'13 Callaway X Forged Iron Pics (updated 2/2/13 w/ more Pics)

GolfWRX

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ordered mine tonight with 5-pw with KBS tours. I had ordered the xhot pros with pxi and callaway cancelled because the store i ordered them from did not upcharge for the shaft. I took a step back since i had to cancel the order pulled the trigger on the forged tonight.

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

you won't reget the X Forged...just sooooo smooth and still quite forgiving for the good iron player!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Bridgestone J40 Cavity Backs are better :taunt:

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

[quote name='gblack32' timestamp='1361952415' post='6512117']
hey Dscvrr any word on whether they are planning on fixing the upcharge for the c-tapers on the cally website? ive emailed a few different reps that ive dealt with in the past and no one seems to know anything about it or even if they actually are an upcharge. thanks in advance for any info.
[/quote]

they are working on it on the website, but if you call the order into to Callaway customer service listed on the shopping site, you can order there with no upcharge.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Here we go, again.

I've got 2 rounds now under my belt with the X Forged. Here a few new observations.

1. They go really high. Even the low irons. But this means softer landing, so it's all good.

2. No distance loss. As a matter of fact, they seem to be 1 club longer than my old Razr X Tours.
The first round I was hitting everything super long because I was clubbing up,(still didnt have the
distances down) but after the second round they got dialed in. All I will say is, pw is now my 145-155
club.

3. The best way I can describe these clubs is to compare them to a sports car. For me, they are real easy
to get sideways. What I mean is they are so super easy to work, one can easily turn a draw into a bannana
hook. I normally play a slight right to left shot, this is my natural swing. But I found that my natural swing
was no longer producing draws. It was now making a high hook. Not a problem, I just have to respect these
bad boys like a sports car. Now don t get me wrong, this is not a negative. Because now a fade is almost
automatic. So very easy to work both ways. Just be gentle on the throttle, cause these can bite.

[quote name='Jackjv21' timestamp='1362016607' post='6517073']
Here we go, again.

I've got 2 rounds now under my belt with the X Forged. Here a few new observations.

1. They go really high. Even the low irons. But this means softer landing, so it's all good.

2. No distance loss. As a matter of fact, they seem to be 1 club longer than my old Razr X Tours.
The first round I was hitting everything super long because I was clubbing up,(still didnt have the
distances down) but after the second round they got dialed in. All I will say is, pw is now my 145-155
club.

3. The best way I can describe these clubs is to compare them to a sports car. For me, they are real easy
to get sideways. What I mean is they are so super easy to work, one can easily turn a draw into a bannana
hook. I normally play a slight right to left shot, this is my natural swing. But I found that my natural swing
was no longer producing draws. It was now making a high hook. Not a problem, I just have to respect these
bad boys like a sports car. Now don t get me wrong, this is not a negative. Because now a fade is almost
automatic. So very easy to work both ways. Just be gentle on the throttle, cause these can bite.
[/quote]

Great analogy...just make good swings get good results, but if you want to step it up and start working them, just set up and they will perform as requested..! Even with the Ctapers in mine, no issues hitting the baby fade or the wicked slice on command..necessary where I drive the ball sometimes!!!

JB...glad the shafts are starting to feel right for you...!! Enjoy, man!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

In case anyone is interested, I checked our system at GG and the conversation I had with a couple of customer service people extraordinare at Callaway have gotten the upcharge at Dick's and Golf Galaxy removed for Ctapers!!

They were super helpful and helped figure out what happened and get it fixed!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Received my XF earlier this week, and have had a simulator session with them so far, as it is still gross outside for another couple weeks. Felt good inside, but dont really trustyhe simulator all that much. Went with the 4-PW, PXi 5.5. Can't wait to get these out on the course for a round, may have to hit some balls in my back yard to pass the time.

[quote name='Dunn6253' timestamp='1362651389' post='6562679']
Received my XF earlier this week, and have had a simulator session with them so far, as it is still gross outside for another couple weeks. Felt good inside, but dont really trustyhe simulator all that much. Went with the 4-PW, PXi 5.5. Can't wait to get these out on the course for a round, may have to hit some balls in my back yard to pass the time.
[/quote]

Can you let me know which shafts you played prior to the 5.5? Any thoughts on them playing softer than S300?

If these don't work out for me as I have already ordered them, I am going to put my C Tapers in there or get some steel fibers.

