2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura tournament blade vs. Tourstage x909 vs. Yururi Flat back

pinseeker18

So getting ready to make the leap to some JDM blades and I think I've narrowed down my options to the following and need some help from those of you that have some experience with the following:

- Miura tournament blades or baby blades

- Tourstage x-blade 909

- Yururi Fat Black

I've been having a tough time finding shops that have these clubs available to demo, so my decision will be based mainly on info gathered from research.

Are the forging processes for one of these options superior/inferior?

Feel and feedback on pure vs. mishits?

Typical trajectory produced by the club

What made you pick one option vs. the other?

My swing profile is:

Driver ss ~107-112mph

Trend more towards being a sweeper than a digger

Ball flight tends to be higher, can work the ball both ways

Thanks so much for the help!

913 D3
Rballz 2 Pro 3 wood & 3 Hyb
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Yururis, the 705 X Blades (not the 909s) and TBs. And prefer them in that order. The TBs have been on my cart in the barn and relegated to range use only.

That being said Yonex eZones are the best modern blade I've hit. They're absolute cannons and very workable. Don't forget about Vega blades.

The TBs may be the easiest to spin the ball, but at the cost of distance- I've found them a half club less than the others (all similarly specd and shafted). But they also feel spongy to me. I prefer the solid feel of a well struck ball- like a steel fw over the spongy feel of a Ti fw. The TBs just feel spongy to me. Some call that "butter" I call that BS- they're all soft clubs.

The 705s have a thicker topline, "more" forgiving if anything. I'd like to say the TBs have the highest flight the others more boring.............but don't hold me to that - I flight everything and haven't done a side by side by side comparison.

But the Yonex beat them all and it isn't even close.

The Yururis are also fantastic clubs. If I didn't have the Yonex you could substitute the word Yururi in the previous sentence.

They're all good irons. They all have their plusses. Only the Yonex and Yururis have no minuses. You need to hit them. Good luck.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

[quote name='Swoosh-Thud' timestamp='1375470635' post='7592108']
I have Yururis, the 705 X Blades (not the 909s) and TBs. And prefer them in that order. The TBs have been on my cart in the barn and relegated to range use only.

That being said Yonex eZones are the best modern blade I've hit. They're absolute cannons and very workable. Don't forget about Vega blades.

The TBs may be the easiest to spin the ball, but at the cost of distance- I've found them a half club less than the others (all similarly specd and shafted). But they also feel spongy to me. I prefer the solid feel of a well struck ball- like a steel fw over the spongy feel of a Ti fw. The TBs just feel spongy to me. Some call that "butter" I call that BS- they're all soft clubs.

The 705s have a thicker topline, "more" forgiving if anything. I'd like to say the TBs have the highest flight the others more boring.............but don't hold me to that - I flight everything and haven't done a side by side by side comparison.

But the Yonex beat them all and it isn't even close.

The Yururis are also fantastic clubs. If I didn't have the Yonex you could substitute the word Yururi in the previous sentence.

They're all good irons. They all have their plusses. Only the Yonex and Yururis have no minuses. You need to hit them. Good luck.
[/quote]

Swoosh thank for the feedback. I haven't considered the yonex but I will definitely check them out. I did see a set at one of the local shops so I'll head in to see if I can demo them. What kind of shafts do you play in the Yururi? Are you planning on switching to the Yonex?

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

I should have been clearer- I responded as such since I have those you mentioned. My daily gamers are Yonex.

Yonex, X Blades and Yuruis all have Monaco S. I have SF110s in the TBs- those are a great shaft.

FWIW I have an extra TB 7i which I use as a test mule- had Monaco, SF 110, Modus 3, X100 hard stepped, 1150, KBS Tours and C Tapers in them. <- ranked in order of preference.

