SuperSpeed Golf System

ace036

So I just purchased the SuperSpeed Golf System and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm looking to add some additional mph's to my swing. Current speed is 107-109 mph. I workout and lift on a regular basis 4-5 days per week.

So my question is... When is the ideal time to execute these SuperSpeed sessions so that I benefit the most in gaining clubhead speed? Before I lift? After I lift? Or should I dedicate days only to swing speed and not touch the weights on these days? Thoughts...

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I had a feeling that would be the case. I want my fast twitch fibers firing as best they can and would probably doing more harm than good if I did the swings post workout.

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

• 3 months later...

Just got the SS clubs yesterday. Seems like a fairly easy routine. I've been doing resistance band fast twitch training and I'm in fairly good shape - hit the gym 5 days week - lift and run - so I'm sure I can make some reasonable gains in time. I mean I can swing like a wild man and get over 130 - but there is not a lick of ball control - So what good is it? If I can get a useable 110+ that stays on the fairway, I'll be happy.

So after a bit of training a couple days a week I went to the range today and was swinging around 104 105 without much effort and hitting playable balls. I'm going to step it up a bit and try for 5 days a week with the system, but with my schedule it can be tough. If I can get up to a comfortable 113 average I'll be happy. Honestly though I haven't put the effort in due to time and other things. But just a little bit of work seems to have improved my average.

Swing speed is up. Was swinging upwards of 112 today. Most swings in the 104-106 range but I had a few up there way above my normal highs. Been doing the SS every other day. I changed shafts in my Callaway XR driver regular flex to a Fujikura Speeder 757 stiff flex. The shaft is way heavier than the project X and a bit longer, but the shots today at the range were noticeably better and farther once I figured out how to handle the new club weight. Been teeing it way up as well. Gonna keep at it and try to get to my goal SS which is a 115 average.

• 2 weeks later...

Hitting 105 -112 today - and more importantly all of them pretty straight. Been doing SS training every other day and resistance band plyo for fast twitch. I also use a swing fan when I am in the house a few times a day - nice and easy - and I find that the swing fan really forces you to move the lower body first - which is the big thing that got my SS up over 104. Firing that lower body in the swing - properly - really makes my speed go over 110 without much effort. But it took a while for my body to get the proper motion. It's all in the hips baby...

I notice that I get tired after about 10-12 good shots (drives) and have to lay off and go through the clubs in the bag - swinging easy wedges and low irons - before getting back to do another 10-12 drives. Overall my swings have improved and distances are up as well as decent contact. I think by mid summer I can be up where I want to be in the 115 range.

I use Donnie Parker's Power Golf System which I think is the comparable product i3putt referenced.

I was told to do the exercises in blocks of 3 to 4 reps then rest a minute to let your muscles get back to normal. My plan was to use this in the morning before my cardio or in the evening on off lifting days.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to give some props to the guys at Super Speed - my blue SS club snapped in half during a training session. I have no idea how it happened, nothing was hit - but when I was finished swinging it and went to pick up the red club it pretty much just broke in half. I emailed them and explained - and they are sending me out a new blue club at no charge. So I have to say great customer service there. And my swing speed is way up. Averaging 113+ after warming up now. Good days I'm closing in on 120.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you have the raw ability to swing a club 130 and I am talking swinging from the heels ,,not Happy Gillmore walk up,,,,then 120 should not be out of your range ,,super speed is great for getting your body to react and handle that faster motion,,,and that is all it does,,,gets you to 120 range ,,,thats only one step in the process,,,a 120 golf swing will need more attention for control ,,,club loft,,shaft frequency,,need to be looked at,,,if your using you same driver at the range and your CHS jumps 10mph ,,,,your swing has changed ,,shouldnt you look at your set up,,,,,,If your goal is strictly CHS training i think it is not the best of ideas to go out to the range and expect results,,,CHS is only one key to a longer drive,,,,when you can maintain that 120mph then go to the range and work on distance and results

• 1 month later...

If you have the raw ability to swing a club 130 and I am talking swinging from the heels ,,not Happy Gillmore walk up,,,,then 120 should not be out of your range ,,super speed is great for getting your body to react and handle that faster motion,,,and that is all it does,,,gets you to 120 range ,,,thats only one step in the process,,,a 120 golf swing will need more attention for control ,,,club loft,,shaft frequency,,need to be looked at,,,if your using you same driver at the range and your CHS jumps 10mph ,,,,your swing has changed ,,shouldnt you look at your set up,,,,,,If your goal is strictly CHS training i think it is not the best of ideas to go out to the range and expect results,,,CHS is only one key to a longer drive,,,,when you can maintain that 120mph then go to the range and work on distance and results

IMG_6289_zpslwmm55lx.jpg

I would agree - the swing training DOES work - but it takes time and consistency. I've been at it for several months now and I agree with everything said above - because you tend to lose control on the course after gaining the speed. Also your costs go up as your speed changes and your shaft goes from regular to Stiff to X stiff. And your irons change as well. On a good day I can now hit close to 125-128 - but I still struggle with hitting the center of the club face - so that means I am impressive as I go out into the woods searching for my balls while my friends are hitting irons on the short grass 75 yards back.

