GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

Left or Right Handed?

Kcct82 ·  
Kcct82Kcct82 Members  336WRX Points: 221Posts: 336 Greens

Hi, my younger boy is almost 3, and I plan to take him along to play some golf with his older brother soon. He’s naturally right handed as far as I can tell (holds utensils and crayons with right hand), but every time he swings a toy club or bat he swings left handed. His grip is also correct for left handed swings. I tried having him swing right handed and it just looks unnatural. Should I get him left handed clubs or force him to switch to right? Thanks

Posted:

Comments

• Kevlar10Kevlar10 Members  109WRX Points: 61Handicap: 13Posts: 109 Fairways

My son is right handed when it comes to some things like writing and throw or catching a baseball, but a lot of other things he does left handed like golf and hitting a baseball. I never tried to force him to do anything either way, I just let him do what was comfortable for him. He’s 13 now and is developing into a good hitter in both sports. We actually toyed with him hitting righty during last baseball season and he did well enough to hit righty during games. I say, let him develop whichever way he is most comfortable.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.