamp='1349026855' post='5723517']

[/quote]

Just an broken record like always. Strange that you cant see those most obvious things yourself.

And I havent seen yet a graph that doesn't confirm what we can see from still pictures of certain moment. They fit totally to each other. That's why I know the difference FW, that's why.
[/quote]

first off who is fw? second you're the broken record and you have not one graph from Hogan to compare to any of Hogans pics, that's a certainty, so you can't tell from other peoples graphs what Hogan did by comparing them to Hogans pics, that's total stupidity.

[quote name='hogangolf101' timestamp='1349057114' post='5727791']
Here are the 2 teachers side by side....Tapio vs MORAD:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8eMTaalAI&feature=plcp[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdKtj4T71Vg
[/quote]

Using Tapio's swing to try and discredit him constitutes a cheap shot so long as you continue to refuse to post yours. Just saying ;)

[quote name='dairic' timestamp='1349058991' post='5728015']

[/quote]

Using Tapio's swing to try and discredit him constitutes a cheap shot so long as you continue to refuse to post yours. Just saying ;)
[/quote]

Well, I never claimed any method out there is WRONG and that my opinions are correct. If you read WRX history, Tapio is a pioneer on that...I am just returning the ball to him.

And how about trying to lure someone to post up their swings to prove that what they're saying are wrong?...now that's cheap shot to me...

Your man Tapio is trying to make it look like he's being persecuted here...read up the history will ya?

[quote name='dairic' timestamp='1349063270' post='5728467']
[quote name='hogangolf101' timestamp='1349059838' post='5728109']
Oh btw, thanks for asking for my swing. Appreciate it.
[/quote]

Dude I'm just trying different angles to get you to post it! Nothing but respect.
[/quote]

Probably get the vertical v horizontal axis run down

[/quote]

Can see the hands going hard left for tapio , not too bad overall ! Certainly a unique swing

Teeace, I think the main point is this: people on this forum have grown tired of the secret information talk. You know, "there is much more to his hand and forearm rotation". Let's be honest. It's not rocket science. It doesn't take a 2 page post to explain it. Of course, I'm not meaning to personally attack you, because others do it too.

Bradley Hughes is a good example of how to act. He first off is/was a world class player. Second, he explains things in a logical, easy to understand format. Third, implementing his teachings has improved my game.

Hogan's swing is not some big cloudy secret. It was a simple, pivot driven swing in which he found a way to control his hook. There was no special fairy dust sprinkled on it:). Please, stop making things way more complicated than they are. And please, don't get defensive about this post, it's not personal against you or the others who indulge in these discussions. Lets just not make things more complicated than they really are. I would appreciate listening to your ideas if they are presented in a logical, understandable, and usable format. I'm guessing I speak for others as well as myself.

Chiva, not at all offense taken here, but I have told it so many times that just didn't put it here again. Have made many videos about that telling how Hogans.. and many others now twist the club open relative to the arc by their arms and hands to keep it more square to the target even the hands are going left.

To understand that, the first thing is to admit what we all can see, not the intention, but the reality that hands are going left in that kind of swing already before impact and the club head still going right. After that it's relatively simple to understand what happens in arms and hands to make those things fit to each other. Nothing complicated, just opposite than what general instruction told us so many years. Just same thing they have been telling in small country called Sweden so many years, just same thing I see nowadays so many young players doing on range i.e. in Q-school at Europe. Basically just the same what Slicefixer has been telling for years. Nothing really new, nothing complicated, just basic geometry when watching swing from top down.

For me the key is Hogans right elbow, it's position and orientation. It's close to his body and elbow knuckle pointing at him, not away the target.

hoganrightelbow.jpg

His simply using his right arm to prevent face closing by that and not to close the face. Hi's keeping the elbow line pointing way to the right relative to the shoulder line, as well Snead and many others while swinging same time his hands around his left leg.

It's same thing that these all do, all by their own way with different looking position at some parts, but with the same basic idea

osumakuvat.jpg

And all about pivot is personal, it's just the way to produce enough forces and to balance those moves. It's impossible to explain and only small part of that can be taught as we all are and feel different. But the first thing I see when watching guys and girls hitting this way and practicing it. is that they try to keep the shaft as long perpendicular to the target line as possible and trying to keep the hand speed up, opposite than those who try to speed up the club head by deceleration of the hands.

Putting my swing here and not showing "their" own... what to say.... just cheap and childish and on their agenda. Funny young boys...

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1348814512' post='5709419']
[quote name='hogangolf101' timestamp='1348813905' post='5709413']
So you want us to worry about those things you're saying during impact zone? Why not adjust your grip/setup to avoid the ground? This way you eliminate clubhead under plane issue and don't need to raise the handle. Then you tweak your pivot to make the shoulder turn plane more inclined which results the shift out doram101 talks about? So you both eliminate worrying about the handle nor keeping the L wristc0ck, and then you get the clubhead to move more DTL without disconnecting (bit shift out and more inclined shoulder turn) and at same time shallow the AoA (elbow plane and pivot)?
[/quote]

Because this all got absolutely nothing to do with me or my swing. I'm talking about good players, not about one old fat man who hasn't been doing anything to his game for last 10 years and who got big problems at right shoulder/scapula area.

HG, when can we see your swing. Lot of talking, nothing showed to us. Why?
[/quote]

Lol...

Solid issues were raised and Tapio here just babbled about his swing, and longing to see HG's swing...rofl

[quote name='svsvincenzo' timestamp='1349096236' post='5729589']

Lol...

Solid issues were raised and Tapio here just babbled about his swing, and longing to see HG's swing...rofl
[/quote]

Why you don't just use term "my" instead of HG?

BTW, great video about rate of closure here. Nothing to do with topic, but just wanted to share how straight relative to the target line face can stay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL76OQ7ITmw

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1349114532' post='5731517']
Lol...

[/quote]

BTW, great video about rate of closure here. Nothing to do with topic, but just wanted to share how straight relative to the target line face can stay

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL76OQ7ITmw[/media]
[/quote]

what target line? where is it on that 2d video? where is the baseline? target? d-plane face relative to path not target and aoa etc. need to be considered, you have not even the slightest clue. lot's of opinions and all wrong. oh i saw who fw is. he's the guy you spent arguing with for months and used all that foul language at another forum, shameful for a pro.

he was right about your lack of knowledge especially the physics, forces and torques, you use 2d still pics for proof, that's hilarious!

[quote name='ray ray' timestamp='1349118925' post='5732043']
Lol...

[/quote]

[/quote]

what target line? where is it on that 2d video? where is the baseline? target? d-plane face relative to path not target and aoa etc. you have not even the slightest clue. lot's of opinions and all wrong.
[/quote]

Thanks for the great post my friend. Now it's easy for other members create their opinion of your understanding :D

[quote name='TeeAce' timestamp='1349119154' post='5732085']
[quote name='ray ray' timestamp='1349118925' post='5732043']
Lol...

[/quote]

[/quote]

what target line? where is it on that 2d video? where is the baseline? target? d-plane face relative to path not target and aoa etc. you have not even the slightest clue. lot's of opinions and all wrong.
[/quote]

Thanks for the great post my friend. Now it's easy for other members create their opinion of your understanding :D
[/quote]

you're welcome, but you still didn't answer any of my questions. it's face in relation to path not target and that's not opinion. you need to go back to d-plane school. by the way that video isn't about face closure, what did anyone say or can say about rate of closure from a 2d video ? measurements that you have taken from it ? can you post that up or any math you did to arrive at a conclusion regarding the rate of closure would be nice.