Putting Aimpoint Express

2»

Comments

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members  4011WRX Points: 323Handicap: 6.2Posts: 4,011 Titanium Tees
    I was told anything under 6 feet you straddle the ball, 6-10 feet is half way and over 10 feet you break into 3rds. It's worked well for me so far.
    Posted:

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members  8407WRX Points: 349Handicap: 12.1Posts: 8,407 Titanium Tees
    Why will no one speak details of the system?
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • GungHoGolfGungHoGolf Student of the Game Austin, TXMembers  956WRX Points: 123Posts: 956 Golden Tee
    Cwing wrote:

So APE DVDs and lessons may continue to be sold.
    Posted:

-Ron at GungHoGolf

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members  4011WRX Points: 323Handicap: 6.2Posts: 4,011 Titanium Tees
    DeadStick wrote:

Cwing wrote:

With all of the info put out there by the different Aimpoint Express threads, it shouldn't take a super sleuth to figure out how to use it on their own.
    Posted:

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• Exactice808Exactice808 Just want to hit ball far and go find it... Members  4841WRX Points: 430Handicap: 7-27Posts: 4,841 Titanium Tees
    I highly and I mean HIGHLY recommend taking a class.... But....

1) This Puts Putt Geometry to focus and the basis of why Aimpoint itself works and how Aimpoint express simplifies putting.

https://www.youtube....h?v=7e8UgT6LrW4

2) Great threads that I participated and give some good "Direction" of Aimpoint Express

http://www.golfwrx.c.../#entry10972269

Good Luck!
    Posted:
    Titleist 915D3 
    TM M2v1 - 
    TM 18* M2 
    TM TP MC 4 & 5 PX 6.0 Rifles
    Cobra AMP Cell Pro 6-PW PX 6.0 Rifles
    Titleist SM5 Vokey50*/8*, 54*/10* & 58*/8* X100's
    Scotty Newport 2 33"
  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX  5576WRX Points: 714Posts: 5,576 ClubWRX
    Cwing wrote:

Because most people paid to take the classes or buy the DVD.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SIM Max 15° Project X Even Flow Riptide 70X
    Taylormade SIM Max Rescue 22° AD DI 85S
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    Vokey SM8 60.8M S400 
    LAB Golf Directed Force Reno 2.1T

Advertisement
  • AndrewKaletaAndrewKaleta Members  182WRX Points: 58Handicap: 1.6Posts: 182 Fairways
    I think people also assume that Aimpoint Express is really easy and can just be taught by anybody. The concepts are easy, but if you're taught any one of those concepts wrong, it won't work. An instructor will start you from the beginning and build upon simple ideas until they get to the point of putting all of the pieces of Aimpoint together. We can sit here and tell you to do this and do that, but it's doing that person a disservice if we explain anything even slightly wrong or just word it in a way that they don't understand completely.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5*___Aldila Rogue Silver 70
    Taylormade 2017 M2 3HL___ Project X HZRDUS Black
    Titleist 913H 21* ___Diamana Blue Board
    Mizuno MP-25 4-PW ___KBS C-Taper
    Cleveland 588 RTX 52* 56* 60*
    Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • epyonepyon Members  479WRX Points: 61Posts: 479 Greens
    Is the DVD a viable and useful option for those who cannot attend an APE class?
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2017 M1- AD DI 6s
    Cobra F7 3w - AD DI 7s
    Cobra F7 3H
    Cobra Bio Cell 4H
    Srixon 545 5-PW Nippon Modus 105
    Titleist SM4 52, 56, 60 - KBS Tour
    Odyssey O-works7s Red
    Bettinardi BB1
    Bettinardi Queen Bee 6
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9190WRX Points: 303Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,190 ClubWRX
    epyon wrote:

Is the DVD a viable and useful option for those who cannot attend an APE class?

The DVD is really good to explain the system, but I would recommend a Husky Digital Level ($30-40 at Home Depot) to accurately learn to feel the amount of slope.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @GungHoGolf said:

(Quote)

Are these videos money back guarantee ? Or do you get a stock option in the company for buying ? Closest guarded secret in golf.

Posted:
  • davep043davep043 Members  4985WRX Points: 2,189Handicap: 6.3Posts: 4,985 Titanium Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @GungHoGolf said:

Are these videos money back guarantee ? Or do you get a stock option in the company for buying ? Closest guarded secret in golf.

LOL, not nearly as closely held as Mac O'Grady's teachings at MORAD. I won't claim that its the best thing for every player, but its definitely helped my green reading, and I was reasonably competent before taking the class.

Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @davep043 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @GungHoGolf said:

LOL, not nearly as closely held as Mac O'Grady's teachings at MORAD. I won't claim that its the best thing for every player, but its definitely helped my green reading, and I was reasonably competent before taking the class.

It’s just funny to me that nobody breaks ranks.

Seems like too many guesses involved to shell out money for. As in length of arms , width of fingers and ability to guess percent of slope. Needs to be at least a tangible hook to get a person to buy id think.

Posted:
  • davep043davep043 Members  4985WRX Points: 2,189Handicap: 6.3Posts: 4,985 Titanium Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @davep043 said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @GungHoGolf said:

It’s just funny to me that nobody breaks ranks.

Seems like too many guesses involved to shell out money for. As in length of arms , width of fingers and ability to guess percent of slope. Needs to be at least a tangible hook to get a person to buy id think.

Evaluating the success of the program is pretty subjective, and success is dependent on more than just reading the green properly. I describe the basics to people all the time, I don't mind doing it. There's math and physics behind the basics, once you accept that you have two jobs: measure the slope, and measure an angle that the ball will curve through. Its the details that make it work, and the details are best learned through an on-site session.

Posted:

Home is Reston, Virgina, with regular visits to Southern Pines, NC

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1473WRX Points: 888Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,473 Platinum Tees

I just took a Aim point express clinic with the Mark Sweeney (founder) and Preston Combs (Preston putting).

It was really educational, fun, and easy to use. Highly recommend anyone who has a chance to take a clinic in their area. Being able to read greens is the foundation of good putting. meaning, you can have a killer good stroke and amazing speed, but if you can’t read the greens you don’t have a chance to make the putt. The kicker is, you don’t read with your eyes...

I now feel knowing how to read greens is the beginning to becoming a great putter.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                            Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                        Pistolini Plus  
    Titleist PROV1                                   ball
    Kirkland sig                                       glove 
    FJ rain glove                                     glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.