2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The NBA basketball thread 2013-2014

MtlJeff

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1399048437' post='9218589']
[quote name='tocino' timestamp='1399047867' post='9218515']*whew* the 3 games last night were INTENSE and because of it we have 3 game 7's on Saturday (first time ever?). How many of tonight's games lead to game 7's for Sunday? I hope it's all 3 to be honest. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about the NBA playoffs. Almost every single series has been great![/quote]

I agree with you 100%. This is as good of a 1st round as I can remember. Wow!
[/quote]

Majorly torn here - I almost don't want to go to the Pacers game tomorrow so I can stay home and watch the others too. First world problems.

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

[quote name='somaplr' timestamp='1399052231' post='9218971']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1399048437' post='9218589']
[quote name='tocino' timestamp='1399047867' post='9218515']*whew* the 3 games last night were INTENSE and because of it we have 3 game 7's on Saturday (first time ever?). How many of tonight's games lead to game 7's for Sunday? I hope it's all 3 to be honest. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about the NBA playoffs. Almost every single series has been great![/quote]

I agree with you 100%. This is as good of a 1st round as I can remember. Wow!
[/quote]

Majorly torn here - I almost don't want to go to the Pacers game tomorrow so I can stay home and watch the others too. First world problems.
[/quote]

Or, most of the people around here would rather watch the warriors-clippers game than the mayweather fight. In fact, the worst game on saturday will be 10 times more exciting then the mayweather fight

I think Sterling's comment today (I think) says as much about his character as anything on those tapes.

"I I wish I would have just paid her off."

So money > integrity/character

What's our world coming to?

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

As you all know, i'm an OKC fan....that being said, the Z-Bo suspension is horse-crap. I watched the game yesterday and didn't think much of the altercation between him and Steven Adams. Let's be real here, Adams is a known agitator....he's been in countless altercations this year

You can't suspend a star like Z-Bo for something like that, especially for a game 7....that's just brutal.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1399084067' post='9222009']As you all know, i'm an OKC fan....that being said, the Z-Bo suspension is horse-crap. I watched the game yesterday and didn't think much of the altercation between him and Steven Adams. Let's be real here, Adams is a known agitator....he's been in countless altercations this year

You can't suspend a star like Z-Bo for something like that, especially for a game 7....that's just brutal.[/quote]

See, I'm kind of in the other boat. What Randolph did was stupid, no doubt. When they decide a suspension, I don't think they should ever take into account what game is next. If he punches a guy during the regular season, he probably gets the same suspension. Why give him a pass now?

Whether or not Adams instigated the situation doesn't really matter (to me) because Randolph was the one that lost his cool. You've got to be able to contain your emotions there.

Just my $0.02. I can see either side, however.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1399083309' post='9221935']Paul George shouldn't be playing tomorrow. He should've got suspended.[/quote]

No

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1398490080' post='9174075']
So if there was a draft between Houston and Portland, everyone is taking Lillard as consensus #1 right?
[/quote]

Everyone is taking Lillard right? Dude has that "dog" in him.

Where is Courjester? He had a lot to say about Lillard.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1399098085' post='9222841']As great of a shot as that was, and it was great, that was some horrible D on the in bounds. It looked like Persons either was not ready or he was expecting Beverley to switch.

Dwight played like a max contract player tonight, gotta respect how he played.[/quote]

With that amount of time up two, you should switch everything. The pick never really came and Lilliard kinda of slipped the pick. Parsons trailed him, but did have a hand in his face. A player like Lilliard is going to get a shot off, it's just a matter of how good.[attachment=2206411:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1399122813.950860.jpg]

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1399123338' post='9223473']
Parsons looks like he's 8ft away in that screen cap.
[/quote]

Well he's also 6'9". I would "guesstimate" that there was less than a foot of room between their hands. It was a pretty crazy difficult shot on the move falling left. Basically the most difficult shot for a righty. Parsons and Beverly were denying the basket, pushing them up top (I'm assuming denying the quick cut for the two). But yea D wasn't optimal - that's a reeeeeediculous shot though. Probably a 15% probability ( according to the somaplr advanced metric system). He was about 5-6 ft behind the line.

Ah man.... Can't believe I missed these great games last night. Had a long week at work, fell asleep in my chair at 7, and went to bed at 8. Geez I feel like an old man sometimes (I'm 28).

Looking forward to the slate of games tonight. I'll be attending a bachelor party for a college friend. Thunder Up!

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1399098085' post='9222841']As great of a shot as that was, and it was great, that was some horrible D on the in bounds. It looked like Persons either was not ready or he was expecting Beverley to switch.

