ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Scotty fastback style putters

Krosch3Krosch3 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hey everyone, any other putters similar to the Scotty select fastback? I'm dancing around the idea of putting a fastback in play but open to hearing about other options that may be out there. Also, of the fastback models, what ones do you prefer? Ping redwood Piper s also is on my radar.

Thanks for the input in advance

Comments

• islesmbislesmb Advanced Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Odyssey o works black 3t.
  • ballywho27ballywho27 Advanced Members Posts: 509
    I’ve been looking at fastbacks. How much toe hang do they have?
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Advanced Members Posts: 2,555 ✭✭
    The FB and new FB2 are great putters. The FB has next to no toe hang. The FB2 has medium toe flow. I like the FB2. Mallet stability and forgiveness with a plumber neck traditional style look. I like mallets but this FB2 arrangement just worked for my eye and stroke. Still love my Futura 7M but I now have 2 second option I have a lot of trust in.
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 105 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Advanced Members Posts: 621
    I have a 2014 FB, the one with the much maligned cross alignment. From memory this had in the region of 30 degree toe hang but after five years I could be wrong.

All I know is that whatever other putters I get or try, nothing kicks it out the bag for more than a month. Just sits perfectly and feels great.
    Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Mizuno MX700 18° with NVS
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-UW
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 54° (satin) and 60° (black)
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    Taylormade TP5

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.
  • Krosch3Krosch3 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    philly2kuk wrote:

I have a 2014 FB, the one with the much maligned cross alignment. From memory this had in the region of 30 degree toe hang but after five years I could be wrong.

All I know is that whatever other putters I get or try, nothing kicks it out the bag for more than a month. Just sits perfectly and feels great.

That is the model that jumped out to me the most. For some reason I do not mind the plus sign, big t, whatever you want to call the alignment aid. Rolled some at the local golf Galaxy off the used rack a while back and it always pops back into my head, not sure why I never pulled the trigger. The newer select series look nice but not sure about insert, Cameron and crown 33" model looks great in my opinion.
  • philly2kukphilly2kuk Advanced Members Posts: 621
    Krosch3 wrote:
    philly2kuk wrote:

That is the model that jumped out to me the most. For some reason I do not mind the plus sign, big t, whatever you want to call the alignment aid. Rolled some at the local golf Galaxy off the used rack a while back and it always pops back into my head, not sure why I never pulled the trigger. The newer select series look nice but not sure about insert, Cameron and crown 33" model looks great in my opinion.

I could be wrong but I think my model was the last before the insert in 2016. A lot of people dislike the cross but I love it. Just makes lining up easy.
    Taylormade M3 with Evenflow Blue
    Mizuno MX700 18° with NVS
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 22°
    Ping G25 4-UW
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 54° (satin) and 60° (black)
    Scotty Cameron 2014 Fastback
    Taylormade TP5

Remember, there's no pictures on a scorecard, only a number.