Just ordered my X-Forged irons. I am soooo excited ^^
My order description: 5-pw, DG x-100

I hesitated to order these irons because I read a review saying this one is not as long as the X Hot irons, but found out that X Hot irons are much stronger in lofts than these, so I'm hoping it just goes the distance. I was using mp63 with S-400 Tour Issue shafts and since my wrist injury last year, the shaft felt too heavy and needed to change. So I had a few fitting tests and I was right between s300 and x100, but felt x-100 gave more stability overall. However, because the shaft is lighter, I'm hoping it would be easier to control as well. I will let everyone know after I start hitting them.

The more time I have with these and the more rounds with them the better they seem to be. The super high ball flight I am adjusting to and the slight difference in distance is nothing to stress over. I think the higher ball flight with less spin is better. The feel of these irons is just plain great. I love my proto's but these are just a step ahead of them in all departments. Feel, forgiveness and just the plain confidence I have with these is incredible. Callaway equipment this year is top shelf and I keep thinking to myself how the hell are they going to raise the bar with the next model of forged irons. These irons matched with the new extreme driver are really working out for me, I just need to sort my putting out. I had 77 yesterday with 3 three putts and a lost ball (cost me three shots) and I only missed the fairway by about 3 yards. Since putting the new irons and driver in the bag my scores have been slowly on the improve.

[quote name='JB lefty' timestamp='1362912234' post='6582139']
The more time I have with these and the more rounds with them the better they seem to be. The super high ball flight I am adjusting to and the slight difference in distance is nothing to stress over. I think the higher ball flight with less spin is better. The feel of these irons is just plain great. I love my proto's but these are just a step ahead of them in all departments. Feel, forgiveness and just the plain confidence I have with these is incredible. Callaway equipment this year is top shelf and I keep thinking to myself how the hell are they going to raise the bar with the next model of forged irons. These irons matched with the new extreme driver are really working out for me, I just need to sort my putting out. I had 77 yesterday with 3 three putts and a lost ball (cost me three shots) and I only missed the fairway by about 3 yards. Since putting the new irons and driver in the bag my scores have been slowly on the improve.
[/quote]

Great to hear JB...! The irons are incredible...I have more confidence with them than any other irons I have owned. Feel. looks. and playability...can't imagine a set better for my skill set.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Sooooooo excited for this snow to melt as I just received my new X Forged irons, 4-PW with C-Tapers. I must say, these inspire confidence just on looks alone. I cannot wait to play.

My question is and I'm sure it's been answered on here somewhere, but when is Callaway bringing out some new wedges so I can finish off my bag? Thanks!

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1362929354' post='6582923']
Sooooooo excited for this snow to melt as I just received my new X Forged irons, 4-PW with C-Tapers. I must say, these inspire confidence just on looks alone. I cannot wait to play.

My question is and I'm sure it's been answered on here somewhere, but when is Callaway bringing out some new wedges so I can finish off my bag? Thanks!
[/quote]Yes on the wedges-June

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1362929354' post='6582923']

[/quote]

Looks like late summer I bet.

Playing Saturday with some buds, made the turn and on the 11th tee box, a couple of them ask if they can hit a shag ball or two into the woods with one of my irons..sure..go ahead. Now both of these guys are solid players, but the X flex in the Ctapers, even SS 1x, is more than they need by any means. So first guy hits a 7 iron..pure..first strike, ball goes out there, flattens..carries a touch more...softly decends into the woods..he got that ''HOLY CRAP" look on his face..but pulled another ball over, same SHOT AGAIN...SAME LOOK AGAIN...hands me my 7 iron...WOW! is all he says. Next guy same thing. Now, we all like to hit the new clubs we all get in the group..except mine...they NEVER ask to hit mine since I usually play a lot stiffer flex then they do...but THEY ASKED THIS TIME!! Both loved the look. After the round...the first guy says...if I had a $1000 right now...I would buy a set of those irons in a heartbeat...with those shafts...don't care if they are wrong...just that way!! He loved the Ctaper soft feel and ease of swing...totally surprised him...it was a good day!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Eddie' timestamp='1362976993' post='6587539']
I'm loving reading these impressions of the irons, still enjoy my i20s, but can't help but be intrigued by these. I see a lot of guys who go from mbs to these, guys who play AP2s, i20s, or other GI irons, anyone make the switch?
[/quote]

My last set was the TM Tour Preferred 2009's...mid-small undercut Players cavity..the X Forged are smaller, but haven't missed a beat with them.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1363097313' post='6596443']
[color=#282828]Moved this topic since is is now launched and well past pre release.[/color]
[/quote]

I have a suggestion for feedback. When a thread gets moved, the "go to first unread post" doesn't work anymore. Is there anyway that can be fixed?

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W