Rangefinder

CaptJosh ·  
CaptJoshCaptJosh Members  12WRX Points: 20Posts: 12 Bunkers

What rangefinder does your junior use? I’m in the market for one and really can’t make up my mind at all!

Posted:

Comments

• Tannerbug33Tannerbug33 Members  161WRX Points: 74Posts: 161 Fairways

We currently use the Tic Tic Tic rangefinder. 149 on Amazon. Works good for me. He has kept up with it for over a year. Probably going to get him the bushnell hybrid rangefinder for Christmas.
    I think the GPS is good for confirming distances. Sometimes if the wind isn't blowing it's hard to pick up the flag are you'll pick up something behind it. At least with the GPS if it shots the flag and says 140 but the GPS says 120 the back of the green you know something is wrong and reshoot it.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jmgledhilljmgledhill Members  78WRX Points: 39Posts: 78 Fairways

I use the costco rangefinder and is every bit as accurate as the flagship bushnell that a buddy has. Also has the same 6x optics.

Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  459WRX Points: 174Posts: 459 Greens

We have a bushnell. It has the technology where when it locks in on the target it vibrates. Makes it very easy for her to use. I have the model that has the slope switch on the side. You can either turn it on or off.

Posted:
  • BertGABertGA Members  360WRX Points: 125Posts: 360 Greens

I had a TecTecTec. I found it difficult myself to lock on to targets. Some of this may depend on what area of the country you are in. Our courses have significant elevation changes, lots of large tree trunks anchoring the greens, elevated bowl backdrops to greens. I bought myself a Bushnell and have found it about 5 times easier.

Gave the TTT to my daughter, needless to say it is difficult for her. No sweat off my back as it didn’t really cost me anything, but I’m guessing once she enters tournaments where I cannot be her caddy, she will get a Bushnell.

Posted:
  • CaptJoshCaptJosh Members  12WRX Points: 20Posts: 12 Bunkers

I believe I have decided to go with the Bushnell Tour V4

Posted:
  • BertGABertGA Members  360WRX Points: 125Posts: 360 Greens

On -, @CaptJosh said:

I believe I have decided to go with the Bushnell Tour V4

You won’t regret it.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  459WRX Points: 174Posts: 459 Greens

Leupold has great customer service and one of the things they have on their range finders is the ability to choose a club for you. You input your club distances and based on the yardages it will show you what club to hit. The particular version I saw was harder to lock onto the target than my bushnell. The optics on the Leupold are better IMO but it’s hard to go with one simply because of how much harder it is to lock on a target.

Posted:
  • BloctonGolf11BloctonGolf11 Members  549WRX Points: 378Handicap: 8Posts: 549 Golden Tee

My son uses a run of the mill Simmons Rangefinder from Dicks. It measures the same as my Nikon from 200 in and that is all he needs. Once he gets older I will get him something better but I am not dropping $200+ for him on a rangefinder. Personally, I have never understood the rush to buy an expensive rangefinder for anyone be it junior or adult. My $150 Nikon Coolshot does the same things as a $400 rangefinder.

Posted:
    Just a father and son on a journey together through golf....
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1198WRX Points: 573Posts: 1,198 Platinum Tees

On -, @BloctonGolf11 said:

My son uses a run of the mill Simmons Rangefinder from Dicks. It measures the same as my Nikon from 200 in and that is all he needs. Once he gets older I will get him something better but I am not dropping $200+ for him on a rangefinder. Personally, I have never understood the rush to buy an expensive rangefinder for anyone be it junior or adult. My $150 Nikon Coolshot does the same things as a $400 rangefinder.

+1 on the Nikon Coolshot.

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

-- Get down with the sickness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw --

• leighton3leighton3 Members  1WRX Points: 2Posts: 1 Starters

I am a 14 y/o that plays golf on a daily basis. Also tournaments every other weekend. I use a Bushnell V4. They are on sale right now because they have introduced a newer range finder. This range finder works great and vibrates at you when you hit the pin! It is accurate to 1 yard! I have had it for over a year and only had to change batteries once. Great range finder and definitly recommend.

Posted:
  • mrshinsamrshinsa Members  276WRX Points: 133Posts: 276 Greens

Do spend a bit more and get one that's waterproof.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.