Spray on Sunscreen Quetion

caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
I have developed a splotchy red rash on my legs after playing. I have been using either Coppertone Sport or Banana Boat Sport spray on my legs, and wonder if I have developed an allergy. I use solar sleeves on my arms, so no problem there. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, is there a good spray sunscreen for sensitive skin?

Comments

  • CactusGolfCactusGolf ClubWRX Posts: 1,808
    As someone extremely sensitive to the sun, I've shied away from the spray sunscreens as my main sunscreen. I use sprays only as a mid-late round touch up.



    I stick to the lotions and have found good results with the Neutrogena UltraSheer DryTouch products for body and face. My hands don't get greasy after applying.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 65
    Taylormade M2 15* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
    Taylormade M2 18* Matrix Black Tie 6M4
    Taylormade PSi 4-PW KBS Tour
    Callaway MD3 50*/54*/58*
    Nike Method Origin B2-01
    Callaway Chrome Soft
    WITB Link
  • Fish-N-ChipsFish-N-Chips Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    I recently developed the same issue. I still get splotchy on my legs if I don't apply sun screen, so I think it is just some form of heat rash. I haven't found a sunscreen that keeps my legs from itching yet.


    caniac6 wrote:


    I have developed a splotchy red rash on my legs after playing. I have been using either Coppertone Sport or Banana Boat Sport spray on my legs, and wonder if I have developed an allergy. I use solar sleeves on my arms, so no problem there. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, is there a good spray sunscreen for sensitive skin?
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* Tour AD-MJS
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Tour AD-DI 95S
    Bridgestone J40 3H PX 6.0
    Bridgestone J40 4H PX 6.0
    Ping S56 5-PW KBS Tour 90 S
    Vokey SM4 50*
    Vokey SM5 54*
    Ping Glide 60* E/S
    Ping Redwood Zing
  • BKN1964BKN1964 Members Posts: 955 ✭✭
    Are you sure it's not this? https://www.verywell...culitis-3435796



    I get it occasionally when it's really hot and humid.
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    BKN1964 wrote:


    Are you sure it's not this? https://www.verywell...culitis-3435796



    I get it occasionally when it's really hot and humid.
    That sure looks like it. I walk when I play, and it has been hot and humid here in NC. It doesn't itch, or cause any other discomfort. Thanks.
  • Sonny217Sonny217 50/50/90 Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Coppertone Water Babies. SPF 50, Broad Spectrum, and water/ sweat resistant. Great for sensitive skin.
  • wrbush31wrbush31 Members Posts: 1,334 ✭✭
    CactusGolf wrote:


    As someone extremely sensitive to the sun, I've shied away from the spray sunscreens as my main sunscreen. I use sprays only as a mid-late round touch up.



    I stick to the lotions and have found good results with the Neutrogena UltraSheer DryTouch products for body and face. My hands don't get greasy after applying.




    This. I also swear by SKIN products.
    WITB 2/3/16:
    Driver - Golf club
    3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
    Irons - More Golf clubs
    Wedges - Knives
    Putter - wrench
  • me05501me05501 Posts: 412
    Sonny217 wrote:


    Coppertone Water Babies. SPF 50, Broad Spectrum, and water/ sweat resistant. Great for sensitive skin.




    Yep. One of my kids has a sensitivity to regular sunscreen and his redness/rash cleared up when we switched to the "kid safe" sunscreens.
  • waylmanwaylman Posts: 141 ✭✭
    I used to get terrible heat rash but I've completely fixed it by not using waterproof sunscreen. Waterproof sunscreen clogs pores and causes heat rash.



    I use this stuff and it is awesome: https://www.amazon.com/Piz-Buin-BUIN-LOTION-200ML/dp/B00EO3FLSA/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1531175659&sr=1-1&keywords=piz+buin



    It ships from the UK but it arrives pretty quickly. I'm sure there are other good sunscreens available in the US but I dig the Piz Buin.
  • tips09tips09 Members Posts: 219 ✭✭
    caniac6 wrote:


    I have developed a splotchy red rash on my legs after playing. I have been using either Coppertone Sport or Banana Boat Sport spray on my legs, and wonder if I have developed an allergy. I use solar sleeves on my arms, so no problem there. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, is there a good spray sunscreen for sensitive skin?


    Ive had that issue occur with most Banana Boat sunscreen products. I have fairly sensitive skin and I have found that Nuetrogena and Sun Bum products I have zero issues with.
    Callaway GBB Epic 9* Paderson VMT 870 S+
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    Cobra Fly Z 18* Matrix Red Tie 6Q3/ Srixon Z565 3 Iron DGS300
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Nike VR Forged Raw 50* 54* DG S400
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58* DG S400
    Cleveland HB #1
    Srixon Z Star
Sign In or Register to comment.