Dwight played like a max contract player tonight, gotta respect how he played.[/quote]

Dwight played great the entire series.. I was impressed. I wanna say he averaged like 27-12 or something for the series while shooting over 50% from the field. It's like he's back to his Orlando form..

Lillard is just stupid. What a shot.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1399085105' post='9222097']
[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1399084067' post='9222009']As you all know, i'm an OKC fan....that being said, the Z-Bo suspension is horse-crap. I watched the game yesterday and didn't think much of the altercation between him and Steven Adams. Let's be real here, Adams is a known agitator....he's been in countless altercations this year

You can't suspend a star like Z-Bo for something like that, especially for a game 7....that's just brutal.[/quote]

See, I'm kind of in the other boat. What Randolph did was stupid, no doubt. When they decide a suspension, I don't think they should ever take into account what game is next. If he punches a guy during the regular season, he probably gets the same suspension. Why give him a pass now?

Whether or not Adams instigated the situation doesn't really matter (to me) because Randolph was the one that lost his cool. You've got to be able to contain your emotions there.

[/quote]

I didn't think it was much of a thing, he shoved him a bit high on his body, towards the face. But i didn't see it as like a "punch". I thought maybe the suspension was a bit much

I'll say this about Adams though, he may have a real future in this league as one of those real "glue" guys. Like a poor mans Bill Laimbeer. I think he'll be a 12-9 type guy who everyone hates, but plays real solid D and has a few skills. This is like 3-4 guys this year he's gotten ejected or suspended just because he's such a d*ck

Plus with every horrible James Harden defense GIF, the trade looks better and better LOL

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1399097103' post='9222815']
So if there was a draft between Houston and Portland, everyone is taking Lillard as consensus #1 right?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven't checked the stats, but it feels like he's had one of the best "clutch" seasons ever. I mean off the top of my head it feels like he's hit 7-8 game winning type shots either at the buzzer or with 15-20 seconds left etc..He's also , in regular mode, a very good volume 3 point shooter overall, which is very dangerous. He's kind of like a lesser Steph Curry. He's not a terrific defender, but i feel like he at least is a bit of a baller, and doesn't just simply not care like Harden

If i was building a team, i would still take Aldridge. It's not like he was a chump in the series right? He averaged 30 a game against Howard and Asik for a lot of minutes. Without him Lillard doesn't have a chance to hit the series winner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1399150569' post='9225361'][quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1399097103' post='9222815']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven't checked the stats, but it feels like he's had one of the best "clutch" seasons ever. I mean off the top of my head it feels like he's hit 7-8 game winning type shots either at the buzzer or with 15-20 seconds left etc..He's also , in regular mode, a very good volume 3 point shooter overall, which is very dangerous. He's kind of like a lesser Steph Curry. He's not a terrific defender, but i feel like he at least is a bit of a baller, and doesn't just simply not care like Harden

If i was building a team, i would still take Aldridge. It's not like he was a chump in the series right? He averaged 30 a game against Howard and Asik for a lot of minutes. Without him Lillard doesn't have a chance to hit the series winner[/quote]

There was also a game against Dallas where he hit a ridiculous 3 to give them the lead with 2 seconds or so left. Had Ellis not hit a game winner of his own then, he'd have another on his resume.

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1399149785' post='9225299']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1399085105' post='9222097']

[/quote]

I didn't think it was much of a thing, he shoved him a bit high on his body, towards the face. But i didn't see it as like a "punch". I thought maybe the suspension was a bit much

I'll say this about Adams though, he may have a real future in this league as one of those real "glue" guys. Like a poor mans Bill Laimbeer. I think he'll be a 12-9 type guy who everyone hates, but plays real solid D and has a few skills. This is like 3-4 guys this year he's gotten ejected or suspended just because he's such a d*ck

Plus with every horrible James Harden defense GIF, the trade looks better and better LOL
[/quote]

OKC could do some real damage with a Jackson-Westbrook-Durant-Ibaka-Adams starting 5

Westbrook with a triple double while shooting over 50% from the field with 16 assists. That's why you can't trade the guy IMO. His upside is incredible.

[quote name='mnplayer' timestamp='1399127445' post='9223815']
Has anyone hit more big time shots than Lillard this year? And this is only his second year in the league.
[/quote]
Joe Johnson has hit some big shots this year

On Kevin Durant
Mr Unreliable Please

Kevin Durant just won the NBA Title imo. This Was The Only Series that worried me for The Thunder.