Slighter Auburn

i prefer the yururis over the tb's and ezones...haven't hit the 909's. my swing specs are eerily similar to yours and the yururis have the strongest lofts which help keep my trajectory in check (tb's have the weakest). feel is subjective but there's something about the kyoei forging of the yururis that stands out over the rest for me. i've even hit miura's raw limited edition tb's and they still didn't feel quite as good.

I've been leaning towards the modus 3, but its very preliminary. I'll go through a proper fitting once I figure out which heads I'm going to go with. Well I think I'm eliminating the 909 as an option but the yonex are now in the mix. Doh!

How'd you guys order yours? Local shop? Tourspec?

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

I have Yururi, Yonex, Tourstage MR-23, copper Miura 5002 (stamped and sold by Blade) and am about to give Baby Blades a whirl. I want to part with two sets, and I'll just say it's a tough decision. I've been leaning toward releasing the Yonex, but something keeps holding me back (prob the near-perfect condition). I don't think you'll go wrong.

Strongest flight goes to Yonex or Yururi. Best head shape goes to the Tourstage or BB (prospectively). I play hard-stepped KBS Tour 110 or Modus 3. I also really like the SteelFiber for stability, but found the 95 too light. I haven't tried the 110 yet.

[quote name='kaaayelll' timestamp='1375578073' post='7599398']
I have Yururi, Yonex, Tourstage MR-23, copper Miura 5002 (stamped and sold by Blade) and am about to give Baby Blades a whirl. I want to part with two sets, and I'll just say it's a tough decision. I've been leaning toward releasing the Yonex, but something keeps holding me back (prob the near-perfect condition). I don't think you'll go wrong.

Strongest flight goes to Yonex or Yururi. Best head shape goes to the Tourstage or BB (prospectively). I play hard-stepped KBS Tour 110 or Modus 3. I also really like the SteelFiber for stability, but found the 95 too light. I haven't tried the 110 yet.
[/quote]

That's a great setup you have going. I really like the tournament blade with black finish from miura as well as the baby blade. I think you're right about not going wrong here - it really is splitting hairs. I've heard good things about the SteelFiber too so that's definitely worth considering. I'm playing c-tapers now which I really like. Lmk if you want to unload the Yonex or Yururi - maybe we can work something out.

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

My Flat Backs are beastly. Long and accurate - definitely give them some thought. I play x100's and they really feel amazing. Also, the craftsmanship and quality are exceptional

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Here's a thought:

Pick your favorite iron in the bag. 6,7, 8...whatever.

Get your club builder to make up a Miura, Tourstage & Yururi and get them built to your specs.....shafts, lie, grip - whole nine yards.

Take them to the range for a few weeks - Give them a good run through.

Make your decision and then order the remainder of the set you want.

Sell the other two on EBAY....or back to your clubmaker.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1375711043' post='7607410']
Here's a thought:

Get your club builder to make up a Miura, Tourstage & Yururi and get them built to your specs.....shafts, lie, grip - whole nine yards.

[/quote]

This. Exactly this. Although I wouldn't pick anything more lofted than a 7. The others will get snapped up on BST and you'll probably spend 20%-30% of each club for the demo. Well worth it.

However, don't be surprised when you're done you will only be able to eliminate one and the others will all be tied for first.

Epic SZ - T1100
13* Epic SZ - T1100
Epic 3H
Epon 303 4-A
Yururi Tataki 55/60
SC X6M

[quote name='FyteOn' timestamp='1375855706' post='7621764']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1375711043' post='7607410']
Here's a thought:

[/quote]

This. Exactly this. Although I wouldn't pick anything more lofted than a 7. The others will get snapped up on BST and you'll probably spend 20%-30% of each club for the demo. Well worth it.

However, don't be surprised when you're done you will only be able to eliminate one and the others will all be tied for first.
[/quote]

This is great advice - I think that's the route I'm going to have to go. You guys rock!

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1375867460' post='7621976']
What about Vega? I hit a demo a few weeks ago of the blade and it was awesome!
[/quote]

I don't know much about them - I've heard good things through this forum but haven't found any shops/fitters around me that carries them.

