Who's playing MP 32's / 60's ??

Madball

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..Madball..I know I'm not the only one using them yet no replies. Anyways....here's a "semi-review".

I've been playing the MP 60's since they came out. Prior to the MP 60's....a brief rundown on some of the iron sets I was playing shortly prior to switching over. Nike Pro Combo's, Titleist 690.cb's, 704.cb, Royal Collection Muscle Backs, MP32's. The MP 32's were the last set before the 60's.

I loved the MP32's, really had no complaints about them but when I saw the 60's, compared the heads, I figured a little forgiveness added to what was basically a MP32 couldn't hurt. The offset is slightly more but not noticable in the 60 vs 32. The toplines are almost identical. The headsize is perfect in my eye. Not too large and not too small like a muscle back. The feel is the usual soft grain flow forged you expect from Mizuno.

Results: I love the feeling of these irons. Very soft yet there's a little stability to the hit where you can still tell if you missed the ball unlike a totally forgiving cavity back ala big bertha. A pured shot feels identical to a muscle back. The sound at impact gives that nice whaaaack that I look for in an iron. I love a club that not only has a good feeling but gives good auditory feedback without sounding dead. Forgiveness wise, I really can't tell the difference between the 60's and the 32's. I can tell they are better then the 690.cb's I used to play.

Since playing the 32's and now the 60's...my first adventure with Mizuno's. I can honestly say I may change iron sets, but I'll never change brands again. Mizuno is making the greatest forgings I've played in years.

Some pics of the MP60 5 iron:

5ironback.jpg

5ironface.jpg

5irontop.jpg

I'm currently playing the MP-60's 3-5 iron and MP-32's 6-9 iron. I love the set. The forging are so soft and for me there is little difference in appearance when pulling any club in the bag. I've never hit the 32 long irons so I can't give an opinion, but if I had to make a change I would probably go with a complete set of the 60's. There's little to no difference in appearance and there a bit more forgiving.

For those that have the MP60's --how do they compare to other irons in head size/ offset / feel / and playability??

Great review. I play the MP 32's 3i-PW and love them. I like the idea of playing the 60's in the 3i-6i and the 32's in 7i-PW. I here the ball flight with the 60 long irons is slightly higher than the 32's. Do you feel the same way. Why do you like the 60's over the 32's? Is there a lot more forgiveness because I feel the 32's are pretty easy to hit all the way thru the set.

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1

I got the MP60 soon after they came out. I'd been playing TA5s. Naturally, the MP60s are a little less forgiving than the TA5s but not all that much. I lose a little distance on mishits, but just about anything other than basically a shank results in an OK shot. When I hit it well, I seem to get more accurate results with the MPs. I love 'em!

Can't wait for it to warm up so I can get back to playing them.

I don't play down past a 4 iron anyway so I won't go with a combo set..

I like the looks of both sets...do the 32's feel better being a blade type over the 60's??

Looks like either set would be very nice.. If the 32's are forgiving,

lower ballflight, and more workable--that might be a no brainer for me...

But I've seen reviews that the 60's do all this AND are a touch more forgiving.

TM R1 Phenom
Ping 18*
TM 22*
Mizuno Easy Forged
TM 52-56=60
2 ball blade milled

I've had both the 32s and the 60s. I dumped the 32s because I found them a little too demanding (although they felt unbelievable). The 60s have turned to be just perfect for me. Soft feeling and noticably more forgiving than the 32s--particularly in the long irons. The 60s are very similar in playability to the Hogan Apex Edge Pros, which I had been playing for several years. However the 60s feel much softer. (For reference: index 1.2)

great pics Pitbull. I also have both mp32 and mp60s. The toe on the mp60s are a tad higher and the leading edge is not quite as straight, soles are also a bit narrower on the mp60s especially out towards the toe. Other than that overall size is minimal. I think Mizuno claims the mp60s are 3 percent larger, which comes out mathamatically to almost nothing at all. Both great clubs. Mp60s are easier to hit due to the larger sweet spot and cavity back and both sets are super sweet when struck solid, albeit I don't think you can beat the soft feel of the mp32s, which IMO are just a bit softer on the Butter scale. LOL>

I also have the 60/32 combo. I have played full sets of both and ended up with the slight combo set. The 60s definitely got the ball up easier. A little too high for me in the shorter irons. I didnt notice a huge difference in forgiveness so I went with having more of the 32s in the bag since I think they look better which probably translates into thinking they have better feel. The offset seems about the same between the two

i have the 32's and i don't like them, i have them with project X 5.5. the 32's are really easy to hit. but after playing for a month, i tried my titleist again, and titleist feels so much better at impact. the mizuno gets to mushy, like the 905 driver. overall i don't like them, im not a big fan of mizuno anyway. i still think titleist is the best for the players who love the game

We wouldn't have guessed that there might be a bit of bias by your "name", would we? lol

I am playing the 32s and think they are great. There is plenty of forgiveness in the long irons so I don't see a reason to switch to the 60s, which to me look a little bigger and not quite as appealing as the 32s.

In the past, I have strayed from Mizuno irons but I keep coming back. When will I learn???

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

i have the 32's and i don't like them, i have them with project X 5.5. the 32's are really easy to hit. but after playing for a month, i tried my titleist again, and titleist feels so much better at impact. the mizuno gets to mushy, like the 905 driver. overall i don't like them, im not a big fan of mizuno anyway. i still think titleist is the best for the players who love the game

We wouldn't have guessed that there might be a bit of bias by your "name", would we? lol

I see some bias. A bit mushy, I have never heard people complain about Mizuno irons in this way. Soft like butter yes, mushy no way. I looked at the Titleist 735 CM's the other day and I was impressed with the short irons but the long irons are just plain ugly. Too much offset and too long. I agree with most in here concerning the forgiveness of the 32's (they play almost like a cavity back). I was just curious about the MP 60 3 and 4 irons. I like to hit a penetrating high ball with my long irons and was wondering if they noticeably are higher launching then the 3 and 4 irons in the MP 32's.

Taylormade M1 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Titleist 915 Fd 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70
Callaway Apex Hybrids 20* & 23*
Callaway Apex Pro 16 5-PW Project X
Callaway MD3 54* & 58*
Odyssey Versa 1