Ideas for removing color from anodized aluminum

brew4eagle ·  
brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 3291WRX Points: 431Handicap: 8.2Members Posts: 3,291 Titanium Tees
Joined:  edited Apr 26, 2019 in Putter Mods and Micro Putter Artisans #1

Those with experience using heavy duty cleaner to remove anodized aluminum color, do you think it's possible to lightly apply oven cleaner to an insert while it's still on a putter? Or does the insert definitely have to be removed first, so it can be submerged in the cleaner?

Posted:
Post edited by brew4eagle on
Sun Mountain 2.5+
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
PING G25 23*
Nike VR-S Forged 5i
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 6-P
Titleist SM6 52*F, 58*M
Black Lab BL-1

Comments

• jtitleist12jtitleist12  3121WRX Points: 244Members Posts: 3,121 Titanium Tees

I would think you could remove the red anodization with Easy Off Oven Cleaner. I’ve used it to remove anodized colors on aluminum on everything from Ping inserts to Scotty Cameron sole plates.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NC 888WRX Points: 283Members Posts: 888 Golden Tee

If it was me, I'd remove it. I doubt it would mess up the rest of the putter but seems like it would be easier to remove all of the finish with it off...all the nooks and crannies. This is purely my opinion and not based on any previous experience!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.