GPS holder for push cart?

ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,696 ✭✭
I'm looking at getting a G6 for Christmas, and I'd like to be able to mount it to the handle of my push cart. Is there a specific holster that people are using? Or will any old holster work well?

Comments

• Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 19,989 ✭✭
    Good timing. I was looking for the same thing. I purchased one of these, although I haven't received it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XQ2VEQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Caddie Buddy looks to be quite popular: https://www.amazon.com/Caddie-Buddy-SkyCaddie-skycaddie-button/dp/B002FXICXM

Here's another that looks interesting:

https://www.amazon.com/ChargrCity-Exclusive-GF1-Temporary-SkyCaddie/dp/B009DS9X9Y/ref=sr_1_45?s=golf&ie=UTF8&qid=1479145751&sr=1-45&keywords=bag

Unfortunately the weather is taking a turn for the worse in the Midwest, so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to try it out this year.
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,734 ClubWRX
    I use one of these with a Clicgear. http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/gps-holder.php

What brand cart do you have.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
    dbdors wrote:

I use one of these with a Clicgear. http://www.clicgear..../gps-holder.php

What brand cart do you have.

I have a ClicGear, but I don't like the idea of having to put a button on the back of the GPS. My Skycaddie Touch already has a button on the back, which I'm sure would interfere with the 2nd button. Also, this model does not allow for the device to be angled. It's a take or leave it position.
  • masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,482 ✭✭
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQJCVSE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this for my BB Quad and my iPhone. It's worked out very well when I do walk.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • LONGBALL777LONGBALL777 Posts: 106 ✭✭
    I was going to start this type of thread today. I have a Izzo Swami GPS, and a CaddyTek push cart. Any suggestions?
    edited Oct 22, 2018 #7
    After trying several expensive clamps, I wound up going with this: https://www.ebay.com...0:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

It's simple, cheap ($3.50), and gets the job done. No messing around with screws or clamps. It swings out of the way when I fold my cart, and yet it has a firm grip on the handle bar.

s-l1600.jpg
  • BargegolfBargegolf Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Hi there, do you think that contraption would work with the latest Skycaddie? It has a 5 inch screen and didn't come with a holster.
    I would think it would work with the new SX500. The SX500 is roughly the size of an iPhone 8, and the clip is designed for an iPhone. At $3.50, you're not going to be out a whole lot of $$$ is it doesn't quite work out.
  • BargegolfBargegolf Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Thanks for this. I will try it for use with my clicgear 3.5

The ClicGear holder is poorly designed, as it requires the use of the **** hole used by the umbrella holder. Do they assume nobody plays in the rain and uses a GPS? Also, attaching buttons to the back of devices is goofy.
  • denismcgdenismcg Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited Oct 26, 2018 #13
    Here are a few pics of a holder I made from a bit of aluminium sheet, a bit of velcro, and a bolt. You will need to put stick on velcro on the back of the GPS (best to use the furry part), then bend the aluminium, or steel sheet, in a vice. I have used this for over a year with no problems whatsoever. I also stuck some velcro on the back side so that it can be turned over for use when using the umbrella.
    Bridgestone J715 B3 10.5 with AD-GP7 stiff
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX Pro limited 15.5 with Kurakage TINI 
    Callaway Apex 3 hybrid with Kurakage stiff
    Srixon Z565 4-PW
    Taylormade Milled Grind 50,54,48
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    BTW, the hole is drilled offset so it will fit on the umbrella mount I made for my Kangaroo electric cart. You can just drill it in the centre.
    Srixon Z565 4-PW
  • hack2489hack2489 Members Posts: 214
    denismcg wrote:

Here are a few pics of a holder I made from a bit of aluminium sheet, a bit of velcro, and a bolt. You will need to put stick on velcro on the back of the GPS (best to use the furry part), then bend the aluminium, or steel sheet, in a vice. I have used this for over a year with no problems whatsoever. I also stuck some velcro on the back side so that it can be turned over for use when using the umbrella.

DIY ... That's cool dude. Well done.

I really like seeing DIY ingenuity.

Clever.
  • hack2489hack2489 Members Posts: 214
    denismcg wrote:

BTW, the hole is drilled offset so it will fit on the umbrella mount I made for my Kangaroo electric cart. You can just drill it in the centre.

Ah, the OCD in me couldn't, wouldn't, cope with that...

Off centre *shudders and huddles in a corner rocking back and forth

I'd have made another one for my other buggy / cart.

hack2489 wrote:

denismcg wrote:

Ah, the OCD in me couldn't, wouldn't, cope with that...

Off centre *shudders and huddles in a corner rocking back and forth

I'd have made another one for my other buggy / cart.

I am way to frugal to waste Velcro.
    Srixon Z565 4-PW
  • BowlorgolfBowlorgolf Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I use the clic gear on my Garmin s6. I got an extra clip holder off the bay for less than $6 and took the clip off the back and replaced it with the clic button. You can still use the umbrella holder by using it instead of the **** for the holder.
    I bought this, and I have to say, it's perfect. Doesn't look that sturdy, but it is solid as a rock. Thanks for a great recommendation!

Argonne69 wrote:

After trying several expensive clamps, I wound up going with this: https://www.ebay.com...0:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

It's simple, cheap ($3.50), and gets the job done. No messing around with screws or clamps. It swings out of the way when I fold my cart, and yet it has a firm grip on the handle bar.

s-l1600.jpg
    Have to update. Unfortunately, this only lasted 3 rounds before the part that attaches to the push cart became too loose to use. I will post a review when I try the next alterative.

Have to update. Unfortunately, this only lasted 3 rounds before the part that attaches to the push cart became too loose to use. I will post a review when I try the next alterative.

Bummer. I've had mine for over a year, and it's still tight.