GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

DIY RAW Irons.

maritimegolf ·  
maritimegolfmaritimegolf Members  2WRX Points: 0Posts: 2 Starters

Hey there everyone, I am going to attempt to strip the nickel from my Mizuno MP32's and go raw. I was wondering if anyone has done this before or knew if I would run into copper plating on the MP32's like some other Mizzy models! If you've stripped any Mizuno Models I would love to see them!

Posted:

Comments

• Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1111WRX Points: 349Posts: 1,111 Platinum Tees

Good luck getting the chemicals. If you do, you likely won't find a place to legally dispose of waste created.

Do a search, PLENTY of threads about this.

I have raw wedges. Pay a professional.

/thread

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19696WRX Points: 1,745Posts: 19,696 Titanium Tees

Before you can strip the nickle you need to strip the chrome. As HD stated, lots of older threads on this already. It's not a DYI job for most.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members  1130WRX Points: 258Posts: 1,130 Platinum Tees

Just to add, find a local chrome shop. They'll be able to do them and will do them cheaply. Pull the heads yourself.

Posted:
    XTD 10.5* Pro Launch Blue 55X
    917F2 16.5* Fuji P95X
    Nike VFP 3 Fuji P95X
    T-MB 4 CT130X
    5-PW VR Pro CB/MB Raw Combo CT130X
    National Custom 53/58 CT130X
    Raw Hi-Toe 64* CT130X
    Spider/Cameron
  • wis99skiwis99ski Members  169WRX Points: 29Posts: 169 Fairways

Any updates?

Posted:
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Mizuno JPX 900 with Kuro Kage Silver Dual Core TiNi 80 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Fairway: 3W Tour Edge Exotics Beta Ti with Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80 S[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour 18* with UST Mamiya Recoil S[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno JPX 850 forged and MP-32 with Nippon Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driving Iron: Exotics CB PROh 18* with Fujikura Fuel Tour 70 S [/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: Scratch 47, Mizuno T5 53*-11, 57*-12 with Modus Wedge 125[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: Cure RX5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.