What Iron shafts are the best????

GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
edited Jan 1, 2006 in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1
Rifle v. TT
I play my 690.MB's with rifle 6.0's they are hardstepped bc thats what all manufactutrers do with rifle shaft so theyt actually play to a 7.0...which i just found out last month.

I love the Rifle's but am pondering going back to TT DG S400's or X100's...most likely the S400's tho.

What do you guys think?????

I dont like the PX's too light. my irons are like a D-5 SW.

i hitt an extremely high ball and the rifles seem to have helped me a little with that..also just learning how to hit more types of shots helped.....

ALL RIGHT SO HERE IT IS........ I'm probly gonna get 735.CM's and dont know if i want to get the TT DG S400's or Rifle Flighted's frecuencied perfectly to like a 6.2???????

What do you like better????

RIFLE or TT DG's

Thanks,

DaN "goose"

(Post Number 500!!)
PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

Comments

• animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    I HAVE A RIFLE 6.0 IN MY RAC MB IN MY 2 IRON and s300 in my irons 3-pw[mizuno mp-33].i agree with you the rifle does slightly bring down the flight and the s300 def do go higher.considering your ball flight is higher i would go with the rifles, maybe 6.5s.but dont forget a high ball flight with the irons is a great weapon in attacking flags and bringing a course to its knees so dont go too stiff with the rifles, but if you do need to bring down the flight, go with the rifles
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    animalistic wrote on Jan 1 2006, 05&#58;36 PM:

I HAVE A RIFLE 6.0 IN MY RAC MB IN MY 2 IRON and s300 in my irons 3-pw[mizuno mp-33].i agree with you the rifle does slightly bring down the flight and the s300 def do go higher.considering your ball flight is higher i would go with the rifles, maybe 6.5s.but dont forget a high ball flight with the irons is a great weapon in attacking flags and bringing a course to its knees so dont go too stiff with the rifles, but if you do need to bring down the flight, go with the rifles

I here u on the not too stiff but my rifles are a 7.0 now...bc theyre hard stepped.....

JUSTR FOR CLARIFICATION>>>>>>>> Rifle shats are made for old sets of irons so the rifle shaft you have in your 2 iron is actually a 1 iron shaft and the shaft in your 3 iron is actually a 2 iron shaft and so on and so forth which makes them frequency a full flex stiffer so any rifle shaft you order form a manufacturere in ur set will play a full flex firmer...your 6.0's will play to a 7.0.......so if i do go with rifle im just ordering a set and then going to my club maker to get the rifles custom frequencied to perfection......

BUT ANYWAYS LET THE DEBATE CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
    thanks for the info goose.i never knew that about the full flex firmer.thanks
    animalistic wrote on Jan 1 2006, 05&#58;51 PM:

thanks for the info goose.i never knew that about the full flex firmer.thanks

But it only is true if u order them fom the factory that way like i did with my 690.mb's if you get them istalled by a local club fitter he should do it the proper way with rifle blanks which they cut to the prope frequency. just thought i had to add that.

Dan "goose" image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Ok tanks, ill ckeck my 2 iron out.thanks goose
  • tanjtanj Jr. Boomers Posts: 664
    TT definitely. They set the standards of today IMO.
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    Both shafts have a totally different feel. It all depends on personal preference. For me TT has always been the nest. I am putting DG S-400 in my new RAC CB TP Tour w/ mill marks. They are going to be sweet. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Adam
  • mizunomizuno Members Posts: 457

[/quote]

I here u on the not too stiff but my rifles are a 7.0 now...bc theyre hard stepped.....

JUSTR FOR CLARIFICATION>>>>>>>> Rifle shats are made for old sets of irons so the rifle shaft you have in your 2 iron is actually a 1 iron shaft and the shaft in your 3 iron is actually a 2 iron shaft and so on and so forth which makes them frequency a full flex stiffer so any rifle shaft you order form a manufacturere in ur set will play a full flex firmer...your 6.0's will play to a 7.0.......so if i do go with rifle im just ordering a set and then going to my club maker to get the rifles custom frequencied to perfection......

I have played Rifle shafts for several years now and for my game the feel and ball flight of the Rifles is better than DGs.

I would like to know the basis for your claim that factory installed Rifles are hard stepped. I have owned two sets of Mizuno's (Pro II with Rifle 5.5, MP32s with Rifle 6.0) and I can state for a fact that neither set was hard stepped. Also I seem to recall from an earlier post that hard or soft stepped shafts only change the flex frequency by 1/3 to 1/4. I am sure someone with more expertise in this area can comment on the effect of hard or soft stepping on the flex.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5*
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 16*
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
    Mizuno MP32 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5
    mizuno wrote on Jan 1 2006, 10:39 PM:

I have played Rifle shafts for several years now and for my game the feel and ball flight of the Rifles is better than DGs.

I would like to know the basis for your claim that factory installed Rifles are hard stepped. I have owned two sets of Mizuno's (Pro II with Rifle 5.5, MP32s with Rifle 6.0) and I can state for a fact that neither set was hard stepped. Also I seem to recall from an earlier post that hard or soft stepped shafts only change the flex frequency by 1/3 to 1/4. I am sure someone with more expertise in this area can comment on the effect of hard or soft stepping on the flex.

[/quote]

MINE IS ONLY BASED ON HOW TITLEIST DOES THERES. it was explained to me by my clubbuilder
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    I play PX's in my CG2's, and they measure out at 6.2 on the Rifle Scale. I like them, they are extremely smooth, and the trajectory is perfect for my liking. I do like my irons a little on the heavy side, so to make them feel similar to the weight of my previous S3's, I put some leadtape in the cavity, and they feel perfect to me now.

So my vote goes towards Rifles.

- Bryan
  • golfer_juniorgolfer_junior Members Posts: 1,152
    I have found that TT's launch slightly lower with more spin than the rifles in the same flex. I perfer the feel of TT's way more than those of rifles (feel oddly whippy for an iron shaft).