Had a set of FAKE X-forged - Returned them but kind of regretting it...lol

So I got a "deal" on a set of "Japanese spec" Calaway X-forged off of ebay. Didn't examine them as closely as I should have. Just popped them in the bag and off I went to the range. I LOVED THEM!! Felt great, distance control was easy. Nice trajectory, loved the way they hit and sounded. Took them out for a round shot 79 and I was in love. So a friend decides he loved the way mine felt and got a set of "US" spec X-forged. He immediately wanted to compare and found out that mine were fake. SO, I immediately messaged the seller and he offered to take them back and refunded my money.

NOW, I've tried real X-forged irons and I do not love them as the fake ones that I had. Wasn't even sure if the Nippon shafts were real. But it was something about that set that I ALMOST regret sending the set back. Out of some frustration, I pulled the trigger and ordered P790's at retail and I dont really like them either. They seemed fine at the golf shop, but outdoors, they sound and feel more hollow than I remember.

My question to those who got duped on these fake clubs. Did you guys ever hit them? If so... your thoughts?

Comments

• jmvargasjmvargas Members Posts: 6,115 ✭✭
    how sure was your friend that they were fake..did he have Callaway authenticate it?

it may NOT have been fake after all..
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60
  • I bought a Taylormade SLDR 3 and 5 wood, they were terrible fakes and played like it, they were just god awful!

If the Cally's played really well how do you know they were fake? though if they werent im sure the seller wouldnt have refunded
    DRIVER:Taylormade M2 (2016) 9.5* - Diamana 60S
    3 WOOD:Taylormade M2 Tour (2017) 17* HL - Diamana 70 S
    HYBRID:Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
    IRONS 4-PW:Taylormade P770 -KBS Tour S 2.0* flat
    GAP WEDGE:Taylormade R Series Satin 51*(52) - KBS Tour S - 2.5* flat
    WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
    PUTTER:TaylormadeSpider Tour Red - 34"
    BALL:[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Whichever gets bought for me, or found.[/font]
  • IIvudooIIIIvudooII Members Posts: 245
    I woke up next to someone once and I had the same feeling. But he did everything better than she did. I still said goodbye..
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Why did your buddy think they were counterfeits? Did you call Callaway?
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm Members Posts: 729 ✭✭
    Sounds like your friend was jealous and didn't want you to play with JDM clubs...
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,583 ✭✭
    IIvudooII wrote:

I woke up next to someone once and I had the same feeling. But he did everything better than she did. I still said goodbye..

What? 😲
  • IIvudooIIIIvudooII Members Posts: 245
    justasgood wrote:
    IIvudooII wrote:

What? �
    I thought we were talking counterfeits..
  • baudibaudi Posts: 641 ✭✭
    I've seen and hit 2013 x forged heads without the Callaway stamping. Felt the same. Great heads.
  • marmadukmarmaduk Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I was in charge of getting our boss a Christmas present from the entire staff of the restaurant. My friend said he could get a brand new Ping G10 driver for $150 He thought it was stolen but it turns out it was a knock off. We know this because my friend also bought one and when we were practising with it at the driving range I took a swing and the golf ball went through the face and ended up rattling inside the driver head! I golf with my boss often and he still plays with it 10 years later. Every time he takes a swing I half expect it to explode but the driver itself seems to be in very good condition.
    WITB: Epon, Ryoma, A-Grind, Yururi, Bettinardi
    http://www.golfwrx.c...-pic-heavy-jdm/

Trees may be 90% air but they're 100% angry.
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    I have a buddy that bought a set of Mizuno JPX 800 Pro irons and he played them for about 9 months before his 6 iron caved in during a round. He contacted the Ebay seller that told him that he was ripped off by one of his sources and offered to refund his money. My buddy bought a new set and learned not to ever make a purchase without consulting me.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • btmoneybtmoney hack Members Posts: 157 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

I have a buddy that bought a set of Mizuno JPX 800 Pro irons and he played them for about 9 months before his 6 iron caved in during a round. He contacted the Ebay seller that told him that he was ripped off by one of his sources and offered to refund his money. My buddy bought a new set and learned not to ever make a purchase without consulting me.

9 months later? Dont believe it
  • Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,273 ✭✭
    marmaduk wrote:

My friend said he could get a brand new Ping G10 driver for $150 He thought it was stolen but it turns out it was a knock off.

So you guys would have been happier if it were stolen then.....

btmoney wrote:

Tzoid wrote:

9 months later? Dont believe it

So you're calling me a Liar ? You must be a Special kind of Person
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X