Right now I'm switching between a 2015 Callaway 9* Big Bertha DBD 45" stock shaft Stiff and a Regular 2015 Big Bertha 9* stock shaft stiff -- with all my misses as mostly push slices (far off right in rough). I know for a fact that is NOT from being over the top - it is from bad striking (off center hits) and too much hands in the release while being too much inside out. I can also hit line drives that fade L to right -- or completely put the ball straight left by over compensating for the fear of the push slice. I can hook it any time I want as well on command - but that is not really my problem. I battle center strikes on the club face - consistency off the tee and the fear of crushing it into another fairway. I battle the driver - worst club in the bag for me. Driver and 3 wood. I lose about 5 points every round because of bad drives off the fairway. But I've got my swing speed... I'm going to a pro this week to have him check out my swing and address these issues and maybe get fit for a new shaft as well.

Right now I'm switching between a 2015 Callaway 9* Big Bertha DBD 45" stock shaft Stiff and a Regular 2015 Big Bertha 9* stock shaft stiff -- with all my misses as mostly push slices (far off right in rough). I know for a fact that is NOT from being over the top - it is from bad striking (off center hits) and too much hands in the release while being too much inside out. I can also hit line drives that fade L to right -- or completely put the ball straight left by over compensating for the fear of the push slice. I can hook it any time I want as well on command - but that is not really my problem. I battle center strikes on the club face - consistency off the tee and the fear of crushing it into another fairway. I battle the driver - worst club in the bag for me. Driver and 3 wood. I lose about 5 points every round because of bad drives off the fairway. But I've got my swing speed... I'm going to a pro this week to have him check out my swing and address these issues and maybe get fit for a new shaft as well.

Now is a good time to go get a full bag fitting. Club Champion just opened up a location in Santa Monica. They are doing 50% off full bag till Apr 30th. Which is a heck of a deal imo. $175 for full bag is an awesome deal. I'm going to be in Redlands next month and I'm thinking about scheduling a fitting. Not that I'm unhappy with my clubs but I'm getting that new driver itch.

Note - not affiliated in anyway with them.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

Thanks , but there is no way in hell im buying a new set of clubs. Besides I hit my irons well. Just driver and 3 wood killing me. I can hit a 3 iron but not a 5 wood or a hybrid.

Oh I wouldn't buy clubs from them. Well let's amend that to I couldn't afford to buy clubs from them. But I can pick up the recommended clubs on the BST :taunt: .

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

Just get your Driver fitted. The fact that you are using a Stiff shaft could be part of the problem for all your inconsistent misses. I'm sure some of it could be attributed to your newfound speed and lack of control because of it. Either way good luck and it's good to hear you've increased your CHS by ~20%.

What are you using to measure CHS? The Swing Speed Radar? I have it as well and that's what I've been using.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Its seems your just at the x stiff mark,,shafts will vary all shaft companys now will indicate torque and weight ,,and it can very from 60gram 3.0 to 73gram 2.5 so its important to look at these not just stiff or x stiff. You may find a heavier shaft will lower your spin rate and straighten some miss hits. Fitting is always good but the shaft is key. Looks like swing training is working,,I always train both sides it is important for your body to know how to go fast but staying fast through acceleration and holding that speed through the follow through is why it is important to practice both sides. swinging at higher speeds if you don't train proper will cause injury's,,,,

The swing training is fairly simple using the 3 weighed clubs. 5 swings each side per club from lightest to heaviest. First set on knees (5 right - 5 left through the 3 clubs) - second set regular stance (same 5x5) - last set step in swing (same). Basically I have dropped the on your knees swing since I see no real benefit to it much anymore and it was starting to irritate my hands. But swing training is only half of it - and I only do it 3 times a week. I am in the gym 5 days a week doing regular weight training - not golf specific - just overall fitness - and I also do isometric bands 3 days a week which is golf specific to build fast twitch. I also use a swing fan daily and a few other training aids at will. I doubt I can get much faster but if I can keep a ball in play while swinging 118 - I'm fine with that. Hell anything in play for me 250+ is a good hit. Its about fairways and GIR.

I have studied the swing for a few years and what works and what to avoid and keep on learning more,,I use the same method from both sides and also in my workouts I work a little more now with the back side muscle groups ,,,tri's,back,glouts,hams.calves. These are needed to keep what you have started from the way up and down to continue though the follow though. The swing has to stop at some point and at higher speeds you need to be strong on the deceleration part as well. It helps with balance and flexiability to avoid injury. ,,I tried the swing fan didn't real like it felt like I couldn't complete a swing with it, but it might work for others.