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

[quote name='pinseeker18' timestamp='1375867603' post='7621980']
[/quote]

I don't know much about them - I've heard good things through this forum but haven't found any shops/fitters around me that carries them.
[/quote]

Ah ok. I was lucky that the fitter i went to in the uk were agents for miura, vega, yuri and all that good stuff. Vega were my favourite and i'll have a set of the blades for my next set. Great set up and feel. Worth a look if your gonna spend big bucks. Is there no where in your area?

Cobra Amp Cell Pro
Titleist 913f
Mizuno MP54
Vokey 52/56
Odyssey #7 MXM Versa
WITB Link

[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1375868343' post='7621998']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah ok. I was lucky that the fitter i went to in the uk were agents for miura, vega, yuri and all that good stuff. Vega were my favourite and i'll have a set of the blades for my next set. Great set up and feel. Worth a look if your gonna spend big bucks. Is there no where in your area?
[/quote]

I'm going to check and see - one thing that is potentially swaying my decision is I just found a shop that's willing to move the Miura tournament blades (heads only) for $1000 out the door, and waiting for some confirmation but looks like they might do a deal for the heads, modus 3 shafts, iomic grips for around $1400 or so with labor. Might be too good of a deal to pass up...

913 D3
Yururi Blades
Yururi Raw Wedges
Bettinardi SS 15

Vegas are nice- a very high muscle which gives a more solid feel. Some people don't like the Modus 3s. I thought they were real nice shafts- tip heavy so you can really feel the hit, very good wind shafts and very consistent spin.

If you are spending that amount of money there is no reason to make a decision because of saving a few dollars. Mind you I'm not saying don't throw money away, but get what you want- in the long run it'll be worth it.

Slighter Auburn

[quote name='pinseeker18' timestamp='1375868722' post='7622004']
[quote name='tommy89' timestamp='1375868343' post='7621998']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm going to check and see - one thing that is potentially swaying my decision is I just found a shop that's willing to move the Miura tournament blades (heads only) for $1000 out the door, and waiting for some confirmation but looks like they might do a deal for the heads, modus 3 shafts, iomic grips for around $1400 or so with labor. Might be too good of a deal to pass up...
[/quote]

[i]Disclaimer: [/i][b]I'm Biased. [/b]

$1000.00 for Tournament Blades is a good deal. I'd probably jump on that - but that's only because I already know I like them. If you pass on that deal then maybe you could PM me with the information on who this clubmaker is.....A backup set is never a terrible thing to have.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='Swoosh-Thud' timestamp='1375910202' post='7626744']
I didn't think Miura dealers were allowed to sell just the heads.
[/quote]

Possible they were ordered and decided against purchasing. Plus, [i]how is Miura gonna enforce that and why?[/i]

There are a lot of handy people out there that want to do their own club work.....As long as the dealer purchases from Miura and doesn't cut the price really low and start shipping heads all over creation? I say no harm.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

I talked to a friend who is a Miura dealer and they are definitely not allowed to sell just the heads. The harm is the dealer could lose his account if found out and Miura probably doesn't want just anybody building clubs with their heads. There's a specific reputation Miura has and they want to ensure it's protected.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

[quote name='AUDuffer' timestamp='1375990212' post='7634430']
I talked to a friend who is a Miura dealer and they are definitely not allowed to sell just the heads. The harm is the dealer could lose his account if found out and Miura probably doesn't want just anybody building clubs with their heads. There's a specific reputation Miura has and they want to ensure it's protected.
[/quote]

I understand that Miura probably wants their licensed club builders to make the club up for the end customer. The harm I was talking about is more of a practical issue - there are a lot of good club makers that don't have Miura accounts and a lot of golfers who are handy enough to put their own clubs together. Even I can stick shafts in irons.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

So could I, but it doesn't mean they want just anybody putting their clubs together. Otherwise they might as well just sell them in the Golf works catalog or directly to consumers.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418