2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pittsburgh Area Driver Fitting

DJ412

I'm looking to finally get fit for a driver. It's the club I have the most problems with. So can someone give me an idea where in the Pittsburgh, PA area is the best with the most available options. I'd like to stay south and/or east but will go wherever.

Thanks in advance. Mods please move if not in the correct place.

Ping G 9* - Oban Devotion
Wilson Staff D200 - Elements Chrome
Adams Speedline LP - Matrix Radix
Ping S55 5-PW - KBS Tour V
Ping Glide 50.56 - CFS
Seemore Si5

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best would probably be Scott at the 84 Driving range out towards Lil Warshington.

You could also goto the Golf Galaxy in robinson twsp.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I took my father-in-law and myself out to see Scott at 84 Golf about two years ago. The driver/iron fitting he gave us was phenomenal and changed both of our games. It took me a few years to gather the funds to eventually buy the clubs we settled on for me (thank you used golf shopping) but I have nothing but praise for Scott. It might not be the most convenient location for me to get to (I live near Irwin) but it's a nice place and worth every penny.

[quote name='rozey' timestamp='1361939756' post='6511535']
I took my father-in-law and myself out to see Scott at 84 Golf about two years ago. The driver/iron fitting he gave us was phenomenal and changed both of our games. It took me a few years to gather the funds to eventually buy the clubs we settled on for me (thank you used golf shopping) but I have nothing but praise for Scott. It might not be the most convenient location for me to get to (I live near Irwin) but it's a nice place and worth every penny.
[/quote]

Exactly the kind of help I'm looking for. Thank you. I live in North Versailles so that is a bit of a haul but I have no problem going if its worth it.

Ping Glide 50.56 - CFS
Seemore Si5

2 places that might be a little closer ... off of rt 51 past Century 3 is a driving range called Practice Tee that may help you , there is another driving range called Cool Springs that is in Brentwood near South Hills CC ,may do fittings ,a 3rd place a very good club maker and club repair shop on RT 88 in Castle Shannon is called Golf Specialties and his name is Ray may do fittings ,for Greater Pittsburgh near the city those might be it but may help you get a fitting ...good luck

ps.... one more that now comes to mind , i thought this place is in Penn Hills on Frankstown road is Golf Augusta that i thought is a certified fitter for some of the better known components , so maybe you might fits what you need there ..

[quote name='Scott@84' timestamp='1362002390' post='6515721']
Thanks for the kind words guys, we appreciate it. Thanks for emailing me DJ, I look forward to working with you!

Dave, if you have any more questions just let me know.

Scott
[/quote]

Actually Scott - I do, fitting related: I picked up a Taylormade Weight set to help me try to get this R11 comfortable for me, and it's a bit heavy, only 10, 12, 14 gram weights. I have a few extra of each - do you have some (2, 4, 6, 8) that I could maybe swap with you?

[quote name='RetiredMedic029' timestamp='1362002041' post='6515681']
2 places that might be a little closer ... off of rt 51 past Century 3 is a driving range called Practice Tee that may help you , there is another driving range called Cool Springs that is in Brentwood near South Hills CC ,may do fittings ,a 3rd place a very good club maker and club repair shop on RT 88 in Castle Shannon is called Golf Specialties and his name is Ray may do fittings ,for Greater Pittsburgh near the city those might be it but may help you get a fitting ...good luck

ps.... one more that now comes to mind , i thought this place is in Penn Hills on Frankstown road is Golf Augusta that i thought is a certified fitter for some of the better known components , so maybe you might fits what you need there ..
[/quote]

Thank you for the other options. I am going to head out to 84 once everything gets setup for the new fitting season.

Ping Glide 50.56 - CFS
Seemore Si5

[quote name='rozey' timestamp='1362003163' post='6515801']
Thanks for the kind words guys, we appreciate it. Thanks for emailing me DJ, I look forward to working with you!

Scott
[/quote]

Actually Scott - I do, fitting related: I picked up a Taylormade Weight set to help me try to get this R11 comfortable for me, and it's a bit heavy, only 10, 12, 14 gram weights. I have a few extra of each - do you have some (2, 4, 6, 8) that I could maybe swap with you?
[/quote]

Let me check tomorrow, I'm sure I have something laying around.

Callaway Staffer

[quote name='rozey' timestamp='1362003163' post='6515801']

Scott
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dave,

I haven't found any yet, they are all heavier weights. I will check at home and see. If not I can order you a few if you want.

Callaway Staffer

I went and did my fitting today with Scott at 84 golf range. Now let me preface this as it was my first professional driver (or anything for that matter) fitting. It was a joy to deal with Scott. He took some baseline numbers on flightscope with my drivers before we tried anything else. Then he started doing his magic. Handing me combo after combo. Let me take my time and get in somewhat of a early spring groove. Didn't push any particular brand on me (even though he is on staff for Tmag). It was a very eye opening and FUN couple of hours. He narrowed it down to one particular shaft and we tried a few different heads. Finally we settled on one combo and it ended up being quite a bit better than anything else. Heck my drivers weren't even in the top 10.

Anyone in the SWPA Tri-state area should not even think twice about heading to see Scott! Thanks again!

PS I ended up with a Razr Fit Xtreme with the 7M3 Black Tie. Can't wait to see what happens once I can find the sweet spot.

Ping Glide 50.56 - CFS
Seemore Si5

[quote name='DJ412' timestamp='1363478882' post='6626155']
I went and did my fitting today with Scott at 84 golf range. Now let me preface this as it was my first professional driver (or anything for that matter) fitting. It was a joy to deal with Scott. He took some baseline numbers on flightscope with my drivers before we tried anything else. Then he started doing his magic. Handing me combo after combo. Let me take my time and get in somewhat of a early spring groove. Didn't push any particular brand on me (even though he is on staff for Tmag). It was a very eye opening and FUN couple of hours. He narrowed it down to one particular shaft and we tried a few different heads. Finally we settled on one combo and it ended up being quite a bit better than anything else. Heck my drivers weren't even in the top 10.

Anyone in the SWPA Tri-state area should not even think twice about heading to see Scott! Thanks again!

PS I ended up with a Razr Fit Xtreme with the 7M3 Black Tie. Can't wait to see what happens once I can find the sweet spot.
[/quote]

DJ,

The pleasure was all mine, I really enjoyed working with you. Sometimes I think it's even more fun for me then it is for you guys, I love finding people "THE" combination. You did a great job, one of the few people that actually picks up club-head speed after hitting balls for two hours straight! You were hitting some GREAT shots with that driver. If you need anything at all just let me know.

Thanks again,

Scott

Callaway Staffer