GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

golfing with-out drinking

nib ·  
nibnib Members  41WRX Points: 61Posts: 41 Bunkers

I plan to quit drinking- wondering about the shakes and golf if they will go away

Posted:

Comments

• myspinonitmyspinonit Members  3008WRX Points: 214Posts: 3,008 Titanium Tees

If this is a serious post, and you are worried about the shakes, that I will presumee is a high alcohol intake, perhaps you should consult a physician as I understand total sudden w/d can have issues. I respectfully think golf yips etc. are a secondary consideration.

Posted:

Ping G410 Plus 10.5°  Alta CB 55 R

Ping G410  5 wood (at 16.5°) &  7 wood ( at 19.5°)  Alta CB 65 R

Ping G410  22° & 26° hybrids  Alta CB 70 R

Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70 A

Vokey SM6 49.07F; SM4 54.11M & 58.09S  Steelfiber i80 R

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5  34"

Ball: Q Star Tour

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4962WRX Points: 735Posts: 4,962 Titanium Tees

If you are worried about the shakes, I suggest getting help. I’m not being snarky or sarcastic in any way.

I drink far more than I should, more than the average person, and I’ve never come close to having the shakes. There has been times I thought I might need help.

Posted:
  • nibnib Members  41WRX Points: 61Posts: 41 Bunkers

Thanks for your post.

Posted:
  • MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members  3278WRX Points: 870Handicap: 6Posts: 3,278 Titanium Tees

On -, @nib said:

Thanks for your post.

Hey, check out the subreddit www.reddit.com/r/stopdrinking
    Great support group and helps to have a place to check in daily. Good luck!

Posted:

As of 6/5/20
    9.5 Cobra LTD Pro with Aldila Silver 110 X
    13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha X
    18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce X
    6-PW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0
    5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400
    4 iron / utility Sub 70 699 with Proforce 85 gram X
    50, 54, 60 Vokeys
    Tank Counter Balance #7
    Driver and Putter are set for now. Wedges are safe for time being.

• skygod987skygod987 Northern IllinoisMembers  77WRX Points: 61Handicap: 8.1Posts: 77 Fairways

They will go away, the key is keeping them away. It’s worth it, keep your chin up.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BirdyjuiceBirdyjuice Granbury, TxMembers  76WRX Points: 65Handicap: 11Posts: 76 Fairways

On -, @aenemated said:

Recovering alcoholic here.

Tremors are normal after long term alcohol abuse. I remember days I couldn't even sign my name, let alone try to hold a golf club. I remember times I couldn't drink a glass of water without holding it with both hands and slowly bringing it up to sip.

Honestly, this wasn't even the worst part of drying out.

So yeah, if you're to the point you just think you have a problem - you not only have a problem, you have a severe problem. I recommend going to your doctor and being 100% honest about how much you drink. Lying to them - and yeah, I did it - is pointless. They're not there to judge you.

The good news is - it does get better. But it takes time. And in that time, you're gonna want nothing more than just a sip of booze. But if you're to the point I was; you know it won't stop with just a sip. So don't do it.

Good luck, friend.

Solid work here all around!

Posted:
  • greenj20greenj20 Grosse Pointe Farms, MIMembers  81WRX Points: 24Handicap: 18.2Posts: 81 Fairways

Good luck. Stay healthy!

Posted:
    Driver: Epic Flash 9* 
    Hybrids: F8 One Length 5H, 4H, Speedback 3H
    Irons: Forged Tec Black One Length GW-6
    Wedges: Vokey SM 6 Jet Black F Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: SC Newport 2 Custom
    Bag: Sun Mountain Phantom Cart
    Ball: Pro V1 Yellow -or- Bridgestone e12 Matte Green

• Alpha3Alpha3 Members  738WRX Points: 90Handicap: 8Posts: 738 Golden Tee

Recovering alcoholic here also

Been playing/living sober for many years. The 1/2 way house I lived in at 35 had a golf group, had to be sober a month to be invited. Eventually looked forward to playing with those guys. I’m sure (if you’re anything like myself and friends) golf should not be the priority right now. When the pain of getting sober is less than the pain drinking is when most of us have a chance. I wish I would have quit when the shakes and seizures started.
    The good news is you can find guys in any city that don’t drink and play golf. There has been many times people think my group has been drinking, after all we’re just drunks that aren’t drinking. We stoped drinking, we didn’t stop having fun!
    I hope you are doing better, drinking is only a problem if it causes problems. (-:

Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1648WRX Points: 496Posts: 1,648 Platinum Tees

Wow, the shakes? I had a alcoholic buddy in college who'd get them. Sorry to hear this might be an issue. The guys I play with in my Saturday group all play dry. I usually have a beer at the turn or bring my flask of Maker's. I play better with one drink or two. Seems to help me relax and focus. Good luck in this transition...

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11706WRX Points: 1,427Handicap: 7Posts: 11,706 ClubWRX

Puff a little weed if you need to mind alter, alcohol is poison, and a life wrecker.

Posted:
    GBB Ventus Black 6
    F9 Tour 3w-Ventus black 7
    F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
    F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 
    Mavrik Pro 5-A TT Elevate 
    MD5 53/58
    Toulon Portland Garage 
    TM TP5X 

Advertisement
  • birdie30birdie30 Members  34WRX Points: 26Posts: 34 Bunkers

Good luck man!! If you have the shakes, definitely stop drinking

Posted:
  • costarichiecostarichie Members  19WRX Points: 7Posts: 19 Bunkers

Hi, I just wanted to say that like posted above, go to see a doctor. They can give you drugs that will make the detox much much easier. If your condition is serious enough the detox programs will also make it much easier. The good news is that in a week you will feel better, just got to get through it. Good luck brother.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.